PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only c**t paying any tax around here? I expect our

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-06-2017, 06:19 PM
resident Tories will soon be patiently explaining to us that it's vital that the wealthy are allowed to dodge their tax obligations otherwise the trickle down may stop trickling.

Tony C
11-06-2017, 07:15 PM
I noticed on the back of annual tax summary they break down exactly where your taxes went.

I noted the charities section and the overseas aid sections and took this to mean that I no longer have to donate to any charities because I’m already doing so imo

Tough luck Red Cross.

Pokster
11-07-2017, 08:01 AM
I noticed on the back of annual tax summary they break down exactly where your taxes went.

I noted the charities section and the overseas aid sections and took this to mean that I no longer have to donate to any charities because I’m already doing so imo

Tough luck Red Cross.

So perhaps you should tick the gift aid box on the online tax form and claim it back?????

Sir C
11-07-2017, 09:24 AM
resident Tories will soon be patiently explaining to us that it's vital that the wealthy are allowed to dodge their tax obligations otherwise the trickle down may stop trickling.

Someone's been 'dodging their tax obligations', h? That would be a matter for HMRC to prosecute, then. Good job they were caught.

I've read some hysterical stuff this morning about people who have done no more than order their tax affairs in accordance with the law; that's a different matter entirely.

I wonder if you claim your personal allowance or invest in ISAs?

Pokster
11-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Someone's been 'dodging their tax obligations', h? That would be a matter for HMRC to prosecute, then. Good job they were caught.

I've read some hysterical stuff this morning about people who have done no more than order their tax affairs in accordance with the law; that's a different matter entirely.

Bono... anti poverty, anti tax havens, lobbyist for the poor and needy..... pays almost zero tax on all royalty's, he is also a director for 2 offshore companys to minimize his tax payments.

so in other words he is a hypocritical **** of the highest order.

Peter
11-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Bono... anti poverty, anti tax havens, lobbyist for the poor and needy..... pays almost zero tax on all royalty's, he is also a director for 2 offshore companys to minimize his tax payments.

Yes, I think this is the crucial point. The legal outrage will focus on the fact that the law allows rich ****s to dodge paying anything. THe outrage at individuals should focus on ****s like Bono who 'talk a good game' until it comes to putting their hand in their own pocket.

It always ****ing irritates me when Emirates pass round a hat towards the end of a flight asking for contributions towards their charity to help poor kids in Bangladesh. **** off you ****s. Your profits from a day could build a new village in Bangladesh but you want a fiver from me? They can whistle dixy.....

Peter
11-07-2017, 09:53 AM

Can we have a leak regarding the tax affairs of black cab drivers? I believe this would reveal that they declare average earnings of about 15 quid a week.

IUFG
11-07-2017, 09:55 AM

superfluous 'hypocritical' imo.

tbf to the ****, he was one who ws virtue signalling, long before virtue signalling was popular. An avant-garde ****, if you will.

redgunamo
11-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Yes, I think this is the crucial point. The legal outrage will focus on the fact that the law allows rich ****s to dodge paying anything. THe outrage at individuals should focus on ****s like Bono who 'talk a good game' until it comes to putting their hand in their own pocket.

It always ****ing irritates me when Emirates pass round a hat towards the end of a flight asking for contributions towards their charity to help poor kids in Bangladesh. **** off you ****s. Your profits from a day could build a new village in Bangladesh but you want a fiver from me? They can whistle dixy.....

I'm not sure. At least they seem to mean well. And, in this day and age, that's not always something to take for granted, is it.

Everyone knows by now that money has a conscience all of its own. There's not really too much mere individuals can be expected to do about that uncomfortable fact, I reckon, even with the best will in the world.

SWv2
11-07-2017, 10:23 AM

I am no fan of the small singer but surely in order to honestly criticise the man one should be aware of any or all charitable donations he makes as well as legal tax avoidance.

The latter is something that surely we all would like some of.

Peter
11-07-2017, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure. At least they seem to mean well. And, in this day and age, that's not always something to take for granted, is it.

Everyone knows by now that money has a conscience all of its own. There's not really too much mere individuals can be expected to do about that uncomfortable fact, I reckon, even with the best will in the world.

THe desire to seem to mean well is present in every corporation. It is housed in their PR departments. Tesco want me to sponsor their walk for some old bull**** every time I pay for anything. Even worse, they want you to put food in their charity bins. I have just ****ing paid for it. Tesco want ME to give THEM food that I have just bought from them to give to poor people...... absurd.

I hate everything and everyone.

Peter
11-07-2017, 10:26 AM
I am no fan of the small singer but surely in order to honestly criticise the man one should be aware of any or all charitable donations he makes as well as legal tax avoidance.

Hmmmm. Yes, charity.

I watched a celebrity game show yesterday where the prize for charity was around 3 grand. You have to wonder how much that programme cost to make- just dont make the programme and give the money you saved to charity.

Charity- its all bull****.

IUFG
11-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Where, geographically, does the diminutive **** pay his taxes? Of those he does actually pay.

IUFG
11-07-2017, 10:28 AM

bullying street beggars, and all.

'Huge' charitable donations are an avoidance of tax not generally an act of altruism.

SWv2
11-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Hmmmm. Yes, charity.

I watched a celebrity game show yesterday where the prize for charity was around 3 grand. You have to wonder how much that programme cost to make- just dont make the programme and give the money you saved to charity.

I don't subscribe to any myself and am forced to run the gauntlet of street collecting ****s each day on Wicklow Street, South William Street and the street down by Peter's Pub. It is only the gift of headphones and loud music that saves all involved from a very unsavoury incident.

redgunamo
11-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Hmmmm. Yes, charity.

No, P. People need to work and make money. Otherwise there's no chance of anything being left over to give to charity, is there. Presuming they actually want to give any away, that is, of course.

SWv2
11-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Where, geographically, does the diminutive **** pay his taxes? Of those he does actually pay.

Not sure my friend, I think the band channel their monies through Holland (or did in the past).

But then he is an artist and they already benefit from sizeable tax exemptions in Ireland anyway so he is quids in as such, for a ****.

Adam Clayton, the English bass guitar player, is basically my neighbour so when I next see him I shall ask.

redgunamo
11-07-2017, 10:39 AM
bullying street beggars, and all.

'Huge' charitable donations are an avoidance of tax not generally an act of altruism.

Merely being in a position to give anything away makes people feel better though, as if they really are top man and doing quite nicely. The reality is often quite different though admittedly :-\

redgunamo
11-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Not sure my friend, I think the band channel their monies through Holland (or did in the past).

But then he is an artist and they already benefit from sizeable tax exemptions in Ireland anyway so he is quids in as such, for a ****.

Adam Clayton, the English bass guitar player, is basically my neighbour so when I next see him I shall ask.

I didn't know he was English. And I even bought the Boy and October LP's when they were released :homer:

Peter
11-07-2017, 10:55 AM
I don't subscribe to any myself and am forced to run the gauntlet of street collecting ****s each day on Wicklow Street, South William Street and the street down by Peter's Pub. It is only the gift of headphones and loud music that saves all involved from a very unsavoury incident.

Most charities spend **** all on their actual front line cause and most of your money goes to paying for lunches to lobby MPs, celebrity dinners etc......**** the lot of them. I give a couple of quid to the homeless guy on the street. He knows what to do with it.

redgunamo
11-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Most charities spend **** all on their actual front line cause and most of your money goes to paying for lunches to lobby MPs, celebrity dinners etc......**** the lot of them. I give a couple of quid to the homeless guy on the street. He knows what to do with it.

:nono: They just buy cheap drink with it.

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry :homer:

Peter
11-07-2017, 11:06 AM
:nono: They just buy cheap drink with it.

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry :homer:

What do you think I was going to do with it?

redgunamo
11-07-2017, 11:25 AM
What do you think I was going to do with it?

gpwm. After all, it's all about sharing the plenitude, ain't it.

