PDA

View Full Version : Quite enjoying Mindhunter. Do you have that show; it's on netflix.

eastgermanautos
10-30-2017, 10:35 AM
True detective meets zodiac kind of thingie.

Pat Vegas
10-30-2017, 10:36 AM
my netflix only seems to have **** documentaries about being Vegan.

Burney
10-30-2017, 10:41 AM

Yeah, I quite like it. Although I wish his tedious, unsmiling girlfriend would fück off.

Sir C
10-30-2017, 10:43 AM

I wish I could work out how netflix works.

Burney
10-30-2017, 10:44 AM
I wish I could work out how netflix works.

I have a button for it on my remote. I press it and it appears.

Mind you, its categories do seem almost wilfully shït and difficult to explore.

Sir C
10-30-2017, 10:45 AM

My TV is 5 or 6 years old, I suppose. It must be time for a new one.

Pat Vegas
10-30-2017, 10:47 AM

:nod: I don't like it. It is actually not obvious where to find the search bit.
I am sure there is stuff on there I'd like to watch but I never use it.

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2017, 10:50 AM
:nod: I don't like it. It is actually not obvious where to find the search bit.
I am sure there is stuff on there I'd like to watch but I never use it.

I only use it on my iPad but I would suggest the big button marked search is fairly good place to start

Burney
10-30-2017, 10:56 AM
I only use it on my iPad but I would suggest the big button marked search is fairly good place to start

If you know what you're looking for, that's fine. If you just want to browse to find something you might like, it's weirdly bad.

For instance, there's no 'War movie' category. What the fück is that all about?

Pat Vegas
10-30-2017, 11:02 AM

That may seem obvious LA. But when you open it up on the TV it just has rows of different genres to scroll through. You actually have to either scroll all the way up or down (can't remember) to find the search option.

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2017, 11:21 AM
If you know what you're looking for, that's fine. If you just want to browse to find something you might like, it's weirdly bad.

It is **** - I basically get the same suggestions in loads of different categories

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2017, 11:22 AM
That may seem obvious LA. But when you open it up on the TV it just has rows of different genres to scroll through. You actually have to either scroll all the way up or down (can't remember) to find the search option.
Yes, sorry. It does seem more complicated on the TV. I tried using it the other day (and there are far fewer shows on German NetfLix I think)

Ash
10-30-2017, 11:22 AM

It would be rather irresponsible of them to encourage toxic masculinity, don't you think?

Trying to find something in the iPlayer download on my Sky box is annoying. I can find what's been on this week, but can't access the rest of the series without going into the archive of absolutely everything and paging through from A-Z.

Ash
10-30-2017, 11:26 AM
Oh, and another thing. If I record something onto the Sky Box it stays as long as I want. If I download from the iPlayer it goes and bloody deletes it three weeks after it was on telleh. This happened to the Vietnam series after I'd only watched the first episode and I was quite CROSS. On the same day my phone line went down so I won't be able to watch from episode three either.

Beeb Out!

Burney
10-30-2017, 11:27 AM
It would be rather irresponsible of them to encourage toxic masculinity, don't you think?

Trying to find something in the iPlayer download on my Sky box is annoying. I can find what's been on this week, but can't access the rest of the series without going into the archive of absolutely everything and paging through from A-Z.

Yes. There's some real gems in the documentary list, but you have to scroll all the way through to find out what they are.

PSRB
10-30-2017, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I quite like it. Although I wish his tedious, unsmiling girlfriend would fück off.

The Expanse is excellent, if you like sci-fi stuff