PDA

View Full Version : I do fear the rise of the Spurs to an extent.

eastgermanautos
10-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Saruman is spreading mischief, the old bat.

Sir C
10-23-2017, 08:07 AM
Saruman is spreading mischief, the old bat.

Stadium to pay for, Kane and Alli will soon be off, no worries.

IUFG
10-23-2017, 08:40 AM
Stadium to pay for, Kane and Alli will soon be off, no worries.

they do have a rather good manager, though :cry:

Sir C
10-23-2017, 08:42 AM
they do have a rather good manager, though :cry:

Yes, but you see I've noticed that, you've noticed that, and so have all those lovely big clubs in Europe with loads of money...

:hehe: :wave:

Peter
10-23-2017, 08:46 AM
Yes, but you see I've noticed that, you've noticed that, and so have all those lovely big clubs in Europe with loads of money...

:hehe: :wave:

I think this is the key. If the manager goes we have to trust them to appoint another bad one. I dont think the squad is packed with amazing players. An idiot would finish sixth with them.

Ash
10-23-2017, 08:53 AM
Strange image of Daniel Levy and Diego Maradona looking very uncomfortable sitting next to each other yesterday. Daniel looked like he was trying to lean as far away from Diego as possible and the coke-bothering handballer looked like a fat, grumpy* Gordon Brown.

*Even more grumpy than usual.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Strange image of Daniel Levy and Diego Maradona looking very uncomfortable sitting next to each other yesterday. Daniel looked like he was trying to lean as far away from Diego as possible and the coke-bothering handballer looked like a fat, grumpy* Gordon Brown.

*Even more grumpy than usual.

The imminent NLD could be an enlightening match.

Burney
10-23-2017, 10:01 AM

I mean they're clearly better than us at the moment. And that's fine - we're both old enough to remember a time when Spurs were better than us before and it's hardly the end of the world.

Just as long as they don't win anything significant like the league or the CL (neither of which I think is likely), they can have the bragging rights for a bit. :shrug:

qedof
10-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Abnormal picture of Daniel Levy and Diego Maradona looking exceptionally awkward sitting by each other yesterday. Daniel appeared as though he was endeavoring to lean as far from Diego as could reasonably be expected and the coke-irritating handballer resembled a fat, grumpy* Gordon Brown.

*Even more testy than expected.

eastgermanautos
10-23-2017, 12:42 PM
I mean they're clearly better than us at the moment. And that's fine - we're both old enough to remember a time when Spurs were better than us before and it's hardly the end of the world.

Just as long as they don't win anything significant like the league or the CL (neither of which I think is likely), they can have the bragging rights for a bit. :shrug:

We did have a pretty fierce starting 11 yesterday. The Lacazette, Ozil, Sanchez combo. When you see the three of them you can see how it might work out. Lacazette is actually good. Of course Ramsey can be counted on to spray nine balls wide from close range. He should have scored in the third minute.

Rich
10-23-2017, 12:46 PM
We did have a pretty fierce starting 11 yesterday. The Lacazette, Ozil, Sanchez combo. When you see the three of them you can see how it might work out. Lacazette is actually good. Of course Ramsey can be counted on to spray nine balls wide from close range. He should have scored in the third minute.

Well two thirds of the trio you mention are Arsenal players for only a few more weeks. However, we do have Iwobi and Wilshere who can play in there before Theo gets a chance. We also have Cazorla coming back who can play in the middle and then Ramsey can also play further forward in one of those positions.

SWv2
10-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Well two thirds of the trio you mention are Arsenal players for only a few more weeks. However, we do have Iwobi and Wilshere who can play in there before Theo gets a chance. We also have Cazorla coming back who can play in the middle and then Ramsey can also play further forward in one of those positions.

I see a future in motivational speaking if the medical things falls down.

Ash
10-23-2017, 01:00 PM

Odd way of spelling 'painful'.

We might not get gubbed, of course. After all, Leicester won the league, so anything can happen.

:-\

SWv2
10-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Odd way of spelling 'painful'.

We might not get gubbed, of course. After all, Leicester won the league, so anything can happen.

:-\

If I may use a cliché then I believe form goes out the window in a local derby.

I was collecting my son from a birthday party at 6pm yesterday when another parent informed me that Harry Kane had fallen foul to a hamstring injury, a quick 3-4 week calculation had me sensing victory.

He’s not injured.

:-(

eastgermanautos
10-23-2017, 01:12 PM

You didn't see yesterday's tweet by Sanchez suggesting he might stay then? And Ozil ain't going nowhere.