PDA

View Full Version : I haven't had a drink now since 10 pm last night.

Sir C
10-17-2017, 12:33 PM
Not going to get one until 6 pm on Thursday.

This is fúcking torture. :-(

redgunamo
10-17-2017, 01:23 PM

Are you dieting, C?

Sir C
10-17-2017, 01:26 PM
Are you dieting, C?

No, r. But since oevr the last 5 years I've got fit and given up drugs and fags, I thought I might as well go the whole hog and have two days per week off the grog, to allow liver repair.

I'm going to live forever.

Ash
10-17-2017, 01:27 PM
Are you dieting, C?

It did remind me of his posts from many, many years ago now when he first lost weight, and said that he was looking at a lettuce leaf which was all he would get to eat until din-dins.

Pokster
10-17-2017, 01:29 PM

So no alcohol in 16 hrs... while asleep for about 8 of them, and you are feeling terrible. I guess you were on the edge of being an alki

Pokster
10-17-2017, 01:30 PM

Are you going to learn how to fly... high

Actually, you have already done that

Ash
10-17-2017, 01:30 PM

Are you quite sure you want to do that?

Which part of complete economic collapse, starvation, nuclear war and totalitarian/theocratic dystopia are you most looking forward to? I must admit, I'm not terribly optimistic, you see.

Sir C
10-17-2017, 01:31 PM
So no alcohol in 16 hrs... while asleep for about 8 of them, and you are feeling terrible. I guess you were on the edge of being an alki

Thanks for the diagnosis, man. That's really caring of you.

Burney
10-17-2017, 01:31 PM

:hehe: 'on the edge'

Sir C
10-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Are you quite sure you want to do that?

Which part of complete economic collapse, starvation, nuclear war and totalitarian/theocratic dystopia are you most looking forward to? I must admit, I'm not terribly optimistic, you see.

I'm not too bothered by all that, a. I'll be off living in the back of beyond when all that happens.

Burney
10-17-2017, 01:32 PM
No, r. But since oevr the last 5 years I've got fit and given up drugs and fags, I thought I might as well go the whole hog and have two days per week off the grog, to allow liver repair.

I nipped out for a quick pint lunchtime.

I'm going to die at the bottom of a stairwell in a welter of blood and puke. :thumbup:

Burney
10-17-2017, 01:34 PM

He's also probably wildly overestimating how much sleep you got without a decent drink inside you.

Sir C
10-17-2017, 01:35 PM

I'm going to die at the bottom of a stairwell in a welter of blood and puke. :thumbup:

Just the one? Very restrained. wd b!

Sir C
10-17-2017, 01:36 PM
He's also probably wildly overestimating how much sleep you got without a decent drink inside you.

No, no, I had a few snifters last night. It's Tuesdays and Wednesdays which are now dry. :-(

I'm not going to manage this, am I?

Pokster
10-17-2017, 01:36 PM

I have experience with this with my old man... i predict you won't live forever and Moses will out live you....comfortably

Pokster
10-17-2017, 01:37 PM

It's the way you would want to go... the rock and roll lifestyle gets to you eventually b

Sir C
10-17-2017, 01:37 PM
I have experience with this with my old man... i predict you won't live forever and Moses will out live you....comfortably

I'm just trying to work out where you got this reputation for being a mean-spirited miserable chip-písser, p.

Pokster
10-17-2017, 01:38 PM
I'm just trying to work out where you got this reputation for being a mean-spirited miserable chip-písser, p.

:shrug: spending time with you and b at a guess :)

Burney
10-17-2017, 01:41 PM
No, no, I had a few snifters last night. It's Tuesdays and Wednesdays which are now dry. :-(

I'm not going to manage this, am I?

It depends what you’re trying to ‘manage’, I supppse.

If you mean: will I manage not to drink until tomorrow night?’, then yes, you will.

If you mean’Will doing this fundamentally change my relationship with alcohol?’, then no, it won’t.

Sir C
10-17-2017, 01:43 PM
It depends what you’re trying to ‘manage’, I supppse.

If you mean: will I manage not to drink until tomorrow night?’, then yes, you will.

If you mean’Will doing this fundamentally change my relationship with alcohol?’, then no, it won’t.

THURSDAY NIGHT! NOT TOMORROW NIGHT! THURSDAY! CHRIST!

Sorry. Bit twitchy.

Burney
10-17-2017, 01:46 PM
THURSDAY NIGHT! NOT TOMORROW NIGHT! THURSDAY! CHRIST!

Sorry. Bit twitchy.

Oh, right. You probably ought to have tried starting off small and building up. Y’know, 24 hours one week, then 48, then 72. Just going straight into the 72 hours seems rash. Dunno what you were thinking of.

SWv2
10-17-2017, 02:00 PM

I hate to be the one that delivers bad news but such abstinence as referred to above will do less than **** all to actually repair your liver.

If your car has bald tyres and one doesn't drive them then the thread does not re-appear, the tyres are fúcked. Further driving may render them even worse but less does not correct them.

If your liver is in a state of ill repair after 30-40 years of alcohol abuse then 1-2 nights a week is like a raindrop falling into the ocean.

Sir C
10-17-2017, 02:07 PM
I hate to be the one that delivers bad news but such abstinence as referred to above will do less than **** all to actually repair your liver.

If your car has bald tyres and one doesn't drive them then the thread does not re-appear, the tyres are fúcked. Further driving may render them even worse but less does not correct them.

If your liver is in a state of ill repair after 30-40 years of alcohol abuse then 1-2 nights a week is like a raindrop falling into the ocean.

Thank you Doctor fúcking Kildare.

Look to your own liver, and I shall look to mine. I can assure you that by this time on Thursday I will have the gizzards of a 12 year old virgin.

redgunamo
10-17-2017, 02:10 PM

Perhaps he's thinking of hounds. Depending on the cause of the damage, their livers can, and do, re-generate themselves.

SWv2
10-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Thank you Doctor fúcking Kildare.

Look to your own liver, and I shall look to mine. I can assure you that by this time on Thursday I will have the gizzards of a 12 year old virgin.

Fúck off and steal a bicycle you ungrateful stroke boy Dutch ponce.

I withdraw my sound advice.

Good day.

Sir C
10-17-2017, 02:16 PM
Fúck off and steal a bicycle you ungrateful stroke boy Dutch ponce.

I withdraw my sound advice.

Good day.

As Lady Thatcher told us, 'you know when you've one the argument when the Paddy reverts to personal abuse'.

SWv2
10-17-2017, 02:22 PM
As Lady Thatcher told us, 'you know when you've one the argument when the Paddy reverts to personal abuse'.

I see no personal abuse, merely a succinct summation of facts we have gathered and agreed on.

Burney
10-17-2017, 02:25 PM
I see no personal abuse, merely a succinct summation of facts we have gathered and agreed on.

The human liver does regenerate and repair itself, though. Cirrhosis is essentially the point at which it ceases to do so

SWv2
10-17-2017, 02:30 PM
The human liver does regenerate and repair itself, though. Cirrhosis is essentially the point at which it ceases to do so

:nod:

This regeneration however takes time, and taking two nights off in the middle of the week, would not suffice.

One has to more or less give up drinking and where pray tell is the fun in that?

PSRB
10-17-2017, 04:06 PM

I've not had a cigarette since roughly the same time

It's ****ing torture and will be for another 48 hours or so :-(

7sisters
10-17-2017, 04:27 PM

Warfarin’s your best friend here SC. Controls your drinking habit no end. Just have to remember not to bump into stuff ☹️

Burney
10-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Warfarin’s your best friend here SC. Controls your drinking habit no end. Just have to remember not to bump into stuff ☹️

I’m really not sure that rat poison is what Sir C needs

Rich
10-18-2017, 07:47 AM

Well then, did you make it through the night? How was it?

Pokster
10-18-2017, 08:04 AM

FFS, it is 24 hours without a drink, he's not camping in -30 degrees with no supplies... MTFU

Sir C
10-18-2017, 08:15 AM

After the initial confusion of not having something to sip on whilst cooking dinner, it was remarkably straightforward.

I'm considering extending the drought until Friday.

Rich
10-18-2017, 08:27 AM
After the initial confusion of not having something to sip on whilst cooking dinner, it was remarkably straightforward.

I find that the second you walk through the door and you're still feeling rather stressed from the working day & cooking are the main issues.

Also, I find that it's good to have something else to drink instead while sitting down after eating - be it a coffee or a soft drink.

Sir C
10-18-2017, 08:31 AM
I find that the second you walk through the door and you're still feeling rather stressed from the working day & cooking are the main issues.

Also, I find that it's good to have something else to drink instead while sitting down after eating - be it a coffee or a soft drink.

I sipped water all evening. Perhaps I will give up the drink entirely.

Luis Anaconda
10-18-2017, 08:40 AM

I haven't had a drink since Saturday - well early Sunday morning. I just feel tired as I've had too much sleep

barrybueno
10-18-2017, 11:42 AM

I've started going 5/6 days without a drink, my doctor would like to think it's her advice regarding my gout and high blood pressure but really it's financial :-(

Maybe you can be my sponsor? :thumbup:

Rich
10-18-2017, 11:44 AM
I've started going 5/6 days without a drink, my doctor would like to think it's her advice regarding my gout and high blood pressure but really it's financial :-(

Maybe you can be my sponsor? :thumbup:

Six days?! You realise that there are only seven in a week, don't you? Perhaps you can reduce the quantity & increase the frequency?

barrybueno
10-18-2017, 11:51 AM
I'm a 'Small Faces' drinker Rich... All Or Nothing. 3 or 4 pints here and there during the week would just piss me off tbh...

oops, old skool Williams :homer: