PDA

View Full Version : Man dies on Monday. The Guardian waits until Thursday to publish a hatchet job on him

Burney
10-19-2017, 10:09 AM
Stay classy, Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2017/oct/19/remembering-sean-hughes-the-sadness-is-he-didnt-get-to-be-old-just-lonely

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Stay classy, Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2017/oct/19/remembering-sean-hughes-the-sadness-is-he-didnt-get-to-be-old-just-lonely
:hehe: Your obsession with the Guardian really is out of control

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2017, 10:21 AM

Although that really is a poorly written ****ish piece

Burney
10-19-2017, 10:30 AM

I'd have had a pop at it wherever it appeared, tbh :shrug:

Even if it's 100% true, it's wildly unnecessary and reeks of axe-grinding.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-19-2017, 10:31 AM
I would class you as a hatchet job lover b so why the chagrin about this one? Did you like Hughes or is it your odium toward the Gruaniad?

Burney
10-19-2017, 10:38 AM
I would class you as a hatchet job lover b so why the chagrin about this one? Did you like Hughes or is it your odium toward the Gruaniad?

However you class me, I'm not, so your premise is flawed. :shrug:

I don't believe that, in the the week someone dies, it is appropriate to publish a piece that smears a man who can't answer back with snidey hints and unsubstantiated allegations about his character. Why would you do it? It's not like he was Jimmy Savile, ffs! He was a man who clearly had a variety of human flaws - like most of us. Why would you decide to publish a piece rubbishing the man in the press the week he dies?

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2017, 11:49 AM
I'd have had a pop at it wherever it appeared, tbh :shrug:

Even if it's 100% true, it's wildly unnecessary and reeks of axe-grinding.

Absolutely - I apologise for my initial reaction. It's rank poor journalism - and regardless of your views on Hughes (who from what I know was actually a highly regarded and liked figure even in the bitchy world of comics) as you say totally unecessary

barrybueno
10-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Stay classy, Guardian

Sounds like a bit of attention seeking and bitterness from this journo. Then again imagine looking like Prince Harry without actually being Prince Harry. That's gotta suck imo.

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2017, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a bit of attention seeking and bitterness from this journo. Then again imagine looking like Prince Harry without actually being Prince Harry. That's gotta suck imo.

Oddly no comments allowed. Despicable **** deserves some **** for this alone

"I shall go to his funeral on Monday, and I will still be asking myself: who was my old friend? And why did his life turn out this way?"

Sir C
10-19-2017, 12:30 PM
Oddly no comments allowed. Despicable **** deserves some **** for this alone

"I shall go to his funeral on Monday, and I will still be asking myself: who was my old friend? And why did his life turn out this way?"

Would I be wrong in thinking that most peoples' lives end up with a funeral?

Burney
10-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Would I be wrong in thinking that most peoples' lives end up with a funeral?

Generally it’s considered good form to wait until their lives have ended before having the funeral.

Sir C
10-19-2017, 12:39 PM
Generally it’s considered good form to wait until their lives have ended before having the funeral.

These matters have such complicated etiquette issues, don't they?

Sir C
10-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Absolutely - I apologise for my initial reaction. It's rank poor journalism - and regardless of your views on Hughes (who from what I know was actually a highly regarded and liked figure even in the bitchy world of comics) as you say totally unecessary

There's no place for this sort of ársebanditry on awimb, mate.

'I apologise' indeed. WHY DON'T YOU JUST SUCK HIS COCK?

Burney
10-19-2017, 12:42 PM
There's no place for this sort of ársebanditry on awimb, mate.

'I apologise' indeed. WHY DON'T YOU JUST SUCK HIS COCK?

Errr, do I get a say in this? Because i’d really prefer it if he didn’t.

Sir C
10-19-2017, 12:44 PM

You don't think he might be feeling a little rejected now, b?

Why would you be so hurtful?

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2017, 12:57 PM

I'm definitely with you on this b - if you see what I mean. I do appreciate that admitting you are wrong has no place in society today - I would apologise for doing that, but surely that would be wrong. It's all so confusing

Burney
10-19-2017, 01:11 PM
You don't think he might be feeling a little rejected now, b?

Why would you be so hurtful?

I just don't want to ruin a friendship with sex.

Sir C
10-19-2017, 01:14 PM
I just don't want to ruin a friendship with sex.

It's not sex if you don't kiss him. Duh.