PDA

View Full Version : All things considered that was rubbish from us

Tony C
11-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Wenger had a week to prepare the first XI but insteads drops Lacazette to play Coquelin as some wierd centre half / Libero.

Of all the options that was the worse.

You go with your best team..debuchy or per in the back line and Lacazette up front

Fkin Coquelin.

Also don’t think played as well as people are saying...think we played as well as City wanted.

Waste of game

devongunner
11-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Until Kr donkey and AW go we are only going to be fighting for 5th. 52 m for lacazette and he is on the bench.

Their third goal was much further offside than the disallowed lacazette goal from some weeks ago. Shows the bias of the pundits though in the comments. Why does Alan Smith hate Arsenal so much though?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-05-2017, 05:53 PM
The problem Dev, is that replacing Wenger with a top drawer manager will be difficult as they only join clubs that promise the resources needed to implement their plans. Stan doesn't do titles.

The only hope is that years of successive failure to qualify for CL, which is our immediate future, will see thousands of those ghastly 'tourists' drifting away from The Arab-bowl prompting Stan to cut his losses and sell up.

Don't, as the saying goes, hold your breath.

7sisters
11-05-2017, 06:24 PM
The problem Dev, is that replacing Wenger with a top drawer manager will be difficult as they only join clubs that promise the resources needed to implement their plans. Stan doesn't do titles.

The only hope is that years of successive failure to qualify for CL, which is our immediate future, will see thousands of those ghastly 'tourists' drifting away from The Arab-bowl prompting Stan to cut his losses and sell up.

Don't, as the saying goes, hold your breath.

Lester won with far less resources than us and dare I say , the mob down the road are paying their players far less than our prima donnas.

Peter
11-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Lester won with far less resources than us and dare I say , the mob down the road are paying their players far less than our prima donnas.

None of which has anything to do with the baffling decision to play coquelin as a centre back after trying him there on precisely zero occasions in the ****ty cup games.

Absurd.

PSRB
11-06-2017, 10:09 AM
None of which has anything to do with the baffling decision to play coquelin as a centre back after trying him there on precisely zero occasions in the ****ty cup games.

Absurd.

I thought we played pretty well against comfortably the best side in the PL. Didn't get any favours from the officials and deserved a point.

Ash
11-06-2017, 10:16 AM
I thought we played pretty well against comfortably the best side in the PL. Didn't get any favours from the officials and deserved a point.

We still struggle somewhat in keeping possession and playing it out against a pressy team. Speaking of which, Spurs next. :-|

redgunamo
11-06-2017, 10:21 AM
We still struggle somewhat in keeping possession and playing it out against a pressy team. Speaking of which, Spurs next. :-|

I don't really mind all that so long as we win. But there's the rub, I suppose :-\

SWv2
11-06-2017, 10:22 AM

Sorry mate, you're fúcking mental.

PSRB
11-06-2017, 10:23 AM
Sorry mate, you're fúcking mental.

Better team for large parts of the match, 3rd goal killed it when we looked the more like scoring.

SWv2
11-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Better team for large parts of the match, 3rd goal killed it when we looked the more like scoring.

Can I just clarify in case I am totally mis-reading you.

You thought we were the better team for large parts of the match?

PSRB
11-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Can I just clarify in case I am totally mis-reading you.

You thought we were the better team for large parts of the match?

Okay, parts of the match.

SWv2
11-06-2017, 10:53 AM
Okay, parts of the match.

Fúck me mate I am even struggling with that and I am known for my generous nature. People stop me in the street and comment on it.

We started okay but even then their first break had us open and Aguero shot wide, next thing Sane opened us up and Sterling messed up. I’m not sure we had even worked their keeper yet.

The save from Ramsey on 44 minutes and then the goal, that was it. We had the ball at times in the second half but that has to be expected as City won’t or cannot dominate for 90 minutes, even when we did have it we gave it away too easily.

They had the above 2, a terrible attempt at a pass from Sterling to Sane who was then one on one with Cech, at least 2 efforts second half where de Bruyne’s final pass was intercepted, a great save by Cech from Jesus, probably others I can’t recall.

Yes the 3rd was piss poor and it was but 2-1 at the time but all in I thought they just toyed with us. No shame there, they’re a cracking team, they should have given their spend.

PSRB
11-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Fúck me mate I am even struggling with that and I am known for my generous nature. People stop me in the street and comment on it.

We started okay but even then their first break had us open and Aguero shot wide, next thing Sane opened us up and Sterling messed up. I’m not sure we had even worked their keeper yet.

The save from Ramsey on 44 minutes and then the goal, that was it. We had the ball at times in the second half but that has to be expected as City won’t or cannot dominate for 90 minutes, even when we did have it we gave it away too easily.

They had the above 2, a terrible attempt at a pass from Sterling to Sane who was then one on one with Cech, at least 2 efforts second half where de Bruyne’s final pass was intercepted, a great save by Cech from Jesus, probably others I can’t recall.

Yes the 3rd was piss poor and it was but 2-1 at the time but all in I thought they just toyed with us. No shame there, they’re a cracking team, they should have given their spend.

Think you're being overly harsh, decent away performance that wasn't helped by Ramsey being awful and Sanchez taking either the wrong option or just giving the ball away when in very good positions.

7sisters
11-06-2017, 11:03 AM

But here’s the thing. They were largely the same 11,from last season, including Oatcakes and Stones at the back. They added Sane, we had lacassette. For some reason, we opted to bench our 50m man. As you say, men v boys. Wenger never learns or moves us forwards..

Ash
11-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Think you're being overly harsh, decent away performance that wasn't helped by Ramsey being awful and Sanchez taking either the wrong option or just giving the ball away when in very good positions.

Alexis was responsible for 23 wasted possessions, according to 7amkickoff. I doubt he passed his Man City audition with that show. Why would Pep pick a player who does that when his team are all about retaining possession, not giving it away?

Unless, of course, Pep's skillz include managing divas and getting them to do what the teams needs, rather than what they want.

redgunamo
11-06-2017, 11:30 AM

We were never really in danger of winning, I think, and with our record in such games, it's difficult to argue that we deserved anything.

redgunamo
11-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Alexis was responsible for 23 wasted possessions, according to 7amkickoff. I doubt he passed his Man City audition with that show. Why would Pep pick a player who does that when his team are all about retaining possession, not giving it away?

Unless, of course, Pep's skillz include managing divas and getting them to do what the teams needs, rather than what they want.

Maybe Pep is just trying to banter us off. My idea is that he and Wenger never fancied each other much.

SWv2
11-06-2017, 12:33 PM

I expect him to be sold in January, recoup some monies on the fella to add to the warchest.

Peter
11-06-2017, 12:36 PM

Didn't watch it but the various reports I have read suggest you might be a bit wrong.

Overall we should be happy to come away without a thrashing. They are miles ahead of us...literally miles.

Peter
11-06-2017, 12:37 PM
I expect him to be sold in January, recoup some monies on the fella to add to the warchest.

The decision to keep him in the summer is looking worse every week. Up there with one of Wenger' worst.

PSRB
11-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Didn't watch it but the various reports I have read suggest you might be a bit wrong.

Overall we should be happy to come away without a thrashing. They are miles ahead of us...literally miles.

Plenty (well, a couple), will play worse away from home and get something. I really didn't think we were that bad. Nearly all their chances came from us giving the ball away stupidly.

SWv2
11-06-2017, 12:50 PM
Plenty (well, a couple), will play worse away from home and get something. I really didn't think we were that bad. Nearly all their chances came from us giving the ball away stupidly.

Call me footballistically pedantic but stupidly or carelessly conceding possession on numerous occasions against a team as good as City currently are kind of flies in the face of saying we played well.

The only thing that stopped a possibly silly score was their carelessness as opposed to good play from the chaps in pink and black, one very good block by Cech aside.

Peter
11-06-2017, 01:23 PM

Well that is what we do in every single game and is comfortably our biggest flaw. Everybody we play against knows it.

Not just giving the ball away but doing it when everyone is out of position and doing it in risky areas. We are a very silly side.

PSRB
11-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Call me footballistically pedantic but stupidly or carelessly conceding possession on numerous occasions against a team as good as City currently are kind of flies in the face of saying we played well.

The only thing that stopped a possibly silly score was their carelessness as opposed to good play from the chaps in pink and black, one very good block by Cech aside.

I get you but what I mean is that the players we have are more than good enough to have not made these mistakes and on another day would have created chances rather than than giving the ball to City......I appreciate I'm not explaining myself very well but I know what I mean :-)

The Rob2
11-06-2017, 01:57 PM

Might as well, our title race is over already. EARLY NOVEMBER. FFS

Maybe it will take an embarrassing mid table finish to finally convince these fools that maybe a change is in the best interest of the club