PDA

View Full Version : DrivingWIMB: Do you always indicate just before you take an exit on a roundabout

Burney
11-21-2017, 12:06 PM
so that other road users know your intention and know - for instance - whether or not they can emerge safely or are you subhuman filth who deserves summary roadside execution?

Asking for a friend.

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 12:16 PM
so that other road users know your intention and know - for instance - whether or not they can emerge safely or are you subhuman filth who deserves summary roadside execution?

Asking for a friend.

Personally I place zero faith in any person's indicators.This is why I have never once had a car accident.Apart that time time Sir Charlie almost killed me but I don't like to talk about

Burney
11-21-2017, 12:24 PM
Personally I place zero faith in any person's indicators.This is why I have never once had a car accident.Apart that time time Sir Charlie almost killed me but I don't like to talk about

Obviously, people who indicate that they're going to turn, but then blithely carry on past the exit are lethally dangerous and are going to hell. However, every morning I sit at this two-lane roundabout on the way to work cursing at people who don't indicate for the exit before mine, but then turn anyway, meaning I could have emerged safely but due to their idiocy, selfishness and thoughtlessness, wasn't able to.

I literally want them all dead.

World's End Stella
11-21-2017, 12:24 PM

Asking for a friend.

If someone is waiting to enter I almost always signal, otherwise never. I feel this might make me human filth although it could be worse, I suppose.

Here's an interesting one. You enter a roundabout to turn right, there are already people on the roundabout as there is a traffic light just after and traffic has backed up. The right exit has only one lane, who has the right of way as you go to exit?

IUFG
11-21-2017, 12:28 PM
If someone is waiting to enter I almost always signal, otherwise never. I feel this might make me human filth although it could be worse, I suppose.

Here's an interesting one. You enter a roundabout to turn right, there are already people on the roundabout as there is a traffic light just after and traffic has backed up. The right exit has only one lane, who has the right of way as you go to exit?

http://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/changes-and-answers/-highway-code-for-roundabouts

now, people who approach a roundabout in the left hand lane of 2 and turn right. no better than kiddie-fiddlers imo

Burney
11-21-2017, 12:30 PM

'Almost' always, eh?

Subhuman filth, I'm afraid. Condemned out of your own fingers. :judge:

PSRB
11-21-2017, 12:45 PM

Asking for a friend.

Yes, I do.

Burney
11-21-2017, 12:46 PM
Yes, I do.

Good chap, psrb. I never doubted you for a minute.

PSRB
11-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Good chap, psrb. I never doubted you for a minute.

My current (since 1995) bugbear is people taking full size bikes on rush hour trains, even worse is people with ****ing fold up bikes who don't ****ing fold the ****ing things up!!

Luis Anaconda
11-21-2017, 01:03 PM
'Almost' always, eh?

Subhuman filth, I'm afraid. Condemned out of your own fingers. :judge:
Hardly a surprise, b

Sir C
11-21-2017, 01:06 PM

Asking for a friend.

Yes, of course.

However, taking a chap's indicating as carte blanche to pull out in front of him is simply asking for an embarrassing and potentially expensive collision.

Sir C
11-21-2017, 01:08 PM

You're still holding that agin me, I suppose. :rolleyes: It's not like the Irish have a history of maintaining grudges or harking back to ancient incidents.

Oh.

SWv2
11-21-2017, 01:21 PM

Asking for a friend.

I always do, or at least try to remember to.

Essentially I am a considerate road user and I am always in mind of Luke 6:31.

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 01:22 PM
You're still holding that agin me, I suppose. :rolleyes: It's not like the Irish have a history of maintaining grudges or harking back to ancient incidents.

Oh.

I'm actually beginning to doubt it happened.As Bonaparte said "“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”

Peter
11-21-2017, 01:51 PM

Asking for a friend.

Yes, of course. Why wouldn't you? You would have to be some kind of massive ****.

The arsehole turning right at a mini roundabout who doesnt bother signallling wants ****ing stabbing.

Peter
11-21-2017, 01:52 PM
I'm actually beginning to doubt it happened.As Bonaparte said "“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”

Yeah, but that is loser talk isn't it.

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Yeah, but that is loser talk isn't it.

No no,as everyone knows our day will come.Mind you it's been 800 fúcking years so should be anytime now really

Burney
11-21-2017, 02:00 PM
Yes, of course. Why wouldn't you? You would have to be some kind of massive ****.

The arsehole turning right at a mini roundabout who doesnt bother signallling wants ****ing stabbing.

Well that's what I'd have said, yes. However, some people seem to think it's an optional extra. :shrug:

Peter
11-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Well that's what I'd have said, yes. However, some people seem to think it's an optional extra. :shrug:

I can at least understand why sometimes people think it unnecessary. The problem is that it then becomes a habit. If you allow people to use discretion as to where and when they bother to indicate you are always going to get some **** who regularly makes bad, inconsiderate and potentially lethal decisions.

So it is best to just do it all the time.

Peter
11-21-2017, 02:09 PM
No no,as everyone knows our day will come.Mind you it's been 800 fúcking years so should be anytime now really

I thought your day came a while back with the Ray Houghton goal and all that?

I thought the whole thing was over and done with and we were all friends again?

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 02:11 PM
I thought your day came a while back with the Ray Houghton goal and all that?

I thought the whole thing was over and done with and we were all friends again?

Oh I suppose we could call the whole thing quits.You did, after all, take Eamonn Holmes off our hands

Burney
11-21-2017, 02:12 PM
I can at least understand why sometimes people think it unnecessary. The problem is that it then becomes a habit. If you allow people to use discretion as to where and when they bother to indicate you are always going to get some **** who regularly makes bad, inconsiderate and potentially lethal decisions.

