PDA

View Full Version : Good morning I think.

Pat Vegas
10-23-2017, 08:48 AM
:wave:

Americans love the term 'you're all set'

Sir C
10-23-2017, 08:54 AM
:wave:

Americans love the term 'you're all set'

How was your trip, f?

We won 5 away :cloud9:

Rich
10-23-2017, 09:00 AM
How was your trip, f?

How much booze passed you lips this weekend, Sir C?

Sir C
10-23-2017, 09:08 AM
How much booze passed you lips this weekend, Sir C?

Friday night: 1 glass of wine. Malbec, 12%.
Saturday night: 3 glasses of the same.
Sunday night: 1 glass.

Tonight I shall have a couple as I am out for dinner, but then Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday shall be dry again.

This had better do me some fúcking good.

Pat Vegas
10-23-2017, 09:11 AM
How was your trip, f?

:cloud9: I saw most of that. Very nice thank you.

I was incredibly impressed with the easiness of renting a car in the states. And the very relaxed take whatever car you want the keys are in the windscreen approach.

I ended up with a Hyundai Sonata not a car I would have picked immediately but I was half away. Piece of piss to drive over there.
I really liked the car.

Sir C
10-23-2017, 09:15 AM
:cloud9: I saw most of that. Very nice thank you.

I was incredibly impressed with the easiness of renting a car in the states. And the very relaxed take whatever car you want the keys are in the windscreen approach.

I ended up with a Hyundai Sonata not a car I would have picked immediately but I was half away. Piece of piss to drive over there.
I really liked the car.

Where did you drive?

I once hired a convertible Chrysler Sebring in San Fran and drove to South Lake Tahoe, up through the Sierra Nevada. That was an amazing drive.

Pokster
10-23-2017, 09:34 AM
Friday night: 1 glass of wine. Malbec, 12%.
Saturday night: 3 glasses of the same.
Sunday night: 1 glass.

Tonight I shall have a couple as I am out for dinner, but then Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday shall be dry again.

This had better do me some fúcking good.

Stop you being so grumpy would be good :-)

Pat Vegas
10-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Where did you drive?

I once hired a convertible Chrysler Sebring in San Fran and drove to South Lake Tahoe, up through the Sierra Nevada. That was an amazing drive.

I drove down to San Diego one day and back. around LA a lot and up the Pacific coast highway.
It was so nice to drive with lots of space and a parts of open road :cloud9: was actually fun to drive.

On the flip side taking 3 hours to get from Malibu to the middle of LA during rush hour not so fun.

I want a big long car saloon style car now.

Ash
10-23-2017, 09:40 AM
I want

:sigh:

Welcome back, Pat. ;-)

Pat Vegas
10-23-2017, 09:47 AM
:sigh:

Welcome back, Pat. ;-)

You'll be happy Ash I plan on not buying anything next year. a year of spending no money.
I may have brought back a telecaster from the states :hide:

Ash
10-23-2017, 10:07 AM
I may have brought back a telecaster from the states :hide:

:hehe: What colour?

Pat Vegas
10-23-2017, 10:27 AM
:hehe: What colour?

Sort of burgundy, used one definitely been well used, not expensive.
I went to another few shops and played some vintage guitars :cloud9: out of my price range.
my favourite was a les Paul junior from 1959 :cloud9: it was the best set up guitar I've ever played.

Rich
10-23-2017, 10:44 AM
I drove down to San Diego one day and back. around LA a lot and up the Pacific coast highway.
It was so nice to drive with lots of space and a parts of open road :cloud9: was actually fun to drive.

On the flip side taking 3 hours to get from Malibu to the middle of LA during rush hour not so fun.

I want a big long car saloon style car now.

BMW 435d, Fash :nod:

Effortless motorway cruising.

Pat Vegas
10-23-2017, 11:01 AM
BMW 435d, Fash :nod:

Effortless motorway cruising.

It was so nice to have that style of car. Plenty of power all the stuff I would need. huge console to store all my *******s
open the boot and fuel cap cover from inside :cloud9:

Their 'gas' station are pandemonium though. they seem to enter from any side cars all over the place.

Sir C
10-23-2017, 11:14 AM
It was so nice to have that style of car. Plenty of power all the stuff I would need. huge console to store all my *******s
open the boot and fuel cap cover from inside :cloud9:

Their 'gas' station are pandemonium though. they seem to enter from any side cars all over the place.

What have I told you about buying a diesel car, f? Hmm?

Pat Vegas
10-23-2017, 11:24 AM

my car seems so noisy now :-(

Sir C
10-23-2017, 11:31 AM
my car seems so noisy now :-(

:sigh: I told you, f, I told you. It makes me sad. :cry:

Rich
10-23-2017, 11:34 AM

What's your view on electric cars? I was thinking about which won I would get if I were to change now (I'm not intending to) but there are no good wons as far as I can make out.

Perhaps a BMW I8 is the best bet but I'd only do that on a PCP because who knows what happens if the battery packs go pop.

Hopefully there will be some better wons in a couple of years.

Burney
10-23-2017, 11:42 AM

I like the noise of my car. It's a reassuring rumble.

