PDA

View Full Version : Stan trying to buy up Usmanov's shares

Ash
09-29-2017, 01:50 PM
Apparently this will enable him to register the club in the USA, and not have to release any accounts.

PSRB
09-29-2017, 02:05 PM
Apparently this will enable him to register the club in the USA, and not have to release any accounts.

Rumour is, it will be a leveraged buyout......

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 02:07 PM

It worked for Manchester United, I suppose :-\

PSRB
09-29-2017, 02:08 PM
It worked for Manchester United, I suppose :-\

who generate oodles more cash than we do......

Ash
09-29-2017, 02:09 PM

If true: Evil fackin scum b.astardo capitalist shítcùnt.

Him, not you.

It's ok though. It is his possession by law. He is quite morally entitled to do whatever he likes with it. :-\

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 02:12 PM
who generate oodles more cash than we do......

Won't this be an opportunity for us to match them on that?

PSRB
09-29-2017, 02:20 PM

In a word, no.

Ash
09-29-2017, 02:20 PM

Not sure that Man Utd's commercial revenues are a direct result of their debt to the Glazers, tbh.

I'm sharpening my pitchfork as we speak.

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 02:23 PM
In a word, no.

Wenger out :-(

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Not sure that Man Utd's commercial revenues are a direct result of their debt to the Glazers, tbh.

I'm sharpening my pitchfork as we speak.

Good point. It's all Wenger's fault for insisting we Summer in Austria rather than ̶g̶l̶o̶b̶e̶t̶r̶o̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶h̶ work to promote the Arsenal brand globally, in the interests of football.

Ash
09-29-2017, 02:31 PM
Good point. It's all Wenger's fault for insisting we Summer in Austria rather than ̶g̶l̶o̶b̶e̶t̶r̶o̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶h̶ work to promote the Arsenal brand globally, in the interests of football.

He can insist has much as he wants. It hasn't happened in years. Bring back the Barnet pre-season imo.

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 02:35 PM
He can insist has much as he wants. It hasn't happened in years. Bring back the Barnet pre-season imo.

But we turned up our noses and missed out when the groundwork for the current deals was being laid. Our mindset was all wrong and set the wrong tone from which we are struggling to recover.

It's made even worse by the fact that we've now completely reversed our position. We don't even command the moral high ground anymore :-|

Ash
09-29-2017, 02:39 PM
But we turned up our noses and missed out when the groundwork for the current deals was being laid. Our mindset was all wrong and set the wrong tone from which we are struggling to recover.

It's made even worse by the fact that we've now completely reversed our position. We don't even command the moral high ground anymore :-|

Ok, yeah. Whatevs.

Wenger out, then. I suppose. :shrug:

SWv2
09-29-2017, 02:42 PM

We never did. It just suited our penny pinching modus operandi.

Wenger out.

Burney
09-29-2017, 02:43 PM
Ok, yeah. Whatevs.

Wenger out, then. I suppose. :shrug:

I think even Wenger wants Wenger Out these days.

Burney
09-29-2017, 02:44 PM

Wenger out.

Latin now, is it? There's fancy.

Ash
09-29-2017, 02:47 PM

He'll certainly have had enough if our owner is bantering what money we do make off to his ranch, while City are still spending the billions squeezed out of the blood of slaves in the UAE and Chelsea roll in the billions stolen from Russian grannies.

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 02:47 PM

Wenger out.

Yeah, we did, in bravely resisting the forces of globalisation, and especially Americanisation :glazer::notforsale:

Wenger out.

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 02:50 PM

Not actively, I think. He will simply go when His time is up and not a moment before. Like Neil McCauley in Heat.

SWv2
09-29-2017, 02:52 PM
Yeah, we did, in bravely resisting the forces of globalisation, and especially Americanisation :glazer::notforsale:

Wenger out.

We didn’t resist it, we just simply chose to bury our heads in the sand and ignore it.

We did not need globalisation or it’s sort.

But it’s okay because we are a remarkably well run club who does things the right way. Do you know there will be blue and white flowers in the boardroom on Sunday, worth at least a goal start that, and not just because they are all pooves.

Burney
09-29-2017, 02:54 PM
He'll certainly have had enough if our owner is bantering what money we do make off to his ranch, while City are still spending the billions squeezed out of the blood of slaves in the UAE and Chelsea roll in the billions stolen from Russian grannies.

Do you remember when our idea of an evil chairman was Doug Ellis, Ron Noades or Ken Bates? The worst they ever did was a dodgy property deal, casual racism or a slight oversight on their tax return. Those were the days. :old:

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 03:00 PM
We didn’t resist it, we just simply chose to bury our heads in the sand and ignore it.

We did not need globalisation or it’s sort.

But it’s okay because we are a remarkably well run club who does things the right way. Do you know there will be blue and white flowers in the boardroom on Sunday, worth at least a goal start that, and not just because they are all pooves.

We are a very well-run club, imo, that does things the right way, up until the moment somebody demanded we try to win the European Cup :-|

https://www.arsenal.com/sites/default/files/styles/large_16x9/public/images/boardroom_highbury.jpg?itok=p9xVKnYT

SWv2
09-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Do you remember when our idea of an evil chairman was Doug Ellis, Ron Noades or Ken Bates? The worst they ever did was a dodgy property deal, casual racism or a slight oversight on their tax return. Those were the days. :old:

I find it hard to dislike City.

The financial strength of their parent company does not bother me a jot, in fact I quite like the way they spend money with complete abandon and as a team to watch play football I find them a joy at times.

Sadly when I watch us of late I find myself getting bored.

SWv2
09-29-2017, 03:01 PM
We are a very well-run club, imo, that does things the right way, up until the moment somebody demanded we try to win the European Cup :-|

https://www.arsenal.com/sites/default/files/styles/large_16x9/public/images/boardroom_highbury.jpg?itok=p9xVKnYT

I wonder who gets the big chair?

World's End Stella
09-29-2017, 03:02 PM

The financial strength of their parent company does not bother me a jot, in fact I quite like the way they spend money with complete abandon and as a team to watch play football I find them a joy at times.

I was in the room with the telly on for about 70 minutes of the game last night.

I probably actually watched about 10 minutes. :-\

Burney
09-29-2017, 03:05 PM

It just seems a very small table, doesn't it? They must all be elbowing each other during board meetings.

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 03:10 PM

The chairman obviously.

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 03:14 PM
It just seems a very small table, doesn't it? They must all be elbowing each other during board meetings.

I gather the new one, at the Emirates, is much larger and also impeccably appointed. Parkinson's Law, innit :-\

SWv2
09-29-2017, 03:14 PM
The chairman obviously.

You're annoying me now. Who is the chairman?

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 03:16 PM

I don't mind all that either, but when Manchester City are on, I play FIFA. Or more likely, take the dogs out.

redgunamo
09-29-2017, 03:16 PM
You're annoying me now. Who is the chairman?

:clap: lol. I don't know!

SWv2
09-29-2017, 03:18 PM
:clap: lol. I don't know!

Damn you :hehe:

Burney
09-29-2017, 03:26 PM
I gather the new one, at the Emirates, is much larger and also impeccably appointed. Parkinson's Law, innit :-\

I'm not sure old PH-W would've squeezed into that narrow chair, would he? He was a well-upholstered gentleman of a certain age and carriage, after all.