PDA

View Full Version : I reached the end of the Civil. War documentary. THe Confederacy lost. I knew it!

Peter
11-15-2017, 11:12 AM
Incredibly sad.

Leaving aside the whole slavery/KKK/despicable racism at the very root of its society and economy, you have to sympathise with the South. The accents are fantastic, the names are cooler, the beards are better.

The union can go **** itself. Sherman was a **** and Grant a boring *******. Bobby Lee, on the other hand, was a proper ****ing dude.

Hurrah for Dixie! (Aside from the slavery bit)

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 11:14 AM
Incredibly sad.

Leaving aside the whole slavery/KKK/despicable racism at the very root of its society and economy, you have to sympathise with the South. The accents are fantastic, the names are cooler, the beards are better.

The union can go **** itself. Sherman was a **** and Grant a boring *******. Bobby Lee, on the other hand, was a proper ****ing dude.

Stax over Motown innit

Peter
11-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Stax over Motown innit

Both ****e.

I will stick Van Morrison, thank you very much.

Ash
11-15-2017, 11:21 AM
Incredibly sad.

Which Channel? Can I download it through the Sky box catchup?

Peter
11-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Which Channel? Can I download it through the Sky box catchup?

I watched it on Netflix. Its pretty old, was made in 1990. Its the Ken Burns one.

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 11:27 AM
Both ****e.

I will stick Van Morrison, thank you very much.

Good God man.You're sick and I suggest you attend A&E posthaste

Peter
11-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Good God man.You're sick and I suggest you attend A&E posthaste

I am a little bit racist (unintentionally) when it comes to music. Virtually everything I like is by a white man. I cant help it.

I dont even like Hendrix.

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 11:32 AM
I am a little bit racist (unintentionally) when it comes to music. Virtually everything I like is by a white man. I cant help it.

I suspect you have no soul P and alas are damned to burn for eternity.Hard lines.

Peter
11-15-2017, 11:35 AM
I suspect you have no soul P and alas are damned to burn for eternity.Hard lines.

I hate soul music, if that is what you mean. Its ****. If that is having a soul I will happily burn in hell with some decent tunes.

Sir C
11-15-2017, 11:38 AM

You know that the official Best Pop Song Of All Time is The Ronettes 'Be My Baby', don't you?

That's science, mate.

Ash
11-15-2017, 11:40 AM
You know that the official Best Pop Song Of All Time is The Ronettes 'Be My Baby', don't you?

That's science, mate.

:hehe: It's definitely up there. :nod:

Peter
11-15-2017, 11:41 AM

That's science, mate.

Not the best example as it was written and produced by three white people.

You are soooo racist.

Sir C
11-15-2017, 11:42 AM
:hehe: It's definitely up there. :nod:

I saw it on a documentary, a. Someone said it. He said, "The best pop song of all time is The Ronettes 'Be My Baby'." Now, I can't remember who he was, but he was on a documentary so you can't argue with that.

He's probably right inasmuch as 'the best' of something subjective can be defined, as well.

Burney
11-15-2017, 11:44 AM
Incredibly sad.

I suppose it's like our Civil War as described by 1066 And All That, whereby the Cavaliers were wrong but romantic, while the Roundheads were right but repulsive.

Same goes for the Confederacy and the Union.

Also, the Outlaw Jesse Wales was Confederate, so that'll do for me.

Burney
11-15-2017, 11:45 AM
I saw it on a documentary, a. Someone said it. He said, "The best pop song of all time is The Ronettes 'Be My Baby'." Now, I can't remember who he was, but he was on a documentary so you can't argue with that.

He's probably right inasmuch as 'the best' of something subjective can be defined, as well.

Sorry, but Phil Spector's history of abusing and in fact murdering women means that all his work must now be stricken from the record. If you like his stuff, you're basically saying you hate women and want to kill them.

I don't make the rules. :shrug:

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 11:45 AM

It was Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys whatsaidit

Sir C
11-15-2017, 11:46 AM

Hang on, it was Brian Wilson who said it. And he'd know.

