PDA

View Full Version : People caught up in terrorist attacks who whip out their phones to film it

Monty92
10-05-2017, 08:38 AM
and are then described as "terrified" when their footage is used in subsequent news coverage...

Anyone who does such a thing is not "terrified". They are excited and thinking of how much attention it is going to get them on social media.

Pokster
10-05-2017, 08:41 AM
and are then described as "terrified" when their footage is used in subsequent news coverage...

Anyone who does such a thing is not "terrified". They are excited and thinking of how much attention it is going to get them on social media.

Anyone who films a situation when they could have been helping is generally a ****... very occasionally filimg MIGHT help the Police, but as you say, generally it is because they are attention grabbing

Social media has a lot to answer for

Why do mobile phone video's shown on TV have those stupid end pannels on????

Peter
10-05-2017, 08:42 AM

The fact that they stayed to document the events whilst fearing for their life shows how brave they are.

Burney
10-05-2017, 08:43 AM

I can genuinely say it's not something it would ever occur to me to do. Perhaps it's a generational thing, but I can honestly say that in an emergency situation, the last thing I would think of doing is getting my phone out and filming it.

SWv2
10-05-2017, 08:43 AM

Modern life M innit.

Saddens me really. Do you remember the cock a few years ago who took a so called "selfie"* with a dude who to all intents and purposes was hijacking a plane.

He should have been shot.

Peter
10-05-2017, 08:45 AM
I can genuinely say it's not something it would ever occur to me to do. Perhaps it's a generational thing, but I can honestly say that in an emergency situation, the last thing I would think of doing is getting my phone out and filming it.

I cant think of any situation where my initial response would be to film it. I am not sure I have ever bothered filming anything.

SWv2
10-05-2017, 08:47 AM
I cant think of any situation where my initial response would be to film it. I am not sure I have ever bothered filming anything.

I bet you have filmed Springsteen at the live event.

You are the type.

In theory you need shot, but I don't wish this on you.

Pokster
10-05-2017, 08:48 AM

Your mum likes to film everything :nod:

Peter
10-05-2017, 08:52 AM
I bet you have filmed Springsteen at the live event.

You are the type.

In theory you need shot, but I don't wish this on you.

Nope. I took a selfie with my mate but that was requested by another mate. Springsteen live is not a visual spectacle.

Burney
10-05-2017, 08:54 AM

It's like dick pics imo. Apparently the yoot are forever sending pictures of their cocks to the opposite sex. To me this just seems bizarre and aberrant behaviour, but to many it's the norm.

I'm very glad I grew up before mobile phones.

Sir C
10-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Nope. I took a selfie with my mate but that was requested by another mate. Springsteen live is not a visual spectacle.

The E Street Band in full flow is 'not a visual spectacle'?

You're clearly mentally diseased, and quite possibly dangerous.

Peter
10-05-2017, 08:55 AM
It's like dick pics imo. Apparently the yoot are forever sending pictures of their cocks to the opposite sex. To me this just seems bizarre and aberrant behaviour, but to many it's the norm.

The ***** is not a visual spectacle, imo.

I agree, this is very odd behaviour indeed. I mean, a pair of tits is ok....

SWv2
10-05-2017, 08:56 AM

I had a chap holding up his phone at the last gig I went to, right in front of me to the extent of becoming my sole focus. Now this wasn’t the one song, this was beginning to look like the fúcker was attempting to record the whole thing, or perhaps the first album as the gig was a live re-appraisal of the first two albums by the band.

I really don’t understand it.

Had to move in the end.

Peter
10-05-2017, 08:56 AM
The E Street Band in full flow is 'not a visual spectacle'?

You're clearly mentally diseased, and quite possibly dangerous.

Not really, no. Then again, I am always miles from the stage so I am looking at black dots.

Its still old men playing instruments.

Sir C
10-05-2017, 08:57 AM

I simply refuse to believe this. I imagine it is something that has happened on occasion and the frequency has simply been exaggerated for the sake of a story.

Which self-respecting chap would send a lady a picture of the membrum virile? No, I simply refuse to believe it.

Peter
10-05-2017, 08:59 AM
I had a chap holding up his phone at the last gig I went to, right in front of me to the extent of becoming my sole focus. Now this wasn’t the one song, this was beginning to look like the fúcker was attempting to record the whole thing, or perhaps the first album as the gig was a live re-appraisal of the first two albums by the band.

Had to move in the end.

