PDA

View Full Version : We need Pat to suggest that there was something weird about Vegas.

Ash
10-04-2017, 08:52 AM
Two machine guns can be heard. Man on grassy knoll etc.

:sherlock:

Monty92
10-04-2017, 08:59 AM

More suspicious is that ISIS claimed he was one of their soldiers, which contrary to popular assumption they pretty much never do without reason.

Burney
10-04-2017, 09:00 AM

Well the weirdest thing is that the shooter absolutely doesn't fit the profile for these kind of guys at all. A successful retired millionaire accountant who was also a high-stakes Vegas gambler and whom nobody realised even owned guns. It's not the usual pattern of bitter loser taking revenge on the world, is it?

None of which is to say he didn't do it, of course. It's just a bit odd.

Burney
10-04-2017, 09:01 AM
More suspicious is that ISIS claimed he was one of their soldiers, which contrary to popular assumption they pretty much never do without reason.

They normally supply evidence, though, don't they? Like a video of him committing to them or whatever.

Peter
10-04-2017, 09:15 AM
They normally supply evidence, though, don't they? Like a video of him committing to them or whatever.

Bin Laden always denied any involvement in 9/11. Just saying.....

Monty92
10-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Bin Laden always denied any involvement in 9/11. Just saying.....

He made it explicitly clear of his involvement in a video taped speech sent to Al Jazeera in 2004.

PSRB
10-04-2017, 09:22 AM
Well the weirdest thing is that the shooter absolutely doesn't fit the profile for these kind of guys at all. A successful retired millionaire accountant who was also a high-stakes Vegas gambler and whom nobody realised even owned guns. It's not the usual pattern of bitter loser taking revenge on the world, is it?

Wired $100,000 to his Philippine mrs, just before as well. All very odd.

Wasn't like he just snapped either, all highly planned out. Had plenty of time to have calmed down or thought about what he was about to do

Burney
10-04-2017, 09:25 AM

Wasn't like he just snapped either, all highly planned out. Had plenty of time to have calmed down or thought about what he was about to do

One wonders if he'd had a rough diagnosis from the quack and decided to take a few with him?

Peter
10-04-2017, 09:39 AM
He made it explicitly clear of his involvement in a video taped speech sent to Al Jazeera in 2004.

Yeah, but he said it wasnt him. THat was an impressionist. Or something similar.

Luis Anaconda
10-04-2017, 09:50 AM

:hehe: I think Monty is just clutching at straws in his desperate attempt to blame all the world's ills on muslims. Take the Westminster knife attack - very respectful of them to abide by the police embargo on not naming the attacker. Almost as if they had no idea who he was

Ash
10-04-2017, 09:55 AM

Yes, the planning was very thorough. If we ever find out what his motive was, chances are it was to be the most successful mass shooter in history.

Pokster
10-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Yes, the planning was very thorough. If we ever find out what his motive was, chances are it was to be the most successful mass shooter in history.

As has been pointed out in the papers... modern day mass shooter.... have been higher in previous decades

Fash
10-04-2017, 10:00 AM

Pat :sherlock: vegas :sherlock:

That being said the 2 windows seem quite far apart. The extra noise I assume is echoes bouncing off the the numerous Vegas buildings.

Fash
10-04-2017, 10:02 AM

You see he's probably bored, It's a bit like that movie Hard Target where they hunt homeless fellas for sport as they have nothing else to do.

Ash
10-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Patsy :sherlock: Vegas :sherlock:

That being said the 2 windows seem quite far apart. The extra noise I assume is echoes bouncing off the the numerous Vegas buildings.

Unusual for echoes to change pitch and become acoustically brighter. Doubtless someone will analyse the audio waveform to check that the shots in the 'echo' come at the same frequency as the main rattle.

How many rounds could these guns fire without reloading?

Burney
10-04-2017, 10:16 AM
Unusual for echoes to change pitch and become acoustically brighter. Doubtless someone will analyse the audio waveform to check that the shots in the 'echo' come at the same frequency as the main rattle.

Normally, 30-odd, but he appeared to be using 50-round magazines.

IUFG
10-04-2017, 10:16 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/10/03/las-vegas-shooting-photos-show-killers-guns.html

You can buy these in Walmart? What a ****ing country.

Fash
10-04-2017, 10:20 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/10/03/las-vegas-shooting-photos-show-killers-guns.html

You can buy these in Walmart? What a ****ing country.

I've been to the US quite a lot. But have never seen a gun store or guns in Walmart.
Then again I assume its more middle america where you can find this sort of thing.

IUFG
10-04-2017, 10:27 AM
I've been to the US quite a lot. But have never seen a gun store or guns in Walmart.
Then again I assume its more middle america where you can find this sort of thing.

Apparently you have to buy guns in store, not over the net. That'll stop whackos getting hold of firearms.

And what sort of country is it when this type of forensic info gets leaked onto the net?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=36c_1507085146

Graphic / NSFW apparently.

Burney
10-04-2017, 10:28 AM

I remember being shocked by stores in Texas that had notices up insisting that people did not carry concealed firearms on their premises.

Call me a namby-pamby English sort, but I've always I sort of taken it for granted that people aren't carrying firearms.

Burney
10-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Apparently you have to buy guns in store, not over the net. That'll stop whackos getting hold of firearms.

And what sort of country is it when this type of forensic info gets leaked onto the net?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=36c_1507085146

Graphic / NSFW apparently.

God the decor in that hotel was shocking. Did you see the bath?

IUFG
10-04-2017, 10:31 AM
God the decor in that hotel was shocking. Did you see the bath?

yes. The carpet alone is enough to send anyone into some kind of epileptic fit.

Burney
10-04-2017, 10:36 AM
yes. The carpet alone is enough to send anyone into some kind of epileptic fit.

Yes, it's not often that a carpet's aesthetics are actually improved by a large spillage of blood and brains, is it?