PDA

View Full Version : Am I totally imagining it, or was the fact that one of the London Bridge terrorists

Monty92
11-23-2017, 01:11 PM
was wearing a fúcking Arsenal shirt not largely overlooked in the subsequent commentary?

I certainly don't recall it being an Awimb talking point at the time.

redgunamo
11-23-2017, 01:18 PM
was wearing a fúcking Arsenal shirt not largely overlooked in the subsequent commentary?

We were even represented in that Libya slave-trading video. Well done, our marketing wallahs, imo :-\

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2017, 01:24 PM

Aside from being in the headline on the front page of the biggest selling newspaper* in the country?

*Is the Sun still the biggest seller or has the Mail overtaken it?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 01:31 PM

The Millwall have a go hero mentioned that "no **** wearin' an Arsenal shirt was gettin' in his local".

It all got a bit tricky because the media knew that the slightest scratch of the hero would see him bellowing racist abuse in all directions. It's why he will never receive the medal he actually deserves.

Sir C
11-23-2017, 01:33 PM
The Millwall have a go hero mentioned that "no **** wearin' an Arsenal shirt was gettin' in his local".

It all got a bit tricky because the media knew that the slightest scratch of the hero would see him bellowing racist abuse in all directions. It's why he will never receive the medal he actually deserves.

I know a season ticket holder at Millwall who knows that lad. He is indeed quite an outstandingly racist thug. :hehe:

Come to think of it, that whole little group of Millwall fans I knwo behave like the 1980s never happened. They're proer animals and they're in their 50s, for God's sake.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 01:37 PM
I know a season ticket holder at Millwall who knows that lad. He is indeed quite an outstandingly racist thug. :hehe:

Come to think of it, that whole little group of Millwall fans I knwo behave like the 1980s never happened. They're proer animals and they're in their 50s, for God's sake.

And as we march towards the Steppes in our coming war with The Bear you will be glad they are on our side c.

taxman10
11-23-2017, 02:14 PM
Also an arsenal shirt on display in Zimbabwe when Mugabe resigned. Along with 2 Wenger out banners lol

SWv2
11-23-2017, 02:20 PM

I think twisting the narrative at the time to which football club the terrorist supported would have been trivial and unnecessary.

And I used it for your benefit.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 02:28 PM
I think twisting the narrative at the time to which football club the terrorist supported would have been trivial and unnecessary.

And I used it for your benefit.

I loved you as if you were my son. You are dead to me.

SWv2
11-23-2017, 02:38 PM
I loved you as if you were my son. You are dead to me.

Son of a second rate plumber who I expect has already been featured on the BBC Rogue Traders?

Cosmic.

Burney
11-23-2017, 02:53 PM
Son of a second rate plumber who I expect has already been featured on the BBC Rogue Traders?

Cosmic.

To be fair, sw, we've no evidence that h was anything other than a top-class jobby-botherer.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 03:00 PM
To be fair, sw, we've no evidence that h was anything other than a top-class jobby-botherer.

To be fair to s b, a functioning brain in that particular discipline is something of a hindrance and my heart was never really in it.

I am rather worried however by S's uses of the word cosmic. Is he a bit of a six counties version of Withnail do you suppose?

Burney
11-23-2017, 03:05 PM
To be fair to s b, a functioning brain in that particular discipline is something of a hindrance and my heart was never really in it.

I am rather worried however by S's uses of the word cosmic. Is he a bit of a six counties version of Withnail do you suppose?

Oh, I don't know. Some of these chaps seem awfully clued-up about all the pipes and valves and water pressures and gubbins.

Be honest, though, it was the Poles who undercut you and drove you out, wasn't it? :-(

Sir C
11-23-2017, 03:07 PM
Oh, I don't know. Some of these chaps seem awfully clued-up about all the pipes and valves and water pressures and gubbins.

Be honest, though, it was the Poles who undercut you and drove you out, wasn't it? :-(

They used to put that juice on the pipe and heat it up and it smelled nice. What was that stuff called?

Maybe it was gas fitters actually. Same thing, I suppose.

Burney
11-23-2017, 03:13 PM
They used to put that juice on the pipe and heat it up and it smelled nice. What was that stuff called?

I once had a chap spend most of a day in my loft trying to work out how my pipes worked. He was getting awfully cross about something or other.

SWv2
11-23-2017, 03:18 PM
I once had a chap spend most of a day in my loft trying to work out how my pipes worked. He was getting awfully cross about something or other.

Ah, the almost incandescent rage of a tradesman as he swears and gets angry, almost blaming you the Householder for the original placing of pipes, the original wiring etc, the garage mechanic who will almost give out to you because your car is French.

Of course a lot of it is just a whizz to try and make the job appear more difficult and thus an excuse to raise the price.

Just fix it you ****, I have things to be getting on with, television to watch etc.

Burney
11-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Ah, the almost incandescent rage of a tradesman as he swears and gets angry, almost blaming you the Householder for the original placing of pipes, the original wiring etc, the garage mechanic who will almost give out to you because your car is French.

Of course a lot of it is just a whizz to try and make the job appear more difficult and thus an excuse to raise the price.

Just fix it you ****, I have things to be getting on with, television to watch etc.

I think it was the fact that he'd quoted us a price for the job and it took him far longer than it should have because the previous householder had put all the piping in in a distinctly non-standard way. He was effectively losing money doing this job for us. :hehe:

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 03:35 PM
I think it was the fact that he'd quoted us a price for the job and it took him far longer than it should have because the previous householder had put all the piping in in a distinctly non-standard way. He was effectively losing money doing this job for us. :hehe:

I feel sorry for the Dutcher who hosted my brothers wedding in the 'Dam.Gave him an upfront price for all grub and booze.Poor bastárd lost a fortune :-(

Burney
11-23-2017, 03:39 PM
I feel sorry for the Dutcher who hosted my brothers wedding in the 'Dam.Gave him an upfront price for all grub and booze.Poor bastárd lost a fortune :-(

:hehe: I assume he emerged a sadder and wiser Dutchman with a far greater understanding of the Irish capacity for drink?

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 03:42 PM
:hehe: I assume he emerged a sadder and wiser Dutchman with a far greater understanding of the Irish capacity for drink?

Our kid can speak fluent gabbledegook b,he didn't realise there were 40 Irishers coming :hehe:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 03:58 PM

Fluxite you big middle class tosser

Sir C
11-23-2017, 04:30 PM
Fluxite you big middle class tosser

Nah, it had a different name.

Burney
11-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Nah, it had a different name.

You want to know what pleasant-smelling fluid it was that a burly tradesman once used to grease up your pipe?

Sir C
11-23-2017, 04:35 PM
You want to know what pleasant-smelling fluid it was that a burly tradesman once used to grease up your pipe?

Yes. It only really started to smell when it got warmed up with a blowtorch.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 04:45 PM

Ah, the silent, timid fuming of the middle class wánker when he gets the bill and realises that the tradesman he despises is probably making more money than him. Just pay up you ****. I have another soft handed tosser to stitch up.

Burney
11-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Ah, the silent, timid fuming of the middle class wánker when he gets the bill and realises that the tradesman he despises is probably making more money than him. Just pay up you ****. I have another soft handed tosser to stitch up.

Are you calling sw middle class? Good lord.

SWv2
11-23-2017, 05:34 PM
Are you calling sw middle class? Good lord.

Well I do live on the Southside B.