PDA

View Full Version : Peter. You mentioned this Patel women being unbearably thick. I have developed a deep

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-10-2017, 01:51 PM
and profound abhorrence of the woman (smirky smug **** she is) and would like an example of her stupidity to help me refine my loathing of her.

cheers

Ash
11-10-2017, 01:54 PM
She wants UK taxpayer money to be sent directly to the occupied Golan Heights to support an Israeli hospital patching up Al-Qaeda affiliated jihadis, before sending them back into battle against the Syrian government.

Burney
11-10-2017, 02:09 PM
She wants UK taxpayer money to be sent directly to the occupied Golan Heights to support an Israeli hospital patching up Al-Qaeda affiliated jihadis, before sending them back into battle against the Syrian government.

I don’t really have a problem with us supporting our strategic allies, tbf. :shrug:

Besides, there’s a bigger game on in the Middle East right now, what with Saudi busy reforming and allying with Israel against Iran and Hezbollah.

Sir C
11-10-2017, 02:15 PM
I don’t really have a problem with us supporting our strategic allies, tbf. :shrug:

Besides, there’s a bigger game on in the Middle East right now, what with Saudi busy reforming and allying with Israel against Iran and Hezbollah.

I don't understand all this modern nonsense. Israel allied with Saudi Arabia? Supporting jihadists against Syria? Load of old cobblers, imo.

I want goodies, and I want baddies, and I want no confusion between the two.

I DEMAND GEOPOLITICAL MORAL CLARITY!

Luis Anaconda
11-10-2017, 02:20 PM
I don't understand all this modern nonsense. Israel allied with Saudi Arabia? Supporting jihadists against Syria? Load of old cobblers, imo.

It's just all about men in dresses, Sir C - probably best ignore it

Peter
11-10-2017, 02:23 PM
and profound abhorrence of the woman (smirky smug **** she is) and would like an example of her stupidity to help me refine my loathing of her.

cheers

Off the top of my head....she didnt know where Cyprus was and thought it was Part of Greece. She seemed to be under the impression that Essex was a Labour stronghold.

In a radio interview I recall her being taken to pieces by some dopey old codger who had called in about Tory plans for social care. She couldn't even trot out the same lines the rest of the party manage and then got quite aggressive about it.

In short, a thoroughly useless politician. To be fair, she might be very good at something else but she is ****ing **** at this, as evidenced by the hole she dug herself this week. Totally incompetent.

Peter
11-10-2017, 02:24 PM

She doesnt seem to know what the Foreign Office is. That's pretty thick.

Peter
11-10-2017, 02:39 PM

cheers

THere was also a rather embarrassing exchange with Ian Hislop on Question Time regarding capital punishment.

Ash
11-10-2017, 02:46 PM

When the strategic allies in question are head-chopping barbarian terrorists who wish to destroy us as much as whoever 'we' are trying to point them at, the phrase 'playing with fire' comes to mind.

Of course, 'we' have been playing with this particular petrol-soaked burning brand since 1979. Not surprising it keeps burning us, tbh.

Ash
11-10-2017, 02:48 PM

:hehe:

Reality is more Game of Thrones than Hollywood, and always has been imo.

Burney
11-10-2017, 02:49 PM
When the strategic allies in question are head-chopping barbarian terrorists who wish to destroy us as much as whoever 'we' are trying to point them at, the phrase 'playing with fire' comes to mind.

Of course, 'we' have been playing with this particular petrol-soaked burning brand since 1979. Not surprising it keeps burning us, tbh.

Yes, but currently those head-choppers are engaged in a massive internal struggle to reform, which has involved large numbers of the dissenting ruling elite being put under arrest and a couple of them who tried to flee having their aircraft shot down.

The current Saudi regime is something you really ought to be supporting, a.

Burney
11-10-2017, 02:51 PM

Wheels within wheels, innit :tapsnose:

PSRB
11-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Off the top of my head....she didnt know where Cyprus was and thought it was Part of Greece. She seemed to be under the impression that Essex was a Labour stronghold.

In a radio interview I recall her being taken to pieces by some dopey old codger who had called in about Tory plans for social care. She couldn't even trot out the same lines the rest of the party manage and then got quite aggressive about it.

In short, a thoroughly useless politician. To be fair, she might be very good at something else but she is ****ing **** at this, as evidenced by the hole she dug herself this week. Totally incompetent.

Well, technically, part of it is

Sir C
11-10-2017, 02:55 PM
:hehe:

Reality is more Game of Thrones than Hollywood, and always has been imo.

Nonsernse. We used to know who are enemies were, it was simple: Frogs, Fuzzy Wuzzies, Other Random Darlies, Krauts, Commies. Nothing simpler.

Now look. It's just a mess :-(

SWv2
11-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Nonsernse. We used to know who are enemies were, it was simple: Frogs, Fuzzy Wuzzies, Other Random Darlies, Krauts, Commies. Nothing simpler.

Now look. It's just a mess :-(

*cough*

Tiocfaidh ar lá

Sir C
11-10-2017, 03:13 PM
*cough*

Tiocfaidh ar lá

Yes, I covered you lot. "Frogs, Fuzzy Wuzzies, Other Random Darkies, Krauts, Commies. Nothing simpler."

Burney
11-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Yes, I covered you lot. "Frogs, Fuzzy Wuzzies, Other Random Darkies, Krauts, Commies. Nothing simpler."

The Irish aren’t enemies as such. They’re our idiot children who occasionally get hold of matches and set the fúcking house on fire.

SWv2
11-10-2017, 03:21 PM
The Irish aren’t enemies as such. They’re our idiot children who occasionally get hold of matches and set the fúcking house on fire.

Fúcks sake, steady on B.

Luis Anaconda
11-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Fúcks sake, steady on B.
tbf he is talking about himself as much as anyone, sw

Pokster
11-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Fúcks sake, steady on B.

Especially as he claims to be part irish (when it suits of course.. bit like his dutchie friend claims to have a bit of Irish in him)

Peter
11-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Well, technically, part of it is

No, technically and really it isn't, at all. In fact the very idea of chasing exactly that is what precipitated the Turkis invasion of the Northern half.

Sir C
11-10-2017, 03:28 PM
No, technically and really it isn't, at all. In fact the very idea of chasing exactly that is what precipitated the Turkis invasion of the Northern half.

Be fair p, they're all bubbles at the end of the day.

Peter
11-10-2017, 03:29 PM

Jolly decent bunch in my experience. Even Sw's lot from the North are ok...

Peter
11-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Be fair p, they're all bubbles at the end of the day.

If you want to get technical, no, they are not. Cypriots are actually descended from Venetians and the vast majority of them are no more GReek than me or you. THey share a church but not DNA.

I dont care for the term bubbles, as mentioned here previously.

I mean, you wouldn't call SW a mic would you.....

Ash
11-10-2017, 03:32 PM
If you want to get technical, no, they are not. Cypriots are actually descended from Venetians and the vast majority of them are no more GReek than me or you. THey share a church but not DNA.

They speak Greek though, and for Greeks, you get your ethnicity from the language you speak, not your jeans. At least the Cretans see it like that, and they aren't Greek DNA either.

Sir C
11-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Fúcks sake, steady on B.

It's an interesting point, mind. One wonders whether, back in the day, there was much fraternising between the English oppressor and the native colleen, and whether this planted a pernicious seam of Englishness within the sacred DNA of the Sons and Daughters of Eirrean.

SWv2
11-10-2017, 03:35 PM

I will cut your throat you hippy Liberal ****.

Sir C
11-10-2017, 03:36 PM

There's nothing offensive about bubbles, is there? It just rhymes. There's nothing pejorative about bubble and squeak, it's just a dish made from fried mashed potatoes and vegetables. Often cabbage, and traditionally leftovers.

Ash
11-10-2017, 03:36 PM

Since when did you have a beef with libruls? I thought you were strictly apolitical.

Peter
11-10-2017, 03:38 PM
They speak Greek though, and for Greeks, you get your ethnicity from the language you speak, not your jeans. At least the Cretans see it like that, and they aren't Greek DNA either.

THey speak Cypriot Greek, which is a bit different. Also, they dont refer to themselves as Greek. Greeks consider them GReek, they consider themselves Cypriots, or Greek Cypriots.

They can get rather touchy about this.

Anyway, the woman is ****ing thick, that was my point.

Sir C
Since when did you have a beef with libruls? I thought you were strictly apolitical.

And as for the self-proclaimed Glastonbury botherer daring to refer to anyone else as a hippy... the mind boggles at the front of it, really.

SWv2
It's an interesting point, mind. One wonders whether, back in the day, there was much fraternising between the English oppressor and the native colleen, and whether this planted a pernicious seam of Englishness within the sacred DNA of the Sons and Daughters of Eirrean.

I would confidently say we have rode more of your chicks than vice versa.

Dirt bags I found.

Sir C
11-10-2017, 03:39 PM
THey speak Cypriot Greek, which is a bit different. Also, they dont refer to themselves as Greek. Greeks consider them GReek, they consider themselves Cypriots, or Greek Cypriots.

They can get rather touchy about this.

Anyway, the woman is ****ing thick, that was my point.

It's all Greek to me.

Look mate, give it up, one half of 'em are bubbles and the other half paulines and that's just scientific fact.

SWv2

Merely a descriptor A. I have no issue with any person's political beliefs.

Peter

Nice. I defend you, time and time again, and I get death threats.

Mind your tone, Sir....

Peter
11-10-2017, 03:40 PM
It's all Greek to me.

Look mate, give it up, one half of 'em are bubbles and the other half paulines and that's just scientific fact.

Are you trying to speak like a working class person?

It doesnt suit you....

Sir C
11-10-2017, 03:41 PM

Dirt bags I found.

I beg your pardon? Are you referring to the Roses of England, the blushing maidens of old Blighty, as 'dirt bags'?

How would you like us to come over there and give you a good old oppressing again, hmm?

Peter
11-10-2017, 03:41 PM

Dirt bags I found.

How charming.

Sir C
11-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Are you trying to speak like a working class person?

It doesnt suit you....

I am attempting to communicate with you in a language you will understand. In the same way that when I speak to a Frenchman I speak French, when I speak to a Paddy I grunt, when I speak to you I speak common.

Peter
11-10-2017, 03:44 PM
I am attempting to communicate with you in a language you will understand. In the same way that when I speak to a Frenchman I speak French, when I speak to a Paddy I grunt, when I speak to you I speak common.

Must get horribly confusing. Do you ever worry that the real you will simply disappear?

Sir C
11-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Must get horribly confusing. Do you ever worry that the real you will simply disappear?

I doubt very much whether there is a real me any more. HMRC have sucked everything else out of me over the years; I assume they own my id and my soul as well.

Ash
11-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Merely a descriptor A. I have no issue with any person's political beliefs.

The word is pretty meaningless and contradictory, it has to be said. Many 'liberals' are profoundly socially illiberal, while some conservatives are for social freedom. Market liberalism, social liberalism, neo-liberalism, it's all rather confusing.

Perhaps the only real conservative here is redg imo. Proper old-school family values and all that.

eastgermanautos
11-10-2017, 03:51 PM

cheers

That said, not knowing anything about her but just going on looks, I'd hit that.

Peter
11-10-2017, 04:01 PM
The word is pretty meaningless and contradictory, it has to be said. Many 'liberals' are profoundly socially illiberal, while some conservatives are for social freedom. Market liberalism, social liberalism, neo-liberalism, it's all rather confusing.

Perhaps the only real conservative here is redg imo. Proper old-school family values and all that.

He just likes flinging insults at me, A. There is little more to it than that.

Peter
11-10-2017, 04:02 PM
I doubt very much whether there is a real me any more. HMRC have sucked everything else out of me over the years; I assume they own my id and my soul as well.

Now we are getting somewhere...these speech patterns, the accents. These are your tax dodging alter egos arent they.

I bet you have a big bag full of birth certificates somewhere.

redgunamo
11-10-2017, 04:21 PM

Hurrah! #DrainTheSwamp

Ash
11-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Yes, but currently those head-choppers are engaged in a massive internal struggle to reform, which has involved large numbers of the dissenting ruling elite being put under arrest and a couple of them who tried to flee having their aircraft shot down.

The current Saudi regime is something you really ought to be supporting, a.

I was actually talking about the jihadis than the Sauds, but anyway, we'll see about the Clown Prince Mohammad bin Salman's reforms. Maybe the night of the long knives is just a mass-pruning exercise while grabbing their wealth to pay the state bills accrued from the low oil price. 300 arrests so far.

Meanwhile he effectively kidnapped the Lebanese PM Hariri, which has managed to unite Hariri's own party with the Hezbies, rather than forcing them against Hezbollah, and even the Yanks are saying that there should be no conflict in Lebanon (not that I believe them). As with his move against Qatar, it has so far had the opposite effect than intended. His attack on Yemen has bogged down, and his attempts to use ISIS and AQ to defeat the Syrian goverment and install a Sunni State between Iran and Israel has failed. Everywhere Iran has increased its influence.

And this bloke could be about to be king for the next 50 years. :hehe:

:-|

redgunamo
11-10-2017, 04:41 PM
I was actually talking about the jihadis than the Sauds, but anyway, we'll see about the Clown Prince Mohammad bin Salman's reforms. Maybe the night of the long knives is just a mass-pruning exercise while grabbing their wealth to pay the state bills accrued from the low oil price. 300 arrests so far.

Meanwhile he effectively kidnapped the Lebanese PM Hariri, which has managed to unite Hariri's own party with the Hezbies, rather than forcing them against Hezbollah, and even the Yanks are saying that there should be no conflict in Lebanon (not that I believe them). As with his move against Qatar, it has so far had the opposite effect than intended. His attack on Yemen has bogged down, and his attempts to use ISIS and AQ to defeat the Syrian goverment and install a Sunni State between Iran and Israel has failed. Everywhere Iran has increased its influence.

And this bloke could be about to be king for the next 50 years. :hehe:

:-|

I gather it's all merely the pretext we've been waiting for in order to finally take out the bad hombres in Iran once and for all #followthewhiterabbit #TrumpTrain

Ash
11-10-2017, 04:46 PM
I gather it's all merely the pretext we've been waiting for in order to finally take out the bad hombres in Iran once and for all #followthewhiterabbit #TrumpTrain

And presumably that'll work out as well as the expedition to finally take out the bad hombres in Iraq. Will Tony Blair be coming back to lead the charge?

redgunamo
11-10-2017, 04:56 PM
And presumably that'll work out as well as the expedition to finally take out the bad hombres in Iraq. Will Tony Blair be coming back to lead the charge?

I'm not sure that's how history works, to be honest. A man always has to do what he thinks is right; it's no good being a pussy about it.

Ash
11-10-2017, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure that's how history works, to be honest. A man always has to do what he thinks is right; it's no good being a pussy about it.

Yes. Especially when he's wrong.

Who exactly will be invading Iran anyway, and from where? Don't they have a rather more sophisticated air defence system than the usual hapless schmuck that gets pounded?

redgunamo
11-10-2017, 05:13 PM

Who exactly will be invading Iran anyway, and from where? Don't they have a rather more sophisticated air defence system than the usual hapless schmuck that gets pounded?

Oh, it's not a crime to be wrong; the crime is in not keeping your word.

Put it this way: It will not be a poorly prepared Delta Force crew in the middle of a sandstorm. I'm actually looking forward to the jamboree, but probably not as much as Mastercard is :-(

barrybueno
11-10-2017, 11:30 PM
I;d bang it

Burney
11-11-2017, 12:06 AM

a, you persistently underestimate the capabilities of what is - whether you like it or not - the greatest war machine this planet has ever seen.

If you seriously think Iranian air defences are a match for US military capability, you’re sadly mistaken. The only limiting factor on American military might is America itself.

barrybueno
11-11-2017, 12:18 AM
be cool Berni, bueno here, hi ;-)

nic
e evening etc...

im not a williams , honestQ!

Ash
11-11-2017, 12:53 AM
a, you persistently underestimate the capabilities of what is - whether you like it or not - the greatest war machine this planet has ever seen.

If you seriously think Iranian air defences are a match for US military capability, you’re sadly mistaken. The only limiting factor on American military might is America itself.

I'm not saying they are a match. They might make enough difference though for that contradiction you refer to to come into play. It won't be as easy as Iraq. And consider that under a Republican leadership, especially this bloke, opposition gets to express itself in a way that doesn't happen under Democrat presidents, who get a free pass in war from what passes for the 'left' in US and European politics.

I am genuinely intrigued as to which country Iran would be invaded from though. Afghanistan? Watch yer back, guys. Iraq? they are Iran's ally now, thanks to 2003. Pakistan? yeah, right. Turkey? Can't see it. Azerbaijan perhaps.

eastgermanautos
11-11-2017, 03:40 PM

I love it when you talk dirty to us Americans, Burney. Yeah baby. War machine. :-D

On the real, I am friends with someone who fought in Najaf, Fallujiah, one of them. He's a man acquainted with the use of deadly force.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-11-2017, 08:38 PM
I love it when you talk dirty to us Americans, Burney. Yeah baby. War machine. :-D

On the real, I am friends with someone who fought in Najaf, Fallujiah, one of them. He's a man acquainted with the use of deadly force.

I was a boy living in Berlin, I met a soldier who described to me and a friend how he and his oppo were caught by a sniper in Belfast. He painted a terrifying picture of seeing the whole of his partner's shoulder explode like JFK's head in the Zapruder movie.

They were effectively pinned down with his partner crying and asking for his mother, and were both afraid of the very real prospect of being sniffed out and finished off by the sniper's people.

They were quickly rescued by an armoured vehicle and so lived to tell the tale. And the tale, by the way, was told not with any sense of derring-do or bombast, but with humility. The fella was impressing on us that combat was a deeply unpleasant business and he had been through three minutes of bleak, mortal terror before escaping .

Ash
11-12-2017, 12:32 AM
#followthewhiterabbit

I thought you were just being impishly mysterious, but when I came across it elsewhere today I had a look.

My word.

#QAnon