PDA

View Full Version : Fúck my old boots! j is on Twitter complaining that this doesn’t feel like his

Burney
11-03-2017, 02:29 PM
country anymore. This is pretty fúcking rich from a man who was always at pains to deny any association with this country whatsoever and - last time I checked - was ludicrously claiming to be Irish. :hehe:

I would say this to him, but he’s conversing with someone we both follow and I’ve no desire to rudely butt in.

Ash
11-03-2017, 02:32 PM
country anymore. This is pretty fúcking rich from a man who was always at pains to deny any association with this country whatsoever and - last time I checked - was ludicrously claiming to be Irish. :hehe:

I would say this to him, but he’s conversing with someone we both follow and I’ve no desire to rudely butt in.

Is he complaining that a fellow can no longer put his hand on a journalist's knee 15 years ago without losing his job?

Sir C
11-03-2017, 02:34 PM

:hehe: He's always worn his hatred of this country like a badge of honour; but now that hatred has increased?

WHY. LIVE. HERE?

Burney
11-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Is he complaining that a fellow can no longer put his hand on a journalist's knee 15 years ago without losing his job?

No. He’s banging on about EU nurses leaving and calling this a ‘backwards, narrow, hateful little island’. :hehe:

Despite his assurances of 18 months ago, he’s still not planning to leave, though, I notice. :hehe:

Sir C
11-03-2017, 02:38 PM
No. He’s banging on about EU nurses leaving and calling this a ‘backwards, narrow, hateful little island’. :hehe:

Despite his assurances of 18 months ago, he’s still not planning to leave, though, I notice. :hehe:

Ironically, the perfect description of leftists.

Burney
:hehe: He's always worn his hatred of this country like a badge of honour; but now that hatred has increased?

WHY. LIVE. HERE?

Ironically, work (ie the fact that - unlike most of the EU - it’s a good place to run a business, etc) seems to be one reason. :hehe:

Of course, if he had his economic way, that would no longer be the case, but I long since stopped looking for intellectual consistency in his arguments.

Ash

Get back to Ireland then? Or is he waiting for the Irish to pay off their EU-imposed austerity taxes?

Burney
11-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Get back to Ireland then? Or is he waiting for the Irish to pay off their EU-imposed austerity taxes?

I suspect that j believes Ireland to be a place where wise and twinkling old sons of toil sip pints of Guinness while singing Rebel songs around the peat fire and red-haired colleens flirt prettily with you.

I fear the shock of the reality might kill the poor chap.

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Ironically, work (ie the fact that - unlike most of the EU - it’s a good place to run a business, etc) seems to be one reason. :hehe:

Of course, if he had his economic way, that would no longer be the case, but I long since stopped looking for intellectual consistency in his arguments.

looooooooooool.

How does Twitter actually work though? Are people supposed to be different on there?

Burney
11-03-2017, 02:45 PM
looooooooooool.

How does Twitter actually work though? Are people supposed to be different on there?

Oh, no. But it’s funny watching him trot this stuff out to people who haven’t been listening to his unvarnished nonsense for years on here.

‘My country’ indeed! :hehe:

SWv2
11-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Oh, no. But it’s funny watching him trot this stuff out to people who haven’t been listening to his unvarnished nonsense for years on here.

Are you not restricted to 140 characters at a time?

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 02:53 PM

Poor, naive, unsuspecting Twitter :-(

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Are you not restricted to 140 characters at a time?

Wouldn't be the worst idea around here too, as it goes.

Peter
11-03-2017, 03:09 PM

I hate this country and sometimes claim to be Irish.

Its good fun. ;)

Pokster
11-03-2017, 03:13 PM
I hate this country and sometimes claim to be Irish.

Its good fun. ;)

Doesn't b claim to be Irish and seems to hate this country as well :rubchin:

SWv2
11-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Wouldn't be the worst idea around here too, as it goes.

It can be a struggle to get to 10 sometimes tbh.

Ash
11-03-2017, 03:18 PM

And Sir C, the proud Irishman that he is.

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 03:21 PM
And Sir C, the proud Irishman that he is.

I drank a glass of Murphy's once.

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 03:24 PM
I suspect that j believes Ireland to be a place where wise and twinkling old sons of toil sip pints of Guinness while singing Rebel songs around the peat fire and red-haired colleens flirt prettily with you.

I fear the shock of the reality might kill the poor chap.

I didn't know he was a Kubrick fan?

SWv2
11-03-2017, 03:24 PM
I drank a glass of Murphy's once.

In Ireland "a glass" in this sense means a half.

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 03:31 PM
In Ireland "a glass" in this sense means a half.

You haven't had enough porridge this morning to talk like that, pal

Luis Anaconda
11-03-2017, 03:44 PM
You haven't had enough porridge this morning to talk like that, pal

yet weirdly a half here is a pint

Peter
11-03-2017, 03:44 PM

B is Irish but claims to be english and seems to hate Ireland.

Different strokes an all that.

SW is Irish (sort of) and likes Weller.....

Ash
11-03-2017, 03:50 PM

Half a litre?

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Right. It seems to depend where you are. You lot, being farmers and rednecks, get a big, hefty half-gallon in a glass whereas in Düsseldorf and Köln, being more white-collar towns, beer is traditionally served in dinky little half-like glasses.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-03-2017, 03:58 PM

You're right p - SW is the least Irish person here - he's a dubber so indiscernible really from any other urban chav in these islands :-) My credentials stem from my great great grandaddy who was a tinker that came to England and settled. So 1/16th mick but I will claim Irishness whenever it suits.

SWv2
11-03-2017, 04:06 PM

Speaking of which I expect you already new All Mod Cons is 38 years old today.

Immerse yourself in it tonight Pedro.

SWv2
11-03-2017, 04:09 PM
You're right p - SW is the least Irish person here - he's a dubber so indiscernible really from any other urban chav in these islands :-) My credentials stem from my great great grandaddy who was a tinker that came to England and settled. So 1/16th mick but I will claim Irishness whenever it suits.

What in fúcks name is a "dubber"?

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Speaking of which I expect you already new All Mod Cons is 38 years old today.

Immerse yourself in it tonight Pedro.

Yes, that anniversary was trailed last week. The fact is that Weller deserves a lifetime amnesty from criticism for his output with The Jam, especially All Mod Cons.

SWv2
11-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Yes, that anniversary was trailed last week. The fact is that Weller deserves a lifetime amnesty from criticism for his output with The Jam, especially All Mod Cons.

Thank you R, you have brought a tear to my eye (almost).

I shall remember this and forever have your back.

Peter
11-03-2017, 05:05 PM
What in fúcks name is a "dubber"?

Someone from Dublin presumably, which you are not.

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Get back to Ireland then?

:nono: "kids/jobs make that hard."

So does being a complete homo, imo.

Peter
11-03-2017, 05:14 PM
:nono: "kids/jobs make that hard."

So does being a complete homo, imo.

True. the Irish are not fond of bummers. I mean, look at SW's attitude towards them. Appalling.

SWv2
11-03-2017, 05:16 PM
True. the Irish are not fond of bummers. I mean, look at SW's attitude towards them. Appalling.

Hold on Pedro, we voted to allow bummers to bum as they like. Our Taoiseach is one.

As a nation we are as bumming friendly, as such, as it goes.

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 05:19 PM

Oh, they love them. Officially.

What they rightly won't tolerate though is people not standing up for themselves and what they believe in and instead choosing to make endless childlike excuses.

SWv2
11-03-2017, 05:26 PM

What they rightly won't tolerate though is people not standing up for themselves and what they believe in and instead choosing to make endless childlike excuses.

:nod:

Pedro. Spineless Liberal that he is.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Someone from Dublin presumably, which you are not.

thought SW was a dub? SW - you can answer that.

Peter
11-03-2017, 05:56 PM
thought SW was a dub? SW - you can answer that.

SW is from the North. The british bit....

Peter
11-03-2017, 06:03 PM
:nod:

Pedro. Spineless Liberal that he is.

It was red that said poofters cant go to Ireland. I merely agreed.

As for spineless liberal, well..... you are way off the mark there. We both know it....

Peter
11-03-2017, 06:04 PM

THey say they like them. You have to, especially if you dont.

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Oh? Anyway, I'm taking the wife out dancing. You know, foxtrot, jitterbug; that sort of thing. There's definitely no homos there. Grr.

Good evening.

THey say they like them. You have to, especially if you dont.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-03-2017, 08:25 PM
SW is from the North. The british bit....

Whaaat! - he's a filthy papist fenian dog?

redgunamo
11-30-2017, 08:41 PM
Thank you R, you have brought a tear to my eye (almost).

I shall remember this and forever have your back.

Oh, and for the acoustic version of "My Ever-changing Moods". :cry: