PDA

View Full Version : Just in case anyone has forgotten these brave words

Luis Anaconda
10-23-2017, 08:18 AM
http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?601751-Everton-are-already-making-signings-of-a-quality-we-will-struggle-to-match
http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?602389-Everton-s-first-choice-11-is-probably-on-a-par-with-ours-and-Liverpools

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

SWv2
10-23-2017, 08:30 AM
http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?601751-Everton-are-already-making-signings-of-a-quality-we-will-struggle-to-match
http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?602389-Everton-s-first-choice-11-is-probably-on-a-par-with-ours-and-Liverpools

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Quite astonishing I thought, píss poor is being very generous to them.

I accept we played well but we have played a lot better (if that makes sense).

Sir C
10-23-2017, 08:34 AM

The chap in the Guardian reckons we were shíte and that we're mainly shíte because Xhaka and Kolasinec are shíte. (I paraphrase)

This strikes me as harsh.

Burney
10-23-2017, 08:35 AM

I felt that conceding two was a teensy bit embarrassing, since they gave every indication of being dogshít.

IUFG
10-23-2017, 08:40 AM
The chap in the Guardian reckons we were shíte and that we're mainly shíte because Xhaka and Kolasinec are shíte. (I paraphrase)

Not harsh about Xhaka imo

Sir C
10-23-2017, 08:41 AM

He was fouled when he lost the ball, wasn't he? I know his form isn't great the moment, but still.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 08:42 AM

Xhaka did well apart from the goal I thought. Very easy to play against a side with no midfield for the last hour all the same.

Ash
10-23-2017, 08:45 AM

Dr Dick is on top cartoon character form in that thread as well.

Burney
10-23-2017, 08:47 AM
He was fouled when he lost the ball, wasn't he? I know his form isn't great the moment, but still.

He's a funny one, Xhaka. He sometimes looks great, but he does the one thing you really don't want from a midfielder, which is surrender possession far, far too easily.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 08:48 AM

Well I may get told off having won 5-2 but we weren’t that brilliant, they were pish. There was individual errors from 3-4 players which accounted for their goals, two bad goals to give away at any level of football and they played themselves into trouble with cards early for Williams and Gueye.

Perfect game for us really, Ozil had all the time and space he wanted, Bellerin was not threatened at all and they had no midfield.

Saw one moment in the first half where Sanchez had dropped into our half to collect the ball and when he played forward Ramsey was the most advanced player apart from Lacazette. An isolated incident one may say but one that still suggests a little calamitous approach perhaps.

Nice to see Jack Jackie wee Jack Wilshere back mind you.

Peter
10-23-2017, 08:52 AM

The centre of our midfield is our major weakness. The back three is actually not bad. We win an awful lot of headers in our own box.

I dont know what to say about Xhaka. Clearly a talented footballer but he doesnt appear too comfortable in his current role. I am tempted to argue that it is a case of who you partner him with but its a guess.

I hate saying this but Jack looked sharp. Better than I have seen him in a long time. Not 100% but there were flashes of the old player in there.

SWv2

You would be annoyed if said ‘foul’ was given against you. One of those.

I suspect a British pundit may suggest he was fouled / lost the ball too easy, perhaps dwelling a split second too long, unaware of the presence of Gueye which others perhaps could have helped with. Maybe they did.

Sir C
Well I may get told off having won 5-2 but we weren’t that brilliant, they were pish. There was individual errors from 3-4 players which accounted for their goals, two bad goals to give away at any level of football and they played themselves into trouble with cards early for Williams and Gueye.

Perfect game for us really, Ozil had all the time and space he wanted, Bellerin was not threatened at all and they had no midfield.

Saw one moment in the first half where Sanchez had dropped into our half to collect the ball and when he played forward Ramsey was the most advanced player apart from Lacazette. An isolated incident one may say but one that still suggests a little calamitous approach perhaps.

Nice to see Jack Jackie wee Jack Wilshere back mind you.

Far be it from me to tell you off, but it is important to try to keep some balance and objectivity; did we get beaten 4 at Anfield because we were shít or because Liverpool were good? I put it to you that it was a combination of both factors.

Jack Wilshere is one of those who is the best player on the pitch in 95% of games he plays. Facto, Daddio.

