PDA

View Full Version : Mamma Mia Italy gone

barrybueno
11-13-2017, 09:42 PM
As much as I can't stand the melodramatic greasy ****z it will be weird not seeing them there...

Tony C
11-13-2017, 09:46 PM
Sweden tough as teak

barrybueno
11-13-2017, 09:48 PM
Sweden tough as teak

Italy ran out of ikeas at the end

bbrian
11-13-2017, 10:24 PM
Italy ran out of ikeas at the end

Fans all off to Ikea to buy new armchairs as we speak baz...might be easier to assemble than their back four

:-|

SWv2
11-14-2017, 09:20 AM
To be fair it's all about Ireland tonight.

#COYBIG

Luis Anaconda
11-14-2017, 09:33 AM
To be fair it's all about Ireland tonight.

#COYBIG

Should be as thrilling as Saturday. Can hardly wait. Some performance in the rugby though

SWv2
11-14-2017, 09:42 AM
Should be as thrilling as Saturday. Can hardly wait. Some performance in the rugby though

One extreme to the other really.

The football was shockingly poor, both teams really though to their credit Denmark made a marginal effort to win the game. I thought the approach from MON was appalling but if they scratch a 1-0 later all will be forgiven as we drink heavily and dance in the streets etc.

Now, one goal from Lord Bendtner and we are fúcked.

Luis Anaconda
11-14-2017, 09:49 AM
One extreme to the other really.

The football was shockingly poor, both teams really though to their credit Denmark made a marginal effort to win the game. I thought the approach from MON was appalling but if they scratch a 1-0 later all will be forgiven as we drink heavily and dance in the streets etc.

Now, one goal from Lord Bendtner and we are fúcked.

I can see it now - a towering header and a move back to his spiritual home at the Emirates in January

SWv2
11-14-2017, 09:56 AM
I can see it now - a towering header and a move back to his spiritual home at the Emirates in January

Apropos to the week ahead I will always love him for that moment.

Burney
11-14-2017, 09:57 AM
As much as I can't stand the melodramatic greasy ****z it will be weird not seeing them there...

Good. Italy invariably stink up any tournament with which they are involved with their negative, cynical and invariably dreary toss.

Pat Vegas
11-14-2017, 09:59 AM
fun times in the Pat Vegas household.

che cazzo

Luis Anaconda
11-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Apropos to the week ahead I will always love him for that moment.

Me too - possibly my favourite NLD goal ever

Sir C
11-14-2017, 10:04 AM

What's this nonsense now la? Have you forgotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u--2vzQP6KQ

SWv2
11-14-2017, 10:05 AM

Pre-Sky. Does not count Grandad.

Duh!

Burney
11-14-2017, 10:11 AM

I was there for that one. He appeared to climb to an altitude of roughly 15 feet. It was weird.

Burney
11-14-2017, 10:14 AM

I hate to say it, but Cesc's one straight from kick-off after we'd just scored in 2009 holds a special place in my heart.

Luis Anaconda
11-14-2017, 10:14 AM

Of course not - wasn't there though

Luis Anaconda
11-14-2017, 10:15 AM
I was there for that one. He appeared to climb to an altitude of roughly 15 feet. It was weird.

:nod: An athletic feat only matched by Curly when chasing Dara Ó Briain down the street

Sir C
11-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Of course not - wasn't there though

You kids. Haven't lived.

Burney
11-14-2017, 10:21 AM
You kids. Haven't lived.

By the way, g showed me a picture of Moses asleep on your lap. The size of him! And the fluff!

Pokster
11-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Good. Italy invariably stink up any tournament with which they are involved with their negative, cynical and invariably dreary toss.

Are those the tournaments which you always say you never watch????

Sir C
11-14-2017, 10:29 AM
By the way, g showed me a picture of Moses asleep on your lap. The size of him! And the fluff!

Yuuuge! He's grown bigly. He's bigger than the other two, and the size of his paws suggest he'll end up like a medium sized dog. The fluffy tail and ear tufts, together with his habit of chirruping like a bird, suggest that there's some Maine Coon in him, in which case he'll be an absolute whopper.

Interestingly he views v and I simply as ladders which grant access to shoulders, and runs up us without warning. The interface of cat claws and human skin is... unfortunate. I will send you a photo of my undraped wife to illustrate the point.

He's awfully sweet. But undeniably ginger :-(

Burney
11-14-2017, 10:34 AM
Yuuuge! He's grown bigly. He's bigger than the other two, and the size of his paws suggest he'll end up like a medium sized dog. The fluffy tail and ear tufts, together with his habit of chirruping like a bird, suggest that there's some Maine Coon in him, in which case he'll be an absolute whopper.

Interestingly he views v and I simply as ladders which grant access to shoulders, and runs up us without warning. The interface of cat claws and human skin is... unfortunate. I will send you a photo of my undraped wife to illustrate the point.

He's awfully sweet. But undeniably ginger :-(

Gingosity is acceptable in cats in a way it can never be for humans, though. FACT.

...Oh, you actually did send me a picture of your undraped wife. :-\

Are you sure it's just the cat doing that to her? You aren't getting a little...carried away, are you?

IUFG
11-14-2017, 10:56 AM
I hate to say it, but Cesc's one straight from kick-off after we'd just scored in 2009 holds a special place in my heart.

That won was ****ing. marvellous.

Was it RvP who had just previously scored?

Pair of treacherous ****s.

Burney
11-14-2017, 11:00 AM
That won was ****ing. marvellous.

Was it RvP who had just previously scored?

Pair of treacherous ****s.

Yup. He poked one inside the post, then Tottenham gave the ball away straight from kick-off and Cesc ran through and scored while Sky were still showing replays. :hehe:

IUFG
11-14-2017, 11:03 AM
Yup. He poked one inside the post, then Tottenham gave the ball away straight from kick-off and Cesc ran through and scored while Sky were still showing replays. :hehe:

Found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Gopxz2bf4

poor Eduardo... :cry:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Are those the tournaments which you always say you never watch????

Rejoinder b, rejoinder!

Burney
11-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Rejoinder b, rejoinder!

I can't be arsed with the sheer tedium I'm afraid, h.

He's got his little idea in his head, has had his customary dig at me, so he's happy.

Who am I to intrude? :shrug:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-14-2017, 11:24 AM
Gingosity is acceptable in cats in a way it can never be for humans, though. FACT.

...Oh, you actually did send me a picture of your undraped wife. :-\

Are you sure it's just the cat doing that to her? You aren't getting a little...carried away, are you?

Picture of his undraped wife! I think it somewhat churlish not to share b.

You don't suppose c and his glw have inadvertently acquired some kind of wild mountain cat do you?

I expect that even when c has lost an eye and and half the flesh on his face he'll still be billing and cooeing over the beast and telling everyone how sweeeeeeet it is - snakes with fur.

Pokster
11-14-2017, 11:32 AM
I can't be arsed with the sheer tedium I'm afraid, h.

He's got his little idea in his head, has had his customary dig at me, so he's happy.

Who am I to intrude? :shrug:

little dig??? You say you don't watch the tournament but then complain Italy are negative... how is that a dig???

Burney
11-14-2017, 11:34 AM
little dig??? You say you don't watch the tournament but then complain Italy are negative... how is that a dig???

I can't be arsed with the sheer tedium I'm afraid

:yawn: :yawn:

Pokster
11-14-2017, 12:15 PM
:yawn: :yawn:

Brilliant reasoning, well done b :rolleyes:

Burney
11-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Brilliant reasoning, well done b :rolleyes:

Listen, I make no secret of the fact that I think international football is largely wànk, but nowhere have I ever said that I don't watch World Cup or European Championship games. Nowhere - that's just something you've invented for the purposes of argument.

Indeed, me saying that I believe such tournaments are a bit shît is in fact proof that I've actually watched them since if I hadn't I wouldn't have an opinion, would I, ffs? I think the Champions League is shït, too. Does that mean I've never watched it either? Ditto the Olympics?

So if you're going to invent a premise out of whole cloth in order to argue with me, don't act all fücking surprised if I choose not to engage with you or find the idea of doing so unutterably fücking tedious.

barrybueno
11-14-2017, 01:04 PM
fun times in the Pat Vegas household.

che cazzo

On the other hand Goats be getting his oats imo :blow:

Tony C
11-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Fancy a big fat O-O tonight.

Might go all the way this won.

Ireland will do everything possible to avoid the away goal and the Danes are exactly known for their attacking prowess.

Could be a very long evening....