Sir C
11-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Sorry, but Phil Spector's history of abusing and in fact murdering women means that all his work must now be stricken from the record. If you like his stuff, you're basically saying you hate women and want to kill them.

Yes... but that wall of sound... :cloud9:

Burney
11-15-2017, 11:49 AM
It was Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys whatsaidit

Well I don't think we needed him to say out loud that he loved Spector's production, given that his entire career pretty much represented what might charitably be called an homage to old Phil.

In other words, he ripped him off something rotten.

Burney
11-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Yes... but that wall of sound... :cloud9:

Didn't exist, mate. Never happened. And if you say it did, I'll set Twitter on you.

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 11:55 AM
Well I don't think we needed him to say out loud that he loved Spector's production, given that his entire career pretty much represented what might charitably be called an homage to old Phil.

In other words, he ripped him off something rotten.

He ruined Let It Be that mad bástard

Viva Prat Vegas
11-15-2017, 11:59 AM
:music: Everybody had a wet dream :music:

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 12:03 PM

And anyway.You can't NOT like Motown.There's like a million songs.I think Peter just a big lion bastárd

Peter
11-15-2017, 12:08 PM
And anyway.You can't NOT like Motown.There's like a million songs.I think Peter just a big lion bastárd

I dont like the whole thing. I doubt I like any of the individual records but it is possible.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Whats going on Peter ?

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 12:13 PM
I dont like the whole thing. I doubt I like any of the individual records but it is possible.

You don't move your hips and have a grope at the missus when your hear Let's Get It On?
You can't see the alleyway when Dorothy Moore sings Dark End Of The Street?
You don't tap your foot when you hear You Can't Hurry Love?
You don't hear violins when Smokey sings?*

* I can only apologise

SWv2
11-15-2017, 12:17 PM
You don't move your hips and have a grope at the missus when your hear Let's Get It On?

* I can only apologise

Oh I say, well done C :hehe:

Burney
11-15-2017, 12:27 PM
Oh I say, well done C :hehe:

Meh. It was as easy as ABC.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-15-2017, 12:30 PM
I hate Twiddly Diddly Dee with a passion
:fume:

I will play it on my 1988 Les Paul

barrybueno
11-15-2017, 12:50 PM
Incredibly sad.

The South Park version was betterer imo.

Peter
11-15-2017, 01:13 PM

* I can only apologise

Nope. All ****ing terrible as far as I am concerned. You Cant Hurry Love is just Phil Collins to me.

I am sticking with Van Morrison and I am happy with it. Cheers!

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 01:15 PM
Nope. All ****ing terrible as far as I am concerned. You Cant Hurry Love is just Phil Collins to me.

I am sticking with Van Morrison and I am happy with it. Cheers!

Good man,that's the ticket.

Sir C
Meh. It was as easy as ABC.

That's a bit lamé.

Luis Anaconda
Good man,that's the ticket.

He's going to hell. You know that, don't you

Luis Anaconda
11-15-2017, 01:18 PM
I suppose it's like our Civil War as described by 1066 And All That, whereby the Cavaliers were wrong but romantic, while the Roundheads were right but repulsive.

Same goes for the Confederacy and the Union.

Also, the Outlaw Jesse Wales was Confederate, so that'll do for me.

And the Dukes of Hazzard

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 01:20 PM
He's going to hell. You know that, don't you

Of course,One can only show someone the light and they can either embrace it or be fúcked by a 7 donged devil for evermore

Burney
11-15-2017, 01:21 PM
And the Dukes of Hazzard

I would definitely have seceded for Daisy Duke in her prime. :love:

Burney
11-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Of course,One can only show someone the light and they can either embrace it or be fúcked by a 7 donged devil for evermore

Look, don’t hold it against p. He can’t help the fact that he just hates the blacks, can he?

Sir C
11-15-2017, 01:25 PM
Look, don’t hold it against p. He can’t help the fact that he just hates the blacks, can he?

He's worse than that. He claims to be a Bruce fan, then he goes to a gig and ... *gulp* criticises it. :-(

To put that into context, the only people I have ever heard criticise a Bruce Springsteen show are peter and Ian Harvey.

The prosecution rests.

Peter
11-15-2017, 01:30 PM
He's worse than that. He claims to be a Bruce fan, then he goes to a gig and ... *gulp* criticises it. :-(

To put that into context, the only people I have ever heard criticise a Bruce Springsteen show are peter and Ian Harvey.

The prosecution rests.

Sometimes he ****ing sucks.... it isn't my fault.

He likes to mix it up and never do the same gig twice. That means some of the gigs feature almost exclusively his ****test songs. I respect that, I just dont particularly enjoy it.

He is one of those artists that makes you suffer for his art. Anyone who has to stand there and listen to a ten minute version of Twist and Shout is suffering, even if they refuse to believe it.

You and your ilk are so blinded by faith that he cant fart without you going online to try and find a bootleg of it.

I wont take the blame for your inability to distinguish between negativity and critical thought.

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 01:31 PM

I don't think he realises Van Morrison is basically a black man in all but skin colour

Peter
11-15-2017, 01:31 PM

And women. I dont like any music made by women.

I cant think of any gays either.

Peter
11-15-2017, 01:32 PM
I don't think he realises Van Morrison is basically a black man in all but skin colour

Yeah but he is good.

Luis Anaconda
11-15-2017, 01:33 PM

Like C Thomas Howell?

Peter
11-15-2017, 01:34 PM
Like C Thomas Howell?

And Tom jones apparently, according to some nutter on a Louis THeroux episode.

When you look at Tom it doesnt appear that ridiculous.....

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 01:34 PM
Yeah but he is good.

Preaching to the converted mate.Seen the auld bastárd in concert 20-30 times

Peter
11-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Preaching to the converted mate.Seen the auld bastárd in concert 20-30 times

when he sings that stuff it sounds convincing. Probably just because I love the fact that you can hear just hear the accent in there a lot of the time.

I love Rod Stewart's voice but he has sung some god awful ****e over the years. I will still give it a go.

Sir C
11-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Sometimes he ****ing sucks.... it isn't my fault.

He likes to mix it up and never do the same gig twice. That means some of the gigs feature almost exclusively his ****test songs. I respect that, I just dont particularly enjoy it.

He is one of those artists that makes you suffer for his art. Anyone who has to stand there and listen to a ten minute version of Twist and Shout is suffering, even if they refuse to believe it.

You and your ilk are so blinded by faith that he cant fart without you going online to try and find a bootleg of it.

I wont take the blame for your inability to distinguish between negativity and critical thought.

You need help. Urgent help. If no help is available, at least ask to be physically restrained before you harm yourself or innocent members of the public. I will try to arrange an exorcism, though God knows what variety of hellish demon will be puked from the remnants of your blackened soul. :-(

Peter
11-15-2017, 01:41 PM
You need help. Urgent help. If no help is available, at least ask to be physically restrained before you harm yourself or innocent members of the public. I will try to arrange an exorcism, though God knows what variety of hellish demon will be puked from the remnants of your blackened soul. :-(

You have honestly never stood there, 8 minutes into Twist and Shout, or Detroit Medley, or that ****ING Lulu bull****, and thought 'he could have done Used Cars AND My Father's House in the time he was wasted on this'........??

Then you need help. Great can always be better.

Would it kill the ****ing **** to do Racing in the Street more than once ever 100 ****ing gigs?????

Now I need to have a lie down....

Burney
11-15-2017, 01:45 PM

He’s a fùcking miserable black man.

Sir C
11-15-2017, 01:47 PM
You have honestly never stood there, 8 minutes into Twist and Shout, or Detroit Medley, or that ****ING Lulu bull****, and thought 'he could have done Used Cars AND My Father's House in the time he was wasted on this'........??

Then you need help. Great can always be better.

Would it kill the ****ing **** to do Racing in the Street more than once ever 100 ****ing gigs?????

Now I need to have a lie down....

Yes, you need a lie down my son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSxuXQCEC7M

Burney
11-15-2017, 01:47 PM

The prosecution rests.

To be fair, I’d probably criticise it, too.

Mind you, I’d never dream of going in the first place.

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 01:48 PM
He’s a fùcking miserable black man.

I was in and around his company when he vomited red wine all over Ronnie Wood's WHITE suede jacket.I can tell you a rolling stone gathered some morrison that night

Sir C
11-15-2017, 01:48 PM
That's a bit lamé.

I said, 'That's a bit lamé.' Perhaps you didn't notice the first time?

Sir C
11-15-2017, 01:50 PM

Yes, but that's because you have no soul and don't recognise or appreciate beautiful art, not because you're possessed by evil.

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 01:50 PM

We were sort of hoping it was like Phil Spector and it didn't happen tbh

Burney
11-15-2017, 01:51 PM

I did, but felt that my multi-layeredABC effort got too little love, so wasn’t prepared to give any out.

Peter
11-15-2017, 02:07 PM

One of the reasons fans keep going back to see him live again and again is that the first ten times you are very unlikely to hear any of the good songs. I got lucky on one tour where he did full album shows otherwise I would be 7 gigs in and still waiting to hear, arguably, any of his ten greatest songs.

But you cant say anything to see these people. Even the merest suggestion of making a change or two is seen as blasphemy.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-15-2017, 02:09 PM
I see Peter as the anti-Jorge of this board

Sir C
11-15-2017, 02:09 PM
one of the reasons fans keep going back to see him live again and again is that the first ten times you are very unlikely to hear any of the good songs. I got lucky on one tour where he did full album shows otherwise i would be 7 gigs in and still waiting to hear, arguably, any of his ten greatest songs.

But you cant say anything to see these people. Even the merest suggestion of making a change or two is seen as blasphemy.

the power of christ compels you! Out foul demon of hell! Out i say!

Sir C
11-15-2017, 02:12 PM
I see Peter as the anti-Jorge of this board

Remember The Dane's wise words: "The spirit that I have seen / May be the devil, and the devil hath power / T' assume a pleasing shape;"

Ash
11-15-2017, 02:16 PM
Remember The Dane's wise words: "The spirit that I have seen / May be the devil, and the devil hath power / T' assume a pleasing shape;"

Headgear said that?

Burney
11-15-2017, 02:17 PM

Also, are you saying you find p’s shape pleasing?

TheCurly
Headgear said that?

I think it was John Jensen

Sir C
Headgear said that?

'Wise', a, I said, 'wise'.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-15-2017, 02:19 PM
I think C is referring to Dane Bowers

Sir C
11-15-2017, 02:22 PM
Also, are you saying you find p’s shape pleasing?

No, viva was suggesting that he was the opposite to jorge, by which I assumed he meant pleasing.

SWv2
11-15-2017, 02:23 PM

Oh yes, "Danes".

A subtle dig but I have noted it.

Burney
11-15-2017, 02:27 PM
No, viva was suggesting that he was the opposite to jorge, by which I assumed he meant pleasing.

There’s no need to be all defensive about it. There’s nothing wrong with it. You lot can even get married now these days, I believe. To each other.

Peter
11-15-2017, 02:29 PM
There’s no need to be all defensive about it. There’s nothing wrong with it. You lot can even get married now these days, I believe. To each other.

Why is everyone having a go at Jorge again?

I dont know what the matter is with you lot. Cant we all just get along?

Sir C
11-15-2017, 02:40 PM
Why is everyone having a go at Jorge again?

I dont know what the matter is with you lot. Cant we all just get along?

I'm having a go at no one, but I stand by my point.

Luis Anaconda
11-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Oh yes, "Danes".

A subtle dig but I have noted it.

SuperNik did have the last word though - we're stuffing them on Saturday, s

SWv2
11-15-2017, 02:58 PM
SuperNik did have the last word though - we're stuffing them on Saturday, s

Highlight of the night, no point in denying it.

Back to the real thing now, fúck Eriksen and his team mates of both international and domestic origin.

Revenge shall be sweet and I shall claim it for Ireland and all its people.

Peter
11-15-2017, 03:00 PM
I'm having a go at no one, but I stand by my point.

What was the point again?

Sir C
11-15-2017, 03:02 PM
What was the point again?

If a chap wanders around espousing the joys and benefits of Nazism, he is quite rightly shunned by society and treated as potentially dangerous. Chaps like jorge who openly glorify an even more evil ideology, that of socialism, are given a free pass.

Go figure. :shrug:

Ash
11-15-2017, 03:03 PM

Back to the real thing now, fúck Eriksen and his team mates of both international and domestic origin.

Sorry but I did get some guilty pleasure from Eriksen's first. The fawning over your lot in our media when you go to a world cup is a bit sickening. Not your fault, of course, but I wanted Denmark to win.

SWv2
11-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Sorry but I did get some guilty pleasure from Eriksen's first. The fawning over your lot in our media when you go to a world cup is a bit sickening. Not your fault, of course, but I wanted Denmark to win.

I too enjoyed his first goal, thought it was a superb bit of play by the Danes taking advantage of an error by Ward, the finish itself from Eriksen a thing of simple brilliance. In off the bar, oof.

I also enjoyed his 2nd and 3rd, you see I don’t really “support” any international side, I can enjoy the moment and “craic” which follows from our involvement in a major tournament but I have derived so little enjoyment from the tenure and football of Martin O’Neill.

However, your rabid anti-Irish stance here has been noted and indeed listed along with the others.

Yes, listed.

Peter
11-15-2017, 04:29 PM
I too enjoyed his first goal, thought it was a superb bit of play by the Danes taking advantage of an error by Ward, the finish itself from Eriksen a thing of simple brilliance. In off the bar, oof.

I also enjoyed his 2nd and 3rd, you see I don’t really “support” any international side, I can enjoy the moment and “craic” which follows from our involvement in a major tournament but I have derived so little enjoyment from the tenure and football of Martin O’Neill.

However, your rabid anti-Irish stance here has been noted and indeed listed along with the others.

Yes, listed.

His first and second were both cracking finishes and one with each foot. Pretty impressive.

I wanted the Irish to win, of course.

SWv2
11-15-2017, 04:32 PM
His first and second were both cracking finishes and one with each foot. Pretty impressive.

I wanted the Irish to win, of course.

Go raibh maith agat a Pheadar

Burney
11-15-2017, 04:34 PM

Bad business, sw. Can’t be long before someone calls for Jack Charlton’s head at this rate, I’d have thought.

Peter
11-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Go raibh maith agat a Pheadar

No problem, dude :D

World's End Stella
11-15-2017, 04:48 PM
I hate soul music, if that is what you mean. Its ****. If that is having a soul I will happily burn in hell with some decent tunes.

No Otis Redding? Jackie Wilson? Marvin, Ray or Sam?

Good lord. I pity you, Peter, I really do. My 60s soul playlist on Spotify is about 70 songs long. And I never tire of it. :cloud9:

Burney
11-15-2017, 04:54 PM
No problem, dude :D

Whenever someone types Irish on here, my immediate reaction is to think they’ve had a stroke.

Peter
11-15-2017, 05:03 PM
No Otis Redding? Jackie Wilson? Marvin, Ray or Sam?

Good lord. I pity you, Peter, I really do. My 60s soul playlist on Spotify is about 70 songs long. And I never tire of it. :cloud9:

Horses for courses. To me it is predictable, middle of the road ****. Nothing to write home about at all.

Peter
11-15-2017, 05:03 PM
Whenever someone types Irish on here, my immediate reaction is to think they’ve had a stroke.

And you being Irish an all.....

Sir C
11-15-2017, 05:05 PM
horses for courses. To me it is predictable, middle of the road ****. Nothing to write home about at all.

could someone please cover sam cooke's ears?

Burney
11-15-2017, 07:46 PM

Pretty sure somebody did that in 1965 with about six feet of soil.

barrybueno
11-15-2017, 08:47 PM

Ignore him C, he don't know much about history...