PDA

View Full Version : Coolest footballer ever?

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Of course the answer is always Socrates

“I decided not to play Socrates in the next game because his warm-up had consisted of drinking two bottles of Budweiser and three cigarettes which we had in the changing rooms.” - Garforth Town manager Simon Clifford

Burney
11-23-2017, 12:31 PM

“I decided not to play Socrates in the next game because his warm-up had consisted of drinking two bottles of Budweiser and three cigarettes which we had in the changing rooms.” - Garforth Town manager Simon Clifford

I'm not sure footballers can actually be cool, c. This is due to the fact that they run around in shorts for a living, which basically destroys all sense of cool. :-(

Think about it: Marlon Brando in weird gay leather outfit in The Wild One - cool. Put Marlon in shorts - not cool.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-23-2017, 12:32 PM
Pirlo

or Phil Jones

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 12:32 PM

"I smoke, I drink, I think"

Sir C
11-23-2017, 12:33 PM

I'm sorry to be predictable, but 'coolest footballer'? Come now, there can be no argument, surely?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry to be predictable, but 'coolest footballer'? Come now, there can be no argument, surely?

I think having the 'look' of an Appalachian inbred excludes him c.

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 12:35 PM

Whilst I do admit ole JC would easily belong in my gang but he's not got a sexy bubble name nor a beard.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-23-2017, 12:38 PM
Plus his hair was too flat

Sir C
11-23-2017, 12:39 PM
I think having the 'look' of an Appalachian inbred excludes him c.

He was beautiful, h.

Sir C
11-23-2017, 12:39 PM
Plus his hair was too flat

He had great hair. He had better hair than Charlie George.

Sir C
11-23-2017, 12:40 PM
Whilst I do admit ole JC would easily belong in my gang but he's not got a sexy bubble name nor a beard.

These are fair points, c.

He's still the most perfect human who ever lived, mind.

Burney
11-23-2017, 12:41 PM

There's nothing cool about smoking. :nono:

Is lung cancer cool? Is it? Hmmm?

Sir C
11-23-2017, 12:43 PM
There's nothing cool about smoking. :nono:

Is lung cancer cool? Is it? Hmmm?

He didn't have lung cancer :shrug:

And you know smoking is cool as well as I do.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-23-2017, 12:43 PM
Imagine JC in OUR dugout C :cloud9:
He was linked with us when another cool footballer GG was sacked
Instead we got the Insurance Manager

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 12:44 PM
He was beautiful, h.

He should have been there in '78 when the vile argies stole it c. :cry;

Viva Prat Vegas
11-23-2017, 12:45 PM
JC cetainly looked cool as Barca boss in his smart beige raincoat and sucking on lollipops to help kick the fag craving

Sir C
Imagine JC in OUR dugout C :cloud9:
He was linked with us when another cool footballer GG was sacked
Instead we got the Insurance Manager

Of course we must remember that he created the Barcelona style that we know, he created Rijkaard and Guardiola, and so, in effect, he beat us in the 2006 final :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
He had great hair. He had better hair than Charlie George.

No man had better anything than Charlie George you foul heretic!

Sir C
11-23-2017, 12:47 PM
He should have been there in '78 when the vile argies stole it c. :cry;

Well first of all he should have kept his shít together in the final in '74 and behaved like a porper captain, ffs. Then he should have kicked his harridan of a missus in the arse and got on the flight to Argentina, yes.

What a wánker.

Sir C
11-23-2017, 12:48 PM
No man had better anything than Charlie George you foul heretic!

I've got better fingers.

All ten of them.

I cried when I met Charlie George, h. He gave me a cuddle. :cry:

PSRB
11-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Maradona - FACT

Sir C
11-23-2017, 12:54 PM
Maradona - FACT

Too short. Too Argentinian.

IUFG
11-23-2017, 01:01 PM

Peter Beardsley. Obv.

And, Bob Mortimer's impression of him in Athletico Mince is genius.

SWv2
11-23-2017, 01:02 PM
In general this entire conversation is pointless and useless without the input of Jorge.

We all know and accept that the generic suggestions of Cruyff or Socrates or Best or whoever would be swept aside by a lesser known Serie B or Chilean Primera B player.

This is a fact.

Anyway, who or what is cool?

Some people on here wear cowboy boots FFS and yet feel qualified to identify cool.

In the name of Jesus!

IUFG
11-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Some people on here wear cowboy boots FFS and yet feel qualified to identify cool.

you must out this deviant, immediately, sw.

I can't be arsed to trawl back through posts, tbh

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 01:03 PM
I've got better fingers.

All ten of them.

I cried when I met Charlie George, h. He gave me a cuddle. :cry:

When I managed to get an invite to Robert McAlpine's suite at the Emirates I was told there would be a very good chance of meeting him. I mean really meeting him and sitting down to pre-match dinner with him.

I was going to ask him about the period before he left for Derby when Bertie Mee stubbornly benched him every week and was he aware of the "We want Charlie" cries from the North Bank and the "Bertie Mee's a deaf man" chants. In addition to prostrating myself before him and calling him my Liege of course.

He never made it that day c. he was unwell :cry:

Sir C
11-23-2017, 01:04 PM
In general this entire conversation is pointless and useless without the input of Jorge.

We all know and accept that the generic suggestions of Cruyff or Socrates or Best or whoever would be swept aside by a lesser known Serie B or Chilean Primera B player.

This is a fact.

Anyway, who or what is cool?

In the name of Jesus!

I agree. Cowboy boots are nothing without an original Ronnie van Zant Hi-Roller.

https://shoptexashatters.com/ronnievanzant.aspx

Sir C
11-23-2017, 01:07 PM
When I managed to get an invite to Robert McAlpine's suite at the Emirates I was told there would be a very good chance of meeting him. I mean really meeting him and sitting down to pre-match dinner with him.

I was going to ask him about the period before he left for Derby when Bertie Mee stubbornly benched him every week and was he aware of the "We want Charlie" cries from the North Bank and the "Bertie Mee's a deaf man" chants. In addition to prostrating myself before him and calling him my Liege of course.

Pissed, h. He was pissed.

I did the Highbury tour with him. He was like an angel in human form. Sadly, many of the people on the tour were JCLs like sw, and so didn't understand much of his sparkling repartee. "I got on very well with Denis Hill-Wood," he said. "We went to the same school." Deadpan, just like that.

Also, he was sound when referring to Spurs. "That shower of shít up the road that call themselves a football club."

A Great Man.

IUFG
11-23-2017, 01:09 PM
A Great Man.

he was our host when we did a 'corporate' in that little box next to the Clock End at THOF.

Charming bloke. Dislikes Spurs with an admirable level of passion :bow:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 01:14 PM

I did the Highbury tour with him. He was like an angel in human form. Sadly, many of the people on the tour were JCLs like sw, and so didn't understand much of his sparkling repartee. "I got on very well with Denis Hill-Wood," he said. "We went to the ame school." Deadpan, just like that.

Also, he was sound when referring to Spurs. "That shower of shít up the road that call themselves a football club."

A Great Man.

Oh dear c. I fear SW is about to descend upon you like some wrathful avenging celtic warrior. Good luck.

Sir C
11-23-2017, 01:16 PM
Oh dear c. I fear SW is about to descend upon you like some wrathful avenging celtic warrior. Good luck.

He admitted himself that he's never experienced a real Spurs game and has no understanding of the level of hatred and violence that used to be connected with the game before it became all safe and antiseptic on the late 80s. :shrug:

You can't expect the bloke to comprehend a culture he never saw.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 01:17 PM
Too short. Too Argentinian.

Tiny winkie

https://celebritygay.com/content/cdn/published/1/1163/images/70845.jpg

IUFG
11-23-2017, 01:18 PM
Tiny winkie

trawling the pink websites, h?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 01:21 PM
He admitted himself that he's never experienced a real Spurs game and has no understanding of the level of hatred and violence that used to be connected with the game before it became all safe and antiseptic on the late 80s. :shrug:

You can't expect the bloke to comprehend a culture he never saw.

Well then blast his eyes and damn him! I had always just assumed he was echte. Does he even know that we were the de-facto irish club in the 70's and could have conceivably fielded a team of 11 tater' scoffers?

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2017, 01:22 PM

I did the Highbury tour with him. He was like an angel in human form. Sadly, many of the people on the tour were JCLs like sw, and so didn't understand much of his sparkling repartee. "I got on very well with Denis Hill-Wood," he said. "We went to the same school." Deadpan, just like that.

A Great Man.

I felt similar when meeting the other Charlie - and his rant when someone suggested United were a far better team than us (which at the time they certainly weren't) was so memorable

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Are you bullying me over my lifestyle choices iu?

Sir C
11-23-2017, 01:26 PM
Well then blast his eyes and damn him! I had always just assumed he was echte. Does he even know that we were the de-facto irish club in the 70's and could have conceivably fielded a team of 11 tater' scoffers?

Lord no, in the 1970s he was living in his mud-floored shack with his mother and 28 siblings; they had no use for newspapers other than to gawp at the pictures enclosing their chips, for reading was a mysterious and suspicious magic to them. Television had been seen in the larger settlements, but electricity had not yet reached sw's hovel. He freely admits he had never heard of us until he got off the banana boat at Fishguard.

Sir C
11-23-2017, 01:27 PM
I felt similar when meeting the other Charlie - and his rant when someone suggested United were a far better team than us (which at the time they certainly weren't) was so memorable

It's amazing that he's such a proper Arsenal man, isn't it? :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2017, 01:31 PM
It's amazing that he's such a proper Arsenal man, isn't it? :cloud9:

Yes. Says a lot about his relationship with the supporters as much as anything. Imagine if he played today - booed out of the club by ****s like WES the first game he failed to score a goal

Sir C
11-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Yes. Says a lot about his relationship with the supporters as much as anything. Imagine if he played today - booed out of the club by ****s like WES the first game he failed to score a goal

It doesn't bear thinking about.

What would a current Arsenal crowd make of Perry Groves, I wonder?

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2017, 01:36 PM

Ginger-haired **** though tbf ...

Sir C
11-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Ginger-haired **** though tbf ...

:hehe: John Hawley?

Luis Anaconda
11-23-2017, 01:40 PM
:hehe: John Hawley?

Lee Chapman - **** footballer, **** bloke. He'd probably be a favourite

redgunamo
11-23-2017, 01:41 PM

Dunno, but surely not too many players have played a Russian spy in a Guy Ritchie film

https://youtu.be/pNx-9bJPsOA

Burney
11-23-2017, 01:50 PM

To be fair, I remember a late 80s Arsenal crowd booing him, so my guess would be 'not much'.

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 01:56 PM
Dunno, but surely not too many players have played a Russian spy in a Guy Ritchie film

https://youtu.be/pNx-9bJPsOA

Hmmmm Emmanuel Petit was in The Bill r

redgunamo
11-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Hmmmm Emmanuel Petit was in The Bill r

True. What about Sylvester Stallone? He's cool, does he count?

http://cdn1us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/main_wide/public/escape-to-victory_main.jpg?itok=eXCCXRJR

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 02:04 PM
True. What about Sylvester Stallone? He's cool, does he count?

http://cdn1us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/main_wide/public/escape-to-victory_main.jpg?itok=eXCCXRJR

Kazimierz Deyna was cool in that movie that's for sure

SWv2
11-23-2017, 02:05 PM

He used to frequent William Hill by Highbury Barn if it is any help.

Burney
11-23-2017, 02:09 PM
He didn't have lung cancer :shrug:

And you know smoking is cool as well as I do.

He did have the lung cankers. They metastatatasised into his brain it say here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johan_Cruyff

Sir C
11-23-2017, 02:13 PM
He did have the lung cankers. They metastatatasised into his brain it say here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johan_Cruyff

Oh it was the brain issue that kilt him. The tiny touch of lung cancer was neither here nor there to a chap like Johan.

SWv2
11-23-2017, 02:17 PM
Oh it was the brain issue that kilt him. The tiny touch of lung cancer was neither here nor there to a chap like Johan.

In most occasions it is not the actual cancer that kills a person with cancer.

Fact.

Burney
11-23-2017, 02:19 PM
In most occasions it is not the actual cancer that kills a person with cancer.

Fact.

That's a bit like saying that it isn't being shot that kills people, it's all the massive trauma and blood loss.

redgunamo
11-23-2017, 02:20 PM
That's a bit like saying that it isn't being shot that kills people, it's all the massive trauma and blood loss.

Right. Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

Sir C
11-23-2017, 02:20 PM

Always with the racism, b. They're not all terrorists man!

SWv2
11-23-2017, 02:21 PM

I just recall being told this by a very senior Consultant in the Hospice place.

Ultimately it is something like a massive pulmonary shíthouse that ends it all.

Sir C
11-23-2017, 02:21 PM
Right. Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

What about people who've been battered to death with the gun butts?

redgunamo
11-23-2017, 02:25 PM
What about people who've been battered to death with the gun butts?

Most unfortunate, I'd say. They won't even show up in the gun violence statistics :-(

Burney
11-23-2017, 02:40 PM
I just recall being told this by a very senior Consultant in the Hospice place.

Ultimately it is something like a massive pulmonary shíthouse that ends it all.

:nod: Pneumonia is often what's written on death certificates.

TheCurly
11-23-2017, 02:47 PM
:nod: Pneumonia is often what's written on death certificates.

Yip.Same as me auld fella.Nothing to do with the 100 tabs a day.Nor the bottle of Scottish a day.