****s. I went on a three hour coach trip in Iceland to see the Northern Lights. When we finally found a patch of clear sky, everyone got out and pretty much all of them started setting up their cameras- ****ing tripods, buttons on leads, different lenses.

I swear to God I was the only person actually looking up at the sky.

It was pretty ****, by the way. Like looking at a pale green cloud.

Sir C
10-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Not really, no. Then again, I am always miles from the stage so I am looking at black dots.

Why do you feel the need to say these things, my son? Does it give you pleasure? Does the demon inside reward you with warm feelings when you utter these blasphemies? Does the torment stop for a moment?

For you I can prescribe two possible cures for your ailments:

1. An exorcism.
2. Death.

Choose wisely.

SWv2
10-05-2017, 09:01 AM

Jesus wept.

We are both aware that up to now I have had little respect for your musical views and inputs, now you are just dead to me.

Peter
10-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Why do you feel the need to say these things, my son? Does it give you pleasure? Does the demon inside reward you with warm feelings when you utter these blasphemies? Does the torment stop for a moment?

1. An exorcism.
2. Death.

Choose wisely.

Stop being such a silly old fool.

The point is that the visual spectacle is deliberately reduced so as not to detract from the narrative. Hence there is pretty much no light show, a plain black backdrop and most of the band dress in black or a dark colour. It isn't like a Pink Floyd gig is it.

This is the show. It is there to be felt, listened to and experienced. It isn't something to gawp at and take endless photos.

Anyway, the camera on my phone is a bit ****.

Peter
10-05-2017, 09:06 AM
Jesus wept.

We are both aware that up to now I have had little respect for your musical views and inputs, now you are just dead to me.

Visually, that is what it is. Bruce is not Steve Tyler. He doesn't backflip round the stage, he doesn't prance like Mick Jagger. He puts everything into the voice.

It isn't something to film. I don't know why you have an issue with this.

I saw Weller on that Jools Holland special last week. Nice enough but hardly a camera moment.

Burney
10-05-2017, 09:07 AM
I simply refuse to believe this. I imagine it is something that has happened on occasion and the frequency has simply been exaggerated for the sake of a story.

Which self-respecting chap would send a lady a picture of the membrum virile? No, I simply refuse to believe it.

Knob pics are flying around willy-nilly. You mark my words. Cocks everywhere.

Sir C
10-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Knob pics are flying around willy-nilly. You mark my words. Cocks everywhere.

Well I've never received such a photograph, so I don't believe you.

Burney
10-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Stop being such a silly old fool.

The point is that the visual spectacle is deliberately reduced so as not to detract from the narrative. Hence there is pretty much no light show, a plain black backdrop and most of the band dress in black or a dark colour. It isn't like a Pink Floyd gig is it.

This is the show. It is there to be felt, listened to and experienced. It isn't something to gawp at and take endless photos.

Anyway, the camera on my phone is a bit ****.

'The narrative', indeed! :hehe:

Burney
10-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Well I've never received such a photograph, so I don't believe you.

Give me a sec...

Pokster
10-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Give me a sec...

Isn't this the moment for the "man with big cock" picture to be posted :oldschoolawimb:

Monty92
10-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Give me a sec...

I don't think it counts if the person has already seen your cock in the flesh.

IUFG
10-05-2017, 09:17 AM

tbf, sc might not have got a good look at it during the tea bagging...

Peter
10-05-2017, 09:18 AM
'The narrative', indeed! :hehe:

For Springsteen fans it is an evening in church. These people are bloody fanatics, dangerous individuals.

Look at Sir C. You only have to point out that one song in particular is not that great and he loses his ****.

Quite frankly I am usually glad to get out of there alive.

Peter
10-05-2017, 09:19 AM

Never has the term 'in the flesh' sounded quite this obscene.....

Burney
10-05-2017, 09:19 AM

I'm just trying to think, but I don't know if Sir C has actually ever seen my cock - or I his. I've seen his teste sack, I know that. I was about to operate on it with a knife once until wiser (soberer) heads prevailed.

Monty92
10-05-2017, 09:29 AM
I'm just trying to think, but I don't know if Sir C has actually ever seen my cock - or I his. I've seen his teste sack, I know that. I was about to operate on it with a knife once until wiser (soberer) heads prevailed.

My son pointed at his ball bag in the bath the other day and said "Daddy, what part of my willy is this?"

