PDA

View Full Version : Moving away from the semi Spurs love in

SWv2
11-02-2017, 11:16 AM
City v Napoli.

Now there was a hugely enjoyable game of football to watch. Blimey.

:nod:

Sir C
11-02-2017, 11:18 AM
City v Napoli.

I was rather hoping that City would look a bit vulnerable.

:-(

We're going to get gubbed.

Pokster
11-02-2017, 11:23 AM

Ahh, but we expect to get gubbed (as does most of the football world) so if we don't get gubbed it will seem like a moral victory

Ash
11-02-2017, 11:28 AM
City v Napoli.

I watched the first half of Preston North End v Aston Villa.

Two proper old football clubs.

Luis Anaconda
11-02-2017, 11:30 AM

That did involve John Terry though

PSRB
11-02-2017, 11:32 AM
That did involve John Terry though

I was going to say that, as soon as I heard his name I went back to the CL Goals show, which is actually quite good.

SWv2
11-02-2017, 11:46 AM

Well they are a wee bit, Napoli had their chances.

It is primarily when they cross the half-way line in our direction that I may be concerned.

Sir C
11-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Well they are a wee bit, Napoli had their chances.

It is primarily when they cross the half-way line in our direction that I may be concerned.

They are going to gut us like a fish.

Burney
11-02-2017, 11:54 AM

It was shït, wasn't it?

Ash
11-02-2017, 12:06 PM
It was shït, wasn't it?

Yes, because Villa scored twice. I am not a demander of champagne football. I have been to watch Barnet this season, and they are currently about the worst team in the 92. Yet in some ways more enjoyable than The Arsenal.

SWv2
11-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Yes, because Villa scored twice. I am not a demander of champagne football. I have been to watch Barnet this season, and they are currently about the worst team in the 92. Yet in some ways more enjoyable than The Arsenal.

I am known to travel to Dublin 24 to watch Shamrock Rovers, one of if not the most famous football club in the League of Ireland.

Great fun sometimes, and depending on the opposition it can be extremely enjoyable to watch. Then there is the good natured inter-fan banter if you will, as long as one is not easily offended than carry on.

Stress free.

Burney
11-02-2017, 12:17 PM
I am known to travel to Dublin 24 to watch Shamrock Rovers, one of if not the most famous football club in the League of Ireland.

Great fun sometimes, and depending on the opposition it can be extremely enjoyable to watch. Then there is the good natured inter-fan banter if you will, as long as one is not easily offended than carry on.

Stress free.

My father retains an affection for Shamrock Rovers, since a group of their players once prevented him from getting a kicking after he drunkenly drove his car into the stationary vehicle of a courting couple near their ground.

wd Shamrock Rovers

SWv2
11-02-2017, 12:18 PM
My father retains an affection for Shamrock Rovers, since a group of their players once prevented him from getting a kicking after he drunkenly drove his car into the stationary vehicle of a courting couple near their ground.

wd Shamrock Rovers

Indeed, though now that their ground is in Tallaght I can only offer best wishes to any person who crashes into a local's car.

Luis Anaconda
11-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Indeed, though now that their ground is in Tallaght I can only offer best wishes to any person who crashes into a local's car.

I used to have a picture of Limerick FC on my wall - I was intrigued by the fact that Eoin Hand was a player/manager there as well as being manager of Ireland. Can you imagine Liam Brady leaving the Juve lads behind to be trained by this guy who was still playing LoI games. Also the name Eoin fascinated me

SWv2
11-02-2017, 02:24 PM
I used to have a picture of Limerick FC on my wall - I was intrigued by the fact that Eoin Hand was a player/manager there as well as being manager of Ireland. Can you imagine Liam Brady leaving the Juve lads behind to be trained by this guy who was still playing LoI games. Also the name Eoin fascinated me

Sam Allardyce also managed them, before he became Big Sam I think.

And obviously before he was a world class manager.

p.e. Eoin Hand has just had his book published, a decent read of a different era by all accounts.

Luis Anaconda
11-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Sam Allardyce also managed them, before he became Big Sam I think.

And obviously before he was a world class manager.

p.e. Eoin Hand has just had his book published, a decent read of a different era by all accounts.
He was indeed - player manager as well. Gone off them by then. Will look out for the Hand book (see what I did there) - sounds intriguing