PDA

View Full Version : So I have returned from India with my bowels in full working order

World's End Stella
11-13-2017, 11:08 AM
:cloud9: Ave some of that, Dutchie.

India - what a f*cking dump. Can Indians not actually plan anything? Every part of it seems to have grown organically and as a result you get a load of building sites, some rubbish others not, surrounded by a load of shanty shops, some rubbish, others not. Garbage everywhere, traffic everywhere, pollution everywhere. What a dump.

Lovely people all right, they seem very happy and genuine. Although how anyone can be happy living in that dump is beyond me, and quite why anyone would ever want to visit it given how many other wonderfully interesting and civilized parts of the world there are I will never understand.

Having said that, I quite enjoyed my trip and will look forward to returning to see the lovely people. India, less so.

Peter
11-13-2017, 11:11 AM

India - what a f*cking dump. Can Indians not actually plan anything? Every part of it seems to have grown organically and as a result you get a load of building sites, some rubbish others not, surrounded by a load of shanty shops, some rubbish, others not. Garbage everywhere, traffic everywhere, pollution everywhere. What a dump.

Lovely people all right, they seem very happy and genuine. Although how anyone can be happy living in that dump is beyond me, and quite why anyone would ever want to visit it given how many other wonderfully interesting and civilized parts of the world there are I will never understand.

Having said that, I quite enjoyed my trip and will look forward to returning to see the lovely people. India, less so.

It is a ****hole, but an interesting one.

Sir C
11-13-2017, 11:11 AM

Yes, you're absolutely right, the sub-continent is an absolute dump and identifying this shows what a very special person you are. Congratulations.

Now I thought you said you were going to fúck off to Spurs?

World's End Stella
11-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Yes, you're absolutely right, the sub-continent is an absolute dump and identifying this shows what a very special person you are. Congratulations.

Expressing an opinion makes someone special in your world? Actually, that explains quite a lot you strange, little Dutchie man.

My Spurs flirtation is investigatory at this point, only. This Saturday will be confusing, I must admit. :-(

Pokster
11-13-2017, 11:17 AM

Do you mean "special" :rubchin: ?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-13-2017, 12:33 PM

Sounds like you ended up in one of the big cities?

World's End Stella
11-13-2017, 01:03 PM
Sounds like you ended up in one of the big cities?

Two. Bombay and Bengaluru - both sh1tholes.

Rich
11-13-2017, 01:35 PM

I stayed in a quite charming hotel called The Leela Palace in Bangalore, actually.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
11-13-2017, 02:23 PM

And your list of more beautiful stations than VT includes? Kipling's dad did the carvings on the inside.

But India is the Indians. Anyone who doesn't get it has no soul. Go and hang out with some sadhus or street kids. **** sight more fun that this backward little island. Can't wait to get back.

Sir C
11-13-2017, 02:27 PM
And your list of more beautiful stations than VT includes? Kipling's dad did the carvings on the inside.

But India is the Indians. Anyone who doesn't get it has no soul. Go and hang out with some sadhus or street kids. **** sight more fun that this backward little island. Can't wait to get back.

He favours 'resorts' in the UAE :shrug:

Point of order though, just because we have an ignorant chav class (including immigrant Canadians) who are as thick as pigshít, describing 'this island' as 'backward' seems harsh.

Burney
11-13-2017, 02:53 PM
He favours 'resorts' in the UAE :shrug:

Point of order though, just because we have an ignorant chav class (including immigrant Canadians) who are as thick as pigshít, describing 'this island' as 'backward' seems harsh.

Also, I'm not sure that suggesting those whose only refuge from the relentless ghastliness of everyday life is a sort of stoic/ascetic mysticism or children consigned to grinding poverty as exemplars of all that's best about India is exactly convincing me of its merits, either.

SWv2
11-13-2017, 03:08 PM

No Irish bars then?

Burney
11-13-2017, 03:09 PM
No Irish bars then?

Talking of which, they're opening a new Crikey O'Reilly's near me, sw. It's called 'The Quiet Man' :hehe:

SWv2
11-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Talking of which, they're opening a new Crikey O'Reilly's near me, sw. It's called 'The Quiet Man' :hehe:

Fúck me, I don't think there is even a Quiet Man pub in Cong which at least could be used to fleece half pint caressing Americans.

TheCurly
11-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Fúck me, I don't think there is even a Quiet Man pub in Cong which at least could be used to fleece half pint caressing Americans.

I was in one in Alicante a few weeks back for the Wales game.Dublin fella owned it.He sat at the bar all night insulting every customer he could,so it felt homely.

SWv2
11-13-2017, 03:19 PM
I was in one in Alicante a few weeks back for the Wales game.Dublin fella owned it.He sat at the bar all night insulting every customer he could,so it felt homely.

Look at you with your wee bit of winter sun.

Far from winter sun you were reared.

TheCurly
11-13-2017, 03:20 PM

27 degrees in October.wd the credit union

TheCurly
11-13-2017, 03:29 PM

Oh and don't tell Sir C i use a credit union.He thinks they're all communists to a man

SWv2
11-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Oh and don't tell Sir C i use a credit union.He thinks they're all communists to a man

Probably a member of Limerick CU the same man.

Him and his bike stealing relatives.

Peter
11-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Also, I'm not sure that suggesting those whose only refuge from the relentless ghastliness of everyday life is a sort of stoic/ascetic mysticism or children consigned to grinding poverty as exemplars of all that's best about India is exactly convincing me of its merits, either.

Its a pretty ****ing horrible place by most measures. Gut wrenching poverty to the point of starvation set against a backdrop of obscene wealth and the veiled notion that it is all our fault.

WES has been to Bangalore which in my experience is about the best place to visit.

SWv2
11-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Its a pretty ****ing horrible place by most measures. Gut wrenching poverty to the point of starvation set against a backdrop of obscene wealth and the veiled notion that it is all our fault.

WES has been to Bangalore which in my experience is about the best place to visit.

Listen to Judith fúcking Chalmers here.

Peter
11-13-2017, 03:42 PM
Listen to Judith fúcking Chalmers here.

What are you going on about now?

SWv2
11-13-2017, 03:45 PM
What are you going on about now?

Don't try to bully me pal.

Sir C
11-13-2017, 03:47 PM

Is it 'horrible', or simply 'different'?

Habitual street crápping aside, it's surely generally more fascinating than horrible?

Burney
11-13-2017, 03:48 PM

Oh, I had to take issue with a bolshie Indian bird the other day who was blathering on about my colonial privilege and how it was only right that 'white men' be made to pay for the sins of empire. I pointed out that my ancestors were starved and oppressed by the Brits quite as much as hers and you don't hear me moaning about it. She said that was because, as a white man, I was still benefitting from imperialism. I pointed out that, as the child of a rich, English-speaking Indian family who was earning a very nice living in England by writing stuff in English, so was she.

After about an hour of back-and-forth, we agreed to differ.

Burney
11-13-2017, 03:51 PM

Habitual street crápping aside, it's surely generally more fascinating than horrible?

I put it to you that you would be less willing to overlook the grinding poverty, dead kids, street cràpping, etc in a less 'exotic' locale.

Are you not indulging in the soft bigotry of low expectations here?

SWv2
11-13-2017, 03:55 PM

Shítting in the street isn't cool.

Sir C
11-13-2017, 03:57 PM
I put it to you that you would be less willing to overlook the grinding poverty, dead kids, street cràpping, etc in a less 'exotic' locale.

Are you not indulging in the soft bigotry of low expectations here?

Eh? What utter fúcktardery is this now? We're not talking about Croydon now, old chap. India is a more 'exotic' locale. Things are different. That's not to say that there aren't shítholes to be seen; I've been in duty, shítty burgs all over the third world thinking 'what the fúck am I doing here?' but scratching the surface of such environments inevitably (often?) broadens the mind, brings one closer to a true comprehension of the universe and soothes the aching chakras.

That, in fact, is your issue. Your chakras are fúcked.

Peter
11-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Don't try to bully me pal.

Did you have a point you wished to make?

Burney
11-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Eh? What utter fúcktardery is this now? We're not talking about Croydon now, old chap. India is a more 'exotic' locale. Things are different. That's not to say that there aren't shítholes to be seen; I've been in duty, shítty burgs all over the third world thinking 'what the fúck am I doing here?' but scratching the surface of such environments inevitably (often?) broadens the mind, brings one closer to a true comprehension of the universe and soothes the aching chakras.

That, in fact, is your issue. Your chakras are fúcked.

Yes, but I do wonder if our somewhat mystical, exoticised view of the place means we let Johnny Indian off the hook a bit for the utter fücking state of the place. Oughtn't we to be saying that perhaps he ought to think a bit less about his chakras and a bit more about not taking a dump in the street?

Peter
11-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Oh, I had to take issue with a bolshie Indian bird the other day who was blathering on about my colonial privilege and how it was only right that 'white men' be made to pay for the sins of empire. I pointed out that my ancestors were starved and oppressed by the Brits quite as much as hers and you don't hear me moaning about it. She said that was because, as a white man, I was still benefitting from imperialism. I pointed out that, as the child of a rich, English-speaking Indian family who was earning a very nice living in England by writing stuff in English, so was she.

After about an hour of back-and-forth, we agreed to differ.

70 years of independence and they seem to have made the place worse.

Also, it is just too bloody hot. I can cope in the South where it is a bit wetter but the heat in Delhi in unbearable.

Sir C
11-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Yes, but I do wonder if our somewhat mystical, exoticised view of the place means we let Johnny Indian off the hook a bit for the utter fücking state of the place. Oughtn't we to be saying that perhaps he ought to think a bit less about his chakras and a bit more about not taking a dump in the street?

Street shítting is a cultural oddity and is something that the Indian government and vast swathes of the population are actually addressing now. On the other hand I'm not sure we ought to be saying anything about it. If Johnny Indian wants to shít in the street and consider his chakras, who the hell are we to tell him what to do?

None of which is relevant to my point, which is that 'different' does not mean the same as 'wrong. I find these places where things are 'different' interesting. This, apparently, makes me weird.

Could I make you happy by only going on holiday to Magaluf and only eating in English restaurants?

Burney
11-13-2017, 04:17 PM
70 years of independence and they seem to have made the place worse.

Also, it is just too bloody hot. I can cope in the South where it is a bit wetter but the heat in Delhi in unbearable.

At one point, she appeared to be trying to blame us for the fact that, as a society, it is one of the most profoundly corrupt on earth. I pointed out that that was pretty much entirely down to them. She claimed that our colonialism had infantilised the Indian character to a point where no-one could possibly expect them not to rob each other blind. :rolleyes:

Burney
11-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Street shítting is a cultural oddity and is something that the Indian government and vast swathes of the population are actually addressing now. On the other hand I'm not sure we ought to be saying anything about it. If Johnny Indian wants to shít in the street and consider his chakras, who the hell are we to tell him what to do?

None of which is relevant to my point, which is that 'different' does not mean the same as 'wrong. I find these places where things are 'different' interesting. This, apparently, makes me weird.

Could I make you happy by only going on holiday to Magaluf and only eating in English restaurants?

Who are we to tell him what to do?! We're Englishmen, dammit! And, as such, his betters.

Pinko talk like that is exactly the sort of thing that lost us the empire.

I'm starting to have my doubts about you :-(

SWv2
11-13-2017, 04:20 PM

Far be it from me to judge any man but I am not sure one can just dismiss, or excuse perhaps, the concept of street shítting as a "cultural oddity".

Can they not carry little bags like dog owners*?

*dirty bástárds

Peter
At one point, she appeared to be trying to blame us for the fact that, as a society, it is one of the most profoundly corrupt on earth. I pointed out that that was pretty much entirely down to them. She claimed that our colonialism had infantilised the Indian character to a point where no-one could possibly expect them not to rob each other blind. :rolleyes:

Fascinating isn't it. They can make anything fit the same pattern but it ultimately comes down to the same point- a reluctance or outright inability to assume responsibility for anything or to accept accountability for it. Everything, including one's own mistakes, are actually somebody else's fault.

Its the modern day religion.

bbrian

I was in Cong last year SW...place has gone full on Quiet Man since i was last there only a few years back..sad seens

Peter
11-13-2017, 04:21 PM
Who are we to tell him what to do?! We're Englishmen, dammit! And, as such, his betters.

Pinko talk like that is exactly the sort of thing that lost us the empire.

I'm starting to have my doubts about you :-(

You can **** in the street but you cant have a fag afterwards. That is a country that has its legislative agenda slightly arse about face.

Burney
11-13-2017, 04:24 PM
Fascinating isn't it. They can make anything fit the same pattern but it ultimately comes down to the same point- a reluctance or outright inability to assume responsibility for anything or to accept accountability for it. Everything, including one's own mistakes, are actually somebody else's fault.

Its the modern day religion.

Basically, her point boiled down to the fact that she felt entitled to exploit us and deride us because her ancestors had suffered colonial oppression, but that despite my ancestors also having suffered colonial oppression, I was excluded from doing so because I was white.

This seemed both unfair to me and - dare I say it - not a little racist. :-(

Burney
11-13-2017, 04:24 PM
You can **** in the street but you cant have a fag afterwards. That is a country that has its legislative agenda slightly arse about face.

Quite literally imo.

Burney
11-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Far be it from me to judge any man but I am not sure one can just dismiss, or excuse perhaps, the concept of street shítting as a "cultural oddity".

Can they not carry little bags like dog owners*?

*dirty bástárds

I just can't imagine one can derive much enjoyment from a hastily coiled-down street poo, sw. And what do you wipe with? :yikes:

All in all, unlike Sir C, I'd have to say I'm not a fan of street-shítting.

SWv2
11-13-2017, 04:31 PM
I just can't imagine one can derive much enjoyment from a hastily coiled-down street poo, sw. And what do you wipe with? :yikes:

All in all, unlike Sir C, I'd have to say I'm not a fan of street-shítting.

I find the whole thing quite disturbing.

Here we have a man, part Dutch and part Irish but masquerading as an English gentleman, a man who proclaims to like the finer things in life, a man who will openly lecture others on issues of courtesy, manners and protocol.

Yet he is a man who is defending, championing even, street shítting.

Burney
11-13-2017, 04:33 PM
I find the whole thing quite disturbing.

Here we have a man, part Dutch and part Irish but masquerading as an English gentleman, a man who proclaims to like the finer things in life, a man who will openly lecture others on issues of courtesy, manners and protocol.

Yet he is a man who is defending, championing even, street shítting.

Yes. Mind you, I have known him to pïss on a roundabout, so the signs were there if we'd been looking for them. :sherlock:

The advocacy - even love - for street-shîtting is a new low, though. I'd hoped it would never come to this. :-(

Sir C
11-13-2017, 04:37 PM
Yes. Mind you, I have known him to pïss on a roundabout, so the signs were there if we'd been looking for them. :sherlock:

The advocacy - even love - for street-shîtting is a new low, though. I'd hoped it would never come to this. :-(

It's a perfectly natural function, b. This western obsession with locking it away as if something to be ashamed of confuses me.

Even Her Majesty gooes poopoo. And in her younger days, who is to say that she didn't occasionally enjoy the sense of freedom and sheer joie de vivre which accompanies voiding one's bowels whilst enjoying a cooling breeze.

Burney
11-13-2017, 04:44 PM
It's a perfectly natural function, b. This western obsession with locking it away as if something to be ashamed of confuses me.

Even Her Majesty gooes poopoo. And in her younger days, who is to say that she didn't occasionally enjoy the sense of freedom and sheer joie de vivre which accompanies voiding one's bowels whilst enjoying a cooling breeze.

Good God! Now you've gone too far! Even Jeremy Corbyn would quail in the face of this sort of treasonous talk imo!

Her Majesty has NEVER defecated anywhere other than in the right and proper place. :furious:

Sir C
11-13-2017, 04:51 PM
Good God! Now you've gone too far! Even Jeremy Corbyn would quail in the face of this sort of treasonous talk imo!

Her Majesty has NEVER defecated anywhere other than in the right and proper place. :furious:

And who are you to tell Her Majesty what constitutes a right and proper place for the Royal stool?

Burney
11-13-2017, 04:54 PM
And who are you to tell Her Majesty what constitutes a right and proper place for the Royal stool?

She understands protocol. She would never let the side down like that.

I imagine that Princess Margaret, on the other hand, shat wherever the fancy took her. Dirty cow.

World's End Stella
11-13-2017, 05:38 PM

Honour killings, forced marriages and acid attacks are not 'different', nor is sh1tting in the street.

They are all abhorrent practices that you would be the first to condemn if executed by Muslims. But because you do holiday in India and not in Pakistan and Afghanistan you try and justify them.

I think the people are lovely, as I said, but I have precisely zero desire to spend my already limited number of holidays exploring a country that treats women like cattle, is utterly filthy and filled with disease and seems to employ about every third person as a security guard because of the lack of safety.

eastgermanautos
11-13-2017, 07:14 PM

Why the fvck would you go to that place? Business I suppose? I don't like Indians except that I will concede some Indian girls have fine, swelling bosoms.