PDA

View Full Version : Talking of films, this year's John Lewis ad.

Sir C
11-10-2017, 10:09 AM
I don't get it. I mean I don't understand the story. :-(

Ash
11-10-2017, 10:10 AM

Christmas ads are rubbish.

This morning I am mainly channelling Peter.

Pat Vegas
11-10-2017, 10:12 AM

Boots adverts with 'here come the girls' song make my blood boil.

Sir C
11-10-2017, 10:13 AM

You need to be a lot more abusive, a.

Pokster
11-10-2017, 10:13 AM
Boots adverts with 'here come the girls' song make my blood boil.

I'm obviously missing something here... does anyone actually watch live TV and not just record stuff and wind on through the adverts

Rich
11-10-2017, 10:15 AM

I tend to find myself fighting back the tears when I watch them. I shall review this one and advise accordingly.

The Hare And The Bear with Lilly Allen singing is still my favourite.

PSRB
11-10-2017, 10:19 AM
I tend to find myself fighting back the tears when I watch them. I shall review this one and advise accordingly.

The Hare And The Bear with Lilly Allen singing is still my favourite.

Lily Allen is a **** though, so found myself mostly getting angry during that advert

Rich
11-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Lily Allen is a **** though, so found myself mostly getting angry during that advert

Ah but she likes the cricket. I have seen her at Lord's twice and she always seems happy to befriend Joe Public.

Pat Vegas
11-10-2017, 10:22 AM
I'm obviously missing something here... does anyone actually watch live TV and not just record stuff and wind on through the adverts

Actually in general I do not watch anything on TV, not as some I don't watch TV gimmick just find there isn't much on of interest.

I put on Canadian/American channels for background noise and other times it's mainly Italian TV. Outside of that it's youtube/dvd/netflix

Sir C
11-10-2017, 10:24 AM

You realise that there is a picture of her noonoo available on the internet, of course?

I found this surprising.

Rich
11-10-2017, 10:31 AM
You realise that there is a picture of her noonoo available on the internet, of course?

I found this surprising.

Shame on you. Pevert/sexual predator.

Sir C
11-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Shame on you. Pevert/sexual predator.

Have you seen it r? It's quite instructive.

Just Trent
11-10-2017, 11:48 AM

It's about a monster who abuses a young boy with the use of sleep deprivation torture. A strange choice of theme for a Christmas advert imo. It's basically one stop short of 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.

Rich
11-10-2017, 11:50 AM
It's about a monster who abuses a young boy with the use of sleep deprivation torture. A strange choice of theme for a Christmas advert imo. It's basically one stop short of 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.

The boy seems quite happy to be galvanting around his bedroom on the back of Moz, tbh. I lose track of the plot towards the end when Moz leaves a device for the boy under the tree which projects stars onto the ceiling. We then cut to a scene of the boy in bed again, but this time he looks beneath and in Moz's place is a toy police car with flashing lights.

What is the moral of the story?

Sir C
11-10-2017, 11:54 AM

Quite so; it seemed to me inappropriate for christmas. Then came the ending, which confused me entirely.

SWv2
11-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Quite so; it seemed to me inappropriate for christmas. Then came the ending, which confused me entirely.

The purpose of the advert, and indeed most advertising material across all channels, is to provoke conversation, awareness and even on occasion confusion. It is not as is often mistaken to sell a product, perhaps a brand.

In this case the advert has clearly worked as is evidence by the healthy cut and thrust of debate today.

Nobody in Ireland is talking about it.

TheCurly
11-10-2017, 12:59 PM
I have been on those previewing tv advertising groups where you're asked your opinion and they give you some loot..You'd not believe how stupid the people are that are invited to these things.Oh...

7sisters
11-10-2017, 01:29 PM
I have been on those previewing tv advertising groups where you're asked your opinion and they give you some loot..You'd not believe how stupid the people are that are invited to these things.Oh...

Indeed. Those Halifax building society ads that use Hannah Barbara creations like Top Cat and Scooby Doo.
I mean, WTF are they all about.
Staggering that some kyunt got paid a tidy fee for coming up with that total ******* of an ad.

Rich
11-10-2017, 01:30 PM
The purpose of the advert, and indeed most advertising material across all channels, is to provoke conversation, awareness and even on occasion confusion. It is not as is often mistaken to sell a product, perhaps a brand.

In this case the advert has clearly worked as is evidence by the healthy cut and thrust of debate today.

Nobody in Ireland is talking about it.

You don't have John Lewis? This is remarkable.

Pokster
11-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Indeed. Those Halifax building society ads that use Hannah Barbara creations like Top Cat and Scooby Doo.
Staggering that some kyunt got paid a tidy fee for coming up with that total ******* of an ad.

The fact you know it is for Halifax is what they want... you see Scooby Doo and the Flintstones and your first thought is "they were in the ****ty add for the Halifax" , that is what they want

Ash
11-10-2017, 01:56 PM

Do you remember the "We're with the Woolwich!" ads in the early 70s?

Luis Anaconda
11-10-2017, 02:00 PM
I think they started about the time I left the country. Thank ****

SWv2
11-10-2017, 02:03 PM

Free swally?

SWv2
11-10-2017, 02:05 PM
I think they started about the time I left the country. Thank ****

Did you see Goretzka is on his way?

Welcome to N5 Leon.

This post was sponsored by Rich.

Luis Anaconda
11-10-2017, 02:16 PM

Welcome to N5 Leon.

:hehe: Yeah, saw that, taking a quote, possibly badly translated and saying it's a done deal. I doubt the lad himself knows where he is playing next season so Bierhoff is unlikely too

Rich
11-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Welcome to N5 Leon.

Only if we get into the top four, though. And, let's face it; that looks improbable at best right now.

The Draxler swap with Alexis looks promising, though.

Pokster
11-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Only if we get into the top four, though. And, let's face it; that looks improbable at best right now.

The Draxler swap with Alexis looks promising, though.

The 1 teeny weeny problem with said swap is that Alexis wants to play for Pep and we have no idea if Draxler would want to join us.. apart from that carry on.

By the way we are 4 points off second so why does top 4 look improable at best

Luis Anaconda
11-10-2017, 02:42 PM
The 1 teeny weeny problem with said swap is that Alexis wants to play for Pep and we have no idea if Draxler would want to join us.. apart from that carry on.

Because he's a retard - we've covered this before I think

Pokster
11-10-2017, 02:47 PM

I apologise, it's Friday, been a long week... I do think Rich's avatar is in fact him

Ash
11-10-2017, 03:35 PM

He might get into Pep's league cup side on the basis of Sunday's performance.

Rich
11-10-2017, 04:15 PM

You can be very unkind at times, LA. It is not befitting of a man of your vintage.

Are you excited for The Ashes? Who is this Overton chap?

Also, we really do need Ben Stokes. It's just a fine balance between making sure the public think he's been duly punished.