PDA

View Full Version : The Ben Stokes fight video....

Tony C
09-28-2017, 09:13 AM
:clap:

Clearly had too much to drink but still dropped the lad...knocked him out cold too o:

Surely won't go to Australia now...they will crucify him for this.

Braitwaite in the World Cup was 1 thing...anyone with half a brain cell could sympathise with the lad but the Aussies will be merciless...it could break him.

Pokster
09-28-2017, 09:14 AM

Clearly had too much to drink but still dropped the lad...knocked him out cold too o:

Braitwaite in the World Cup was 1 thing...anyone with half a brain cell could sympathise with the lad but the Aussies will be merciless...it could break him.

I would have thought having a criminal record would be an advantage over there

World's End Stella
09-28-2017, 09:26 AM

Having seen that now, I wouldn't think a custodial sentence is out of the question. Surely that is GBH and given the number of times he could have walked away, I'm unconvinced the self-defense argument will go anywhere.

Shame, quite like watching him as a cricketer but I suspect we might not see him playing for England for some time.

Burney
09-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Having seen that now, I wouldn't think a custodial sentence is out of the question. Surely that is GBH and given the number of times he could have walked away, I'm unconvinced the self-defense argument will go anywhere.

Shame, quite like watching him as a cricketer but I suspect we might not see him playing for England for some time.

Yes. If it had just been him protecting his mate who was attacked, fair enough, but he did rather go after the chap for some time.

Still, it's the sort of thing no-one would have known about or bothered about a few years back. Bloody CCTV.

World's End Stella
09-28-2017, 09:45 AM
Yes. If it had just been him protecting his mate who was attacked, fair enough, but he did rather go after the chap for some time.

Still, it's the sort of thing no-one would have known about or bothered about a few years back. Bloody CCTV.

Aren't the English cricket bods pretty up tight about this sort of thing? I mean, if the FA can set behavioural standards surely the chaps at Lords will be all over this?

Rich
09-28-2017, 10:07 AM

Well I’m sure we can all agree that the ECB have a lot on their plate at the moment. Perhaps it would be wise to wait until after The Ashes to start a disciplinary hearing.

Pokster
09-28-2017, 10:11 AM
Well I’m sure we can all agree that the ECB have a lot on their plate at the moment. Perhaps it would be wise to wait until after The Ashes to start a disciplinary hearing.

They will wait until after the likely court case.... they can't do anything before that happens.

Rich
09-28-2017, 10:14 AM
They will wait until after the likely court case.... they can't do anything before that happens.

I think we need to appeal to the better nature of the people that were being punched. Hopefully they're cricket fans and decide not to press charges as they'd be to the detriment of the English cricket team.

Pokster
09-28-2017, 10:17 AM
I think we need to appeal to the better nature of the people that were being punched. Hopefully they're cricket fans and decide not to press charges as they'd be to the detriment of the English cricket team.

They might not have a choice if the police deem it serious enough

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-28-2017, 10:17 AM

Highly unlikely Dickie .. the fella will doubtless smell a very large chunk of compensation.

Peter
09-28-2017, 10:37 AM

I think its the last punch that has done it for him. The other chap appears to be backing away and trying to calm him down. He floors him.

The stuff before that is mostly scuffling and some badly aimed punches.

Burney
Highly unlikely Dickie .. the fella will doubtless smell a very large chunk of compensation.

He's unlikely to get it if he was the one who was doing the attacking in the first place.

Burney
I think its the last punch that has done it for him. The other chap appears to be backing away and trying to calm him down. He floors him.

The stuff before that is mostly scuffling and some badly aimed punches.

Yes. Doesn't look great, that, does it?

PSRB

Wd Ben Stokes, cost us the T20 WC Final and now The Ashes....****ing half-wit*

*him, not you

Peter

If the lad wants money it can be resolved quite easily......

Peter
09-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Yes. Doesn't look great, that, does it?

Who is with him? I mean, if that is me there as his mate there is no way I would allow all that to happen.

SWv2
09-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Who is with him? I mean, if that is me there as his mate there is no way I would allow all that to happen.

Fúck him, deserves to be done.

Note: I have not seen the video.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-28-2017, 10:45 AM
He's unlikely to get it if he was the one who was doing the attacking in the first place.

here will be based on injuries sustained, time off work, the appalling and dreadful psychological damage his doctors will doubtless attest to.

If the claimant has attacked someone else that is a different case. Stokes is in trouble here methinks. The most pressing question is, can we win the Ashes without him :-(

Burney
09-28-2017, 10:50 AM
here will be based on injuries sustained, time off work, the appalling and dreadful psychological damage his doctors will doubtless attest to.

