PDA

View Full Version : Old school poll, Awimb: I’m In the pub. Going up for a pint now (Aspall’s cider,

Burney
10-27-2017, 12:28 PM
thanks). What flavour crisps am I buying? This is the range:

Ash
10-27-2017, 12:29 PM
Cheese and Onion. Only honest flavour there imo.

Burney
10-27-2017, 12:32 PM
Cheese and Onion. Only honest flavour there imo.

Oops, tell a lie. There’s also these

Sir C
10-27-2017, 12:35 PM

Roast chicken.

Ash
10-27-2017, 12:36 PM

Or them. :thumbup:

Can one really tell the difference though between Devon and non-Devon beef on a bit of chemically synthesised flavour powder on a crisp?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 12:36 PM

Well I know I'll be reviled and ridiculed but I tried some of those sweet potato crisps t'other night and found them quite delicious.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 12:38 PM
Roast chicken crisps actually smell like, well, fanny*, I'm afraid.

*you mum's of course

Viva Prat Vegas
10-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Ask the barman for Burts because you like the taste of well-hung meat

Sir C
10-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Roast chicken crisps actually smell like, well, fanny*, I'm afraid.

*you mum's of course

You're thinking of prawn cocktail, h. In general fanny terms, anyway. I never smelt your mum's because I couldn't get the dog off it.

Ash
10-27-2017, 12:41 PM
You're thinking of prawn cocktail, h. In general fanny terms, anyway. I never smelt your mum's because I couldn't get the dog off it.

Blimey, that's taken mummage japery to a new level.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-27-2017, 12:41 PM
Prawn Cocktail or Scampi for a womanly scent

Burney
10-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Or them. :thumbup:

Can one really tell the difference though between Devon and non-Devon beef on a bit of chemically synthesised flavour powder on a crisp?

They contain ‘Devon Fore rib extract, apparently. Quite nice.

Sir C
10-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Blimey, that's taken mummage japery to a new level.

ty,a. You're kind.

Burney
10-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Prawn Cocktail or Scampi for a womanly scent

Scamp and lemon Nik-Naks were what we all used to joke smelled like fanny before any of us had actually smelt fanny.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-27-2017, 12:47 PM
I always eat a peppermint and hold my breath

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 12:49 PM

Did you ever in your life c, apart from my mother of course, go into dive mode to enjoy a little feasting and have to retreat because of the pungency of the affair? I did once - french bird - God the stench!

Sir C
10-27-2017, 12:50 PM
Did you ever in your life c, apart from my mother of course, go into dive mode to enjoy a little feasting and have to retreat because of the pungency of the affair? I did once - french bird - God the stench!

I'd imagine that every chap has faced this situation h. The mark of a true gentleman is to grit the teeth and complete the task. :-(

World's End Stella
10-27-2017, 12:51 PM
Cider vinegar and sea salt

There is no other option that one could defend imo

Burney
10-27-2017, 12:51 PM

I did that once with a girl from Wigan. A rich and meaty odour engulfed me and I decided discretion was the better part of valour.

She lectures on physiology in New Zealand now, it seems.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 12:57 PM
I simply pretended to have been overcome with a desire to kiss her navel a couple of times before retreating.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-27-2017, 12:58 PM
That Pipers crisp range uses a pleasing range of hues for their packet design
But they ****ed up by using caramel on their Spicy Tomato one
I would not buy that flavour on principal

Burney
10-27-2017, 12:58 PM
I'd imagine that every chap has faced this situation h. The mark of a true gentleman is to grit the teeth and complete the task. :-(

Not pretend to be terribly interested in her stomach and then ascend gradually to the beasts, pop it in and start banging away, then? :-(

Besides, I’d have thought gritting the teeth could be quite dangerous in that situation?

Burney
10-27-2017, 12:59 PM
I simply pretended to have been overcome with a desire to kiss her navel a couple of times before retreating.

See below. As it were.

Ash
10-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Cider vinegar and sea salt

There is no other option that one could defend imo

Oh, was there a stout, yoemanly salt & vinegar under all that pretence? I missed it, blinded by foodw@nkery.

Sir C
10-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Not pretend to be terribly interested in her stomach and then ascend gradually to the beasts, pop it in and start banging away, then? :-(

Besides, I’d have thought gritting the teeth could be quite dangerous in that situation?

Retreat from a difficult situation? Should we stamp you LMF, perhaps?

Burney
10-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Oh, was there a stout, yoemanly salt & vinegar under all that pretence? I missed it, blinded by foodw@nkery.

:nod: There was also a ready salted masquerading as ‘Sea Salt’

Burney
10-27-2017, 01:03 PM
Retreat from a difficult situation? Should we stamp you LMF, perhaps?

In my defence, I was a mere stripling confronted with my first working-class northern vagina. I’d cut my teeth on Home Counties, public school fannies prior to that.

World's End Stella
10-27-2017, 01:03 PM
:nod: There was also a ready salted masquerading as ‘Sea Salt’

But sea salt is better than salt. and cider vinegar adds additional flavor to regular vinegar, more depth.

I know people like you and Ash hate change/progress with a burning passion, but the reality is that sea salt and cider vinegar crisps are a massive improvement on the traditional version. :shrug:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 01:04 PM
See below. As it were.

Good Lord b. What a splendid coincidence. Now if I can get the hang of not pressing Reply To thread we shall all be a little less confused

Sir C
10-27-2017, 01:08 PM
In my defence, I was a mere stripling confronted with my first working-class northern vagina. I’d cut my teeth on Home Counties, public school fannies prior to that.

A chap needs some time on the front line to harden himself up, as it were.

SWv2
10-27-2017, 01:15 PM
thanks). What flavour crisps am I buying? This is the range:

Chorizo crisps, not just any beef but Devon Beef crisps.

The world is fúcked.

Ash
10-27-2017, 01:16 PM
But sea salt is better than salt. and cider vinegar adds additional flavor to regular vinegar, more depth.

I know people like you and Ash hate change/progress with a burning passion, but the reality is that sea salt and cider vinegar crisps are a massive improvement on the traditional version. :shrug:

:hehe:

Salt is salt is salt. It's all sodium bleeding chloride, mate. Just bigger crystals ground down to the same powder they spray over the crisps. Acetic acid tastes pretty similar whether it comes from apples or grapes. FWIW cider vinegar was the only vinegar on the shelf back in the day anyway, so I doubt Smiths Crisps used something different.

World's End Stella
10-27-2017, 01:19 PM
:hehe:

Salt is salt is salt. It's all sodium bleeding chloride, mate. Just bigger crystals ground down to the same powder they spray over the crisps. Acetic acid tastes pretty similar whether it comes from apples or grapes. FWIW cider vinegar was the only vinegar on the shelf back in the day anyway, so I doubt Smiths Crisps used something different.

Well everyone is entitled to an opinion.

If you think sea salt and standard table salt taste the same I would suggest your taste buds need recalibrating. The same is true of cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar and regular old vinegar as well.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 01:20 PM
I take exception to this slur on such women. The council house tarts I first dined on tended to keep the velvet in pristine condition as they expected to be called into action at a moment's notice at anytime as it were.

The girl I mentioned with the garlic aroma that could level Tacoma could proudly trace her lineage back to french aristocracy and was reading philosophy at The Sorbonne

Burney
10-27-2017, 01:25 PM
I take exception to this slur on such women. The council house tarts I first dined on tended to keep the velvet in pristine condition as they expected to be called into action at a moment's notice at anytime as it were.

The girl I mentioned with the garlic aroma that could level Tacoma could proudly trace her lineage back to french aristocracy and was reading philosophy at The Sorbonne

Yes, h, but you do have to bear in mind that, as a horny-handed son of toil yourself, your sensibilities were bound to be rather less delicate than mine at a similar age. You were almost certainly inured to foul stenches by your childhood clambering over bomb sites, father having his weekly bath in the front parlour, outside privies and spam for dinner.
I was made of more refined stuff and thus ill-prepared for the reeking clunge of a girl who I assume to have been raised mostly on pies.

Rich
10-27-2017, 01:40 PM

I saw prosecco flavoured crisps this week, A.

Rich
10-27-2017, 01:43 PM
Chorizo crisps, not just any beef but Devon Beef crisps.

The world is fúcked.

I really don't understand why billtong hasn't caught on over here. It's by far in a way the best pub snack and you don't have to put up with beef flavour. You could have actual Devonshire Beef billtong.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Well quite b. Having been raised on tripe and onions, the cleft of venus would taste really rather delicate. And don't forget, the maidens in question will have been used to being prepared having been perpetually molested by their cousins and brothers.

SWv2
10-27-2017, 01:53 PM
I really don't understand why billtong hasn't caught on over here. It's by far in a way the best pub snack and you don't have to put up with beef flavour. You could have actual Devonshire Beef billtong.

Because it is fúcking rank?

Chief Arrowhead
10-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Well quite b. Having been raised on tripe and onions, the cleft of venus would taste really rather delicate. And don't forget, the maidens in question will have been used to being prepared having been perpetually molested by their cousins and brothers.

Seems to me this thread could be the inspiration for an aspiring entrepreneur. Vag flavoured crisps! You have your council house vag crisps, Home County Public School crisps, French bourgeois crisps, etc.