PDA

View Full Version : So Her Majesty will no longer be laying a wreath at the Cenotaph due to age and

Burney
10-12-2017, 09:58 AM
infirmity. Sad seens imo.

Although apparently, being an increasingly frail 91 year-old woman isn't a good enough excuse for this rampant prick. :shakehead:

Sir C
10-12-2017, 10:08 AM

Although apparently, being an increasingly frail 91 year-old woman isn't a good enough excuse for this rampant prick. :shakehead:

It's the begiining of the end, b. You know what's coming, don't you? His Royal Lunatic Highness the Prince of Making This Country A Republic Inside Ten Years. :-(

Burney
10-12-2017, 10:16 AM
It's the begiining of the end, b. You know what's coming, don't you? His Royal Lunatic Highness the Prince of Making This Country A Republic Inside Ten Years. :-(

I do find the prospect of her going quite horrid, I must admit. I'm more sanguine about Charles than most, though. Not because I think he isn't a bit of a div, but because I think the system will hem him in sufficiently and - if it doesn't - he can if necessary be quietly moved on.

It's going to take a long time to get used to the idea of 'God Save The King', though. :-(

Sir C
10-12-2017, 10:20 AM
I do find the prospect of her going quite horrid, I must admit. I'm more sanguine about Charles than most, though. Not because I think he isn't a bit of a div, but because I think the system will hem him in sufficiently and - if it doesn't - he can if necessary be quietly moved on.

It's going to take a long time to get used to the idea of 'God Save The King', though. :-(

I fear that he's worse than 'a bit of a div' and might well become a vocal, proselytising loony for any number of nonsensical causes.

'God Save The King' sounds pleasingly martial to me. I think I'll rather like it.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-12-2017, 10:23 AM

Jolly right too. Think of all the millions we'll make selling off those ridiculous palaces and castles.

We'll be able to build a few new hospitals c - and fill them with home grown ISIS cockwarts who've blown themselves up with their useless weed-killer bombs.

Burney
10-12-2017, 10:24 AM
I fear that he's worse than 'a bit of a div' and might well become a vocal, proselytising loony for any number of nonsensical causes.

'God Save The King' sounds pleasingly martial to me. I think I'll rather like it.

I don't know. I think he's been pretty successfully inculcated with the duties, responsibilities and limitations of being a constitutional monarch over a lifetime. I suspect he'll be less vocal than people think.

SWv2
10-12-2017, 10:24 AM

Political Editor for The Sun.

Now I am no current affairs nor political newshound but even I can tell this is not a journalistic position of much gravitas.

I think his newspaper is big on the whole Remembrance thing, the poppy etc.

Burney
10-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Now I am no current affairs nor political newshound but even I can tell this is not a journalistic position of much gravitas.

Perhaps so, but it's also very pro-Her Maj. Either way, his tweet went down like a cup of cold sick and he deleted it amidst everyone telling him what a cùnt he is.

Luis Anaconda
10-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Perhaps so, but it's also very pro-Her Maj. Either way, his tweet went down like a cup of cold sick and he deleted it amidst everyone telling him what a cùnt he is.

:hehe: Good

Burney
10-12-2017, 10:47 AM
:hehe: Good

I take it your paths have crossed, then, la?

Luis Anaconda
10-12-2017, 10:48 AM

Au contraire - his predecessor (minus one, I think) Trevor Kavanagh was a highly respected and influential journalist - arguably more so than his broadsheet contemporaries. Have to admit I haven't heard of this **** but was quite glad to find when googling him that his middle name is Zoltan.

Luis Anaconda
10-12-2017, 10:49 AM
I take it your paths have crossed, then, la?

Actually no - just thought the tweet was reprehensible (and I am no royalist)

Burney
10-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Actually no - just thought the tweet was reprehensible (and I am no royalist)

The thing that was particularly reprehensible (and funny) was that he was trying to be holier-than-thou about it to The Queen, a woman who served in the war whose record of public service (whatever you may think of the monarchy) is pretty much irreproachable.

Cünt.

Sir C
10-12-2017, 10:59 AM
The thing that was particularly reprehensible (and funny) was that he was trying to be holier-than-thou about it to The Queen, a woman who served in the war whose record of public service (whatever you may think of the monarchy) is pretty much irreproachable.

Cünt.

I've hated all tabloid journalists since that episode of Morse where that **** was nasty to Morse. :nod:

I must say, Chief Superintendent Strange wasn't as supportive as he might have been.

Ash
10-12-2017, 12:27 PM

Cünt.

Apart from being vicious, nasty and spectacularly ill-judged, the whole "I'm a loyal subject" thing he starts with is the kind of pomposity that turns some of us off about royalism in the first place. And he's clearly not that much of a loyal subject given what he goes on to say about a frail old lady, he's an unpleasant, self-important little cùnt.

Burney
10-12-2017, 12:37 PM
I've hated all tabloid journalists since that episode of Morse where that **** was nasty to Morse. :nod:

I must say, Chief Superintendent Strange wasn't as supportive as he might have been.

Yeah, but Morse was a bit of a cùnt himself imo. He was often unkind to poor old Lewis.

Burney
10-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Apart from being vicious, nasty and spectacularly ill-judged, the whole "I'm a loyal subject" thing he starts with is the kind of pomposity that turns some of us off about royalism in the first place. And he's clearly not that much of a loyal subject given what he goes on to say about a frail old lady, he's an unpleasant, self-important little cùnt.

Yes. Mind you, I think the fact that he clearly thought he’d get applauded by pompous poppy-pushers and instead got a thorough kicking from all parties makes it pretty funny.

Sir C
10-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Yeah, but Morse was a bit of a cùnt himself imo. He was often unkind to poor old Lewis.

What a thing to say!

Lewis loved him :cry:

HE DIDN'T DIE HE DIDN'T DIE HE DIDN'T DIE!

Burney
10-12-2017, 12:44 PM
What a thing to say!

Lewis loved him :cry:

HE DIDN'T DIE HE DIDN'T DIE HE DIDN'T DIE!

Stockholm Syndrome imo. He came to love his abuser.

After all, there was a reason why every woman who ever had anything to do with Morse left him. It’s ‘cos he was a cantankerous opera bore with a gimpy leg.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-12-2017, 12:45 PM

Very succinctly put Ash. I was going to called him an odious little pustule but I think you have hit the nail squarely enough.

I have no time for monarchies but I am sure old Queenie will be mortified that she cannot attend and I am equally sure she must be in ghastly health to even think about skipping.

Sir C
10-12-2017, 12:46 PM

After all, there was a reason why every woman who ever had anything to do with Morse left him. It’s ‘cos he was a cantankerous opera bore with a gimpy leg.

He never, ever, not even once, got his winkle wet, b :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-12-2017, 12:46 PM
I think also pulling the tweet shines a light on his cowardice.

Burney
10-12-2017, 12:55 PM
He never, ever, not even once, got his winkle wet, b :-(

I thought he had various ladies in his past?

Are you telling me he died chaste? Poor fellow. :-(

Although I bet the inside of his jag smelt of ale and scotch egg farts.

Sir C
10-12-2017, 12:59 PM
I thought he had various ladies in his past?

Are you telling me he died chaste? Poor fellow. :-(

Although I bet the inside of his jag smelt of ale and scotch egg farts.

He 'had' various ladies but only in a 'mooning around quoting poetry' style. My belief is that he was returned to his maker virgo intacto.

(I suspect there may also have been a background hint of vomit in the Jag, from those mornings when the hangover kicked in that little bit too hard...)

Ash
10-12-2017, 01:08 PM

It's also a bit of a trope in detective fiction / tv drama. Holmes and Watson. Piorot and Hastings.

Burney
10-12-2017, 01:31 PM
It's also a bit of a trope in detective fiction / tv drama. Holmes and Watson. Piorot and Hastings.

:nod: And Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in True Detective.

Tony C
10-12-2017, 02:55 PM
She will be cutting back on her Roysl Ascot duties too...Gold Cup day only

Burney
10-12-2017, 02:59 PM
She will be cutting back on her Roysl Ascot duties too...Gold Cup day only

I don't want the Queen to die, t. :cry:

SWv2
10-12-2017, 03:56 PM
I don't want the Queen to die, t. :cry:

Day off work all the same, two maybe.

Win win.