11-14-2017, 09:41 AM
2 new contenders on the block.

1988 Les Paul standard.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjgzWDEwMjQ=/z/ZckAAOSwoR9aAwmi/$_86.JPG

1990 Les Paul Standard
https://image.ibb.co/meJMDG/IMG_3211.jpg

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-14-2017, 11:01 AM
I would consider the '90 the more handsome of the two instruments Fash.

I did mean to mention this before. Are you completely au-fait with the investigations one must undertake to avoid a counterfeit? There are many around and some have been crafted to a high standard.

Pat Vegas
11-14-2017, 11:10 AM
I would consider the '90 the more handsome of the two instruments Fash.

I did mean to mention this before. Are you completely au-fait with the investigations one must undertake to avoid a counterfeit? There are many around and some have been crafted to a high standard.

:nod:
there are always a few tell tale signs from the obvious ones, the recent Chinese copies. the bridges are usually metric, though they can be converted, the truss rod is the wrong type, even the body shape can be off, the tuners are an odd colour.
Though Slash's famous Les Paul wasn't a gibson.

EDIT the 2nd one is a 2000. :-( still a decent year though.

What I could do if I went for the 88 one is sell the chainsaw case and get £150 for that alone.
But I do like the 90. seen a few more I got my eye on.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-14-2017, 11:17 AM
:nod:
there are always a few tell tale signs from the obvious ones, the recent Chinese copies. the bridges are usually metric, though they can be converted, the truss rod is the wrong type, even the body shape can be off, the tuners are an odd colour.
Though Slash's famous Les Paul wasn't a gibson.

EDIT the 2nd one is a 2000. :-( still a decent year though.

What I could do if I went for the 88 one is sell the chainsaw case and get £150 for that alone.
But I do like the 90. seen a few more I got my eye on.

. . . . . .

Pat Vegas
11-14-2017, 11:26 AM
. . . . . .

:-)
I'm downsizing, keeping just 3 electrics, my junior, telecaster and whatever Les Paul I will buy.