PDA

View Full Version : I really need a new hobby, I just don't understand this game.

Sir C
10-30-2017, 09:14 AM
Spurs, who are everything that's wonderful and by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, with the best manager in history and a striker ten times better than Pele, have 20 points from 10 games.

Arsenal, in crisis due to being absolutely shíte, managed by a senile old man with a team full of utter pussies, have 19 points from 10 games.

It's amazing how much difference that 1 point makes, isn't it?

Pokster
10-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Spurs, who are everything that's wonderful and by far the greatest team the world has ever seen, with the best manager in history and a striker ten times better than Pele, have 20 points from 10 games.

Arsenal, in crisis due to being absolutely shíte, managed by a senile old man with a team full of utter pussies, have 19 points from 10 games.

That was last week, since then we have won 2 games and they have lost 2. they are obviously a 1 man team while we are fighters. this will obviously change next weekend when we get smashed at man City

Pokster
10-30-2017, 09:25 AM

Did you see that nice house for sale in the Cotswolds with it's own landing strip..... got your name on it

Burney
10-30-2017, 09:26 AM

I've actually bothered watching the last two Match of the Days and am now therefore an expert on the league. So here goes:

There is only one really good side in it and that's City. Everyone else is distinctly meh. FACT

Peter
10-30-2017, 09:31 AM

We are in the clutch of a crisis of consistency, Sir C.

Sir C
10-30-2017, 09:31 AM
Did you see that nice house for sale in the Cotswolds with it's own landing strip..... got your name on it

I didn't see that, no.

My guess is that, in the Cotswolds, it might fall outside my budget :-(

Sir C
10-30-2017, 09:32 AM
We are in the clutch of a crisis of consistency, Sir C.

Consistent enough to achive 19 points, though.

Spurs, of course, have been consistent enough to achieve 20 points. That's much, much more consistent than us.

Rich
10-30-2017, 09:37 AM
That was last week, since then we have won 2 games and they have lost 2. they are obviously a 1 man team while we are fighters. this will obviously change next weekend when we get smashed at man City

Oh, we have Man City, do we? That'll be fun. Poor old Per... I can't imagine he's looking forward to it.

Pokster
10-30-2017, 09:46 AM
I didn't see that, no.

My guess is that, in the Cotswolds, it might fall outside my budget :-(

Ł1.5m which sounded cheap... didn't see how much work it needed doing on it though...

Peter
10-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Consistent enough to achive 19 points, though.

Spurs, of course, have been consistent enough to achieve 20 points. That's much, much more consistent than us.

I mean we are too consistent. Consistently not quite good enough to do anything meaningful.

If Spurs are still having the same season every year in ten years time they will start to get restless.

Peter
10-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Ł1.5m which sounded cheap... didn't see how much work it needed doing on it though...

Well within budget for Sir C. Chicken feed, one might say.

Sir C
10-30-2017, 09:54 AM
Well within budget for Sir C. Chicken feed, one might say.

:nono: When I eventually move oop norf I'm paying no more than 1 mill.

I reckon that should get me Cumbria and a bit of West Yorkshire.

Ash
10-30-2017, 09:57 AM
:nono: When I eventually move oop norf I'm paying no more than 1 mill.

I reckon that should get me Cumbria and a bit of West Yorkshire.

You'll certainly get Barnsley, Huddersfield and Halifax.

Ash
10-30-2017, 09:57 AM
I mean we are too consistent. Consistently not quite good enough to do anything meaningful.

If Spurs are still having the same season every year in ten years time they will start to get restless.

We *are* having a different season. Last season we beat Stoke away and lost at Chelsea.

Sir C
10-30-2017, 09:58 AM

Did you check out the vaping options, a?

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2017, 10:03 AM
Three quarters of Barnstoneworth United's back four?

Ash
10-30-2017, 10:06 AM
Did you check out the vaping options, a?

Afraid not. My phone line is down at home so I have no interwebs. Also, I just read a post by Floyd saying that I might catch uphill gardening if I vape, which wouldn't do at all.

Burney
10-30-2017, 10:07 AM
Afraid not. My phone line is down at home so I have no interwebs. Also, I just read a post by Floyd saying that I might catch uphill gardening if I vape, which wouldn't do at all.

Talking of gardening, I've got a conservatory full of butternut squash. Does anyone want any? It's starting to look quite sinister.

Ash
10-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Three quarters of Barnstoneworth United's back four?

:hehe:

I think that's their back three this year in fact. They're up with the zeitgeist.

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2017, 10:13 AM
:hehe:

I think that's their back three this year in fact. They're up with the zeitgeist.

Of course - Jorge is probably managing them

Sir C
10-30-2017, 10:15 AM
Talking of gardening, I've got a conservatory full of butternut squash. Does anyone want any? It's starting to look quite sinister.

Bleeurgh. Nasty stuff. You didn't grow it, did you?

The glw required sweet potato mash the other day. Obviously I complied. Bleeurgh again. What is it with eating sweet things with dinner? I don't get it.

Burney
10-30-2017, 10:18 AM

The glw required sweet potato mash the other day. Obviously I complied. Bleeurgh again. What is it with eating sweet things with dinner? I don't get it.

I did. I only got my allotment in late April, so it was a question of what I could grow in the time available. I now have about 50 of the fücking things hardening up and looking like extreme sex toys.

It makes excellent soup with just a little curry powder or smoked paprika to help it along. It's also quite nice stuffed into ravioli.

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2017, 10:22 AM

:hehe: I may have deeply offended an American chef yesterday when he was telling me about cooking the perfect Thanksgiving dinner and mentioned sweet potatoes. I think I stopped ranting about how they were essentially the devil's food about 20 minutes later (this was at the end of a very long evening)

Burney
10-30-2017, 10:24 AM
:hehe: I may have deeply offended an American chef yesterday when he was telling me about cooking the perfect Thanksgiving dinner and mentioned sweet potatoes. I think I stopped ranting about how they were essentially the devil's food about 20 minutes later (this was at the end of a very long evening)

They're not potatoes and shouldn't be allowed to masquerade as such, la. :-(

Americans also eat something called 'candied yams' with their dinner. I've no idea what these are, but they sound utterly disgusting.

Sir C
10-30-2017, 10:25 AM

'American chef' :hehe: Americans know nothing of food, la, beyond their skill with beefburgers and barbecued meats.

See: pancakes with syrup and bacon for brekfast. 'Grits'. Corn-fed beef.

Sir C
10-30-2017, 10:26 AM

Americans also eat something called 'candied yams' with their dinner. I've no idea what these are, but they sound utterly disgusting.

Yams are sweet potatoes, b, so we must assume they take the sweet potato and sweeten it even further. :-(

These people are animals.

Burney
10-30-2017, 10:28 AM
'American chef' :hehe: Americans know nothing of food, la, beyond their skill with beefburgers and barbecued meats.

I've just looked up 'candied yams'. They brush yams or sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar and top them with marshmallows. They then eat these with their main meal.

I'm not even joking

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/26482/candied-yams/

What is actually wrong with these fücking people? :-(

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2017, 10:28 AM

Yes - that formed quite a large part of my argument. Candied yams are actually making me feel sick already

Luis Anaconda
10-30-2017, 10:29 AM

He was actually an Army chef - he does also do a decent bacon and egg bap, though

Pokster
10-30-2017, 11:04 AM

And still have a million quid

JohnJensen
10-30-2017, 01:32 PM
Think it will be more than a 1 point gap by the end of the season, they are simply too good.