So it is best to just do it all the time.

It's just reflex for me. After all, it's important for your own welfare, too. If you've got some idiot up your arse and you're going to slow down and turn, you need to let the prick know in plenty of time.

Burney
11-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Oh I suppose we could call the whole thing quits.You did, after all, take Eamonn Holmes off our hands

:-( He was like a Rottweiler puppy or something, c. Quite appealing when he was young, but we had no idea he was going to get so big and eat us out of house and home!

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 02:16 PM
:-( He was like a Rottweiler puppy or something, c. Quite appealing when he was young, but we had no idea he was going to get so big and eat us out of house and home!

It averted a curry chip famine here don't you know

Sir C
11-21-2017, 02:18 PM
It averted a curry chip famine here don't you know

We've had thaose nice lads Eammon Andrews, Dave Allen and Terry Wogan. We never got your Gay Byrne though.

What's wrong with Gay Byrne?

Burney
11-21-2017, 02:20 PM
We've had thaose nice lads Eammon Andrews, Dave Allen and Terry Wogan. We never got your Gay Byrne though.

I always imagine Gay Byrne sitting at home wondering why he never got the call for England and it never occurring to the silly cünt that it might be the fact that HE'S CALLED FÜCKING GAY*!!! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

*NTTAWWI

Sir C
11-21-2017, 02:22 PM
I always imagine Gay Byrne sitting at home wondering why he never got the call for England and it never occurring to the silly cünt that it might be the fact that HE'S CALLED FÜCKING GAY*!!! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

*NTTAWWI

Odd though, isn't it? You'd imagine in the 70sand 80s the BBC would have been gagging to wallpaper him in huge checques, whilst RTE were paying him in Guinness and a quarter of aul' Howie's pig dat he's going to shlaughter nixt week like.

Luis Anaconda
11-21-2017, 02:24 PM

*NTTAWWI
My sister has hired a male nanny who is Gay Byrne's grandson - FACT

He is not Gay - at least he isn't called Gay

Burney
11-21-2017, 02:25 PM
Odd though, isn't it? You'd imagine in the 70sand 80s the BBC would have been gagging to wallpaper him in huge checques, whilst RTE were paying him in Guinness and a quarter of aul' Howie's pig dat he's going to shlaughter nixt week like.

They had Wogan and Val Doonican, Dave Allen and Eammon Andrews - they may just have felt their Irish quota was filled.

Sir C
11-21-2017, 02:25 PM

He's gay. Trust me here.

Burney
11-21-2017, 02:26 PM

Male nannies, though :-(

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 02:27 PM

Could never agree a transfer fee.Typical Wenger

World's End Stella
11-21-2017, 04:20 PM
It's just reflex for me. After all, it's important for your own welfare, too. If you've got some idiot up your arse and you're going to slow down and turn, you need to let the prick know in plenty of time.

As the sub-human filth that I am, I once didn't signal at all when going right on a roundabout, not the right signal as I turned or the left signal as I exited. Simply because I was in a foul mood and couldn't be bothered.

Turns out the bloke waiting to enter was a proper road rage nutter and he let loose a right volley as his eyes bulged out of his head.

Most amusing :hehe: I think I might do it more often just to see the nutters react.

Peter
11-21-2017, 04:22 PM
As the sub-human filth that I am, I once didn't signal at all when going right on a roundabout, not the right signal as I turned or the left signal as I exited. Simply because I was in a foul mood and couldn't be bothered.

Turns out the bloke waiting to enter was a proper road rage nutter and he let loose a right volley as his eyes bulged out of his head.

Most amusing :hehe: I think I might do it more often just to see the nutters react.

You see, the problem is that you were in a foul mood and didnt indicate. You are the original 'nutter' in this story.

World's End Stella
11-21-2017, 04:24 PM
You see, the problem is that you were in a foul mood and didnt indicate. You are the original 'nutter' in this story.

Nah, difference between being lazy and slightly selfish and being a nutter.

People who do the road rage thing are nutters, driving etiquette just isn't that important. :shrug:

Burney
11-21-2017, 04:37 PM

People who do the road rage thing are nutters, driving etiquette just isn't that important. :shrug:

It's not actually etiquette, though, is it? Indicating is actually road safety and basic driving competence. If you don't indicate when turning, you are an unsafe and incompetent driver. What is more, you are almost certainly likely to be in breach of the law.

Peter
11-21-2017, 04:48 PM

By your own admission you failed to indicate because you were in a foul mood. Your own rage led you to endanger your life and the lives of other motorists. That is road rage.

You are guilty.

World's End Stella
11-21-2017, 05:05 PM
It's not actually etiquette, though, is it? Indicating is actually road safety and basic driving competence. If you don't indicate when turning, you are an unsafe and incompetent driver. What is more, you are almost certainly likely to be in breach of the law.

It depends though, doesn't it? Changing lane without indicating? Dangerous, less so if you always check it is safe first. Not indicating on a roundabout? Less so as all you're really doing is inconveniencing the person entering.

I would put the latter in the 'in breach of the law and mildly irritating but not dangerous' category. Like speeding. :shrug:

World's End Stella
11-21-2017, 05:06 PM
By your own admission you failed to indicate because you were in a foul mood. Your own rage led you to endanger your life and the lives of other motorists. That is road rage.

You are guilty.

There was no rage about it, merely indifference.

As for being guilty, so is anyone who breaks the speed limit. :shrug:

Peter
11-21-2017, 05:33 PM
There was no rage about it, merely indifference.

As for being guilty, so is anyone who breaks the speed limit. :shrug:

Foul mood+offence committed= road rage.

I dont make the rules :)