PDA

View Full Version : I like this young Eddie, Never heard of him and makes a good impression. Whereas

Pat Vegas
10-25-2017, 08:54 AM
the other wonderkids who I've heard about lately don't ever live up to the hype imo.

I thought this Nelson fella was supposed to be the *******s :shrug: and numerous other younsters mo always harps on about.

Sir C
10-25-2017, 08:57 AM
the other wonderkids who I've heard about lately don't ever live up to the hype imo.

I thought this Nelson fella was supposed to be the *******s :shrug: and numerous other younsters mo always harps on about.

In fairness, they do keep beating other teams this season, so they must have something about them.

Rich
10-25-2017, 08:58 AM

I think this year could be Lulpoli's breakthrough season.

Pat Vegas
10-25-2017, 09:07 AM
I think this year could be Lulpoli's breakthrough season.

I used to like those games when it was full kids in the team plus someone like Cygan.
Quincy looked good to me.

Pat Vegas
10-25-2017, 09:08 AM
In fairness, they do keep beating other teams this season, so they must have something about them.

yes, but you do get the immediate feeling with some of them you know they are never going to make it in the 1st team in the long run.

Though that Walcott fella looks promising.

Sir C
10-25-2017, 09:10 AM
yes, but you do get the immediate feeling with some of them you know they are never going to make it in the 1st team in the long run.

Though that Walcott fella looks promising.

Ah, but we know from experience that 90% of them will never make the first team. They're still good enough to win in Belgrade, though.

Burney
10-25-2017, 09:33 AM
I used to like those games when it was full kids in the team plus someone like Cygan.
Quincy looked good to me.

From those days, how many can we name who came through to be first team regulars? Gibbs? Errrr....anyone else?

Sir C
10-25-2017, 09:34 AM
From those days, how many can we name who came through to be first team regulars? Gibbs? Errrr....anyone else?

Cesc :cry:

Burney
10-25-2017, 09:35 AM
Cesc :cry:

Cesc was never really a yoot, though, was he? He barely spent any time with the yoot before graduating to the first team.

Sir C
10-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Cesc was never really a yoot, though, was he? He barely spent any time with the yoot before graduating to the first team.

Too good for the yoots, too good for the first team. Too good for this world, b :-(

Burney
10-25-2017, 09:45 AM
Too good for the yoots, too good for the first team. Too good for this world, b :-(

I remember us sitting together at Highbury watching this absurdly-becoiffed 16 year-old play alongside Vieira et al. So much promise. :cry:

Pat Vegas
10-25-2017, 09:55 AM

That Rotherham game was a long night. first shootout at Highbury.
I don't recall too many shootouts where it goes through the full team for a 2nd round.
Wiltord misses the first one and scores the winner

I miss Highbury :cry:

Sir C
10-25-2017, 10:00 AM
I remember us sitting together at Highbury watching this absurdly-becoiffed 16 year-old play alongside Vieira et al. So much promise. :cry:

We were all young, then. Young and spunky, full of optimism and eager to seize the myriad opportunities on offer.

Now look at us. Dessicated, worn out husks. Wearied, broken shadows, awaiting the blessed release of death.

MickeyPearce
10-25-2017, 10:05 AM
Hi All,

A most pleasurable night.

My feeling is that Eddie will be on the plane to Russia at the end of the season.

Him and Harry should form a prolific partnership for years to come.

He didn't really get an opportunity last night ie 5 minutes is not an opportunity but he took what he was given and made a name for himself.

For me he's moved ahead of Olivier and Theo in the forward line so the next step is to groom him to take over from Alexis.

-

As for the other lads you have to understand and respect that they are playing completely out of position.

Maitland is a swashbuckling right footed combative central midfield warrior. he is not a a left wing back but he is one of Arsene's most trusted pupils so with lack of cover in that department he step forth.

Fair play to the lad but I really hope we get to see him in central midfield. You will be astonished as to how good he is.

I would say as a central midfielder he's currently light years ahead of Alex Oxlade Chamberlain if he ever played there.

--

Reiss Nelson is in a similar boat. He's an old fashioned right winger in a 4-4-2 so the wing back slot demands a lot more defending which he's having to learn on the fly.

-

I was most proud of Josh Da Silva. A absolute tank for his age. He's going to learn plenty working with Nacho and Kolasinac over the next year or so.

-

Matt is the new Joe Hart so he too should come on nicely over the next couple of years.

Kind Regards

Your Best Mate

Mickey Pearce

IUFG
10-25-2017, 10:22 AM

I've found a programme* from 2011 against Manchester City in my office.

(* you get them free in club level, before someone starts ****ing me off)

Youth Section Players...

Elton Monteiro
Isaac Hayden
Nigel Neita
Jeffrey Monakana
Zak Ansah
Jordan Wynter
Samir Bihmoutine
Anthony Jeffrey
Ben Glasgow
Reice Charles-Cook
Zachari Fagan
Philip Roberts
Alban Bunjaku
James Campbell
Jon Toral
Kristoffer Olsson
Sean McDermott
Hector Bellerin
Serge Gnabry
Callum Webb
Chuba Akpom
Jack Jebb
Josh Rees
Kyle Ebecilio

We converted a lot of them, eh?

Hector, of course. Chuba, nearly.

Serge is doing ok in Germany, I think

Isaac Hayden at Newcastle?
Jon Toral at Hull?

The others may have disappeared up their own arse, Hleb style.

We got beat 0-1 that night, IIRC

Rich
10-25-2017, 10:39 AM
I've found a programme* from 2011 against Manchester City in my office.

(* you get them free in club level, before someone starts ****ing me off)

Youth Section Players...

Elton Monteiro
Isaac Hayden
Nigel Neita
Jeffrey Monakana
Zak Ansah
Jordan Wynter
Samir Bihmoutine
Anthony Jeffrey
Ben Glasgow
Reice Charles-Cook
Zachari Fagan
Philip Roberts
Alban Bunjaku
James Campbell
Jon Toral
Kristoffer Olsson
Sean McDermott
Hector Bellerin
Serge Gnabry
Callum Webb
Chuba Akpom
Jack Jebb
Josh Rees
Kyle Ebecilio

We converted a lot of them, eh?

Hector, of course. Chuba, nearly.

Serge is doing ok in Germany, I think

Isaac Hayden at Newcastle?
Jon Toral at Hull?

The others may have disappeared up their own arse, Hleb style.

We got beat 0-1 that night, IIRC

Wasn't Akpomp playing last night? Impressive that he's still in the youths 6 years later imo.

MickeyPearce
10-25-2017, 10:53 AM
Reice Charles Cook was good lad.

His family were absolutely lovely people too.

He had high hopes to be England's 1st Black Goalkeeper but he had too much in front of him at the time to decided to move on.

He joined Coventry and earned the nickname - Black Magic for his brilliant displays in goal.

He's currently at Swindon.

I'll pass on your regards.

kind regards

Your best mate

Mickey Pearce

PS Serge Gnarbry - what a waste. He unfortunately has very bad weight issues and an addiction to fat burning tablets so we cut him.

SWv2
10-25-2017, 11:28 AM

I couldn't give two fúcks about these kids until such a point that they become first team players in the real competitions at which point I can slowly grow to dislike them or in certain cases absolutely fúcking hate them.

No more heroes.

#modern football is shít

Ash
10-25-2017, 01:14 PM
I couldn't give two fúcks about these kids until such a point that they become first team players in the real competitions at which point I can slowly grow to dislike them or in certain cases absolutely fúcking hate them.

No more heroes.

#modern football is shít

Perhaps, you had to be there. A wonderful night for the young fella.

Never mind the tournament. Here was a great moment. The whole point of football is basically the moment your team scores a goal. Especially when you know your team is unlikely to win any of the two prestigious tournaments before the stars fall from the sky.

I was busy telling myself how I absolutely didn't give a flying fùck about going out of this cup to a team that were bigger, faster, stronger, better organised and for the most part more technically accomplished than the rabble wearing Arsenal shirts, who are getting paid ten times as much or whatever as the Norwich boys.

We had another corner. "I'm not sure what the point is for us of these corners" I said. "Their blokes are twice the height of ours and win everything." Then Arsene chucked another kid on to give him a run out with a few minutes left, like in Belgrade. He went up and scored with his first touch on his home debut. A wonderful moment.

Extra time. Another corner. The little lad leaped like the proberbial salmon above all these giant blokes and headed home the winner. A joyous moment for anyone there supporting Arsenal whose heart is not made of stone.

redgunamo
10-25-2017, 01:15 PM

Never mind the tournament. Here was a great moment. The whole point of football is basically the moment your team scores a goal. Especially when you know your team is unlikely to win any of the two prestigious tournaments before the stars fall from the sky.

I was busy telling myself how I absolutely didn't give a flying fùck about going out of this cup to a team that were bigger, faster, stronger, better organised and for the most part more technically accomplished than the rabble wearing Arsenal shirts, who are getting paid ten times as much or whatever as the Norwich boys.

We had another corner. "I'm not sure what the point is for us of these corners" I said. "Their blokes are twice the height of ours and win everything." Then Arsene chucked another kid on to give him a run out with a few minutes left, like in Belgrade. He went up and scored with his first touch on his home debut. A wonderful moment.

Extra time. Another corner. The little lad leaped like the proberbial salmon above all these giant blokes and headed home the winner. A joyous moment for anyone there supporting Arsenal whose heart is not made of stone.

That's all rather nicely put.

Burney
10-25-2017, 01:20 PM

:cry: Well said, a. Well said*. :hug:

*I mean, obviously, I wouldn't have gone there myself in a blue fit, but your encomium is worthy of note.

SWv2
10-25-2017, 01:22 PM

Key issue here A.

My phone buzzed, this lad's name came up. My kid asked me who he was and I simply replied that I did not know.

redgunamo
10-25-2017, 01:25 PM
Key issue here A.

My phone buzzed, this lad's name came up. My kid asked me who he was and I simply replied that I did not know.

George Graham or Alan Smith would've been proud of that header. We will not forget the lad's name in a hurry.

Whatever it is :homer:

SWv2
10-25-2017, 01:28 PM
George Graham or Alan Smith would've been proud of that header. We will not forget the lad's name in a hurry.

In-Ketch-A.

Today FM news this morning. AW suggests big things for him. Two loan periods maybe.

redgunamo
10-25-2017, 01:30 PM
In-Ketch-A.

Today FM news this morning. AW suggests big things for him. Two loan periods maybe.

I didn't know you could speak African?

And well done AW #banter

Pat Vegas
10-25-2017, 01:31 PM

he'll only ever be known as Eddie as his surname is too complicated.
Then again I still don't know how to say the name of the new muscly hardman fella.
I will call him kolosnatch.

Burney
10-25-2017, 01:36 PM
Key issue here A.

Should have hedged your bets and said 'The young black lad - you know?'

Burney
10-25-2017, 01:38 PM
he'll only ever be known as Eddie as his surname is too complicated.
Then again I still don't know how to say the name of the new muscly hardman fella.
I will call him kolosnatch.

My father calls him 'Klasternak'.

Still, I could never convince my father it wasn't 'Martin McKeown', 'Stevie Boold' and 'Nigel Winterborn'. :shrug:

Pat Vegas
10-25-2017, 01:45 PM
My father calls him 'Klasternak'.

Still, I could never convince my father it wasn't 'Martin McKeown', 'Stevie Boold' and 'Nigel Winterborn'. :shrug:

:hehe: everytime Kanu came on a certain family member would ask 'why are the booing him :-('
THEY ARE NOT BOOING HIM :banghead: