PDA

View Full Version : Even Quentin Tarantino has stuck his oar in* now.

redgunamo
10-20-2017, 09:58 AM
*Not literally, I think, although you never know.

Luis Anaconda
10-20-2017, 10:16 AM

**** **** ****ity ****

Burney
10-20-2017, 10:22 AM

Well given that his girlfriend was one of the victims, I'd certainly say you might have expected him to say something a bit earlier.

PSRB
10-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Well given that his girlfriend was one of the victims, I'd certainly say you might have expected him to say something a bit earlier.

I thought he said something right at the start in Weinstein's defence and was vilified for it?

Burney
10-20-2017, 10:25 AM
I thought he said something right at the start in Weinstein's defence and was vilified for it?

I lose track, tbh. I am starting to wonder how Harvey Weinstein found any time to do any film producing or whatever it is he did.

redgunamo
10-20-2017, 10:31 AM

What, and ruin her career? And maybe even his own too? Not likely, imo.

eastgermanautos
10-20-2017, 03:39 PM
What, and ruin her career? And maybe even his own too? Not likely, imo.

Yeah exactly. This is your damn life you're talking about, and you're gonna stick your neck out for some little hussy who's talkin sh!t. I seriously doubt that.

barrybueno
10-20-2017, 10:59 PM
**** **** ****ity ****

Most *********************************************** ever wd LA

redgunamo
10-26-2017, 09:58 AM
Yeah exactly. This is your damn life you're talking about, and you're gonna stick your neck out for some little hussy who's talkin sh!t. I seriously doubt that.

Yeah. I think the issue B (evidently the father of a young lady himself, don't forget) is referring to is that if people feel so strongly that their careers are more important than their humanity, then we're all buggered, so to speak.

And maybe we are.

eastgermanautos
10-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Yeah. I think the issue B (evidently the father of a young lady himself, don't forget) is referring to is that if people feel so strongly that their careers are more important than their humanity, then we're all buggered, so to speak.

And maybe we are.

It's seldom so black and white, though, is it? First of all, Tarantino's movies were produced by Miramax-Weinstein. So it's definitely having an effect. Second, there were probably other, grosser abusers at the time; and so he would have said, well, at least I'm saving her and other women I know from *that asshole. Last but not least, he probably honestly felt that he, Tarantino, could give her, his girlfriend, a better artistic career. Get through this, sweetheart, and it's all good roles from here on out. The last part is not wrong, by the way.

Chief Arrowhead
10-26-2017, 03:21 PM

Their culling through the restaurant industry now. Wait until they get to the doctor/nurse dynamic!

redgunamo
10-26-2017, 04:04 PM
It's seldom so black and white, though, is it? First of all, Tarantino's movies were produced by Miramax-Weinstein. So it's definitely having an effect. Second, there were probably other, grosser abusers at the time; and so he would have said, well, at least I'm saving her and other women I know from *that asshole. Last but not least, he probably honestly felt that he, Tarantino, could give her, his girlfriend, a better artistic career. Get through this, sweetheart, and it's all good roles from here on out. The last part is not wrong, by the way.

You're forgetting the humanity-part though; what about everybody else? After all, for every Weinstein or Tarantino Hollywood-whale who can promise, and maybe even deliver, the earth, there's an abusive supervisor of minimum-wage help in a convenience shop. What's Lalaland's, or even the Clinton's, message of solidarity to them? What example does their behaviour set? How are we supposed to impeach Donald Trump when everybody else around seems to have long conducted themselves as badly, if not even worse than him.

redgunamo
10-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Their culling through the restaurant industry now. Wait until they get to the doctor/nurse dynamic!

:hehe: This could seemingly run forever, couldn't it.

eastgermanautos
10-27-2017, 10:03 AM
You're forgetting the humanity-part though; what about everybody else? After all, for every Weinstein or Tarantino Hollywood-whale who can promise, and maybe even deliver, the earth, there's an abusive supervisor of minimum-wage help in a convenience shop. What's Lalaland's, or even the Clinton's, message of solidarity to them? What example does their behaviour set? How are we supposed to impeach Donald Trump when everybody else around seems to have long conducted themselves as badly, if not even worse than him.

100%, man. Hundred per cent. Plus all these backwater countries where there are never any repercussions. It's dark, it's dark as hell.