PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Kilbane - can't find the tackle on Edu but did find this

Luis Anaconda
11-08-2017, 02:48 PM
His performance in this game was possibly the worst I have even seen professional football (and I've seen Paul McShane play) - quite how he had the cheek to earn a living from the game let alone win 100 caps for Ireland I really don't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3_jYoYJQPM

Most people on here will enjoy this - except for Peter who will moan about us giving the ball away for one of their chances

Burney
11-08-2017, 02:50 PM
His performance in this game was possibly the worst I have even seen professional football (and I've seen Paul McShane play) - quite how he had the cheek to earn a living from the game let alone win 100 caps for Ireland I really don't know

Most people on here will enjoy this - except for Peter who will moan about us giving the ball away for one of their chances

Paul McShane? The bloke out of Hi-De-Hi? :-\

IUFG
11-08-2017, 02:56 PM

Most people on here will enjoy this

Dennis Bergkamp :bow:

Our ****ness started when he retired, imo :cry:

SWv2
11-08-2017, 02:57 PM

I know a lad that on occasion plays the 5 a side with Zinedine, part of the Talksport crew.

As befits a professional footballer among mortals, or ex professional footballer as he is, by all accounts you can’t get fúcking near him.

Naturally I would.

I respect of international caps we have an admirable number of utter shít****s with many caps.

McClean, the latest incumbent of the role, will surely go on to 100.

:-\

Luis Anaconda
11-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Paul McShane? The bloke out of Hi-De-Hi? :-\

Might as well have been - I refer of course to the Irish centre half of no discernible talent.

Paul Shane is one of those I have to look up to see if he is dead - he is. Jeffrey Holland is still going though

Luis Anaconda
11-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Dennis Bergkamp :bow:

Our ****ness started when he retired, imo :cry:

Not exactly replaceable is he ... ever

redgunamo
11-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Might as well have been - I refer of course to the Irish centre half of no discernible talent.

Paul Shane is one of those I have to look up to see if he is dead - he is. Jeffrey Holland is still going though

Fairbrother gone though; I had no idea :-(

Luis Anaconda
11-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Fairbrother gone though; I had no idea :-(

Neil? Great cover fielder :(

Monty92
11-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Back in 5....

Sir C
11-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Back in 5....

The one inside the full back for Reyes?

He put backspin on it to help it hold up, didn't he? :cloud9:

Monty92
11-09-2017, 09:49 AM

Yes! Yes he did!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!

Luis Anaconda
11-09-2017, 10:06 AM

I almost feel bad for putting this link in with reference to Kilbane. I shall go and whip myself thoroughly and say five Hail Dennises

Sir C
11-09-2017, 10:08 AM
I almost feel bad for putting this link in with reference to Kilbane. I shall go and whip myself thoroughly and say five Hail Dennises

It's funny how he capped that performance (that performance!) with a goal of, by his standards, peculiar ugliness.

Luis Anaconda
11-09-2017, 10:10 AM
It's funny how he capped that performance (that performance!) with a goal of, by his standards, peculiar ugliness.

yes - terrible touch in the box. Surprised he didn't just put it out for a goal kick and wait for a better opportunity to come along

Peter
11-09-2017, 01:03 PM
yes - terrible touch in the box. Surprised he didn't just put it out for a goal kick and wait for a better opportunity to come along

Not that it matters, but how the hell has the ref not given that penalty for the trip on Henry?? ;)

Luis Anaconda
11-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Not that it matters, but how the hell has the ref not given that penalty for the trip on Henry?? ;)

It was Alan Wiley - so **** knows. Much more of a pen than the one he gave though

Peter
11-09-2017, 01:15 PM
It was Alan Wiley - so **** knows. Much more of a pen than the one he gave though

Its quite hard to watch. Sometimes I convince myself that I look back at these sides with rose-tinted glasses and they couldn't possibly have been as good as I remember. THen I see this....

I mean, even the Pires follow up header for the second goal. That header is just so beautifully precise.

There will never be another player like Dennis. Ever....

Luis Anaconda
11-09-2017, 01:19 PM
Its quite hard to watch. Sometimes I convince myself that I look back at these sides with rose-tinted glasses and they couldn't possibly have been as good as I remember. THen I see this....

I mean, even the Pires follow up header for the second goal. That header is just so beautifully precise.

There will never be another player like Dennis. Ever....

I know - to get him, Pires, Henry, Vieira and Freddie all in one team - obscene really

Pokster
11-09-2017, 01:23 PM
I know - to get him, Pires, Henry, Vieira and Freddie all in one team - obscene really

Could argue we should have won more than we did... there again the Man U team at that time wasn't too shabby

Peter
11-09-2017, 01:24 PM

THe sheer bloody size of them. And Sol, Lauren, Gilberto....they look like giants compared to our current side.

Absolute brutes....

Peter
11-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Could argue we should have won more than we did... there again the Man U team at that time wasn't too shabby

We should have won the league in 2002/3, that is probably the only big disappointment. Could have done better in Europe I suppose....

Luis Anaconda
11-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Yeah - some team, Stam, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy, Riley ...

Peter
11-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Yeah - some team, Stam, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy, Riley ...

Sky Sports (10%)....