PDA

View Full Version : Gnocchi and chips for lunch.....

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-14-2017, 12:20 PM
What were you thinking?

Pat Vegas
11-14-2017, 12:20 PM
What were you thinking?

Potatoes twice?

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:25 PM
What were you thinking?

This is fine work. Triple carbing. Not as good as Lasagne and chips, though.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-14-2017, 12:26 PM
Potatoes twice?

Three members of my team come back with lunch. All three had Gnocchi and chips. I pointed out the irony, they did not believe me.....

Pat Vegas
11-14-2017, 12:27 PM
This is fine work. Triple carbing. Not as good as Lasagne and chips, though.

I quite like chips on pizza.
Something I've only seen in Italy which shocked me at first as I thought they were all a bit obsessed with maintaining certain food standards.

Pat Vegas
11-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Three members of my team come back with lunch. All three had Gnocchi and chips. I pointed out the irony, they did not believe me.....

I would like to try this.

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:29 PM

It's not really irony, though, is it? It's just more than one potato-based product in the same meal.

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:30 PM
I quite like chips on pizza.
Something I've only seen in Italy which shocked me at first as I thought they were all a bit obsessed with maintaining certain food standards.

I've always wondered at people who order chips with a kebab. How can anyone, having consumed a doner, still feel the need for chips as well?

IUFG
11-14-2017, 12:32 PM
I've always wondered at people who order chips with a kebab. How can anyone, having consumed a doner, still feel the need for chips as well?

shirley this is what doner meat and chips was invented for.

full doner kebab AND chips is simply madness.

Luis Anaconda
11-14-2017, 12:34 PM
It's not really irony, though, is it? It's just more than one potato-based product in the same meal.
Maybe Irishony?

Pat Vegas
11-14-2017, 12:35 PM

I do that :-(
I can't manage to eat them like I used to though.

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:35 PM
shirley this is what doner meat and chips was invented for.

full doner kebab AND chips is simply madness.

For me, though, the whole sandwich nature of the doner is essential. Eating a doner should essentially be a race between your appetite and the structural integrity of the increasingly grease-soaked pitta bread.
I went to a respectable Turkish restaurant that made their own doners and, while the meat was much nicer than your average kebab shop, a pile of it on a plate with rice and pickles and whatnot just isn't as satisfying because it's not a sandwich.

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Maybe Irishony?

'Eire-ony'?

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:38 PM
I do that :-(
I can't manage to eat them like I used to though.

Do you eat the chips beforehand, during or after?

Generally, when I've finished a doner, I'm usually is such a state of shame and remorse that I'm pretty much ready to swear off eating altogether.

Luis Anaconda
'Eire-ony'?

:clap: Even better

IUFG
For me, though, the whole sandwich nature of the doner is essential. Eating a doner should essentially be a race between your appetite and the structural integrity of the increasingly grease-soaked pitta bread.
I went to a respectable Turkish restaurant that made their own doners and, while the meat was much nicer than your average kebab shop, a pile of it on a plate with rice and pickles and whatnot just isn't as satisfying because it's not a sandwich.

You could have asked for a loaf of sliced white...

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:39 PM

They brought me some of that Turkish bread with sesame seeds on. It was better, but still wasn't the same. :-(

SWv2
11-14-2017, 12:41 PM
'Eire-ony'?

An establishment close to me at home does potatoes on a pizza.

Derek’s €13.50
Baby Potatoes,Bacon,Garlic, Rosemary, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella (1,2)

:cloud9:

It is also quite “normal” for people here to add potatoes to their custom built lunchtime sandwich e.g. ham, cheese, potato salad.

Now when I say normal I clearly mean hugely deviant fúckers probably working in HR or the likes.

Pat Vegas
11-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Do you eat the chips beforehand, during or after?

Generally, when I've finished a doner, I'm usually is such a state of shame and remorse that I'm pretty much ready to swear off eating altogether.

It's usually mix, I only put a few now. as if one eats all the chips then you might be full for the kebab.
If you want to go crazy fill the bread up with chips and kebab meat.

I still think kebabs have changed over years. I can't find the right ones, even the sauces are different.

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:44 PM
An establishment close to me at home does potatoes on a pizza.

Derek’s €13.50
Baby Potatoes,Bacon,Garlic, Rosemary, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella (1,2)

:cloud9:

It is also quite “normal” for people here to add potatoes to their custom built lunchtime sandwich e.g. ham, cheese, potato salad.

Now when I say normal I clearly mean hugely deviant fúckers probably working in HR or the likes.

That actually sounds pretty good. If you swapped the mozzarella for reblochon and took out the tomato sauce and put in some sliced onions, you'd basically have a tartiflette pizza.

Good lord. A tartiflette pizza. :cloud9:

SWv2
11-14-2017, 12:44 PM

“Do you have any wheaten bread?”

Quote: The Irish man in the queue in front of us at the breakfast buffet in whatever hotel in Mexico we were in, mid 90s.

I was so overcome with a sense of national pride I am surprised a mass sing along of A Nation Once Again did not immediately ensue.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-14-2017, 12:45 PM

ah, yes..... technically, you would be correct but if you knew these chaps you might see it differently. You see, they consider themselves part of the gastronomic intelligentsia so, when I pointed out the detail, it didn't really register with any of them.

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:46 PM
That actually sounds pretty good. If you swapped the mozzarella for reblochon and took out the tomato sauce and put in some sliced onions, you'd basically have a tartiflette pizza.

Good lord. A tartiflette pizza. :cloud9:

Someone's already come up with it.

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:47 PM
ah, yes..... technically, you would be correct but if you knew these chaps you might see it differently. You see, they consider themselves part of the gastronomic intelligentsia so, when I pointed out the detail, it didn't really register with any of them.

Ah, right. Now we're getting a wee bit ironic alright.

SWv2
11-14-2017, 12:47 PM
Someone's already come up with it.

Same establishment:

Superfood €13.50

Baby Spinach, Sweet Potato, Roast Mixed Nuts, Goats Cheese, Mozzarella (1,2,4,10)

:-|

IUFG
11-14-2017, 12:59 PM

:fishing:

:vsign:

SWv2
11-14-2017, 01:02 PM
:fishing:

:vsign:

Charming.

eastgermanautos
11-14-2017, 03:04 PM
What were you thinking?

Way too many carbs, you fat basterd.

:-)