PDA

View Full Version : The glw is demanding *gulp* vegetarian food one night a week.

Sir C
11-21-2017, 11:09 AM
So far her suggestions include 'stir-fry' and, God help us, 'vegetable lasagne'. :-(

What the hell do I do now?

Burney
11-21-2017, 11:14 AM
So far her suggestions include 'stir-fry' and, God help us, 'vegetable lasagne'. :-(

Pasta is the only sane option*. This is quite a good standby when I have to indulge vegetarians.

https://goodfood.uktv.co.uk/recipe/leek-cannelloni-with-lemon-thyme-and-provolone-piccante/

* Actually, telling her to fück right off and that if she wants to eat that slop then she can cook it herself is the only sane option, but you're not going to do that, you uxorious fellow, you. ;-)

redgunamo
11-21-2017, 11:15 AM

Schweinehaxe :thumbup:

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 11:18 AM

It'll be joss sticks next Sir C
You seem to have broken her.I suspect the Captain Beefheart tipped her over the edge

Sir C
11-21-2017, 11:18 AM
Pasta is the only sane option*. This is quite a good standby when I have to indulge vegetarians.

https://goodfood.uktv.co.uk/recipe/leek-cannelloni-with-lemon-thyme-and-provolone-piccante/

* Actually, telling her to fück right off and that if she wants to eat that slop then she can cook it herself is the only sane option, but you're not going to do that, you uxorious fellow, you. ;-)

I'll give that a go, ty :-(

Burney
11-21-2017, 11:19 AM
Schweinehaxe :thumbup:

Mrs C is a remarkably perspicacious and observant person*, r. I'm not sure she's going to be easy to convince that Schweinhaxe is, in fact, vegetarian.

*For a bird

Sir C
11-21-2017, 11:20 AM
It'll be joss sticks next Sir C
You seem to have broken her.I suspect the Captain Beefheart tipped her over the edge

No drugs, no fags, no booze, now vegetarian food. What happened to my life?

Sir C
11-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Mrs C is a remarkably perspicacious and observant person*, r. I'm not sure she's going to be easy to convince that Schweinhaxe is, in fact, vegetarian.

*For a bird

I suppose I could give her the Kartoffelnsalat and the 'Kraut.

Burney
11-21-2017, 11:21 AM
I'll give that a go, ty :-(

Other options are things like meze or tapas, where you can do a mix of vegetable and meat dishes so people can pick and choose. She can eat falafel, while you munch away on delicious, cumin and garlic-infused lamb.

Why does she want to do this again? Is it health or tree-hugging?

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 11:22 AM

Come 2030 you'll be the mad cat man

redgunamo
11-21-2017, 11:23 AM

*For a bird

Yes, I see. My ain wife even thinks baked beans is not a vegetable :-(

Monty92
11-21-2017, 11:23 AM

If you're gonna go Veggie, I strongly recommend this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Every-Grain-Rice-Chinese-Cooking/dp/140880252X

You can pick up all the staple ingredients at the Chinese supermarket next to Bang Bang Oriental Food Court.

Did you chaps ever make it there? They now have a dedicated bar area...

Sir C
11-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Other options are things like meze or tapas, where you can do a mix of vegetable and meat dishes so people can pick and choose. She can eat falafel, while you munch away on delicious, cumin and garlic-infused lamb.

Why does she want to do this again? Is it health or tree-hugging?

Health. Health health health, always the health. I have to eat 6 enormous tablets before my dinner every day. One is extract of pomegranate for blood pressure. One is extract of some nonsense for prostate cancer. One is some stuff for joints or something.

Where will it end?

redgunamo
11-21-2017, 11:25 AM
Health. Health health health, always the health. I have to eat 6 enormous tablets before my dinner every day. One is extract of pomegranate for blood pressure. One is extract of some nonsense for prostate cancer. One is some stuff for joints or something.

Where will it end?

In the arms of sweet Death eventually. Best put your foot down now before it gets serious.

Burney
11-21-2017, 11:26 AM

You can pick up all the staple ingredients at the Chinese supermarket next to Bang Bang Oriental Food Court.

I'm sure it's terribly good, but I simply refuse to take someone called 'Fuchsia Dunlop' seriously, m.

Herbert Augustus Chapman

your winkie.

Sir C

Balls to going veggie.

What about jewfood? I could give her latkes, pickled cucumbers and chopped liver. Hold the chopped liver.

Mmm chopped liver, it's years since I had chopped liver.

Burney
11-21-2017, 11:27 AM

Where will it end?

Is she having a mid-life crisis, do you think? That one where you realise that you definitely are actually going to die and start going a bit mad with the health?

Sir C
11-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Is she having a mid-life crisis, do you think? That one where you realise that you definitely are actually going to die and start going a bit mad with the health?

Quite possibly. The trouble is I've already suffered through my mid-life crisis. Why must I suffer another?

Burney
11-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Quite possibly. The trouble is I've already suffered through my mid-life crisis. Why must I suffer another?

Because, old chap, I believe it was in the wedding vows. :shrug:

SWv2
11-21-2017, 11:40 AM
I like to eat vegetarian food a few times each week as lunch, work days you understand – falafel, chickpea curry, veg moussaka etc.

Generally I find it very tasty and filling, I presume it to be healthy and wholesome and without wanting to resort to lazy clichés it doesn’t have clean you out the next day, which is nice.

Pasta as has been suggested or a nice home made pizza. There are many very decent options.

Sir C
11-21-2017, 11:40 AM
I like to eat vegetarian food a few times each week as lunch, work days you understand – falafel, chickpea curry, veg moussaka etc.

