PDA

View Full Version : I approached a roundabout to turn right this morning and

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-22-2017, 01:13 PM
found myself diligently indicating right and then left as I exited as if Berni himself were perched on my shoulder like some ghastly little judgemental goblin.

The only sign of approval he gave was a grim, barely perceptible nod with the certainty he would continue to monitor me in perpetuity.

Burney
11-22-2017, 01:22 PM
found myself diligently indicating right and then left as I exited as if Berni himself were perched on my shoulder like some ghastly little judgemental goblin.

The only sign of approval he gave was a grim, barely perceptible nod with the certainty he would continue to monitor me in perpetuity.

It’s good to see I’m making you a better person, h.

Pokster
11-22-2017, 01:25 PM
It’s good to see I’m making you a better person, h.

Wasn't hard tbf... but well done b

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Wasn't hard tbf... but well done b

. . . . . . .

Peter
11-22-2017, 02:00 PM

Some **** this morning sat in a box junction. What the **** is the matter with these people? It isn't as if you cant see it.....

Monty92
11-22-2017, 02:07 PM
Some **** this morning sat in a box junction. What the **** is the matter with these people? It isn't as if you cant see it.....

I think most people end up in box junctions after slighty encroaching, panicking, banking on the traffic ahead moving off and moving deeper into the box junction and then realising you're fúcking stuck there. Fairly easily done, in my experience.

Oh and just because I've responded to you in a civil way, do not think I've forgotten our earlier conversation in which you were not only wrong, but also a proper dick about it.

Burney
11-22-2017, 02:12 PM
I think most people end up in box junctions after slighty encroaching, panicking, banking on the traffic ahead moving off and moving deeper into the box junction and then realising you're fúcking stuck there. Fairly easily done, in my experience.

Oh and just because I've responded to you in a civil way, do not think I've forgotten our earlier conversation in which you were not only wrong, but also a proper dick about it.

The problem with box junctions is that they take zero account of human nature. A law abiding citizen will wait until their exit from the box junction is clear, but while he is moving forward into the available space, some cünt will switch lanes in front of him and leave him stranded in the box junction.

Naturally, such people deserve crucifixion.

Ash
11-22-2017, 02:13 PM

Buses lying across pedestrian crossings, front pressed up against the vehicle ahead, arse sticking out into the middle of the junction boils my wee.

Ash
11-22-2017, 02:14 PM

:hehe:

Worse, he was siding with WES. No-one should do that.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Bus drivers use Box junctions as short stay car parks

Burney
11-22-2017, 02:18 PM
Bus drivers use Box junctions as short stay car parks

Bus drivers as a species ought to be gassed. They are all totally evil in my experience.

World's End Stella
11-22-2017, 02:18 PM

He handed your arse to you, Monty old bean.

Take it like a man and move on. :nod:

World's End Stella
11-22-2017, 02:20 PM
. . . . . . .

You great poof, Herb.

I deliberately refused to signal at a roundabout going home last night just because of Berni. And as I did it, I said to myself, so the person wanting to enter might have to wait an additional second. Big deal. Tosser.

:-)

Peter
11-22-2017, 02:21 PM

when in Rome...

Monty92
11-22-2017, 02:22 PM
He handed your arse to you, Monty old bean.

Take it like a man and move on. :nod:

Ok, digging up my old post was a nifty move, I grant you. But I don't think it was the zinger he (or you) like to believe. I am, after all, notorious for being a major drama queen prone to absurd hyperbole and it's no surprise to find me in just such a frenzy at a time when Spurs were in with a shout of winning the league.

SWv2
11-22-2017, 02:25 PM
Ok, digging up my old post was a nifty move, I grant you. But I don't think it was the zinger he (or you) like to believe. I am, after all, notorious for being a major drama queen prone to absurd hyperbole and it's no surprise to find me in just such a frenzy at a time when Spurs were in with a shout of winning the league.

To be fair I have seen you in a frenzy of fear and nerves simply leading up to a NLD.

World's End Stella
11-22-2017, 02:26 PM

So basically 'don't hold my own words against me because I am unreliable'.

Not convinced your helping yourself here, Monty. When in a hole and all that...

Burney
11-22-2017, 02:27 PM
To be fair I have seen you in a frenzy of fear and nerves simply leading up to a NLD.

What's wrong with that? I dreaded North London Derbies even when we were good. Now that we're average and Spurs are OK, they're horrible.

Peter
11-22-2017, 02:27 PM

you see, I didnt dig it out as such. I knew it was there because I remember you being a big pussy about it at the time, just like the rest of us.

I didnt dig it out to embarrass you. It was to illustrate the point that, whatever the final table said, there was a moment there where it genuinely looked terrifyingly likely. Had they beaten West Brom, god knows what would have happened.

Benefit of hindsight, it required Leicester to collapse and wasnt all that likely. The coolness at a distance is as inaccurate as the panic of the time. Somewhere in the middle is about the right pitch.

In other words, you were wrong then, you're wrong now, and I am right. :D

And I was being nice about it. I left out the part of the post where you admitted to ****ing a man.

Peter
11-22-2017, 02:28 PM

He has always admitted to being a great big girl's blouse when it comes to Spurs. It is nothing to be ashamed of and is, to me, the natural reaction.

Peter
11-22-2017, 02:29 PM
What's wrong with that. I dreaded North London Derbies even when we were good. Now that we're average and Spurs are OK, they're horrible.

Sw is one of those ****ing weirdos who loves the North London Derby.

Monty92
11-22-2017, 02:30 PM

Actually, this is not my point. If he'd have looked a little "harder" he may well have found examples of me talking up Arsenal's credentials as challengers when most others believed we had no chance. In fact I remember a particular post from a recent season where I actually wrote that it is impossible to deny that we are involved in a title challenge (despite patchy form) and I was basically laughed off the board.

Point being, I am happy to concede that Spurs have challenged in recent times. My contention is that if they have, we have too.

Viva Prat Vegas
Big Girls Blouse is a very sexist comment
Which is why I like it
:-)
Ryan Shawcross is a Big Girls Blouse
Ray Clemence too

Burney
Sw is one of those ****ing weirdos who loves the North London Derby.

They're pure torture until the final whistle.

SWv2
What's wrong with that? I dreaded North London Derbies even when we were good. Now that we're average and Spurs are OK, they're horrible.

I genuinely think a chap who cannot enjoy the NLD and all that surrounds it is in the wrong sport.

It is everything that following a football team should be about.

:shrug:

Peter
11-22-2017, 02:33 PM
Actually, this is not my point. If he'd have looked a little "harder" he may well have found examples of me talking up Arsenal's credentials as challengers when most others believed we had no chance. In fact I remember a particular post from a recent season where I actually wrote that it is impossible to deny that we are involved in a title challenge (despite patchy form) and I was basically laughed off the board.

Point being, I am happy to concede that Spurs have challenged in recent times. My contention is that if they have, we have too.

We were, without question, part of the title race in 15/16. This is what made our form from February onwards so disappointing. Dropping points in silly games like Swansea at home, Palace at home, West Ham and Sunderland away during the run in.

Entering the last 7 or 8 games we should have been right on their tail and the massive frustration is that we werent. Then Spurs overtook us and anger turned to fury, despair and, in some cases, panic.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-22-2017, 02:33 PM
Steve is right
Monty is physically sick at the thought of an upcoming NLD
Ergo Monty is a in the right sport

Peter
11-22-2017, 02:34 PM
They're pure torture until the final whistle.

Exactly. I have never enjoyed a single minute of any of them. Even when we win I am just glad it is over.

Imagine supporting Celtic or Rangers :(

Burney
11-22-2017, 02:36 PM
We were, without question, part of the title race in 15/16. This is what made our form from February onwards so disappointing. Dropping points in silly games like Swansea at home, Palace at home, West Ham and Sunderland away during the run in.

