PDA

View Full Version : So the Catalan Parliament has voted to declare independence, while the Spanish

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Senate has just given Madrid the power to remove Catalan president, suspend ministers and take control of region’s public media/police/finances.

Popcorn

Ash
10-27-2017, 02:52 PM
Senate has just given Madrid the power to remove Catalan president, suspend ministers and take control of region’s public media/police/finances.

Popcorn

Nice to see that both sides are doing their best to calm things down.

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:54 PM
Nice to see that both sides are doing their best to calm things down.

The fun bit will be seeing if the scotch decide to publicly recognise Catalonia as an independent state. Not that that would have any actual diplomatic weight, of course, but the SNP will look right cvnts if they don't :hehe:

Tony C
10-27-2017, 03:02 PM
Would expect the Spanish tanks to role in soon...they should set up camp in the Nou Camp imo :nod:

Ash
10-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Would expect the Spanish tanks to role in soon...they should set up camp in the Nou Camp imo :nod:

Chuck 'em out the league. See how they get on without most of the Spanish TV money.

Tony C
10-27-2017, 03:05 PM
And deport Messi...you need to break their hearts imo

Burney
10-27-2017, 03:10 PM
Chuck 'em out the league. See how they get on without most of the Spanish TV money.

At least if there were a war, it would give the lie to that tedious EU nonsense about keeping the continent peaceful for 50 years.

Burney
10-27-2017, 03:11 PM
And deport Messi...you need to break their hearts imo

Will Cesc go back to fight for his homeland?

Of course not. He has proved he has no loyalty, honour or decency.

7sisters
10-27-2017, 03:11 PM

Popcorn

You have to wonder how long before it all kicks off in Bilbao ?

Burney
10-27-2017, 03:14 PM
You have to wonder how long before it all kicks off in Bilbao ?

Yes. Johnny Basque must be thinking that Johnny Catalan has rather stolen his thunder.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 03:19 PM
Will Cesc go back to fight for his homeland?

Of course not. He has proved he has no loyalty, honour or decency.

Can't see the skinny, duplicitous little boss-eyed pikey making much of a soldier anyway! :shots fired:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 03:23 PM
Had a little tour around green Spain and the Basque region recently and was aghast at the money those surly, miserabalist ****s have had thrown at them to keep them quiet.

Every small mountain village has brand new, stone built sports facilities and a theatre and an olympic swimming pool yaddy yaddy and the po-faced ****s don't even make eye contact with you.

Rich
10-27-2017, 03:27 PM
At least if there were a war, it would give the lie to that tedious EU nonsense about keeping the continent peaceful for 50 years.

I'm not sure how much of a war it'd be, mind you. What with with Catalans having no army/air force. Surely it will just be a case of arresting people?

Burney
10-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Had a little tour around green Spain and the Basque region recently and was aghast at the money those surly, miserabalist ****s have had thrown at them to keep them quiet.

Every small mountain village has brand new, stone built sports facilities and a theatre and an olympic swimming pool yaddy yaddy and the po-faced ****s don't even make eye contact with you.

Right. And you know who paid for all that lot, of course?

Burney
10-27-2017, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure how much of a war it'd be, mind you. What with with Catalans having no army/air force. Surely it will just be a case of arresting people?

Where do you imagine the word ‘guerilla’ comes from, r?

Tony C
10-27-2017, 03:32 PM
Basically the reverse of Barca playing one of the smaller clubs imo

Rich
10-27-2017, 03:34 PM

Yes but they may have a few police issued pistols but that's not going to help against 70,000 Spanish army with Heckler & Koch MP5s, is it?

redgunamo
10-27-2017, 03:35 PM

I was inconsolably disappointed by that, as a kid. Just like when I was informed that the teddy bears didn't really meet in the woods occasionally for a picnic :-(

Sir C
10-27-2017, 03:36 PM
Yes but they may have a few police issued pistols but that's not going to help against 70,000 Spanish army with Heckler & Koch MP5s, is it?

Have you ever heard of the Boer War?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 03:37 PM
I expect the noble spaniards refused all help from the EU saying "This is our problem kind senors and we will deal with it".

redgunamo
10-27-2017, 03:38 PM
Have you ever heard of the Boer War?

Oh, no .. Really? That too :cry:

Burney
10-27-2017, 03:43 PM
I was inconsolably disappointed by that, as a kid. Just like when I was informed that the teddy bears didn't really meet in the woods occasionally for a picnic :-(

Yes. Planet of the Apes confused matters, too.

Burney
10-27-2017, 03:47 PM

To be honest, I’d have thought even the Spanish army would be issued with proper assault rifles rather than submachine guns.