TheCurly
11-07-2017, 12:08 PM
"The only way to change things is to shoot men who arrange things" K.Rowland June 1980
Word.

7sisters
11-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Can we have a leak regarding the tax affairs of black cab drivers? I believe this would reveal that they declare average earnings of about 15 quid a week.

and yet. If any of us were paid a large proportion of our income in cash. Just how much of that would we honestly declare ?

Ash
11-07-2017, 01:24 PM
"The only way to change things is to shoot men who arrange things" K.Rowland June 1980
Word.

Curly sighting!

I read that as J K Rowling at first. Then I looked again.

TheCurly
11-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Curly sighting!

I read that as J K Rowling at first. Then I looked again.

I'm all good old friend.Thought I'd pop in and see if any of you ****s were dead

Sir C
11-07-2017, 01:36 PM
I'm all good old friend.Thought I'd pop in and see if any of you ****s were dead

I'm dead. :wave:

TheCurly
11-07-2017, 01:39 PM
I'm dead. :wave:

May Allah grant His peace upon your cold rotting flesh old chum

Sir C
11-07-2017, 01:44 PM
May Allah grant His peace upon your cold rotting flesh old chum

He didn't even grant me my virgins, c.

TheCurly
11-07-2017, 01:51 PM
He didn't even grant me my virgins, c.

We picked the wrong all-powerful won sc.
Worship the pasta collander head one before it's too late.no-one puts the flying spaghetti monster in the corner

Sir C
11-07-2017, 01:54 PM
We picked the wrong all-powerful won sc.
Worship the pasta collander head one before it's too late.no-one puts the flying spaghetti monster in the corner

Yes, all hail our noodly master!

I seen that Richard Thomson bloke a couple of weeks ago c. You'd have liked him. Quite the guitar twiddling **** he is, and no mistake.

TheCurly
11-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Yes, all hail our noodly master!

I seen that Richard Thomson bloke a couple of weeks ago c. You'd have liked him. Quite the guitar twiddling **** he is, and no mistake.

Oh I do like the fellow.Me and Ciaran Óg attended the mighty Aslan last Saturday night.Jolly jolly jolly good show.Still can't believe the lad is alive tbh

Sir C
11-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Oh I do like the fellow.Me and Ciaran Óg attended the mighty Aslan last Saturday night.Jolly jolly jolly good show.Still can't believe the lad is alive tbh

Good man. Is he entirely well?

Kieran Og must be bigger than yourself now :-(

TheCurly
11-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Good man. Is he entirely well?

Kieran Og must be bigger than yourself now :-(

He had the bad cancer and it went away for a bit.Back again :-(
The young 'un is 6 of the feet and 4 of the inches tall ffs.So,an inch or so taller.Or thereabouts.

Sir C
11-07-2017, 02:29 PM
He had the bad cancer and it went away for a bit.Back again :-(
The young 'un is 6 of the feet and 4 of the inches tall ffs.So,an inch or so taller.Or thereabouts.

Mother of God. Was your milkman a big fella by any chance c?

TheCurly
11-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Mother of God. Was your milkman a big fella by any chance c?

I believe all young people are giants now sc
Being fed from no age, all this green stuff and what not.Wouldn't know what a tub of lard was tbh.
Brown sauce sandwiches and tatty crips were my staple diet.Still are funny enough

Sir C
11-07-2017, 02:35 PM
I believe all young people are giants now sc
Being fed from no age, all this green stuff and what not.Wouldn't know what a tub of lard was tbh.
Brown sauce sandwiches and tatty crips were my staple diet.Still are funny enough

Can of Coke, Mars Bar. No egg.

I'm all healthy now c. No drugs, no fags, half the week off the booze. It's making me miserable.

TheCurly
11-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Can of Coke, Mars Bar. No egg.

I'm all healthy now c. No drugs, no fags, half the week off the booze. It's making me miserable.

The whole world is in a terrible state o chassis :-(