Entering the last 7 or 8 games we should have been right on their tail and the massive frustration is that we werent. Then Spurs overtook us and anger turned to fury, despair and, in some cases, panic.

We actually should have won it in 15/16 and simply bottled it when we saw the finish line. That was why it was probably the most upset I've been by an overall Arsenal season. The fact that we picked up form as soon as we knew we couldn't win made it particularly sickening.

Sir C
11-22-2017, 02:37 PM
I genuinely think a chap who cannot enjoy the NLD and all that surrounds it is in the wrong sport.

It is everything that following a football team should be about.

Nonsense. If you used to enjoy dodging the fighting in the streets and on the terraces whilst worrying that Hoddle, Crooks Hazard and Falco were going to tear us a new hole, there's something very wrong with you.

Peter
11-22-2017, 02:38 PM
We actually should have won it in 15/16 and simply bottled it when we saw the finish line. That was why it was probably the most upset I've been by an overall Arsenal season. The fact that we picked up form as soon as we knew we couldn't win made it particularly sickening.

Certainly matches my recollection. It was the loss at home to Swansea that pissed me off royally. We bottled it the minute we went in front, completely went to pieces.

SWv2
11-22-2017, 02:41 PM
Nonsense. If you used to enjoy dodging the fighting in the streets and on the terraces whilst worrying that Hoddle, Crooks Hazard and Falco were going to tear us a new hole, there's something very wrong with you.

I would say you have never fought on a street in your life you big Dutch gay.

I attended my first NLD in 1987 at their place and in the intervening period have never been involved in violence of any sort a the event, or on the day of the event. That is not to say it does not happen of course.

I love it for the atmosphere, the edge if you will, the mere fact that the crowd is up for it compared to 36 other games a season.

Sir C
11-22-2017, 02:43 PM

I attended my first NLD in 1987 at their place and in the intervening period have never been involved in violence of any sort a the event, or on the day of the event. That is not to say it does not happen of course.

I love it for the atmosphere, the edge if you will, the mere fact that the crowd is up for it compared to 36 other games a season.

1987? :hehe:

Paddy Come Lately.

SWv2
11-22-2017, 02:44 PM
1987? :hehe:

Paddy Come Lately.

Year I moved over. Not a whole lot I can do about that.

Rich
11-22-2017, 02:44 PM

I recount a tale of him fighting with a stranger on the streets of Twickenham, iirc.

Burney
11-22-2017, 02:45 PM
I recount a tale of him fighting with a stranger on the streets of Twickenham, iirc.

Oh, yes. He jumped on him at the train station :hehe: It all sounded most undignified.

Sir C
11-22-2017, 02:46 PM
Oh, yes. He jumped on him at the train station :hehe: It all sounded most undignified.

You can fúck off as well.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-22-2017, 02:49 PM
Steve
Was your first NLD at WHL in 1987
a) the 100th NLD where we won 2-1 ?
b) the 2nd Leg of the Littlewoods Cup semi-final where we won 2-1 ?
c) the Littlewoods Cup semi-final replay where we won 2-1 ?
d) the October league match where a blow-up doll was passed around the Gooners to mock David Pleat and with early goals we won 2-1 ?

Asking for a friend

Burney
11-22-2017, 02:52 PM
You can fúck off as well.

You said as much at the time, as I recall. :shrug:

SWv2
11-22-2017, 02:53 PM
Steve
d) the October league match where a blow-up doll was passed around the Gooners to mock David Pleat and with early goals we won 2-1 ?

Asking for a friend

No, I am thinking more Sept 87, 3-2 win at their place.

They would have had Gascoigne by this point.

Peter
11-22-2017, 02:53 PM
Steve

Asking for a friend

I was at the last of those. In the Spurs end.

It was lively.

Peter
11-22-2017, 02:54 PM

That wasnt 87. That was 88/89 season.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-22-2017, 02:54 PM
:Rolleyes:
That was September 88

SWv2
11-22-2017, 02:55 PM

1988 it transpires.

I would have been working in Swiss Cottage at the time which makes sense, Sept 1987 I was unemployed having just came over.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-22-2017, 02:56 PM
You Irish eejit
Apology accepted

SWv2
11-22-2017, 02:57 PM
You Irish eejit
Apology accepted

I am not entirely sure I like the cut of your jib.

Luis Anaconda
11-22-2017, 02:59 PM
Steve

Asking for a friend

the latter would have been fitting. Not just that he is a pervert but that was very much Steve Williams's game - that pass for the first goal. Telling Ardiles to **** off straight to camera. Great man

Peter
I am not entirely sure I like the cut of your jib.

We are all secretly wondering how long you were unemployed for. I mean, how many of those nights in the Queen's Head did I actually pay for?

Peter
the latter would have been fitting. Not just that he is a pervert but that was very much Steve Williams's game - that pass for the second goal. Telling Ardiles to **** off straight to camera. Great man

Conceding a goal in the first 40 seconds, from our ****ing kick off, was pretty special :)

Viva Prat Vegas
I wasted a phonecall to a learned friend in getting hold of all that 87 information
And to think that Charlie only gave you one :hehe: for the FALSE 87 admission

Viva Prat Vegas
11-22-2017, 03:01 PM
Peter
That was the first goal we had conceded for a good while
It was funny though
A Classen lob with the team lineups still on screen
:hehe:

Luis Anaconda
11-22-2017, 03:02 PM
Conceding a goal in the first 40 seconds, from our ****ing kick off, was pretty special :)

Jesus wept - you really are a moany **** aren't you

Peter
11-22-2017, 03:04 PM
Jesus wept - you really are a moany **** aren't you

I doubt George was too happy about it.

I never forgot it. It still bugs me.

SWv2
11-22-2017, 03:04 PM
We are all secretly wondering how long you were unemployed for. I mean, how many of those nights in the Queen's Head did I actually pay for?

I arrived in your country in the August of 1987, did various bits and bobs of cash in hand work until November when I got an actual job albeit a job I lasted less than a year in before being asked to leave. ****s. "Unsuitable for retail" my hole.

From that moment on I was never unemployed once.

So in answer to your question you paid for none!

Peter
11-22-2017, 03:05 PM
I arrived in your country in the August of 1987, did various bits and bobs of cash in hand work until November when I got an actual job albeit a job I lasted less than a year in before being asked to leave. ****s. "Unsuitable for retail" my hole.

Well, I was still at school so I wouldn't have been paying for any of it but that is good to know. You must have been one of a very small band of people in that pub with a job :)

Luis Anaconda
11-22-2017, 03:05 PM
I doubt George was too happy about it.

I never forgot it. It still bugs me.

It rather explains a lot, p :)

SWv2
11-22-2017, 03:07 PM
Well, I was still at school so I wouldn't have been paying for any of it but that is good to know. You must have been one of a very small band of people in that pub with a job :)

The Irish have always been hard workers. Not one of us was ever signing on (in London).

Though of course I cashed any cheques that arrived irrespective of name.

:vsign:

Peter
11-22-2017, 03:08 PM
It rather explains a lot, p :)

That ****ing debacle against Luton in the League Cup final surpassed everything.

I still cant quite believe we lost that game. The period of sustained pressure after we equalised was one of the most intense I have ever seen. We should have been 3 or 4-1 up.

Peter
11-22-2017, 03:09 PM
The Irish have always been hard workers. Not one of us was ever signing on (in London).

Though of course I cashed any cheques that arrived irrespective of name.

:vsign:

'Unsuitable for retail'.... :hehe::hehe:

I cant imagine why......

Burney
11-22-2017, 03:10 PM

Cash in Hand, eh? So you were stealing from HMRC while using our amenities? :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
11-22-2017, 03:11 PM
I will guess that Dibble tipped a header onto the bar
Hayes hit the post close in from a rebound
Smith fluffed a 1 on 1
Winterburn took a penalty with his left foot

Peter
Cash in Hand, eh? So you were stealing from HMRC while using our amenities? :-(

I believe the term is 'freeloader'...... :)

Luis Anaconda
That ****ing debacle against Luton in the League Cup final surpassed everything.

