PDA

View Full Version : glw gone.

Sir C
11-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Steak sandwich, innit. :rubshands:

Burney
11-16-2017, 04:14 PM

I was going to do that, too. Have you tried it with a bit of mature cheddar? Very nice.

I shall have a nice few glasses of red with mine. You?

Sir C
11-16-2017, 04:17 PM
I was going to do that, too. Have you tried it with a bit of mature cheddar? Very nice.

I shall have a nice few glasses of red with mine. You?

Oh yes, I've taken to caramelising a heap of onions and then, just before plating, grating some cheese into the onions and giving it a good old mix up, so the cheese starts to melt in the onion heat.

I shall enjoy some delicious water with mine. At 9 o'clock I will allow myself a nice cup of Earl Grey, with a slice of lemon.

TheCurly
11-16-2017, 04:19 PM
Oh yes, I've taken to caramelising a heap of onions and then, just before plating, grating some cheese into the onions and giving it a good old mix up, so the cheese starts to melt in the onion heat.

I shall enjoy some delicious water with mine. At 9 o'clock I will allow myself a nice cup of Earl Grey, with a slice of lemon.

It's like Jesus died for nothing :-(

Sir C
11-16-2017, 04:19 PM

Actually, balls to that, a steak sandwich needs wine.

Wine it is.

Burney
11-16-2017, 04:21 PM

:-( You want to be careful taking a dangerous stimulant like tea that close to your bedtime! You’ll be up all night with your bladder. Maybe some warm milk?

On a slightly less depressing note, what bread do you use for your steak sandwich?

Burney
11-16-2017, 04:21 PM
It's like Jesus died for nothing :-(

I told you, didn’t I? He’s gone mental, c. :-(

TheCurly
11-16-2017, 04:23 PM
I told you, didn’t I? He’s gone mental, c. :-(

Dozens of spinning graves reported in Munster :-(

Sir C
11-16-2017, 04:23 PM
:-( You want to be careful taking a dangerous stimulant like tea that close to your bedtime! You’ll be up all night with your bladder. Maybe some warm milk?

On a slightly less depressing note, what bread do you use for your steak sandwich?

See above re: wine.

I'm actually a fan of the Tesco half baguette. The doughy centre can be ripped out and discarded, leaving a pleasingly crisp carapace for the steak and onion and cheese mixture.

Tonight I'm going to experiment with a rump steak, battered for tenderising.

Burney
11-16-2017, 04:27 PM
See above re: wine.

I'm actually a fan of the Tesco half baguette. The doughy centre can be ripped out and discarded, leaving a pleasingly crisp carapace for the steak and onion and cheese mixture.

Tonight I'm going to experiment with a rump steak, battered for tenderising.

Generally, I prefer rump or sirloin for a sandwich. I’ve never had to batter it.

I use the part-baked ciabatta jobs from Tesco. Soft enough not to be tiresome, but generally strong enough to hold together.

Sir C
11-16-2017, 04:29 PM
Generally, I prefer rump or sirloin for a sandwich. I’ve never had to batter it.

I use the part-baked ciabatta jobs from Tesco. Soft enough not to be tiresome, but generally strong enough to hold together.

I'd usually use rib-eye or sirloin fearing, as I do, the reputed toughness of rump. That's why I will bash it.

eastgermanautos
11-17-2017, 03:58 AM

Caramelise this, b!tch!

:hide:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-17-2017, 08:41 AM

For God's sake c, at first glance I thought you were announcing that your long suffering wife had kept that most ghastly appointment no mortal can avoid.

I'll bet you'll be having one enormous great existential wánk eh?