PDA

View Full Version : Peter, have you ever been accosted by students in this manner, or are all the

Monty92
10-19-2017, 01:36 PM
social justice warriors you have to put up with colleagues?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMc8pczn-hs

Ash
10-19-2017, 01:56 PM

I'd like to teleport them all into the middle of the Battle of Stalingrad so they can see what a real unsafe space looks like.

Monty92
10-19-2017, 02:01 PM
I'd like to teleport them all into the middle of the Battle of Stalingrad so they can see what a real unsafe space looks like.

Did you get as far as 1:05? :clap: :clap:

Peter
10-19-2017, 02:08 PM

I was once followed into the car par by a student carrying some sort of stick. He wanted to discuss why his appeal had been rejected.

I got him to follow me towards one of the lights where the CCTV was, spoke to him calmly and then showed him the cameras that were watching us. He started crying......quite sad really.

Other than that, no. All the militants are on the staff. The students (including the union) dont really give a **** about any of it.

The only thing they raise is the fact that all the staff are white.

Ash
10-19-2017, 02:10 PM

Blimey. At least by the time these people are running their county its empire will have already collapsed.

SWv2
10-19-2017, 02:14 PM

:hehe:

Quite sure if the Prof had just chinned her nobody would take issue.

Ash
10-19-2017, 02:27 PM
:hehe:

Quite sure if the Prof had just chinned her nobody would take issue.

Hmm. Not quite sure you understand how this stuff works, tbh.

SWv2
10-19-2017, 02:35 PM

Hold on soldier, I am Irish and by nature of your statement I have taken offence at your insinuation that Irish people are stupid and cannot grasp a simple principle.

You see, I fully understand how this stuff works. A two day Appreciating Ethnic Minorities course for you.

Pal.

Peter
10-19-2017, 02:39 PM

You're disgusting. You disgust me. This is not a debate. You dont get a choice.

Yeah, I think he could have told them to **** right off and grow the hell up. His patience is admirable.

Burney
10-19-2017, 03:22 PM
You're disgusting. You disgust me. This is not a debate. You dont get a choice.

Yeah, I think he could have told them to **** right off and grow the hell up. His patience is admirable.

It's because they're customers now as much as they're students. They have to be pandered to rather than told to just fùcking get a grip.

Peter
10-19-2017, 03:51 PM
It's because they're customers now as much as they're students. They have to be pandered to rather than told to just fùcking get a grip.

THe customer element has been the case in the US for years. THis is just another example of PC bull****.

To be fair, it seems to have sprung from him refusing to ask students not to black up for Halloween so one could argue there is an issue there somewhere. What is disturbing is the notion that one is not even entitled to voice an opinion. There IS no debate; you DONT get to have an opinion. This is accepted fact.

THat is very, very worrying.

Burney
10-19-2017, 03:53 PM
THe customer element has been the case in the US for years. THis is just another example of PC bull****.

To be fair, it seems to have sprung from him refusing to ask students not to black up for Halloween so one could argue there is an issue there somewhere. What is disturbing is the notion that one is not even entitled to voice an opinion. There IS no debate; you DONT get to have an opinion. This is accepted fact.

It's not real blacking up, though, is it? It's not boot black on the face and singing 'Mammy' blacking up. It's dressing up as red injuns, which everyone did when they were kids.

Besides which, who cares about injuns?

SWv2
10-19-2017, 03:55 PM
It's not real blacking up, though, is it? It's not boot black on the face and singing 'Mammy' blacking up. It's dressing up as red injuns, which everyone did when they were kids.

Native Americans I think you will find B.

Not red either.

Sir C
10-19-2017, 03:56 PM
Native Americans I think you will find B.

Not red either.

First Nation Peoples, actually.

Peter
10-19-2017, 04:07 PM

Perhaps. I think the real point is that if you are going to allow 'offensive' to be defined as anything that might annoy, irritate or upset any individual then it is going to be impossible to create a rule for people to follow. You would have to outlaw pretty much everything, just on the off chance.

So, sorry, but it IS a debate. It cant not be.

Ash
10-19-2017, 04:08 PM
What is disturbing is the notion that one is not even entitled to voice an opinion. There IS no debate; you DONT get to have an opinion. This is accepted fact.

To paraphrase a quote I read recently in connection with antifa: There are two types of Fascists. Fascists, and anti-Fascists.

Peter
10-19-2017, 04:30 PM
To paraphrase a quote I read recently in connection with antifa: There are two types of Fascists. Fascists, and anti-Fascists.

"We will tell you when you are being racist. That's how it works"

Do these idiots genuinely believe that?

redgunamo
10-19-2017, 04:45 PM

:nod: La Rabbia e l’Orgoglio, or The Rage and the Pride, in English money.