Burney
10-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Quiche. A family sized quiche. :-(

Real men don't eat quiche, do they?

Instant 'Mi Goreng' noodles. :-\

Sir C
10-12-2017, 10:44 AM

You're going to need some chilli oil to make that palatable, I fear.

Burney
10-12-2017, 10:47 AM
You're going to need some chilli oil to make that palatable, I fear.

It comes with Ketjap Manis, chilli flakes, some brown powder (largely MSG, I assume) and some dehydrated vegetables. It's quite tasty, actually.

Although I do have to keep telling myself it definitely isn't a Pot Noodle.

Sir C
10-12-2017, 11:04 AM

Update: smothered the ****er in Encona. I like to see a poof eat that.

Pokster
10-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Update: smothered the ****er in Encona. I like to see a poof eat that.

Get a mirror

7sisters
10-12-2017, 11:16 AM

I made a pretty passable attempt at Nasi Goreng the other day. The challenge was in removing the shredded shallots from the pan at the golden crispy stage. I have to own up to two attempts. The first batch being disappointingly carbonated :-(

Luis Anaconda
10-12-2017, 11:26 AM

ham, brie, bread, coke

World's End Stella
10-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Pork belly banh mi and water.

And I apologise profusely that it wasn't made by some old bird in Saigon, or wherever. :rolleyes:

IUFG
10-12-2017, 11:46 AM

Sriracha with cheesey beans on toast, with a microwaved poached egg on top.

Sir C
10-12-2017, 12:03 PM

Microwaved, i? Why not simply eat a bowl of cancer?

Sir C
10-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Pork belly banh mi and water.

And I apologise profusely that it wasn't made by some old bird in Saigon, or wherever. :rolleyes:

There is nothing quite like a banh mi :cloud9:

And what you've been given there is nothing like a banh mi :rolleyes:

IUFG
10-12-2017, 12:07 PM
Microwaved, i? Why not simply eat a bowl of cancer?

Well, In the absence of a hob at work, the microwave was the best option.

Ash
10-12-2017, 01:13 PM

I have no idea. There are so many rules it's hard to keep up.

Fried eggs, toast, coffee.

SWv2
10-12-2017, 01:19 PM

On Thursday they do the Aubergine special in Govindas. Bang on.

:eat:

SWv2
10-12-2017, 01:20 PM

€3 says you are a quiche man.

You strike me as they type. No offence of course.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Cheese and marmalade toastie (must be Double Gloucetser and Dundee Orange with a merest hint of mustard (must be Maille Dijon))

Burney
10-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Cheese and marmalade toastie (must be Double Gloucetser and Dundee Orange with a merest hint of mustard (must be Maille Dijon))

Jesus fùcking wept! :-(

I mean, I know we josh one another about things, h, but I really hope you're not being serious here?

Cheese and fùcking marmalade? Are you mentally ill?

Sir C
10-12-2017, 01:38 PM
On Thursday they do the Aubergine special in Govindas. Bang on.

:eat:

Auber***ingine?

Have a look in the mirror, mate. Your ancestors didn't die building the M1 for you to ponce around with fúcking aubergines.

Poof. No offence.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Oh pipe down you pompous old tosser. You have crab apply jelly with your pork don't you? I mean, I am talking just a smidgen of marmalade;

Sir C
10-12-2017, 01:40 PM
I have no idea. There are so many rules it's hard to keep up.

Fried eggs, toast, coffee.

Free range eggs? Runny yolks? Toast with proper butter (slightly salted)?

Burney
10-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Oh pipe down you pompous old tosser. You have crab apply jelly with your pork don't you? I mean, I am talking just a smidgen of marmalade;

I do no such thing. Marmalade has no business with savoury items, you utter, utter degenerate.

SWv2
10-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Auber***ingine?

Have a look in the mirror, mate. Your ancestors didn't die building the M1 for you to ponce around with fúcking aubergines.

Poof. No offence.

Fúck off and rob a bicycle!

:vsign:

Burney
10-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Auber***ingine?

Poof. No offence.

In his lunch choices, sw often reveals that he is quite the mincing metrosexual-about-town. It's all falafel this and quinoa that.

I assume that in reality he's actually just eating a few boiled spuds his missus has wrapped up in a manky old bit of canvas with a paper twist of salt, but he doesn't want to shame himself in front of the bàstard English, so he pretends he's eating all these global delicacies.

Ash
10-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Free range eggs? Runny yolks? Toast with proper butter (slightly salted)?

Yes, yes and afraid not. I occasionally get real butter but you have to get it out of the fridge the day before to be able to spread it, so I tend to use the fake stuff.

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Yes, yes and afraid not. I occasionally get real butter but you have to get it out of the fridge the day before to be able to spread it, so I tend to use the fake stuff.

A butter dish is your friend in this matter, my friend. Pop it in there and leave it out.

Luis Anaconda
10-12-2017, 02:02 PM
A butter dish is your friend in this matter, my friend. Pop it in there and leave it out.

Good advice when it comes to butter. Bad advice for Harvey Weinstein

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-12-2017, 02:04 PM
I do no such thing. Marmalade has no business with savoury items, you utter, utter degenerate.

I have a sweet tooth :shrug: I'd never even heard of crab apple jelly til I married into the middle classes.

IUFG
10-12-2017, 02:05 PM
€3 says you are a quiche man.

You strike me as they type. No offence of course.

Nah. Too dry, sw

Talking of aubergines, I do like a decent baba ganoush

Ash
10-12-2017, 02:05 PM

The system must be more sophisticated than that though. I have bad memories of butter dishes, and grew up not liking butter because it was so often rancid. :-( Once it hit the butter dish it never went back in the fridge.

Sir C
10-12-2017, 02:09 PM
The system must be more sophisticated than that though. I have bad memories of butter dishes, and grew up not liking butter because it was so often rancid. :-( Once it hit the butter dish it never went back in the fridge.

Hear him! Hear him!

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:13 PM

Obviously you must refrigerate it in the summer months, but most of the time it's fine. I don't think butter has ever lasted long enough to go 'rancid' in my house.

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Hear him! Hear him!

How many times? 'Rancid' and 'soft' are not the same thing - although I'll grant you that your penís does combine the two traits.

Sir C
10-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Fúck off and rob a bicycle!

:vsign:

There's rude.

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Good advice when it comes to butter. Bad advice for Harvey Weinstein

Poor old Harvey. :-( What's the world coming to when a movie mogul can't get his ham shanked by young, pulchritudinous starlets in exchange for a big role?

What one might call 'part exchange'.

Sir C
10-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Obviously you must refrigerate it in the summer months, but most of the time it's fine. I don't think butter has ever lasted long enough to go 'rancid' in my house.

I bet it goes yellow :puke:

World's End Stella
10-12-2017, 02:28 PM

One word.

Lurpak.

Pokster
10-12-2017, 02:28 PM

Quiz question for you... what is the only food that won't go off if left in its natural state

Pokster
10-12-2017, 02:29 PM

And what is the only food there have been no known allergies to

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Quiz question for you... what is the only food that won't go off if left in its natural state

I know! I know!

But I shall let others guess.

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:31 PM
One word.

Lurpak.

Do you mean that spreadable muck?

Not butter. FACT.

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:32 PM

Butter is supposed to be yellow. Or at least yellowish.

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:33 PM
And what is the only food there have been no known allergies to

This one I don't know. :rubchin:

Pokster
10-12-2017, 02:33 PM

I will type that one up by 4pm

Pokster
10-12-2017, 02:34 PM

If you think about baby food there is a clue

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:35 PM
If you think about baby food there is a clue

Is it Rice?

Ash
10-12-2017, 02:36 PM

Music: the food of love?

Pokster
10-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Is it Rice?

no, afraid not

Pokster
10-12-2017, 02:37 PM

:vsign: ......

redgunamo
10-12-2017, 02:39 PM

:nod: Sounds to really make you rub and scrub.

Whatever that may mean.

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:42 PM

I've heard freeform jazz. It goes off alarming.

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:44 PM
no, afraid not

Hmmm. I don't know, then.

Did you know that the answer to your first question has long been used to dress wounds precisely because of its antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties?

Pokster
10-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Hmmm. I don't know, then.

Did you know that the answer to your first question has long been used to dress wounds precisely because of its antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties?

I didn't know that... also good for treating hayfever.

Second one is pears.. hence why a lot of baby food has pears & ?????

World's End Stella
10-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Yup. And it is butter. And it's very good.

:nod:

World's End Stella
10-12-2017, 02:49 PM

I had a girlfriend in university who claimed to have an allergy to chocolate.

She was tested once and didn't, and the doctor told her that had never been a documented case of an allergy to chocolate.

Turned out she was just a nutter.

Ash
10-12-2017, 02:50 PM
I've heard freeform jazz. It goes off alarming.

Not really music though, tbh.

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Yup. And it is butter. And it's very good.

:nod:

It's spreadable when cold, which means it's not butter. It's blended with rapeseed oil and is therefore not butter.

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:52 PM
I had a girlfriend in university who claimed to have an allergy to chocolate.

She was tested once and didn't, and the doctor told her that had never been a documented case of an allergy to chocolate.

Turned out she was just a nutter.

I had a girlfriend who was allergic to absolutely fücking everything. Many was the evening's rumpo that would be ruined by her accidentally ingesting something and going all weird.

And yes, I did start to wonder whether she was doing it on purpose to get out of having sex with me. :-(

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Not really music though, tbh.

I was once shhh'd during a performance of this rubbish. There the bloke is, emitting tuneless, discordant squeaks, farts and squiddly-diddly bits that were simply a horrible racket and I'm getting 'shhh'd' for asking if anyone fancies a pint? Fùcking cheek

World's End Stella
10-12-2017, 03:00 PM
I had a girlfriend who was allergic to absolutely fücking everything. Many was the evening's rumpo that would be ruined by her accidentally ingesting something and going all weird.

And yes, I did start to wonder whether she was doing it on purpose to get out of having sex with me. :-(

My nutter had a fit of some kind which resulted in her hyperventilating, an ambulance being called, all sorts. She claimed it was a reaction to her having eaten chocolate, so she got tested.

I discovered over the next 6 months or so that she was actually just a nutter, particularly once a month. Which had been the issue.

Burney
10-12-2017, 03:12 PM
My nutter had a fit of some kind which resulted in her hyperventilating, an ambulance being called, all sorts. She claimed it was a reaction to her having eaten chocolate, so she got tested.

I discovered over the next 6 months or so that she was actually just a nutter, particularly once a month. Which had been the issue.

Odd creatures, women. Not really normal if you ask me.