PDA

View Full Version : All of which really says 'Ooh look at me! Pay attention to me!!! Please, PLEASE!'

World's End Stella
11-13-2017, 09:50 AM
What a grade A attention seeking tw@t of the highest order. Typical mick imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41964299

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-13-2017, 10:17 AM

Circa 2001 the company I worked for were pitching to set up some kind of online travel agency that Geldorf was funding. Our MD, a Cambridge grad with impeccable manners and a care for the people that worked for him, described him as an insufferable, egotistical, ignorant **** and withdrew from the whole process on the grounds that he would not wish to subject anyone else to this braying arsehole.

A deeply deeply unpleasant man.

Sir C
11-13-2017, 10:19 AM

He was in the same cabin as me once on a flight from Bangkok to London.

He was a gobshíte foghorn.

Peter
11-13-2017, 10:27 AM
He was in the same cabin as me once on a flight from Bangkok to London.

He was a gobshíte foghorn.

I have never met him but he looks and sounds like a ****.

Seems we have a consensus here...

Sir C
11-13-2017, 10:34 AM

I expect sw will be along in a minute to defend him. They stick together, that sort.

Burney
11-13-2017, 10:37 AM

I'd say there was never much doubt he was a cùnt. However apparently worthy the whole Live Aid business was, it was also clearly a massive ego trip for a pop star on the slide during which he treated a number of decent people very, very badly (Midge Ure has particular reason to be miffed, as I understand it). He then parlayed the profile he acquired from it into a very lucrative career whilst continuing to lecture everyone from his high horse.

I for one was quite glad when Michael Hutchence fùcked his wife up the arse, tbh.

Ash
11-13-2017, 10:54 AM
I'd say there was never much doubt he was a cùnt. However apparently worthy the whole Live Aid business was, it was also clearly a massive ego trip for a pop star on the slide during which he treated a number of decent people very, very badly (Midge Ure has particular reason to be miffed, as I understand it). He then parlayed the profile he acquired from it into a very lucrative career whilst continuing to lecture everyone from his high horse.

I for one was quite glad when Michael Hutchence fùcked his wife up the arse, tbh.

I recently saw the mews flat in Notting Hill where she died. Apparently Geldof had threatened them repeatedly with, "Don't forget, I am above the law".

IUFG
11-13-2017, 10:54 AM

indeed we do :judge:

BG makes Rich seem almost sufferable.

so, so easy to find articles describing him as weapons grade wakner

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/bob-geldof-is-the-head-of-a-new-breedof-so-called-liberals-the-s/

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/geldof-defends-taxation-arrangements-1.725263

http://cherwell.org/2014/11/26/the-hypocrisy-of-bob-geldof/

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2012/05/16/whys-bob-geldof-so-tetchy-about-his-tax-affairs/

Sir C
11-13-2017, 11:08 AM

Mind you, old Mike was a bit of an oddball as well, wasn't he? ánking yourself to death strikes me as a peculiarly undignified way to go.

IUFG
11-13-2017, 11:09 AM
Mind you, old Mike was a bit of an oddball as well, wasn't he? ánking yourself to death strikes me as a peculiarly undignified way to go.

not so much undignified as how he went out, more how he was found, imo

two purple heads on him, so to speak.

Burney
11-13-2017, 11:11 AM

:nod: I was always confused by Paula Yates' campaign to have his death recognised as accidental rather than suicide.

Speaking personally, I'd much rather tell people my dad committed suicide than that he'd died in a bizarre wánking accident. :shrug:

Burney
11-13-2017, 11:11 AM

:hehe: That made I laugh, IUFG

Sir C
11-13-2017, 11:12 AM

Nicely put, i. It's the eulogy he'd have wanted.

World's End Stella
11-13-2017, 11:15 AM
:nod: I was always confused by Paula Yates' campaign to have his death recognised as accidental rather than suicide.

Speaking personally, I'd much rather tell people my dad committed suicide than that he'd died in a bizarre wánking accident. :shrug:

How do we know he and Paula had anal sex? Pic?

Burney
11-13-2017, 11:18 AM
How do we know he and Paula had anal sex? Pic?

There are pics out there of the act, but I'm not googling them for you.

SWv2
11-13-2017, 11:26 AM
I expect sw will be along in a minute to defend him. They stick together, that sort.

Nah, not me.

:shakehead:

Pat Vegas
11-13-2017, 11:26 AM
I was very disappointed to see this thread was not about me.

Burney
11-13-2017, 11:29 AM
Nah, not me.

:shakehead:

He was brought up a couple of doors down from my old man. And they both went to Blackrock.

Pokster
11-13-2017, 11:30 AM

Typical yank.. you and Wes are so alike

Burney
11-13-2017, 11:30 AM

You're so vain, f.

SWv2
11-13-2017, 11:34 AM
He was brought up a couple of doors down from my old man. And they both went to Blackrock.

Dun Laoghaire I believe, a place of perhaps former relative grandeur but sadly now a veritable kip, though I do enjoy a bracing stroll along the pier on a given day.

I saw the BG story earlier and I did think what a silly, pompous man. To not just give his silly award back, but to also then make a song and dance about it.

Coupled with the fact that the whole “Freedom of…” is plain ridiculous then fúck him.

Burney
11-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Dun Laoghaire I believe, a place of perhaps former relative grandeur but sadly now a veritable kip, though I do enjoy a bracing stroll along the pier on a given day.

I saw the BG story earlier and I did think what a silly, pompous man. To not just give his silly award back, but to also then make a song and dance about it.

Coupled with the fact that the whole “Freedom of…” is plain ridiculous then fúck him.

Yes, the man has an ego that can only be described as utterly monstrous.

TheCurly
11-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Yes, the man has an ego that can only be described as utterly monstrous.

Still,Tonic For The Troops.Cracking albumen.

Ash
11-13-2017, 02:51 PM

Pffft. They were always a teenybopper band at best.

Burney
11-13-2017, 02:54 PM

Didn't he recently engage in a legal battle with his (presumably) much less well-off former bandmates over rights to the songs as well?

What a cùnt.

SWv2
11-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Didn't he recently engage in a legal battle with his (presumably) much less well-off former bandmates over rights to the songs as well?

What a cùnt.

Johnny Fingers tried to sue him, no idea how it transpired.

:judge:

TheCurly
11-13-2017, 03:06 PM

They sang a song about Hitler,a

Burney
11-13-2017, 03:08 PM
They sang a song about Hitler,a

Pro or anti?

TheCurly
11-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Pro or anti?

I Never Loved Eva Braun,told from the very fellow's perspective

IUFG
11-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Johnny Fingers tried to sue him, no idea how it transpired.

:judge:

Saint Bob asked Johnny Fingers to put up a load of cash (way more than he could afford) in costs provisions for the case.

What a massive ****.

Burney
11-13-2017, 03:11 PM
I Never Loved Eva Braun,told from the very fellow's perspective

Poor old Eva. Always felt sorry for her. She seemed nice.

SWv2
11-13-2017, 03:34 PM

Have a few BR songs on the old iPod, part of some cheap as chips "Punk" compilation I found somewhere.