PDA

View Full Version : Anyone inconvenienced by Ryanair cancellations or Monarch bankruptcy...

Sir C
10-02-2017, 11:38 AM
Serves you right, you tight ****. Next time you'll know to book with a proper airline, won't you?

Pokster
10-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Serves you right, you tight ****. Next time you'll know to book with a proper airline, won't you?

Says the man who has just had a cheap "holiday" in Wales

Sir C
10-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Says the man who has just had a cheap "holiday" in Wales

What are you gibbering about now, you utter, utter whelk?

Burney
10-02-2017, 11:45 AM

Apparently, people keep angrily tweeting at Monarch Airlines. This despite the fact that it literally just ceased trading, no longer has any staff and now only exists as a name and a collection of assets.

People really aren't terribly bright.

Pokster
10-02-2017, 11:45 AM
What are you gibbering about now, you utter, utter whelk?

I know your brain has stopped working... must be the drugs and lack of salt.... but you accused people of being tight just as you have shown how tight you are...
Does that help your senile old mind?

Rich
10-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Apparently, people keep angrily tweeting at Monarch Airlines. This despite the fact that it literally just ceased trading, no longer has any staff and now only exists as a name and a collection of assets.

I wonder what happens with all of their aircraft now? Would seem like a good time to be in the market for an Airbus A320/Boeing 757.

Burney
I know your brain has stopped working... must be the drugs and lack of salt.... but you accused people of being tight just as you have shown how tight you are...

I don't remember him saying his holiday was cheap, p.

Sir C

You can accuse me of many things but being tight isn't one that will wash, I'm afraid.

Idiot.

PSRB

and it's been very clear that they were in trouble for a while!

Pokster
10-02-2017, 11:48 AM
I don't remember him saying his holiday was cheap, p.

Is it possible to have an expensive holiday in Wales?

Rich
10-02-2017, 11:49 AM

People with flights that had heard of the cancellations have still be turning up at the airport. You really couldn't make it up.

Pokster
You can accuse me of many things but being tight isn't one that will wash, I'm afraid.

Idiot.

There you go again with your insults.... you never stop :rolleyes:

Sir C
I wonder what happens with all of their aircraft now? Would seem like a good time to be in the market for an Airbus A320/Boeing 757.

They'll all be owned a leasing company. Airlines simply don't own aircraft any more.

They have a bunch of 320s and 321s which were due to be returned in the next couple of years as their new 737s were delivered, so your best deal is likely to be with Boeing, who now have a minor gap in their order book.

IUFG
Is it possible to have an expensive holiday in Wales?

:nod: when you get mugged

Sir C
10-02-2017, 11:50 AM
There you go again with your insults.... you never stop :rolleyes:

You have insulted my good name, my reputation and my holiday.

Fúck. You.

Pokster
10-02-2017, 11:51 AM
You have insulted my good name, my reputation and my holiday.

Fúck. You.

Good name????

Sir C
10-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Good name????

Fúck off.

Baldy.

Sir C
10-02-2017, 11:54 AM

Wait - Mrs P doesn't work for them, does she?

Pokster
10-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Fúck off.

Baldy.

See, there you go again, just can't help yourself....

PSRB
10-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Wait - Mrs P doesn't work for them, does she?

No, Tui (the airline formerly known as Thomson). One company that stands to benefit considerably from the demise of Monarch.
It's a shame though, we extended our summer holiday and flew back with Monarch instead of Ryanair, and the whole experience was considerably more pleasurable.

Sir C
10-02-2017, 12:05 PM
No, Tui (the airline formerly known as Thomson). One company that stands to benefit considerably from the demise of Monarch.
It's a shame though, we extended our summer holiday and flew back with Monarch instead of Ryanair, and the whole experience was considerably more pleasurable.

Ah, good news.

SWv2
10-02-2017, 01:35 PM

I use Ryanair on the occasions I visit your so called United Kingdom. For this I find them perfectly fit for purpose.

Your rude approach a) has been noted and b) is of little surprise.

Pokster
10-02-2017, 01:38 PM
I use Ryanair on the occasions I visit your so called United Kingdom. For this I find them perfectly fit for purpose.

He does seem to have turned into an Angry old man..... must be that the Doctor has told him he is about to snuff it :nod:

SWv2
10-02-2017, 01:46 PM
He does seem to have turned into an Angry old man..... must be that the Doctor has told him he is about to snuff it :nod:

Indeed, he is no more than a common Dutch / Irish mongrel, and a racist bully. He may swan around with his omelette baveuse and his pomegranate cous cous like some nouveau resident of Islington but I can see right through the mask.

Peter
10-02-2017, 01:52 PM

They are a good option for the self-reliant chap who simply needs an a to b service and is willing to take responsibility for everything else (getting to the airport on time, getting to the gate, not being a useless **** etc).

You get virtually zero in terms of customer service but then you are paying next to **** all. I dont like these arseholess that turn up and start whining about signage, queue arrangements, service on board etc etc.....

You also have to factor in the possibility that you might get shafted. Its a gamble worth taking.

Burney
10-02-2017, 01:56 PM
They are a good option for the self-reliant chap who simply needs an a to b service and is willing to take responsibility for everything else (getting to the airport on time, getting to the gate, not being a useless **** etc).

You get virtually zero in terms of customer service but then you are paying next to **** all. I dont like these arseholess that turn up and start whining about signage, queue arrangements, service on board etc etc.....

You also have to factor in the possibility that you might get shafted. Its a gamble worth taking.

People who are among the last to the gate with big flight cases masquerading as hand luggage who then complain that their bag has to go in the hold are the ones who get me. It's not a fücking tardis, pal. You know there's only so much space and if it matters to you so much to have your bag with you when you get off, why not get in the fücking queue earlier?

SWv2
10-02-2017, 01:59 PM

In respect of customer service I don't actually speak to any of the staff so that is not relevant.

Your other points are noted.

€40 return, less than the taxi fare from where I live to Dublin Airport. Bang on. I don't like O'Leary but then I don't want him to be my mate. Once this current brouhaha has calmed down then everybody will flock back to them.

Peter
10-02-2017, 02:04 PM
In respect of customer service I don't actually speak to any of the staff so that is not relevant.

Your other points are noted.

€40 return, less than the taxi fare from where I live to Dublin Airport. Bang on. I don't like O'Leary but then I don't want him to be my mate. Once this current brouhaha has calmed down then everybody will flock back to them.

Precisely. I dont speak to anyone and have no need to do so. I can last for an hour on board without eating so no issues there. I am able to use a computer to check in and pick a seat, no issue there. Have never once been late for a flight, no problems there.

I expect very little in terms of customer service and 'support' so they are, to me, no different from other airlines. I accept if I get myself into a problem they are not going to help. No problem with that, other airlines dont actually help, they just make sympathetic noises.

You get what you pay for. It just irritates me that people think you can pay a fifth of what the others charge and expect the same niceties.

Peter
10-02-2017, 02:06 PM
People who are among the last to the gate with big flight cases masquerading as hand luggage who then complain that their bag has to go in the hold are the ones who get me. It's not a fücking tardis, pal. You know there's only so much space and if it matters to you so much to have your bag with you when you get off, why not get in the fücking queue earlier?

Yep, just ****s trying it on. It amazes me that people seem to bring so much ****ing stuff with them.

Burney
10-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Precisely. I dont speak to anyone and have no need to do so. I can last for an hour on board without eating so no issues there. I am able to use a computer to check in and pick a seat, no issue there. Have never once been late for a flight, no problems there.

I expect very little in terms of customer service and 'support' so they are, to me, no different from other airlines. I accept if I get myself into a problem they are not going to help. No problem with that, other airlines dont actually help, they just make sympathetic noises.

You get what you pay for. It just irritates me that people think you can pay a fifth of what the others charge and expect the same niceties.

The only thing I would say about Ryanair is that they must have shoved in an extra row of seats, because the legroom is non-existent - even compared to EasyJet. Also, the seats themselves are unbelievably uncomfortable.

Essentially, they do seem to go out of their way to make the business of flying as unpleasant as humanly possible.

Peter
10-02-2017, 02:18 PM
The only thing I would say about Ryanair is that they must have shoved in an extra row of seats, because the legroom is non-existent - even compared to EasyJet. Also, the seats themselves are unbelievably uncomfortable.

Essentially, they do seem to go out of their way to make the business of flying as unpleasant as humanly possible.

I flew to Dublin with them last year. A month or two later I flew to Malaysia with BA- the legroom was worse on the brand new BA plane for a 13 hour flight.

Rich
10-02-2017, 02:30 PM
I flew to Dublin with them last year. A month or two later I flew to Malaysia with BA- the legroom was worse on the brand new BA plane for a 13 hour flight.

Was the trip to Malaysia for pleasure, I assume? Thoughts?

It's fairly high on my list of places to visit in 2018.

Peter
10-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Was the trip to Malaysia for pleasure, I assume? Thoughts?

It's fairly high on my list of places to visit in 2018.

Work. I have been there about 30 times in the last 15 years or so.

Its not amazing. The food is fantastic but I wouldn't have said it is a particularly interesting place to visit. Penang is, but a bit out of the way and rather remote unless you are interested in the history of the empire. Singapore is probably more interesting but hugely sanitised and expensive.

Sir C
10-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Work. I have been there about 30 times in the last 15 years or so.

Its not amazing. The food is fantastic but I wouldn't have said it is a particularly interesting place to visit. Penang is, but a bit out of the way and rather remote unless you are interested in the history of the empire. Singapore is probably more interesting but hugely sanitised and expensive.

You realise, of course, the The Datai has closed for 9 months for a full refurb? :clap:

That's me back to Langkawi next year.

Peter
10-02-2017, 03:06 PM
You realise, of course, the The Datai has closed for 9 months for a full refurb? :clap:

That's me back to Langkawi next year.

Never been there. Nor Malacca. I must try that next time if I get a spare day.