PDA

View Full Version : I think I might begin suporting Spurs

World's End Stella
11-02-2017, 08:32 AM
brilliant, young manager, attractive football, group of talented young players who will grow together and win trophies. A manager and owner who don't seem shy of spending money and are committed to winning.

What's not to like? :shrug:

Peter
11-02-2017, 09:14 AM
brilliant, young manager, attractive football, group of talented young players who will grow together and win trophies. A manager and owner who don't seem shy of spending money and are committed to winning.

Committed to winning.....?

PSRB
11-02-2017, 09:21 AM

Harry Kane
Delli Alli
N17
Everything about the club
Not won a trophy for 20 years, not won the league in over 55 years
Beat the worst side (well, defence) to come out of Madrid in living memory
Their fans

Luis Anaconda
11-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Harry Kane
Delli Alli
N17
Their fans
On the up side WES would **** off to Simb - raising the average IQ levels of both boards

Sir C
11-02-2017, 09:26 AM

Makes sense, really. For locals it's not that easy, since we tend to support a club based on an irrational, emotional attachment, but for tourists it makes sense to make an objective decision and go with it.

Have a great time at the Lane. :thumbup:

Pokster
11-02-2017, 09:29 AM

Don't let the door hit you on your arse on the way out... :wave:

Burney
11-02-2017, 09:41 AM

Fair enough. Seems a logical decision. And you can always change again when Spurs become shït.

World's End Stella
11-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Harry Kane
Delli Alli
N17
Their fans

I can't not like Harry Kane. Very, very good player and seems a nice lad.

Alli I will give you. Horrible little c*nt. I hate him almost as much as Aaron Ramsey. :-)

Pokster
11-02-2017, 09:47 AM

:music: Wemberleee, Wemberleee, he's got a sweaty head and he's off to Wemberly

World's End Stella
11-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Committed to winning.....?

Well, more so than a manager who continues to trot out players like Ramsey week after week after week...

Burney
11-02-2017, 09:52 AM
:music: Wemberleee, Wemberleee, he's got a sweaty head and he's off to Wemberly

:music:

WES is on his way to Wemberly
Tottenham can put up with the pain
All the gooners will be singing
When WES fücks off to the Lane

World's End Stella
11-02-2017, 09:54 AM

WES is on his way to Wemberly
Tottenham can put up with the pain
All the gooners will be singing
When WES fücks off to the Lane

Finally, an Arsenal song about little ole me :cloud9:

PSRB
11-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Well, more so than a manager who continues to trot out players like Ramsey week after week after week...

3 FA Cups in 4 years......

Sir C
11-02-2017, 10:10 AM

Two of which were achieved courtesy of winning goals from...

Peter
11-02-2017, 10:42 AM

Who would you hate at Spurs? they must have a **** player who gets picked far too often. Everyone does.

Peter
11-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Fair enough. Seems a logical decision. And you can always change again when Spurs become shït.

Do we have any information yet on when that might be?

Burney
11-02-2017, 10:45 AM

No, but it will happen - as well you know.

World's End Stella
11-02-2017, 10:50 AM

I'd quite happily exchange several of those to have a meaningful league game in late April or May*. Can't remember the last time that happened.

*Note that games leading to a 4th place finish are not meaningful imo.

Ash
11-02-2017, 10:57 AM

There is an argument that perhaps they only have this season and next to win something big, and if they don't then it could get harder for them. The manager and best players will probably want to do the first season at the Naming Rights but unless Daniel knows where the bodies are buried, those players won't want to be slumming it on the mere 60-80k a week or whatever they get over there, when they could be cashing in elsewhere. Also, the club will have an £800m stadium to pay for.

If the win the league or CL this season or next though, we could be in big trouble.

Ash
11-02-2017, 11:00 AM
I'd quite happily exchange several of those to have a meaningful league game in late April or May*. Can't remember the last time that happened.

*Note that games leading to a 4th place finish are not meaningful imo.

You'd trade in three FA Cups to have a chance of finishing second.

Not much of a Spurs fan, are you?

Burney
11-02-2017, 11:01 AM
You'd trade in three FA Cups to have a chance of finishing second.

Not much of a Spurs fan, are you?

:hehe: vg a

SWv2
11-02-2017, 11:14 AM

Delle Alli.

A **** in all likelihood. A serial diver at this point, and then there is the head on him.

Not a lover of modern footballers by any stretch but I actually dislike this sham.

barrybueno
11-02-2017, 12:22 PM

And a brand new super duper stadium on the way. Ah hold on, that's when it all goes tits up judging by that other lot down the road...

Rich
11-02-2017, 01:18 PM

I have been considering Chelsea, tbh. Their fans aren’t all that but I frequent Parsons Green more than many other areas of London (especially Islington).

Of course, when Kroenke goes and we get an owner that spends money on players I will bin them off.

Ash
11-02-2017, 01:34 PM
I have been considering Chelsea, tbh. Their fans aren’t all that but I frequent Parsons Green more than many other areas of London (especially Islington).

Of course, when Kroenke goes and we get an owner that spends money on players I will bin them off.

How long will it be till he dies, Rich? Then it'll be Josh's turn. We'll all be dead before Arsenal is de-Kroenkefied.

Burney
11-02-2017, 01:39 PM
How long will it be till he dies, Rich? Then it'll be Josh's turn. We'll all be dead before Arsenal is de-Kroenkefied.

Not Sir C. He’s gonna live forever.

Pokster
11-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Not Sir C. He’s gonna live forever.

But think how much just for men will make out of him..... free money imo

Sir C
11-02-2017, 01:45 PM
But think how much just for men will make out of him..... free money imo

My beard is about 40% grey, yet I have exactly 2 grey heairs on my head. I find this strange.

Burney
11-02-2017, 01:47 PM
My beard is about 40% grey, yet I have exactly 2 grey heairs on my head. I find this strange.

So does everyone else, old chap :sherlock: ;-)

Pokster
11-02-2017, 01:51 PM

I have 2 hairs on my head

Sir C
11-02-2017, 01:52 PM
I have 2 hairs on my head

You've had a transplant? Congratulations, p!

Pokster
11-02-2017, 02:02 PM
You've had a transplant? Congratulations, p!

how rude.... I only lost my hair because your mum used to pluck one every time I shagged her

Rich
11-02-2017, 03:32 PM

It is all a bit depressing, isn't it? I don't hold it against the Kroenke family for they have simply made a long-term business investment. However, I wouldn't exactly call it exciting for the fans.

11-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Can't remember the last time that happened.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-02-2017, 05:30 PM
It is all a bit depressing, isn't it? I don't hold it against the Kroenke family for they have simply made a long-term business investment. However, I wouldn't exactly call it exciting for the fans.

I despise him Rich. He squats on this sacred football club like an enormous, self-satisfied parasitic slug. I should like to set fire to that ridiculous wig and immolate the ****'s head.

Rich
11-03-2017, 08:13 AM
I despise him Rich. He squats on this sacred football club like an enormous, self-satisfied parasitic slug. I should like to set fire to that ridiculous wig and immolate the ****'s head.

But he hasn't done anything wrong, Herbs. He is a businessman and so long as the stadium is full, the season ticket list long and Arsenal in the top six, he's happy.

Fans will have different definitions of success but they will typically involve the team's on-pitch exploits. This is not what an owner thinks as for them, it's a long term investment and there is no emotive connection to the football on the pitch.

SWv2
11-03-2017, 09:42 AM
]But he hasn't done anything wrong[/B], Herbs. He is a businessman and so long as the stadium is full, the season ticket list long and Arsenal in the top six, he's happy.

Fans will have different definitions of success but they will typically involve the team's on-pitch exploits. This is not what an owner thinks as for them, it's a long term investment and there is no emotive connection to the football on the pitch.

I find myself in agreement with you Dick.

In essence one of the saddest days of my life which has included family bereavements and the scuffing of brand new Adidas.

Actually hold on, the decision to renew AW's contract in the summer will have come from the very top so he has fúcked up. Hurrah.

Peter
11-03-2017, 09:48 AM
But he hasn't done anything wrong, Herbs. He is a businessman and so long as the stadium is full, the season ticket list long and Arsenal in the top six, he's happy.

I did find that interview with them quite amusing. They kept saying 'look at our record' as though that would reassure supporters. I havent done a great deal of research on this but as I understand it their record is of making long term investments in sports franchises and turning them into utterly mediocre performers on the pitch.

World's End Stella
11-03-2017, 09:54 AM
I did find that interview with them quite amusing. They kept saying 'look at our record' as though that would reassure supporters. I havent done a great deal of research on this but as I understand it their record is of making long term investments in sports franchises and turning them into utterly mediocre performers on the pitch.

You lot shouldn't give a toss about any of this. It's the least of your troubles.

Wait until that senile French tw@t trots out Xhaka and Ramsey in midfield away to City on Sunday. Now that's worth worrying about.

Thanks god I support Spurs now. :nod:

SWv2
11-03-2017, 10:04 AM

I am no fan of the Yankee but equally I am unsure what exactly he can be accused of having done wrong.

The manager has been backed financially over recent years, perhaps not as much as some may want but the money has been there. If you think Mustafi is **** or that Xhaka has been a let-down then you cannot blame SK on this. Summer 2017 and the whole Sanchez/Lemar debacle was like a football Carry On movie but then again not sure that is down to the Yankee.

Ash
11-03-2017, 10:08 AM
I am no fan of the Yankee but equally I am unsure what exactly he can be accused of having done wrong.

The manager has been backed financially over recent years, perhaps not as much as some may want but the money has been there. If you think Mustafi is **** or that Xhaka has been a let-down then you cannot blame SK on this. Summer 2017 and the whole Sanchez/Lemar debacle was like a football Carry On movie but then again not sure that is down to the Yankee.

I don't think one can demand that the manager is replaced without blaming the man whose responsibility it is to replace him.

SWv2
11-03-2017, 10:18 AM
I don't think one can demand that the manager is replaced without blaming the man whose responsibility it is to replace him.

To quote myself from earlier:

"Actually hold on, the decision to renew AW's contract in the summer will have come from the very top so he has fúcked up. Hurrah. "

Rich
11-03-2017, 10:28 AM

But why would he replace AW? He is the best man to deliver good business results for Kroenke. If you think that Stan his motivated by shiny silver pots (other than the commercial windfall it may bring) then you are mistaken, I'm afraid.

If you were CEO of your own business and your MD was delivering fantastic revenue streams, keeping a long customer list going and looking to expand into new markets that were rich in potential, would you replace him?

SWv2
11-03-2017, 10:36 AM
But why would he replace AW? He is the best man to deliver good business results for Kroenke. If you think that Stan his motivated by shiny silver pots (other than the commercial windfall it may bring) then you are mistaken, I'm afraid.

If you were CEO of your own business and your MD was delivering fantastic revenue streams, keeping a long customer list going and looking to expand into new markets that were rich in potential, would you replace him?

Therein being the essence of the complaint, naye revolution.

He is content with doing enough. We all suspect we could be doing more, perhaps a lot more. Ultimately elite level football clubs should exist to win trophies, the whole revenue stream thing will flow as a natural consequence of this.

Rich
11-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Therein being the essence of the complaint, naye revolution.

He is content with doing enough. We all suspect we could be doing more, perhaps a lot more. Ultimately elite level football clubs should exist to win trophies, the whole revenue stream thing will flow as a natural consequence of this.

As a fan, I agree. But the fact is that owners make the decisions and the fact is that the owner is not a fan but an investor. It doesn't make sense for him to try and change things when his business is doing very well indeed.

Pokster
11-03-2017, 10:45 AM
As a fan, I agree. But the fact is that owners make the decisions and the fact is that the owner is not a fan but an investor. It doesn't make sense for him to try and change things when his business is doing very well indeed.

Yes and No, as sw says, winning trophy's will generate extra income and increase profits.... but SK has a history of his teams not winning things and him not investing in them to win things... American sport is different to UK sports, no relegation, guaranteed income no matter what.

SK out (and take AW with you)

Ash
11-03-2017, 11:27 AM

This is the problem when football is treated as just another business. It isn't, because normal business doesn't have customers with quite such an irrational and permanent emotional affiliation with the *cough* brand *vomit*.

Our club should have custodians, not capitalists. Of course we did, but the traitors sold out for their 30 pieces of silver.

Burney
11-03-2017, 11:29 AM
This is the problem when football is treated as just another business. It isn't, because normal business doesn't have customers with quite such an irrational and permanent emotional affiliation with the *cough* brand *vomit*.

Our club should have custodians, not capitalists. Of course we did, but the traitors sold out for their 30 pieces of silver.

I think it was a bit more than that, a.

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Yes and No, as sw says, winning trophy's will generate extra income and increase profits.... but SK has a history of his teams not winning things and him not investing in them to win things... American sport is different to UK sports, no relegation, guaranteed income no matter what.

SK out (and take AW with you)

Right. But we already make plenty of money, albeit through television deals rather than winning trophies, and the best manager we've ever had is already in place. So, why change anything.

Also, we mustn't forget that Wenger's magical (in football anyway) ability to balance the transfer fees & players' wages books was the reason we hired Him in the first place; nothing to do with Kroenke.

Peter
11-03-2017, 11:38 AM

Well we dont know what some of our strange summer behaviours are down to. Nevertheless, strange they have been.....

I wasnt specifically criticising him, just pointing out that his record in ownership is not one that would have a fan salivating......

Rich
11-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Right. But we already make plenty of money, albeit through television deals rather than winning trophies, and the best manager we've ever had is already in place. So, why change anything.

Also, we mustn't forget that Wenger's magical (in football anyway) ability to balance the transfer fees & players' wages books was the reason we hired Him in the first place; nothing to do with Kroenke.

Basically we need that chap in Africa to come and offer Kroenke about £2billion for the club and then run it as his plaything. At least that is what we all want, anyway.

For me it doesn't matter, though. I am now a Chelsea/AFCB fan and they both have owners that don't care about spending money on players. Wd Russians

Rich
11-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Well we dont know what some of our strange summer behaviours are down to. Nevertheless, strange they have been.....

I wasnt specifically criticising him, just pointing out that his record in ownership is not one that would have a fan salivating......

Ivan said at the AGM that it's the media's fault that our summers have read like a circus script. Perhaps what we believe was going on wasn't happening at all and Arsene/Ivan have been quite content with the squad.

redgunamo
11-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Basically we need that chap in Africa to come and offer Kroenke about £2billion for the club and then run it as his plaything. At least that is what we all want, anyway.

For me it doesn't matter, though. I am now a Chelsea/AFCB fan and they both have owners that don't care about spending money on players. Wd Russians

R, if Africans are the solution, you're buggered anyway. Everybody knows that.