Sir C
10-23-2017, 11:43 AM
What's your view on electric cars? I was thinking about which won I would get if I were to change now (I'm not intending to) but there are no good wons as far as I can make out.

Perhaps a BMW I8 is the best bet but I'd only do that on a PCP because who knows what happens if the battery packs go pop.

Hopefully there will be some better wons in a couple of years.

I have a simple view of cars, r. Cars have engines powered by petrol, and may have 6, 8 or 12 cylinders.

That's it. Anything else can, if I may make so bold, do one.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 11:44 AM

I drive a diesel car.

It's grand. It's a car.

Rich
10-23-2017, 11:45 AM
I have a simple view of cars, r. Cars have engines powered by petrol, and may have 6, 8 or 12 cylinders.

That's it. Anything else can, if I may make so bold, do one.

Well I suppose you won't be here to see petrol engines phased out so you needn't loose any sleep.

I want an M4 but I fear the mpg on my commute would be less than desirable.

Rich
10-23-2017, 11:46 AM
I drive a diesel car.

It's grand. It's a car.

I have grown to enjoy the sound of my diesel clattering away on idle. In the summer days when my window would be open, I'd sometimes pretend I was a HGV driver as it sounded similar. I have always wanted to be a HGV driver for a day.

Sir C
10-23-2017, 11:46 AM
I drive a diesel car.

It's grand. It's a car.

:shrug: Compared to the equivalent petrol car, it is noisy, underpowered, inflexible and expensive. :shrug: It's not necessarily a bad car, it's just a worse car than a petrol car.

Rich
10-23-2017, 11:47 AM
:shrug: Compared to the equivalent petrol car, it is noisy, underpowered, inflexible and expensive. :shrug: It's not necessarily a bad car, it's just a worse car than a petrol car.

Actually, my 435d is faster than a 440i. And does more mpgs. And has many more torque.

Sir C
10-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Well I suppose you won't be here to see petrol engines phased out so you needn't loose any sleep.

I want an M4 but I fear the mpg on my commute would be less than desirable.

Cheeky young swine. The new, healthy me will be living forever.

I'll have you know my blood pressure today was 118 over something. 118!

Rich
10-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Cheeky young swine. The new, healthy me will be living forever.

I'll have you know my blood pressure today was 118 over something. 118!

Before or after your morning coffee?

Sir C
10-23-2017, 11:50 AM
Actually, my 435d is faster than a 440i. And does more mpgs. And has many more torque.

It is not faster. In the real world, driven properly, it is far less fast. It is more economical over long distances, but unless you drive in excess of 15,000 miles a year, this will be offset by the higher maintenance and purchase costs.

And torque is good for pulling tree stumps out of the ground. Do you use your car to pull up many tree stumps?

SWv2

I am unsure how it is underpowered as you say as after applying the accelerator it goes up the necessary speed depending on the road which I am travelling.

In this respect it has all the power I need.

Are you perhaps a F1 driver, if so I apologise for the confusion.

Sir C
Before or after your morning coffee?

In the morning I drink Earl Grey. With a slice of lemon.

Sir C
10-23-2017, 11:52 AM
I am unsure how it is underpowered as you say as after applying the accelerator it goes up the necessary speed depending on the road which I am travelling.

In this respect it has all the power I need.

Are you perhaps a F1 driver, if so I apologise for the confusion.

If you're happy with mediocrity I wish you well with it, sw. :shrug: You don't really have the roads there to drive properly anyway, do you? You spend half your life stuck behind a herd of cows or a tractor dragging tralierloads of sileage.

Rich
10-23-2017, 11:53 AM
It is not faster. In the real world, driven properly, it is far less fast. It is more economical over long distances, but unless you drive in excess of 15,000 miles a year, this will be offset by the higher maintenance and purchase costs.

And torque is good for pulling tree stumps out of the ground. Do you use your car to pull up many tree stumps?

I will have to disagree, a slight depression of the throttle puts it into it's peak power band (1500 - 3500 rpm) and it kicks you back into your seat like there is no tomorrow.

And when I'm cruising at 80 units of speed and put my foot down, I can be doing 100 units of speed in about 1.5 seconds. Impressive machine.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 11:54 AM
If you're happy with mediocrity I wish you well with it, sw. :shrug: You don't really have the roads there to drive properly anyway, do you? You spend half your life stuck behind a herd of cows or a tractor dragging tralierloads of sileage.

We have been here before, we both see cars for very different things.

You drive them for fun, enjoyment also. I will bet you own driving gloves. :hehe:

For me it is purely a functional item, for ferrying family around, a large boot for ball bags and the so called big shop on those occasions I am roped into that. Mainly ball bags all the same.

And no, I am not a ball bag. You are.

Sir C
10-23-2017, 11:57 AM
I will have to disagree, a slight depression of the throttle puts it into it's peak power band (1500 - 3500 rpm) and it kicks you back into your seat like there is no tomorrow.

And when I'm cruising at 80 units of speed and put my foot down, I can be doing 100 units of speed in about 1.5 seconds. Impressive machine.

:shrug: You can disagree all you like, it makes no difference to the truth.