PDA

View Full Version : Surely there comes a point where it's not 'sexual assault' so much as 'banter'?

Burney
10-25-2017, 01:48 PM
If this sort of thing's sexual assault, what are we to make of 'Young Mr Grace' in 'Are You Being Served?', ffs?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5014447/Actress-alleges-George-H-W-Bush-sexually-assaulted-her.html

Sir C
10-25-2017, 01:57 PM
If this sort of thing's sexual assault, what are we to make of 'Young Mr Grace' in 'Are You Being Served?', ffs?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5014447/Actress-alleges-George-H-W-Bush-sexually-assaulted-her.html

Did he touch her bot bot?

He's an ex-president of the USA, for God's sake. Surely he's allowed a little feel?

Burney
10-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Did he touch her bot bot?

He's an ex-president of the USA, for God's sake. Surely he's allowed a little feel?

We must assume that's what she means by 'sexually assaulted me from behind' - particularly since the poor auld cünt can't even stand up these days. If you ask me, she ought to feel privileged to be goosed by the last president not to actually dodge a war.

redgunamo
10-25-2017, 02:03 PM

Sexy little slag though, to be fair to the former POTUS.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Wheelchair bound nonagenarians can do as they please, surely? Sort of earned the right and have you seen the woman!. Eyebrows are an accurate barometer to the proliferation of growth down in the lady-garden and this chit is packing some watch springs let me tell you.

Pokster
10-25-2017, 02:07 PM

Yes, but they were free.... a bit like your mum

Burney
10-25-2017, 02:11 PM
Sexy little slag though, to be fair to the former POTUS.

Yes. Like a sort of classy-looking Katy Perry. Also, wearing a short skirt and therefore asking for it :judge:

wd ghw imo

Burney
10-25-2017, 02:12 PM
Wheelchair bound nonagenarians can do as they please, surely? Sort of earned the right and have you seen the woman!. Eyebrows are an accurate barometer to the proliferation of growth down in the lady-garden and this chit is packing some watch springs let me tell you.

I’d agree, h. I certInly intend to be a menace to chambermaids, nurses and similar in the unlikely event I ever achieve such an age.

redgunamo
10-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Yes. Like a sort of classy-looking Katy Perry. Also, wearing a short skirt and therefore asking for it :judge:

wd ghw imo

Indeed. I've deceided the whole nonsense is essentially the revenge of the ugly birds, with a few of their more presentable sisters joining in to make it interesting for the rest of us to look at.

Sir C
10-25-2017, 02:18 PM
Indeed. I've deceided the whole nonsense is essentially the revenge of the ugly birds, with a few of their more presentable sisters joining in to make it interesting for the rest of us to look at.

I would just like to point out, for the benefit of any Thoughtpolice reading, that I entirely disassociate myself from these comments and denounce Berni and redgunamo as misthinking, misspeaking patriarchal Nazis, and white middle class males to boot.

Burney
10-25-2017, 02:19 PM
I would just like to point out, for the benefit of any Thoughtpolice reading, that I entirely disassociate myself from these comments and denounce Berni and redgunamo as misthinking, misspeaking patriarchal Nazis, and white middle class males to boot.

I didn't think your glw came on here anymore?

Sir C
10-25-2017, 02:20 PM

:hehe: She's quite the hatecrimer herself, tbh.

redgunamo
10-25-2017, 02:22 PM

Oh, no worries. We're still at the banter stage, I think. No-one has actually made any real criminal charges of anything, have they. And I imagine they don't actually intend to.

Burney
10-25-2017, 02:26 PM
:hehe: She's quite the hatecrimer herself, tbh.

Oh, I know. I remember she had some views about the whole Savile/Yewtree business that would've got her lynched if uttered in certain company.

Pokster
10-25-2017, 02:44 PM

washing machine nowerdays :nod:

Peter
10-25-2017, 03:08 PM

I do like the way the article, in quoting from her statement says 'the lengthy post went on...' ;)

Also..."We were instructed to call him Mr President". Yes, that is how you address a President or former PResident. Have you got a ****ing problem with that too?

Burney
10-25-2017, 03:16 PM
I do like the way the article, in quoting from her statement says 'the lengthy post went on...' ;)

Also..."We were instructed to call him Mr President". Yes, that is how you address a President or former PResident. Have you got a ****ing problem with that too?

While easy on the eye, she does seem a bit fùcking tiresome, doesn't she? All he did was feel your arse, love. Get over it.

SWv2
10-25-2017, 03:28 PM

I would to be fair.

He is no longer the President so why on earth should he be addressed as such. He is simply Mr Bush.

redgunamo
10-25-2017, 03:37 PM
I would to be fair.

He is no longer the President so why on earth should he be addressed as such. He is simply Mr Bush.

It's simply etiquette, the way of things. No big deal, if you're not an American.

Burney
10-25-2017, 03:47 PM
I would to be fair.

It's just courtesy, sw - how things are done. Politeness. In essence, it's no different to someone you don't know calling you 'Mr Williams' rather than 'Cùntybollix'.

SWv2
10-25-2017, 03:47 PM
It's simply etiquette, the way of things. No big deal, if you're not an American.

Etiquette?

It's bóllócks.

If you were to meet John Major in company you wouldn't feel the need to call him Prime Minister.

SWv2
10-25-2017, 03:50 PM
It's just courtesy, sw - how things are done. Politeness. In essence, it's no different to someone you don't know calling you 'Mr Williams' rather than 'Cùntybollix'.

Which is why I would address Bush as Mr Bush, as you say courtesy or manners.

He's not the President so why on earth address him as such. Thankfully, for all parties, the scope for my meeting ex Presidents of the USA are limited.

I've never really understood these things, retired Military people still going by what are professional titles. It's fúcking nonsense.

Peter
10-25-2017, 04:02 PM
I would to be fair.

Of course but, as so often, that comes purely from your own ignorance and can therefore be disregarded by the rest of us.

A former President is addressed as Mr President. Partly because the President, as Commander in Chief, effectively holds a military rank and these are observed in protocol on retirement.

You are Irish, so I suppose we can forgive your ignorance. What is this bint's defence?

Ash
10-25-2017, 04:03 PM
I've never really understood these things, retired Military people still going by what are professional titles. It's fúcking nonsense.

Nor me. Ultimately it is about the power of the ruling class to expect us lower mortals to bow and scrape as if it were the natural order of things, whereas those of us with a natural, burning spirit of egalitarianism instinctively resist such nonsense.

Peter
10-25-2017, 04:03 PM
Etiquette?

It's bóllócks.

If you were to meet John Major in company you wouldn't feel the need to call him Prime Minister.

Again, ignorance. The Prime Minister is not a Head of State. Its a very different thing.

SWv2
10-25-2017, 04:07 PM
Again, ignorance. The Prime Minister is not a Head of State. Its a very different thing.

It's a job title.

He no longer does the job.

Ash
10-25-2017, 04:09 PM

Whereas the US head of State and the UK Head of State are the equivalent thing?

Nope.

The UK PM heads up the government. The POTUS heads up the government.

The Queen cuts ribbons.

You speak with forked tongue, my friend. :driving:

Peter
10-25-2017, 04:15 PM
Whereas the US head of State and the UK Head of State are the equivalent thing?

Nope.

The UK PM heads up the government. The POTUS heads up the government.

The Queen cuts ribbons.

You speak with forked tongue, my friend. :driving:

Nope. THere is no comparison.

You could argue for years about whether the President is the Head of Government. The closest definitive answer is that the legislative and executive forms of government are separated in the US Constitution. What is a matter of cold, hard fact is that the President is the Head of State and the PRime Minister is most certainly not. Key differences include the fact that the legislative cannot remove a PResident but can remove a Prime Minister. The PResident's job is formally defined within the constitution and formally elected whereas the the PM is a monarch appointee, arising from a public vote to elect the legislature.

Most crucially, the PResident's job contains a formal military role and the PM's doesnt.

Most important of all, you call the ****ing bloke Mr President. If you dont like it, **** off!

Peter
10-25-2017, 04:17 PM
It's a job title.

He no longer does the job.

Yep, you have grasped that part. I think we are all clear on that part.

You now need to get your head around why some roles (particularly including public service) retain the title in retirement.

Once you grasp that you are well on your way :)

SWv2
10-25-2017, 04:22 PM
Yep, you have grasped that part. I think we are all clear on that part.

You now need to get your head around why some roles (particularly including public service) retain the title in retirement.

Once you grasp that you are well on your way :)

I don't care one jot for your tone.

Further I don't accept your point and have dismissed it as nonsense.

eastgermanautos
10-25-2017, 06:17 PM

God knows I don't often agree with you. But it's getting ridiculous now. What, so every little skank who comes out of the woodwork deserves a payoff or day in court? Check out this rag of an article. Basically every major actor is implicated.

https://medium.com/@beth_winegarner/weinstein-isnt-the-only-one-screen-celebs-who-abuse-women-or-children-c5732e15cf92

Peter
10-25-2017, 07:27 PM
I don't care one jot for your tone.

Further I don't accept your point and have dismissed it as nonsense.

Which is exactly how one remains ignorant. :)

Burney
10-25-2017, 08:52 PM
God knows I don't often agree with you. But it's getting ridiculous now. What, so every little skank who comes out of the woodwork deserves a payoff or day in court? Check out this rag of an article. Basically every major actor is implicated.

https://medium.com/@beth_winegarner/weinstein-isnt-the-only-one-screen-celebs-who-abuse-women-or-children-c5732e15cf92

I like how ‘rape jokes’ is now a crime :hehe:

eastgermanautos
10-25-2017, 09:39 PM
I like how ‘rape jokes’ is now a crime :hehe:

Totally. It's a thought crime, man.