Ash
10-23-2017, 08:56 AM

Not so isolated over the season so far. He's up there quite a lot.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 08:58 AM
Far be it from me to tell you off, but it is important to try to keep some balance and objectivity; did we get beaten 4 at Anfield because we were shít or because Liverpool were good? I put it to you that it was a combination of both factors.

Jack Wilshere is one of those who is the best player on the pitch in 95% of games he plays. Facto, Daddio.

I have no wish to argue with you but I genuinely don’t recall the goal by goal breakdown of that defeat. I recall the loss of course, but I very quickly forget detail as like any real football person I move onto the next game.

I would not expect you to understood.

IUFG
10-23-2017, 09:02 AM
He's a funny one, Xhaka. He sometimes looks great, but he does the one thing you really don't want from a midfielder, which is surrender possession far, far too easily.

nail and head

SWv2
10-23-2017, 09:16 AM
nail and head

He is in the eye of the storm as such following the somewhat hysterical reaction to the defeat at Watford and the role (or lack of) he was seen to play in their winner.

It was a poor goal to concede and you could pick holes from the moment Mertesacker passed the ball to Xhaka not laying it off immediately to Mertesacker hesitating and not pushing on Rooney, Christ how much time did he have to look up and pick his spot.

Not convinced the man AW has nailed that area yet, perhaps another body in there would help. Enter Jack Wilshere, as such.

Ash
10-23-2017, 09:19 AM
Not convinced the man AW has nailed that area yet, perhaps another body in there would help. Enter Jack Wilshere, as such.

Back to 4-2-3-1 to plug the hole in our midfield?

Peter
10-23-2017, 09:20 AM

Useless ****.

THe dramatic over reaction to every one of Ozil's performances (good and bad) is becoming rather tiresome, particularly when the arguments tend to rely so heavily on things like body language.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 09:22 AM
Back to 4-2-3-1 to plug the hole in our midfield?

I expect so.

The suggestion has always lingered that AW never really felt the love for the defensive renaissance.

Luis Anaconda
10-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Dr Dick is on top cartoon character form in that thread as well.

Yes hard to tell whether his insistence that we would sign Mbappe is more or less stupid than his dismissal of Lacazette as a French Darren Bent

Luis Anaconda
10-23-2017, 09:34 AM

Well if you have two wing forwards who like to drop deep, who exactly do people expect to support the striker?

Ash
10-23-2017, 09:34 AM
THe dramatic over reaction to every one of Ozil's performances (good and bad) is becoming rather tiresome, particularly when the arguments tend to rely so heavily on things like body language.

He was rather fab all the same yesterday. His eyes practically popped out when he scored. :cloud9:

Pokster
10-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Well if you have two wing forwards who like to drop deep, who exactly do people expect to support the striker?

It's almost like he plays the way the manager asks him to.....

Ash
10-23-2017, 09:38 AM

It might have been Bournemouth* at home he was basically one of a front four for much of the game. Ozil, Ramsey, Lacazette and Welbz, I think. Mezut was playing much deeper yesterday, I thought.

* Or it might not. Definitely some team or other.

Ash
10-23-2017, 09:39 AM

I wasn't criticising Ramsey, btw.

Pokster
10-23-2017, 09:41 AM
I wasn't criticising Ramsey, btw.

I know, I'm just waiting for the big sweaty canadian to pipe up

Peter
10-23-2017, 09:42 AM
He was rather fab all the same yesterday. His eyes practically popped out when he scored. :cloud9:

I only saw the second half.

In the first half the BBC commentary went from 'Ozil is having an absolute stormer' to 'Ozil has gone missing and looks disinterested' in the space of about 10 minutes. The main prompt for this seemed to be us going 1-0 down.

Too much of the credit, too much of the blame.

I am pretty sure I spotted Jack telling Sanchez to **** off after receiving one of his beratings for a slightly misplaced pass.

Sanchez gets on my ****ing nerves.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 09:46 AM

I would suggest that is beyond dispute at this stage.

:nod:

Thus why I (and many others) have suggested AW has not exactly nailed this area.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 09:47 AM
I only saw the second half.

