PDA

View Full Version : Dinner?

Sir C
11-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Veal Milanese, sketti, sugo al pomodoro. Water.

Later, a nice cup of tea. Earl Grey, lemon.

Peter
11-22-2017, 04:06 PM

Aloo Sag, vegan mushroom madras and onion bhaji.......all vegan, hot as ****.

Then an hour in the pub, couple of Guinness, and back for the first hour of the cricket.

Sir C
11-22-2017, 04:08 PM
Aloo Sag, vegan mushroom madras and onion bhaji.......all vegan, hot as ****.

Then an hour in the pub, couple of Guinness, and back for the first hour of the cricket.

What you want there is a fúck off steak on the side.

I'd go with ribeye if I were you. Rare. Dab of horseradish maybe.

Peter
11-22-2017, 04:12 PM
What you want there is a fúck off steak on the side.

I'd go with ribeye if I were you. Rare. Dab of horseradish maybe.

You dont really understand the whole vegan thing, do you.

I dont do steak in england. Its either expensive or ****, often both.

Sir C
11-22-2017, 04:13 PM

You're going to the wrong butcher, old chap.

The lack of meat explains why you're such a moany fúcker, p. Your joyvalves have been welded shut by vegetables.

Peter
11-22-2017, 04:24 PM
You're going to the wrong butcher, old chap.

The lack of meat explains why you're such a moany fúcker, p. Your joyvalves have been welded shut by vegetables.

Nonsense. I eat plenty of meat. And I am not a many ****er. I am just more adept at spotting problems and deficiencies than most people, and more willing to point them out.

Burney
11-22-2017, 04:48 PM

I've no idea, actually. I should give it some thought.

How do you eat your sketti and veal? I find I have to chop up the milanese, then twist a bit of sketti and then spear the meat with the end of the fork so I can eat the lot together.

Sir C
11-22-2017, 04:54 PM
I've no idea, actually. I should give it some thought.

How do you eat your sketti and veal? I find I have to chop up the milanese, then twist a bit of sketti and then spear the meat with the end of the fork so I can eat the lot together.

I shovel the sketti in to get rid of it, then attack the veal. I can't squirt lemon on my veal until the pasta is all gone, an I need the veal hot to receive the juice, so it's a bit of a rush.

Burney
11-22-2017, 04:57 PM
I shovel the sketti in to get rid of it, then attack the veal. I can't squirt lemon on my veal until the pasta is all gone, an I need the veal hot to receive the juice, so it's a bit of a rush.

Oh, no. The ingredients are so disparate that doing that would feel like having two separate meals. I have to eat them together for it to make any sense.

Sir C
11-22-2017, 04:59 PM
Oh, no. The ingredients are so disparate that doing that would feel like having two separate meals. I have to eat them together for it to make any sense.

Have you been watching Rick in Mexico? He's prompted me to make steak tacos tomorrow.

I know all Mexican food is the same, but chilli, lime juice, salt and coriander is always good.

Burney
11-22-2017, 05:03 PM
Have you been watching Rick in Mexico? He's prompted me to make steak tacos tomorrow.

I know all Mexican food is the same, but chilli, lime juice, salt and coriander is always good.

I've seen bits. Mexican food in Baja and Southern California was actually a revelation to me, since it was quite different to Tex/Mex shīte. I became quite addicted to fish tacos.

redgunamo
11-22-2017, 05:07 PM

Yonako, for salmon roe and seaweed.

Probably a kebab and a few pints for afters. Yum.

Pokster
11-23-2017, 07:46 AM

The Ivy, Harrogate.... very nice it was too

World's End Stella
11-23-2017, 10:01 AM

That's because it's grass fed.

There is simply no point in eating grass fed steak once you've had grain fed steak. :shrug: