PDA

View Full Version : I have to be honest, this made me laugh.

Burney
11-15-2017, 10:34 AM
Besides, their sausage rolls are bloody good.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/15660326.Greggs_launches_Advent_calendar___replace s_baby_Jesus_with_sausage_roll/?ref=twtrec

Pat Vegas
11-15-2017, 10:38 AM

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/15660326.Greggs_launches_Advent_calendar___replace s_baby_Jesus_with_sausage_roll/?ref=twtrec

I thought Greggs would be a place that I wouldn't like.
But I have to say it's tremendous value and not bad at all.

I still miss benjys though.

Ash
11-15-2017, 10:46 AM
I thought Greggs would be a place that I wouldn't like.
But I have to say it's tremendous value and not bad at all.

I still miss benjys though.

Do you have any good Polski Skleps near you, Pat? Some of them have interesting selections of cold meats. I popped into one in Edgware on my way back from watching Barnet on Saturday and came out with some tasty sausage.

TheCurly
11-15-2017, 10:47 AM

That is tremendously blasphemous.Well done all involved

Sir C
11-15-2017, 10:47 AM
Do you have any good Polski Skleps near you, Pat? Some of them have interesting selections of cold meats. I popped into one in Edgware on my way back from watching Barnet on Saturday and came out with some tasty sausage.

I've always wanted to go into that one on the Balls Pond Road called Smak, to ask if they have any smak.

Pat Vegas
11-15-2017, 11:00 AM

No where I used to live there was one.
There is a TFC which is nice* they have different stuff from around the world.
If you go a bit further up to Winchmore Hill it must have been an Italian area at some point there is an old fashioned Italian cake and ice cream shop. and around the corner an old school Italian deli.

I am not sure the Italian connection to the area I can't find any info.

*Different

Peter
11-15-2017, 11:09 AM
If you go a bit further up to Winchmore Hill it must have been an Italian area at some point there is an old fashioned Italian cake and ice cream shop. and around the corner an old school Italian deli.

*Different

Oh, that deli is fantastic. THe cannolis are heavenly. I used to live just over the road from it.

Ash
11-15-2017, 11:11 AM
I've always wanted to go into that one on the Balls Pond Road called Smak, to ask if they have any smak.

I might Czech that one out. :thumbup:

Peter
11-15-2017, 11:14 AM

I go in for the beers. Zywiec, Warka, even Lech if desperate. Not entirely convinced by the meats.

Ash
11-15-2017, 11:17 AM

*Different

I went to Winchmore Hill when doing the walk all the way down Green Lanes. It was an old drovers road going through all the greens (Palmers Green, Duckets Green, Wood Green etc) where the animals would be able to have their final few meals on their way into town.

Ash
11-15-2017, 11:18 AM
I go in for the beers. Zywiec, Warka, even Lech if desperate. Not entirely convinced by the meats.

Yep, I drink those too. Haven't decided* which ones I prefer yet.

*Can't remember.

Peter
11-15-2017, 11:21 AM
Yep, I drink those too. Haven't decided* which ones I prefer yet.

*Can't remember.

I drank them all draft in Poland and there the Zywiec was definitely my favourite. In cans and bottles here I am not so sure.

The only one the supermarkets out here have is Tyskie which is not great. It appears to be the Fosters of Polish beer.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-15-2017, 11:41 AM
I drank them all draft in Poland and there the Zywiec was definitely my favourite. In cans and bottles here I am not so sure.

The only one the supermarkets out here have is Tyskie which is not great. It appears to be the Fosters of Polish beer.

drinking it.

Peter
11-15-2017, 11:42 AM
drinking it.

It isn't bad, it is just definitely not as nice as the other ones.

SWv2
11-15-2017, 11:46 AM
I went to Winchmore Hill when doing the walk all the way down Green Lanes. It was an old drovers road going through all the greens (Palmers Green, Duckets Green, Wood Green etc) where the animals would be able to have their final few meals on their way into town.

Jesus fúcking Christ A.

Whole way to Newington Green was it?

Ash
11-15-2017, 12:01 PM
Jesus fúcking Christ A.

Whole way to Newington Green was it?

Yep, then walked home from there. That was the time I had a wee in that Supermarket you built. We've walked all of the ancient roads out of/into London now. Old Kent Road to Kent. Uxbridge Road to Uxbridge. Edgware Road to Edgware etc.

SWv2
11-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Yep, then walked home from there. That was the time I had a wee in that Supermarket you built. We've walked all of the ancient roads out of/into London now. Old Kent Road to Kent. Uxbridge Road to Uxbridge. Edgware Road to Edgware etc.

I used to struggle with the walk from my flat on Grand Parade to the Queens Head pub.

Thankfully the old 29 bus was hop-on hop-off.

*FREE TRAVEL*