10-11-2017, 02:47 PM
:cloud9:

http://www.football365.com/news/ozil-agent-speaks-out-over-arsenal-contract

Brilliant :-|

SWv2
10-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Brilliant :-|

Must be true.

I expect this is just his agent trying a positive spin on recent media which has painted MO in quite a bad light. Did I read a suggestion from Keown of feigned injury?

Monty92
10-11-2017, 03:20 PM
I told you that about 3 months ago when the **** moved house :shrug:

PSRB
10-11-2017, 03:54 PM

Fairly sure I've always said I thought he'd stay. Just relaying media affirmation

Tony C
10-11-2017, 03:59 PM
He's staying because no one wants him...a good opportunity for us to cut his fee then.

If there's no competition then no need to pay him 250 a week.

SWv2
10-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Fairly sure I've always said I thought he'd stay. Just relaying media affirmation

Holy fúck. You are putting some serious weight into a spurious internet quote.

redgunamo
10-11-2017, 04:22 PM
Holy fúck. You are putting some serious weight into a spurious internet quote.

It's a pretty desperate situation for us, ain't it. We really need him to stay.

Ash
10-11-2017, 04:28 PM

:nono: That was just to get a bit further away from you though.

SWv2
10-11-2017, 04:30 PM
It's a pretty desperate situation for us, ain't it. We really need him to stay.

No we don’t, we are as the cliché goes bigger than him, bigger than any player. He leaves, he is replaced, we move on.

I can understand his agent trying to spin this scenario as he still has to turn out for us each week, and on that basis needs supporters on his sides, however at this point of proceedings it is very difficult to see him staying.

If he really wanted to stay it would have been sorted in the summer, now it is definitely within his interest to see out his deal and see what is on offer elsewhere.

redgunamo
10-11-2017, 04:33 PM
No we don’t, we are as the cliché goes bigger than him, bigger than any player. He leaves, he is replaced, we move on.

I can understand his agent trying to spin this scenario as he still has to turn out for us each week, and on that basis needs supporters on his sides, however at this point of proceedings it is very difficult to see him staying.

If he really wanted to stay it would have been sorted in the summer, now it is definitely within his interest to see out his deal and see what is on offer elsewhere.

Oh, I get that, from Mesut's point of view. But I reckon we, or at least Wenger, would be bitterly disappointed if he left. After all, didn't he essentially say he would stay if Wenger did? Özil is still our jewel in the crown, after all. Certainly one of them anyway.

redgunamo
10-12-2017, 07:49 AM

Calum Chambers too apparently, which is actually far more important; the lad is a serious talent on my FIFA career. PSG want 95 million quid for him :-|

SWv2
10-12-2017, 08:24 AM
Calum Chambers too apparently, which is actually far more important; the lad is a serious talent on my FIFA career. PSG want 95 million quid for him :-|

FIFA 18 just out, much excitement chez SW about the fact it will include Lacazette as an Arsenal player. Have to say he has gained an almost legendary status so early in his career.

I did suggest that instead of me forking out €60 on the new game he simply bought the player from Lyon in the FIFA 17 game, but he assures me this is not possible.

:sherlock:

redgunamo
10-12-2017, 08:33 AM
FIFA 18 just out, much excitement chez SW about the fact it will include Lacazette as an Arsenal player. Have to say he has gained an almost legendary status so early in his career.

I did suggest that instead of me forking out €60 on the new game he simply bought the player from Lyon in the FIFA 17 game, but he assures me this is not possible.

I can't imagine why not, unless he hasn't got enough cash. In any case, there's ways around that.

7sisters
10-12-2017, 08:48 AM

We appear to be playing better as a unit without him. :rubchin:

7sisters
10-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Still very much the luxury player at times. He doesn't always 'put in a shift' when we're up against it, so to speak.
His talent is there for all to see but I could never really take the rumours about him going to United as being serious. Maureen loves a workhorse and that isn't him.

PSRB
10-12-2017, 08:54 AM
We appear to be playing better as a unit without him. :rubchin:

We'd have put 8 past Brighton if he'd been playing*

*conjecture

7sisters
10-12-2017, 08:56 AM
We'd have put 8 past Brighton if he'd been playing*

*conjecture

That is possible. His best form is usually reserved for the weaker sides.

IUFG
10-12-2017, 09:16 AM
Still very much the luxury player at times. He doesn't always 'put in a shift' when we're up against it, so to speak.
His talent is there for all to see but I could never really take the rumours about him going to United as being serious. Maureen loves a workhorse and that isn't him.

istr Ozil was a much different player when he was at Real Madrid. Often very direct, running at (and past) players. Does nothing like that at The Arsenal.

Still, I suppose he wasn't surrounded by second rate ****ers at RM...

7sisters
10-12-2017, 09:40 AM
istr Ozil was a much different player when he was at Real Madrid. Often very direct, running at (and past) players. Does nothing like that at The Arsenal.

Wengerout ?

PSRB
10-12-2017, 09:48 AM

Mesut Ozil has provided more assists (42) and created more chances (407) than any other player*

*Since his PL debut

World's End Stella
10-12-2017, 09:48 AM

My recollection of him at RM was him having far more time and space on the ball than he does with us, and more options in front of him. Because he played with better players and in a league with less teams that offered RM any threat. In that environment I thought he did very well.

Before Mourinho substituted him on 70 minutes, of course.

IUFG
10-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Wengerout ?

without doubt, 7s

IUFG
10-12-2017, 10:26 AM
Mesut Ozil has provided more assists (42) and created more chances (407) than any other player*

*Since his PL debut

He's a fine player, alright.

Just a different one to the one I remember at RM.

Ash
10-12-2017, 12:32 PM

You need to put your foot down here, I reckon. Remind him that you're not a bottomless pit of money and if he wanted the game he shouldn't have blown the Lacazette budget on the shirt.

Meanwhile, you know what to get him for Christmas. :-)

SWv2
10-12-2017, 01:21 PM
You need to put your foot down here, I reckon. Remind him that you're not a bottomless pit of money and if he wanted the game he shouldn't have blown the Lacazette budget on the shirt.

Meanwhile, you know what to get him for Christmas. :-)

Exactly why I cannot buy it now.

:nod: