PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about kidneys?

Sir C
11-21-2017, 03:00 PM
I remember the first time I ever ate the rognons de veau au sauce moutarde. It was back in the days when I would train with L'Equipe de Voltige; at a stage in Blois I worked particularly hard one day on negative flicking and was advised by my teammates at dinner that to replace lost energy, the kidneys were more or less essential.

My life may be said to have truly started when I first tasted the rognons.

Burney
11-21-2017, 03:05 PM
I remember the first time I ever ate the rognons de veau au sauce moutarde. It was back in the days when I would train with L'Equipe de Voltige; at a stage in Blois I worked particularly hard one day on negative flicking and was advised by my teammates at dinner that to replace lost energy, the kidneys were more or less essential.

Now kidneys are a thing where I love the flavour, but struggle with the texture. The rich, uriney tang is very special indeed, but the often somewhat grainy mouth-feel troubles me.

Luis Anaconda
11-21-2017, 03:07 PM

They are probably in better condition than my liver tbf

Ash
11-21-2017, 03:09 PM

Kidney is also fùcking revolting imo. As is to be expected of a thing that has been marinaded in piss for the whole of its life. Texture is foul too.

Sir C
11-21-2017, 03:10 PM
Now kidneys are a thing where I love the flavour, but struggle with the texture. The rich, uriney tang is very special indeed, but the often somewhat grainy mouth-feel troubles me.

I can't place this texture of which you speak. I rather enjoy bursting the hardened outer layer, enabling the pink mushiness within to ooze out.

Sir C
11-21-2017, 03:10 PM
Kidney is also fùcking revolting imo. As is to be expected of a thing that has been marinaded in piss for the whole of its life. Texture is foul too.

I like 'em rare, a. With plenty of coriander.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-21-2017, 03:11 PM

Deeply deeply repugnant

Burney
11-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Deeply deeply repugnant

Psssst, h! He's also boasting about flying, btw.

'Negative flicking' indeed!

Sir C
11-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Psssst, h! He's also boasting about flying, btw.

'Negative flicking' indeed!

D'you know I still suffer with flicker's wrist? It's 10 years since I flicked anything, possie or neggie.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-21-2017, 03:15 PM
I can't place this texture of which you speak. I rather enjoy bursting the hardened outer layer, enabling the pink mushiness within to ooze out.

And for fuxake man, can you not even make a simple post about fúcking offal without crow-barring in a tenuous reference to your old flying exploits?

Sir C
11-21-2017, 03:17 PM
And for fuxake man, can you not even make a simple post about fúcking offal without crow-barring in a tenuous reference to your old flying exploits?

Well I could, h, certainly. But I'd so hate to disappoint you...

World's End Stella
11-21-2017, 04:17 PM

I ordered them by mistake in Caveau de Palais (think that was the name) in Paris.

Nice, I enjoyed them. But still wouldn't go out of my way for them. They're the sort of thing I would only ever order in a very upscale place which knew how to do them perfectly.

SWv2
11-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Kidneys filter your pish, or animals pish.

Not for me.

Sir C
11-22-2017, 02:28 PM
I ordered them by mistake in Caveau de Palais (think that was the name) in Paris.

Nice, I enjoyed them. But still wouldn't go out of my way for them. They're the sort of thing I would only ever order in a very upscale place which knew how to do them perfectly.

How in the name of Fúck do you order kidneys by mistake?

Burney
11-22-2017, 02:29 PM
How in the name of Fúck do you order kidneys by mistake?

I imagine his French accent is execrable. His English one's bad enough, after all.

Sir C
11-22-2017, 02:30 PM
I imagine his French accent is execrable. His English one's bad enough, after all.

Perhaps he was really after some of that Yanqui mush they laughingly call steak, cooked by a slave labourer in his favourite fascist Gulf state? Because he's such a foodie :hehe:

Viva Prat Vegas
11-22-2017, 02:40 PM
The Caveau de Palais communication broke down at an early stage
"Sil vous plait monsieur Le kids need a menu "

Sir C
11-22-2017, 02:40 PM
The Caveau de Palais communication broke down at an early stage
"Sil vous plait monsieur Le kids need a menu "

He was confused because it wasn't laminated and there were no pictures.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-22-2017, 02:43 PM
...and he had sweat in his eyes