I still cant quite believe we lost that game. The period of sustained pressure after we equalised was one of the most intense I have ever seen. We should have been 3 or 4-1 up.
Yes that still pains me. Why would get a player who has never taken a penalty to take his first one in a final ffs.

SWv2
11-22-2017, 03:12 PM
'Unsuitable for retail'.... :hehe::hehe:

I cant imagine why......

Actually I think you can, and you would be correct.

Stupid fúckers coming up and asking me questions when the answer was completely fúcking obvious.

Peter
11-22-2017, 03:12 PM
I will guess that Dibble tipped a header onto the bar
Hayes hit the post close in from a rebound
Smith fluffed a 1 on 1
Winterburn took a penalty with his left foot

I remember the penalty and Smith crashing a header against the bar.

****ing Gus :banghead::banghead:

SWv2
11-22-2017, 03:13 PM
Yes that still pains me. Why would get a player who has never taken a penalty to take his first one in a final ffs.

I was behind that goal, my first ever visit to the Twin Towers.

So drunk I had to alight and urinate on whatever platform en route. Good days.

Peter
Actually I think you can, and you would be correct.

Stupid fúckers coming up and asking me questions when the answer was completely fúcking obvious.

I was thinking more of the stench of stale beer and the 'hot knife' eyes :)

Burney

I had a friend from Luton at University who mocked me for three years for that game. I was quite resentful until I visited Luton and realised that since the poor chap had suffered that, he deserved some joy.

Peter
11-22-2017, 03:14 PM
I was behind that goal, my first ever visit to the Twin Towers.

So drunk I had to alight and urinate on whatever platform en route. Good days.

So was I. I was too young to be drunk and thus there was no public urination.

SWv2
11-22-2017, 03:14 PM
I was thinking more of the stench of stale beer and the 'hot knife' eyes :)

Well in my defence I only took to smoking hot knives before work in my next job which was office based in EC2.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-22-2017, 03:15 PM
The story is that after Hayes skied that one into the North Bank in the Everton 2nd leg that Winterburn was given the responsibility
Unfortunately the next time we got a penalty was at Wembley

Luis Anaconda
11-22-2017, 03:16 PM
I had a friend from Luton at University who mocked me for three years for that game. I was quite resentful until I visited Luton and realised that since the poor chap had suffered that, he deserved some joy.
Fair enough really - we've had a few good days out since then as well. Absolutely ****ing hated Luton for years after though. Useful airport though

Peter
11-22-2017, 03:18 PM
Fair enough really - we've had a few good days out since then as well. Absolutely ****ing hated Luton for years after though. Useful airport though

it was the first big disappointment I was old enough to fully understand. Still, sandwiched between beating Liverpool the previous year and then Anfield 89....I learned to live with it :)

Burney
11-22-2017, 03:19 PM
it was the first big disappointment I was old enough to fully understand. Still, sandwiched between beating Liverpool the previous year and then Anfield 89....I learned to live with it :)

I remember us losing to West Ham in 1980 and feeling that this event was in direct contravention of the way the universe was supposed to operate.

Luis Anaconda
11-22-2017, 03:43 PM
I remember us losing to West Ham in 1980 and feeling that this event was in direct contravention of the way the universe was supposed to operate.

West Ham followed by Valencia :cry: Followed by being beaten by Boro 5-1 to miss out on Uefa Cup qualification, followed by Brady leaving :cry: :cry: and you listen to the whiny ****s like WES today. They know nothing

Sir C
11-22-2017, 03:50 PM
West Ham followed by Valencia :cry: Followed by being beaten by Boro 5-1 to miss out on Uefa Cup qualification, followed by Brady leaving :cry: :cry: and you listen to the whiny ****s like WES today. They know nothing

Standing on the terraces at the Heysel on crutches was particularly fun. On a schoolnight, as well. :-( AND I had to travel with the supporters club weirdos.