PDA

View Full Version : I went to Waitrose for my lunch

World's End Stella
10-11-2017, 12:26 PM
and it was quite exceptional.

Spicy salmon crunch sushi roll, mango fingers and a nakd bakewell tart bar.

Shocked at how tasty it all was. :eat:

Sir C
10-11-2017, 12:41 PM

I made a sandwich from fridge leftovers.

2 x pork sausage
1 x spicy cooking chorizo
1 x sliced tomato
1 x tablespoon pesto
1 x tablespoon cream cheese (full fat)
Mustard

It was... repulsive.

World's End Stella
10-11-2017, 12:55 PM

2 x pork sausage
1 x sliced tomato
1 x tablespoon pesto
Mustard

It was... repulsive.

Have to say, the prepared food in the UK is getting much better. Does prepared food = processed food? :rubchin:

Mrs WES and I had the house to ourselves so we decided to spend as little time cooking as possible and enjoy the peace and quiet. Ham shanks in apple sauce and cauliflower and cheese with truffle and green beans pre-sliced, all from M&S.

We loved it. :shrug:

Ash
10-11-2017, 12:58 PM

2 x pork sausage
1 x sliced tomato
1 x tablespoon pesto
Mustard

It was... repulsive.

Should have stopped at the sausage and tomato imo.

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:04 PM
Have to say, the prepared food in the UK is getting much better. Does prepared food = processed food? :rubchin:

Mrs WES and I had the house to ourselves so we decided to spend as little time cooking as possible and enjoy the peace and quiet. Ham shanks in apple sauce and cauliflower and cheese with truffle and green beans pre-sliced, all from M&S.

We loved it. :shrug:

I guess it all depends on how stuffed with salt and sugar it is, really.

I confess, I'm not bothered about E numbers. They can throw in as many chemicals as they like as far as I'm concerned.

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Should have stopped at the sausage and tomato imo.

But then I wouldn't have achieved that smug feeling of having used everything up, see? :shrood:

Ash
10-11-2017, 01:05 PM
I guess it all depends on how stuffed with salt and sugar it is, really.

I confess, I'm not bothered about E numbers. They can throw in as many chemicals as they like as far as I'm concerned.

Have you truly abandoned the smokes btw? How long now?

Ash
10-11-2017, 01:08 PM
But then I wouldn't have achieved that smug feeling of having used everything up, see? :shrood:

As long as the smug took the taste of the sandwich away, I suppose.

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Have you truly abandoned the smokes btw? How long now?

:nod: I smoked my last cigarette on Sunday 24th September at 08:00. v also.

Vaping appears to be the answer for me, and given that the nicotine bit is contributing about 1% of the total smoking nastiness, it seems a small price to pay.

Speaking of paying, I calculated today that in the two and a half weeks since quitting we have saved £425. Although vaping liquid costs about £5 per week.

Pokster
10-11-2017, 01:16 PM

Vaping appears to be the answer for me, and given that the nicotine bit is contributing about 1% of the total smoking nastiness, it seems a small price to pay.

Speaking of paying, I calculated today that in the two and a half weeks since quitting we have saved £425. Although vaping liquid costs about £5 per week.

Have you become a moody old grouch since giving up?

Or have you always been like this :-D

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Have you become a moody old grouch since giving up?

Or have you always been like this :-D

:vsign: No grumpiness, since I have nictine when required. :clap:

Ash
10-11-2017, 01:19 PM

My word.

What were you doing up at the ungodly hour of 0800 on a Sunday?

SWv2
10-11-2017, 01:22 PM

I had a fruit scone and an apple.

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:22 PM
My word.

I arise each day at 0600 nowadays, a. I think it's a function of age. And when we're away walking I'm up at 5 every morning, without fail, determined that we are boots on and out the door by 6, before anyone else is around :cloud9:

SWv2
10-11-2017, 01:23 PM
My word.

I awake earlier on a weekend than a weekday. Considering a weekday is 06:30am this is very often a massive problem.

Pokster
10-11-2017, 01:26 PM
I arise each day at 0600 nowadays, a. I think it's a function of age. And when we're away walking I'm up at 5 every morning, without fail, determined that we are boots on and out the door by 6, before anyone else is around :cloud9:

5-30 every work day.. 8-00 at weekend if the kids allow it

World's End Stella
10-11-2017, 01:30 PM
I awake earlier on a weekend than a weekday. Considering a weekday is 06:30am this is very often a massive problem.

I don't get people that can awake at one hour Mon-Fri and then magically sleep in to all hours on Sat/Sun. My body doesn't work like that. :shrug:

My alarm goes at 6am Mon-Fri and on Saturday morning with no alarm I wake at the same time. It's all I can do to lay in to 7am.

Plus, the kitchen on your own early in the morning is a wonderful thing. Cup of tea, Charlie Parker, a fire if it's a tad chilly, the morning papers, perhaps a Madeleine or two to nibble on, hopefully the patter of rain on the glass roof to make you feel safe and cosey...

:cloud9:

Rich
10-11-2017, 01:30 PM

What if several bottles have been taken during the course of the prior evening?

Ash
10-11-2017, 01:32 PM

Even if sir is drinking into the wee hours?

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:33 PM
What if several bottles have been taken during the course of the prior evening?

I have had such an evening about twice in the past year, r.

Two (large) glasses of wine is about my limit these days.

Ash
10-11-2017, 01:34 PM

What's for breakfast on the walking days?

SWv2
10-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Even if sir is drinking into the wee hours?

Perhaps not, but then on these occasions I am woken by 1 or 2 kids wanting to engage me in some form of topical debate. This I accept is my own fault.

Certainly would not be sleeping beyond 7 no matter. Not a hope.

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:35 PM
I don't get people that can awake at one hour Mon-Fri and then magically sleep in to all hours on Sat/Sun. My body doesn't work like that. :shrug:

My alarm goes at 6am Mon-Fri and on Saturday morning with no alarm I wake at the same time. It's all I can do to lay in to 7am.

Plus, the kitchen on your own early in the morning is a wonderful thing. Cup of tea, Charlie Parker, a fire if it's a tad chilly, the morning papers, perhaps a Madeleine or two to nibble on, hopefully the patter of rain on the glass roof to make you feel safe and cosey...

Bálls to all that. A nice sub-23 minute 5k to get the blood pumping, that's what to do at 6 a.m. at the weekend.

SWv2
10-11-2017, 01:36 PM

I can associate with this apart from the tea bit, and Charlie Parker as I don't know who he is, I would have to nip out for papers which is not ideal and I am more a malted milk man than a Madeleine.

World's End Stella
10-11-2017, 01:38 PM
I can associate with this apart from the tea bit, and Charlie Parker as I don't know who he is, I would have to nip out for papers which is not ideal and I am more a malted milk man than a Madeleine.

Jazz, SW, jazz.

God's gift to man.

redgunamo
10-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Legendary jazz tenor-sax player from Kansas City.

SWv2
10-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Jazz, SW, jazz.

God's gift to man.

Miles Davis, John Coltrane, bit of Acid Jazz.

That is my limits in this respect.

I may investigate Parker.

Luis Anaconda

:( At 6am on Sunday I was just leaving the pub. That's civilisation

World's End Stella
Legendary jazz tenor-sax player from Kansas City.

Lover Man

Any man that cannot appreciate this is not a proper man imo.

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:44 PM
What's for breakfast on the walking days?

Depends entirely on how rapidly v gets herself sorted. If she takes too long in the bathroom and time is running short, a slice of toast and a yoghurt. If she's on top of things, eggs and bacon.

I also prepare 2 flasks of tea and a hipflask of brandy.

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:45 PM
:( At 6am on Sunday I was just leaving the pub. That's civilisation

But you are but a mere youth, la. You must enjoy your young years while you can, for soon you will be like me, old and shágged out.

Burney
10-11-2017, 01:47 PM
But you are but a mere youth, la. You must enjoy your young years while you can, for soon you will be like me, old and shágged out.

I called my daughter at midday on Sunday. I woke her up. She’d gone to bed at six.

I was a mixture of outraged and envious.

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:48 PM
I called my daughter at midday on Sunday. I woke her up. She’d gone to bed at six.

She's settled in OK then?

Luis Anaconda
10-11-2017, 01:49 PM

I'm catching up

Pokster
10-11-2017, 01:53 PM

Was it her own bed????

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:54 PM

Chet Baker, dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4PKzz81m5c&index=2&list=RD2Ynn3mzC2E4

redgunamo

Parker was Davis' mentor for a while, early on in his career.

Burney
She's settled in OK then?

I suppose that’s one way of putting it, yes.

According to the signs there, the whole campus is a safe space for LGBTQ types.

Don’t really know how I was allowed to park, really.

Sir C
10-11-2017, 01:56 PM

My word. The place must be positively crawling with bumders :-(

Burney
10-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Was it her own bed????

That’s not really any of my business, is it? :shrug:

Pokster
10-11-2017, 01:59 PM
That’s not really any of my business, is it? :shrug:

She's your daughter b, no man will obviously be good enough for her

SWv2
10-11-2017, 02:03 PM

There was a dude on the Luas the other day and his work lanyard thing was brightly emblazoned as per the flag and it carried some writing about him (presumably) being LGBT friendly or something along those lines.

I thought this rather fúcking odd.

A minefield for sure.

Ash
10-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Depends entirely on how rapidly v gets herself sorted. If she takes too long in the bathroom and time is running short, a slice of toast and a yoghurt. If she's on top of things, eggs and bacon.

I also prepare 2 flasks of tea and a hipflask of brandy.

You can get up and down a mountain on just that? And with no, erm, emergency fuel supply tucked under yourskin anywhere? Amazeballs, as they say, somewhat irritatingly. What survival rations do you take with you?

Sir C
10-11-2017, 02:08 PM
You can get up and down a mountain on just that? And with no, erm, emergency fuel supply tucked under yourskin anywhere? Amazeballs, as they say, somewhat irritatingly. What survival rations do you take with you?

Ah, if we're properly going up something, there will be an elevenses meal of sandwiches, crisps, apples and Kit Kats within the rucksack. This meal will be taken at around 10, followed by getting off the mountain in time for lunch at 1 :thumbup:

Do you like to load up in the morning prior to departure, a? I generally find I'm too excited and raring to go.

Ash
10-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Ah, if we're properly going up something, there will be an elevenses meal of sandwiches, crisps, apples and Kit Kats within the rucksack. This meal will be taken at around 10, followed by getting off the mountain in time for lunch at 1 :thumbup:

Do you like to load up in the morning prior to departure, a? I generally find I'm too excited and raring to go.

Oh yes, the works. Grapefruit and perhaps some other fruits followed by a full Onglay. We used to take lunch but now just a few nibbles and an emergency bar of something. We don't get out until half-nine onwards, so no chance of being back down for lunch, more a couple of afternoon beers before dinner.

I'm sure the very early hours are magnificent out there, but my clock isn't really cut out for that sort of caper, and I doubt the innkeepers would be too amused if we demanded brekky for half past five.

Burney
10-11-2017, 02:29 PM
She's your daughter b, no man will obviously be good enough for her

I've never really understood the logic that my status as a father should entitle me to a - frankly prurient - interest in my daughter's sex life. The whole notion's always sounded a bit weird and pervy to me.

As long as she's safe and happy, I couldn't care less. :shrug:

redgunamo
10-11-2017, 03:40 PM
I've never really understood the logic that my status as a father should entitle me to a - frankly prurient - interest in my daughter's sex life. The whole notion's always sounded a bit weird and pervy to me.

As long as she's safe and happy, I couldn't care less. :shrug:

Right. Just happy to have them off the wage bill, so to speak.

Burney
10-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Right. Just happy to have them off the wage bill, so to speak.

A few years yet until that's the case, I fear. :-(

redgunamo
10-11-2017, 04:18 PM
A few years yet until that's the case, I fear. :-(

Hooray for Hollywood then, I guess, "with their hair in ribbons and legs in tights"

:-\