PDA

View Full Version : So, as it's Friday, I may drink tonight.

Sir C
10-27-2017, 01:03 PM
The thing is that I'm not particularly fussed. After two weeks of dry midweeks, I seem to have broken the drinking habit and I'm wondering, just wondering... if I didn't drink at all for a week, would I ever drink again? :yikes:

Viva Prat Vegas
10-27-2017, 01:13 PM
I only drink when it gets dark
I cannot wait for the clocks to go back

Burney
10-27-2017, 01:42 PM
The thing is that I'm not particularly fussed. After two weeks of dry midweeks, I seem to have broken the drinking habit and I'm wondering, just wondering... if I didn't drink at all for a week, would I ever drink again? :yikes:

Jesus fvcking wept. Take a long, hard look at yourself, man!

Pat Vegas
10-27-2017, 01:45 PM

I sometimes I didn't smoke for the past 12 hours on this plane or the 2 hours in the airport before hand.
I then proceed to those lovely areas with taxis and shuttle buses whizzing by. and it's a horrible cigarette especially if it's really hot out.

why do I do this? :-(
But if I went to bed and had a lie in I don't think about smoking until I get up.
I don't smoke much though anymore. i turned to vaping :-(

Sir C
10-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Jesus fvcking wept. Take a long, hard look at yourself, man!

I'm really starting to wonder where all this is going to end. :-( A bloke in a meeting the other day was talking about someone smoking and he said, 'I mean it's not 1996 is it? Who even smokes any more?' and I found myself nodding in agreement. :-(

Sir C
10-27-2017, 01:46 PM
I sometimes I didn't smoke for the past 12 hours on this plane or the 2 hours in the airport before hand.
I then proceed to those lovely areas with taxis and shuttle buses whizzing by. and it's a horrible cigarette especially if it's really hot out.

why do I do this? :-(
But if I went to bed and had a lie in I don't think about smoking until I get up.
I don't smoke much though anymore. i turned to vaping :-(

I haven't smoked for 33 days. :-(

Pat Vegas
10-27-2017, 01:47 PM
I'm really starting to wonder where all this is going to end. :-( A bloke in a meeting the other day was talking about someone smoking and he said, 'I mean it's not 1996 is it? Who even smokes any more?' and I found myself nodding in agreement. :-(

I felt like a criminal smoking in San Francisco.
you 'have' to stand at the curb.

Sir C
10-27-2017, 01:48 PM
I only drink when it gets dark
I cannot wait for the clocks to go back

What the fúck do you do in June, dude?

SWv2
10-27-2017, 01:58 PM
I haven't smoked for 33 days. :-(

Well done Sir C.

I actually mean that. Unlike when I say good luck or other such meaningless things.

Sir C
10-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Well done Sir C.

I actually mean that. Unlike when I say good luck or other such meaningless things.

It's no achievement, sw. Vaping takes all the pain away.

ty for your good wishes, though.

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:03 PM

Hmmm. That bloke sounds like a bit of a cvnt, to be honest.

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:05 PM

Oh, and it will end in death. Everything does. The reaper doesn't care how many miles you can run, how long it is since you've smoked, how you no longer consume salt, or how few alcoholic units you have consumed. He will take you all the same.

Ash
10-27-2017, 02:09 PM

How does one go about acquiring the starter kit? I'm worried about going into my local electronic smoking shop and getting the Mel Smith treatment in the Gramophone sketch. :-(

SWv2
10-27-2017, 02:11 PM

It is funny you say that as I passed a few “vapers” on my walk in from Ranelagh through Stephens Green. As I passed them our conversation of earlier this week occurred to me and I mentally quizzed myself about how cool they looked.

To a man, as such, they looked odd as they sucked on a plastic looking device and then exhaled huge plumes of whatever, clearly not smoke. They reminded me, fondly in fact, of chaps with a hash pipe.

Except these people were vaping.

Good for the health, bad for the image. There is your marketing angle.

World's End Stella
10-27-2017, 02:11 PM

I went through this as well, Charles. In order to drop some weight and being slightly concerned about the fact that I had a drink every day, I decided to do dry Mon-Wed. I assumed that once Thu night arrived I would steam in but found in fact that I was quite content with just one or two. I even cut back on Friday as well.

You find the less you drink the less you want to drink, however it doesn't make you want to stop altogether. You start enjoying the feeling of waking up after a good night's sleep from being entirely sober as well the sense of achievement and being healthier than before. Then on the nights you drink, your moderation allows you to enjoy it even more.

So win win basically. Well done, Charles. Keep it up. :thumbup:

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:12 PM
How does one go about acquiring the starter kit? I'm worried about going into my local electronic smoking shop and getting the Mel Smith treatment in the Gramophone sketch. :-(

My wife used these lads. Online, so you're spared bullsh1t. Of course, people (blokes) do get into constructing their own 'tanks' so they can billow out clouds of vapour reeking of cheap sweets. But that's up to you.

https://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/

Pat Vegas
10-27-2017, 02:15 PM

I think I prefer vaping now. It's handy it doesn't smell. definitely cheaper. don't have that heavy feeling on my chest and don't cough much.

The only downside is sometimes you can vape for hours on end without realising.

Sir C
10-27-2017, 02:16 PM

The guy in the shop I went into was a Welsh retard, but it was easy-peasy.

I can link you up to Amazon with the starter kit I use, but you'll still need to get the juice, so it's probably easier to go to the shop anyway. From the shop's point of view they need recruits, so they're probably fine.

Here are linkies anyway:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Innokin-Endura-T18E-Starter-Kit/dp/B01GTKGHCE/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509113687&sr=8-1&keywords=innokin+t18e

https://www.ifancyone.com/product/president-tootin-juice/

Sir C
10-27-2017, 02:18 PM
I went through this as well, Charles. In order to drop some weight and being slightly concerned about the fact that I had a drink every day, I decided to do dry Mon-Wed. I assumed that once Thu night arrived I would steam in but found in fact that I was quite content with just one or two. I even cut back on Friday as well.

You find the less you drink the less you want to drink, however it doesn't make you want to stop altogether. You start enjoying the feeling of waking up after a good night's sleep from being entirely sober as well the sense of achievement and being healthier than before. Then on the nights you drink, your moderation allows you to enjoy it even more.

You realise how smug that sounds, don't you?

I hope we both die.

Pat Vegas
10-27-2017, 02:18 PM

avoid the kits you find in the supermarket they tend to fall apart.

a good cheap one you can find online is a Pocex Aspire.
How much do you smoke a day normally ash? liquids usually come in zero nicotine low medium and high.
i used to use the high but switched to the medium.

World's End Stella
10-27-2017, 02:19 PM

I hope we both die.

Yes, it's best not to mention it to too many people.

Just revel in how healthy and fulfilled we are as human beings now. Unlike people like Burney and Peter. ;-)

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:20 PM
I think I prefer vaping now. It's handy it doesn't smell. definitely cheaper. don't have that heavy feeling on my chest and don't cough much.

The only downside is sometimes you can vape for hours on end without realising.

My wife was vaping in bed this morning. I had to point out to her that she wouldn't have done that with fags, so why would she imagine this was OK? I don't want to be surrounded by the fug of vapour on a Friday morning, thanks. Not to mention the weird and unpleasant sounds the vapestick thing makes. :-(

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:21 PM

I hope we both die.

:nod: It would teach you both a lesson

Sir C
10-27-2017, 02:21 PM

Just revel in how healthy and fulfilled we are as human beings now. Unlike people like Burney and Peter. ;-)

I went out into the world the other day, which doesn't happen so often these days, and the sight of people smoking had no effect on me whatsoever, except to fill me with yearning for a Marlboro Light and deep depression for all those lovely fags left unsmoked :-(

SWv2
10-27-2017, 02:24 PM

Sense of achievement resulting from not getting leathered the previous night?

Perhaps achievement is the wrong word but I do know where you are coming from, the ability to entirely function as a parent on a Sunday morning is quite nice. Not sure it should really be an achievement all the same?

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:25 PM
I went out into the world the other day, which doesn't happen so often these days, and the sight of people smoking had no effect on me whatsoever, except to fill me with yearning for a Marlboro Light and deep depression for all those lovely fags left unsmoked :-(

Also, pal, before you get too pleased with the smelll of your own farts, just bear in mind that some of us actually had the willpower to give up fags yonks ago properly rather than getting by sucking on some synthetic nipple substitute like a big fanny.

Just saying :-)

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 02:27 PM
Oh, and it will end in death. Everything does. The reaper doesn't care how many miles you can run, how long it is since you've smoked, how you no longer consume salt, or how few alcoholic units you have consumed. He will take you all the same.

Salt! What do fúcking mean salt! Am I supposed to stop with the salt now? Nothing will taste of anything anymore :cry: Fúck off world! Fúck off and leave me alone.

Sir C
10-27-2017, 02:28 PM
Also, pal, before you get too pleased with the smelll of your own farts, just bear in mind that some of us actually had the willpower to give up fags yonks ago properly rather than getting by sucking on some synthetic nipple substitute like a big fanny.

Just saying :-)

You were never a smoker, you big girl's pee hole. :shrug:

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Salt! What do fúcking mean salt! Am I supposed to stop with the salt now? Nothing will taste of anything anymore :cry: Fúck off world! Fúck off and leave me alone.

There's nowt wrong with salt if you have functioning kidneys and no underlying blood pressure problems. It can exacerbate high blood pressure, but it doesn't cause it.

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:32 PM
You were never a smoker, you big girl's pee hole. :shrug:

Fvcking well was. You only knew me on my second time around, when I usually only smoked about 10 Marlboro Lights a day (which I admit was pretty gay consumption). Between the ages of 13 and 27, I used to smoke a minimum of 20 Marlboro reds per day, with the usual doubling effect if I was on the p1ss or what have you. Proper smoker back then :nod:

Sir C
10-27-2017, 02:36 PM
Fvcking well was. You only knew me on my second time around, when I usually only smoked about 10 Marlboro Lights a day (which I admit was pretty gay consumption). Between the ages of 13 and 27, I used to smoke a minimum of 20 Marlboro reds per day, with the usual doubling effect if I was on the p1ss or what have you. Proper smoker back then :nod:

You used to do a sort of suspicious duck face in the direction of a Marlboro like a princess approaching a navvie's cóck.

It was a clearly a relief to you to put the fags down and not have to pretend any more :shrug:

Ash
10-27-2017, 02:38 PM
Here are linkies anyway:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Innokin-Endura-T18E-Starter-Kit/dp/B01GTKGHCE/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509113687&sr=8-1&keywords=innokin+t18e

https://www.ifancyone.com/product/president-tootin-juice/

https://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/

Thanks. I'm actually as bad at shopping online as I am in real shops but I'll take a look. :thumbup:

Ash
10-27-2017, 02:40 PM
How much do you smoke a day normally ash? liquids usually come in zero nicotine low medium and high.
i used to use the high but switched to the medium.

Dunno. Rollees you see, so I don't count them. Used to be 25g per week (2 * 12.5g) until the guvmint demanded I buy 30g pouches so now I smoke 30g a week. Well done the anti-smoking nazis. :hehe:

Pat Vegas
10-27-2017, 02:44 PM
Dunno. Rollees you see, so I don't count them. Used to be 25g per week (2 * 12.5g) until the guvmint demanded I buy 30g pouches so now I smoke 30g a week. Well done the anti-smoking nazis. :hehe:

They do have some funny ideas, Though maybe they are winning as it's so much of a bloody hassle with the silly boxes and being locked behind metal doors. I am sure there were plenty of smokers who'd buy a pack of 10 and just smoke that for the day. now they have to buy 20 so all of a sudden perhaps they will smoke 11 or 12 then up to 15 then before you know it they now smoke 20 a day.

However drink as much as you like, they don't even put nutrition info on beers.

Burney
10-27-2017, 02:47 PM
You used to do a sort of suspicious duck face in the direction of a Marlboro like a princess approaching a navvie's cóck.

It was a clearly a relief to you to put the fags down and not have to pretend any more :shrug:

Look, mate, just because you're not man enough to give up cigarettes properly, there's no need to go around projecting your lack of moral fibre onto others.

Ash
10-27-2017, 02:50 PM
However drink as much as you like, they don't even put nutrition info on beers.

Steady on now. First they came for the smokers etc...

It'll end with restrictions on Coca-Cola sales my friend. Mark my words.

Pat Vegas
10-27-2017, 03:11 PM

They will never do anything to the beers for a long time imo. the units thing and the pregnant woman thing will be it for now
Coke will be before that.

I like the idea that the only way to treat a problem is to make the public pay more for it :sherlock:

SWv2
10-27-2017, 03:16 PM

Sugar Tax my friend.

:driving:

Peter
10-27-2017, 03:26 PM

Well, I dont drink or take drugs. I am also a vegan (sometimes). I am down to perfect weight and can walk both up and downstairs like a 20 year old.

Ok, I smoke like a ****ing chimney but.....well, a man has his limits.

Peter
10-27-2017, 03:28 PM

I'll get through 50g a week. That said, I dont smoke half of them. Its a couple of puffs and then chuck it away as I enter a building.

Ash
10-27-2017, 03:56 PM
I'll get through 50g a week. That said, I dont smoke half of them. Its a couple of puffs and then chuck it away as I enter a building.

Do you get the unwanted green rizla packet with yours? As green rizlas are for n00bs (I use silvers) it's a hell of waste as I just have to chuck them away. About fifteen quids worth since they brought in the new laws.

SWv2
10-27-2017, 03:57 PM

Does not surprise me.

Lout.

Peter
10-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Do you get the unwanted green rizla packet with yours? As green rizlas are for n00bs (I use silvers) it's a hell of waste as I just have to chuck them away. About fifteen quids worth since they brought in the new laws.

No, some ghastly own brand ones. I have used them a couple of times when desperate but otherwise chuck them out.

I use blues. Cant get on with the silvers, dont really know why. I think it is because you can see too much of the back through them. Puts me off a bit.

Peter
10-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Does not surprise me.

Lout.

Some of us work for a living and have somewhere to be, Mr Judgemental.