In the first half the BBC commentary went from 'Ozil is having an absolute stormer' to 'Ozil has gone missing and looks disinterested' in the space of about 10 minutes. The main prompt for this seemed to be us going 1-0 down.

Too much of the credit, too much of the blame.

I am pretty sure I spotted Jack telling Sanchez to **** off after receiving one of his beratings for a slightly misplaced pass.

Sanchez gets on my ****ing nerves.

AS lost his shít with Ramsey I think it was. Quite the wee tantrum.

Luis Anaconda
10-23-2017, 10:11 AM
It might have been Bournemouth* at home he was basically one of a front four for much of the game. Ozil, Ramsey, Lacazette and Welbz, I think. Mezut was playing much deeper yesterday, I thought.

* Or it might not. Definitely some team or other.
I think you might be right on that one - too much possible in that game. Not saying he gets the balance right all the time but some of the **** he gets for basically doing his job is astonishing (not saying from you)

When we went 1-0 Özil dropped into centre mid and Ramsey pushed further forward. Worked all right

SWv2
10-23-2017, 10:21 AM
I think you might be right on that one - too much possible in that game. Not saying he gets the balance right all the time but some of the **** he gets for basically doing his job is astonishing (not saying from you)

When we went 1-0 Özil dropped into centre mid and Ramsey pushed further forward. Worked all right

Let me think.

:sherlock:

Peter
10-23-2017, 10:35 AM
AS lost his shít with Ramsey I think it was. Quite the wee tantrum.

Oh I saw that one. I guess most of them are used to Sanchez ranting like that, then following up with his passive-aggressive smile.

I suppose it does at least break up the chummy atmosphere.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 10:40 AM
Oh I saw that one. I guess most of them are used to Sanchez ranting like that, then following up with his passive-aggressive smile.

I suppose it does at least break up the chummy atmosphere.

He will be gone in January, win win.

IUFG
10-23-2017, 11:51 AM
He will be gone in January, win win.

He will be a miss when he has gone. I'm not sure anyone will miss his theatricals, though.

As long as Wenger doesn't think Iwobi is the answer.

Oh god, He will, won't he?

SWv2
10-23-2017, 11:57 AM
He will be a miss when he has gone. I'm not sure anyone will miss his theatricals, though.

As long as Wenger doesn't think Iwobi is the answer.

Oh god, He will, won't he?

I think we are going back in for Lemar mate.

:-|

and :-|

Ash
10-23-2017, 11:59 AM
i think we are going back in for lemar mate.

rip bgm...

SWv2
10-23-2017, 12:01 PM
rip bgm...

We need more young people to furnish us with these rumours A.

I think AW said we would go back in. Can't see why he won't jump at the chance to join us. Where we get the funds from is a whole different issue.

Peter
10-23-2017, 12:03 PM
We need more young people to furnish us with these rumours A.

I think AW said we would go back in. Can't see why he won't jump at the chance to join us. Where we get the funds from is a whole different issue.

We can sell Walcott to raise the money

Rich
10-23-2017, 12:04 PM

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

We can't afford Lemar. Apparently Bayern want him now anyway.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 12:04 PM

Olé Pedro!

:clap:

Peter
10-23-2017, 12:08 PM
Olé Pedro!

:clap:

What's so funny? You never know, someone might want him? On loan. For a month.....

IUFG
10-23-2017, 12:09 PM
I think we are going back in for Lemar mate.

:-|

and :-|

hmmmm. that'll end well.

Ash
10-23-2017, 12:18 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Roflcopter.gif

Luis Anaconda
10-23-2017, 12:27 PM
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

We can't afford Lemar. Apparently Bayern want him now anyway.

How come you kept telling us we could afford Mbappe in the summer but we can't afford Lemar now. Almost as if you talk ****

Pokster
10-23-2017, 01:06 PM
How come you kept telling us we could afford Mbappe in the summer but we can't afford Lemar now. Almost as if you talk ****

Almost :hehe:

Rich
10-23-2017, 01:06 PM

Because Ivan has said that we can compete financially with the best in the world. I now feel as though he may have lied to appease the fans in the short term.

Pokster
10-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Because Ivan has said that we can compete financially with the best in the world. I now feel as though he may have lied to appease the fans in the short term.

You are comedy gold, i salute you..... your pic is perhaps the best suited to anyone on here