I told him it's where men keep the sperm to give to a woman so they can make a baby. I now fully expect him to be sent home from school at some point for claiming that only men produce sperm and only women can make babies :-(

Burney
10-05-2017, 09:37 AM
My son pointed at his ball bag in the bath the other day and said "Daddy, what part of my willy is this?"

I told him it's where men keep the sperm to give to a woman so they can make a baby. I now fully expect him to be sent home from school at some point for claiming that only men produce sperm and only women can make babies :-(

I'm not sure I like the idea of 'giving' the sperm to a woman. :-( It's not a present.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-05-2017, 10:06 AM
I once photocopied my membum virile to see what it looked like from a different angle
I was impressed

Sir C
10-05-2017, 10:08 AM
For Springsteen fans it is an evening in church. These people are bloody fanatics, dangerous individuals.

Look at Sir C. You only have to point out that one song in particular is not that great and he loses his ****.

Quite frankly I am usually glad to get out of there alive.

I will find you. And I will kill you.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-05-2017, 10:09 AM
If you kill Peter remember to film it on your mobile

Peter
10-05-2017, 10:11 AM
I will find you. And I will kill you.

There you go. Dangerous fanatic.

Just to note, we have both threatened to kill each other in the last few days.

a worrying development.

Sir C
10-05-2017, 10:11 AM
If you kill Peter remember to film it on your mobile

I will dump his body outside a KFC.

Peter
10-05-2017, 10:12 AM
I will dump his body outside a KFC.

Copycat killing.....

Sir C
10-05-2017, 10:14 AM
There you go. Dangerous fanatic.

Just to note, we have both threatened to kill each other in the last few days.

a worrying development.

It is the way of current discourse, I believe. Did you see Jacob R-M responding to a lefty telling him to 'fúck off and die'? 'If I do, would you pray for my immportal soul?' :hehe:

The man is like a saint, p. He is fit to lace Lord Willie's boots, and there aren't many who are.

Sir C
10-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Copycat killing.....

I thought of it first. I just didn't say it.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-05-2017, 10:15 AM
You might need the help of tree fellers to lift and carry the deadweight

Peter
10-05-2017, 10:24 AM
It is the way of current discourse, I believe. Did you see Jacob R-M responding to a lefty telling him to 'fúck off and die'? 'If I do, would you pray for my immportal soul?' :hehe:

The man is like a saint, p. He is fit to lace Lord Willie's boots, and there aren't many who are.

Is he not confusing his tenses there a little?

Ash
10-05-2017, 01:18 PM

Waterfalls. When I read what you said there it occured to me that possibly the only thing I have ever filmed are waterfalls. A couple this summer (Hadraw Force and Aira Force). Well, not so much summer as a endless series of raindrops of varying size and frequency.

Then about three years ago in a very wet december week, this time Sour Milk Gill at Seathwaite (the wettest place in England). And then several years before that in Watlendath.

That's the good thing about rainy days, you see. Go and have a look at waterfalls.

Ash
10-05-2017, 01:29 PM

And I'm glad I grew up before the internet. Thankfully all the embarrasing b0llocks I came out with as a youngster is gone forever. Not that I haven't come out with some b0llocks since, of course. Most of us have, but it pales in comparison.

Now laws are being passed to allow people to get social media sites etc to remove awkward content of their behaviour as pre-adults.

Ash
10-05-2017, 01:30 PM

Had to move in the end.

Were you inclined to chin him?

Ash
10-05-2017, 01:32 PM

1. An exorcism.
2. Death.

Choose wisely.

Your passionate defence of yer man there against all slights reminds me of Nicos defending The Arsenal, my friend. :driving:

Sir C
10-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Your passionate defence of yer man there against all slights reminds me of Nicos defending The Arsenal, my friend. :driving:

Are you saying you know better than Mr Wenger, my friend?

SWv2
10-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Were you inclined to chin him?

Yes actually now that you mention it.

Chap does not know how lucky he was.

Ash
10-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Yes actually now that you mention it.

Chap does not know how lucky he was.

Right. #BenStokes

SWv2
10-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Right. #BenStokes

Er yes, pray for Ben?

:-\

eastgermanautos
10-05-2017, 06:21 PM

You make a solid point, my friend.

redgunamo
10-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Anyone who films a situation when they could have been helping is generally a ****... very occasionally filimg MIGHT help the Police, but as you say, generally it is because they are attention grabbing

Social media has a lot to answer for

Why do mobile phone video's shown on TV have those stupid end pannels on????

News reporters, for instance.