Generally I find it very tasty and filling, I presume it to be healthy and wholesome and without wanting to resort to lazy clichés it doesn’t have clean you out the next day, which is nice.

Pasta as has been suggested or a nice home made pizza. There are many very decent options.

Sick, sick bástard.

You disgust me.

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 11:46 AM

I haven't had one single vegetable since last Christmas dinner.Which,obviously, is plenty

Burney
11-21-2017, 11:47 AM

My feeling about vegetarian food is that it's fine just as long as I'm not conscious of eating vegetarian food. So a lovely daal with chapatis or a nice pasta with basil and tomatoes is great. However, the minute I start to feel like I'm eating vegetarian food, sadness and ennui weigh upon my soul and I crave meat.

Burney
11-21-2017, 11:48 AM
I haven't had one single vegetable since last Christmas dinner.Which,obviously, is plenty

Remarkable, c. Presumably, Guinness keeps your bowels open?

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 11:49 AM

Indeed.Nature at work.

redgunamo
11-21-2017, 11:50 AM

Is Guinness not a vegetable either? :-(

Burney
11-21-2017, 11:56 AM

Clearly not. If it were, c wouldn't drink it, would he? QED

Luis Anaconda
11-21-2017, 12:17 PM

Baked potato and cheese - chips on the side optional

IUFG
11-21-2017, 12:22 PM

I believe a lot of brewers use isinglass as a processing aid.

Not sure about Guinness. That may piss on the chips of a few vegan/veggie beer drinkers..

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 12:23 PM

Not sure about Guinness. That may piss on the chips of a few vegan/veggie beer drinkers..

Isn't that something Saruman used?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez

Chips?

Of course, you could demand that the wife make Dosas for you?

IUFG
Isn't that something Saruman used?

eh?

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 12:25 PM
eh?

Isinglass.A product of Isengard imo.I think it melts Balrogs

Burney
11-21-2017, 12:26 PM

:nod: It's used as finings to clarify the brew. I used it just the other day for my weird rhubarb mixture.

Talking of which, I used a hydrometer the other day to test its specific gravity and it has a whopping alcohol content of about 3%. :-(

World's End Stella
11-21-2017, 12:28 PM

You know the upscale frozen food shop, Cook? They do a quite exceptional vegetable lasagna. I highly recommend it.

I also highly recommend you put an agreement into place with V with regard to how often this veggie thing can happen. Best to nip it in the bud, Charles.

IUFG
11-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Talking of which, I used a hydrometer the other day to test its specific gravity and it has a whopping alcohol content of about 3%. :-(

It will taste of nothing but piss, b.

A session beer, in other words

IUFG
11-21-2017, 12:31 PM
Isinglass.A product of Isengard imo.I think it melts Balrogs

sorry, c, you've lost me...

Burney
11-21-2017, 12:32 PM

It tastes of rhubarb and yeast at the moment. I'm hoping it will improve with age. :-\ Luckily, I've only made about a gallon of it.

Nonetheless, I'm not letting this put me off. I've purchased a cider press and am determined to make cider once I've necked all the rhubarb.

TheCurly
11-21-2017, 12:33 PM
sorry, c, you've lost me...

You're not the first, I
I wholly recommend you ignore me

SWv2
11-21-2017, 01:22 PM

I had some Beavertown Neck Oil recently. It was okay, but I was able to take solace from the fact that I looked cool.

Burney
11-21-2017, 01:29 PM
I had some Beavertown Neck Oil recently. It was okay, but I was able to take solace from the fact that I looked cool.

Would you like a litre of rhubarb drink?

SWv2
11-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Would you like a litre of rhubarb drink?

Would you like a broken nose?

Peter
11-21-2017, 01:47 PM

Curry, for ****s sake. Obvious innit....

Lentils, chickpeas, general vegetable stuff. Exactly what you would do on your travels through the veggie parts of India.

Embrace it, man up! Vegetable curries are excellent.

Vegetable lasagne is dog****.

Sir C
11-21-2017, 01:49 PM
Chips?

Of course, you could demand that the wife make Dosas for you?

:hehe: She's English, a. She doesn't do cooking.

Peter
11-21-2017, 01:49 PM

Guinness went vegan in April. That the tap in boozers. There may be a few of the non vegan cans dotted about here and there.

Sir C
11-21-2017, 01:50 PM
You know the upscale frozen food shop, Cook? They do a quite exceptional vegetable lasagna. I highly recommend it.

I also highly recommend you put an agreement into place with V with regard to how often this veggie thing can happen. Best to nip it in the bud, Charles.

Oh we have an agreement, wes. It's called 'marriage'. We are agreed that what will happen is what she says will happen. :shrug:

Sir C
11-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Curry, for ****s sake. Obvious innit....

Lentils, chickpeas, general vegetable stuff. Exactly what you would do on your travels through the veggie parts of India.

Embrace it, man up! Vegetable curries are excellent.

Vegetable lasagne is dog****.

In those places I live on dal makhani and rotis. They can push their vegetable curries up their holes.

Peter
11-21-2017, 01:54 PM
In those places I live on dal makhani and rotis. They can push their vegetable curries up their holes.

Dal Tarka for the lady. Job done.

Also, make it as hot as **** and she will soon give up this nonsense.

Burney
11-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Would you like a broken nose?

Your lack of adventurousness in this matter makes the baby Jesus (may he rest in peace) very sad, sw.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-21-2017, 03:04 PM
:hehe: She's English, a. She doesn't do cooking.

In that case, you're f*cked!