If the claimant has attacked someone else that is a different case. Stokes is in trouble here methinks. The most pressing question is, can we win the Ashes without him :-(

Oh, I don't think we'll win the Ashes anyway. Not over there.

Rich
09-28-2017, 11:08 AM

I understand Alex Hales was also in attendance. Either fortunate to not have been caught on camera or didn't have the minerals to go in on them.

Some of Stoksey's punches were big old swings. Would have done some damage if he's landed one.

IUFG
09-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Fúck him, deserves to be done.

Note: I have not seen the video.

I quite agree, sw

:cricket:

SWv2
09-28-2017, 11:43 AM
I quite agree, sw

I expect he will get done though will be softly dealt with in respect of having a clean record – and being a posh boy cricket type.

A three figure fine and some community service which in his case will be facilitated into sports coaching sessions whereas others are dealt with differently and are forced to help paint premises in Muswell Hill and to sweep leaves and generally act as a fúcking dogsbody in a Scout park or some nonsense in Bounds ****ing Green.

PSRB
09-28-2017, 11:45 AM
I quite agree, sw

Rumour is he was sticking up for 2 gay chaps who were being threatened by a couple of thugs, one armed with a bottle.

Mind you, the source is Piers Morgan

IUFG
09-28-2017, 11:46 AM
I expect he will get done though will be softly dealt with in respect of having a clean record – and being a posh boy cricket type.

the bloke he sparked out was backing away and did have his palms up in a rather non-threatening way.

Still, what went on before that is anyone's guess.

:nailhimup:

Ash
09-28-2017, 11:55 AM

A three figure fine and some community service which in his case will be facilitated into sports coaching sessions whereas others are dealt with differently and are forced to help paint premises in Muswell Hill and to sweep leaves and generally act as a fúcking dogsbody in a Scout park or some nonsense in Bounds ****ing Green.

Do I get the slight hint of bitter experience here?

SWv2
09-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Do I get the slight hint of bitter experience here?

Just saying like.

Burney
09-28-2017, 12:06 PM

He went to a state school and grew up in Cockermouth, sw. Hardly posh.

Burney
09-28-2017, 12:07 PM
Rumour is he was sticking up for 2 gay chaps who were being threatened by a couple of thugs, one armed with a bottle.

Mind you, the source is Piers Morgan

Hmmm. That is exactly the sort of story I'd circulate if my client had been caught punching someone on CCTV

Rich
09-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Hmmm. That is exactly the sort of story I'd circulate if my client had been caught punching someone on CCTV

For a 'thug' the chap being swung at seems remarkably tame.

Luis Anaconda
09-28-2017, 12:19 PM

He is the heavily tattoed son of New Zealand rugby player who grew up and still lives in the Northeast - posher than most Irish people but certainly not a posh cricket type

Luis Anaconda
09-28-2017, 12:19 PM

He does come from Cockermouth

Burney
09-28-2017, 12:21 PM
He does come from Cockermouth

Yes. A simple mishearing could explain why he was in an alley outside a club with a couple of gay chaps.

Burney
09-28-2017, 12:22 PM
He is the heavily tattoed son of New Zealand rugby player who grew up and still lives in the Northeast - posher than most Irish people but certainly not a posh cricket type

Point of order: Cockermouth is very much not in the North East.

Peter
09-28-2017, 12:23 PM

Bounds Green isn't so bad. At least it has a tube.

Peter
09-28-2017, 12:28 PM

Its all the same though, isn't it. Its the North. THe East-West bit is just something northerners bang on about. None of our business.

Pokster
09-28-2017, 12:29 PM
its all the same though, isn't it. Its the north. The east-west bit is just something northerners bang on about. None of our business.

iahyk...... ****

Peter
09-28-2017, 12:30 PM
iahyk...... ****

Your point being? :D

Pokster
09-28-2017, 12:33 PM
Your point being? :D

Don't really have one..... now get back to your streets paved with Gold

Ash
09-28-2017, 12:37 PM
Its all the same though, isn't it. Its the North. THe East-West bit is just something northerners bang on about. None of our business.

:nono: The north-west has the nicest bits - mountains and lakes. The north-east has Sunderland.

Pokster
09-28-2017, 12:38 PM
:nono: The north-west has the nicest bits - mountains and lakes. The north-east has Sunderland.

North East also has Northumberland which is stunning... North West has Blackpool

Ash
09-28-2017, 12:39 PM
Bounds Green isn't so bad. At least it has a tube.

And a Charles Holden at that. Though not one of his best ones tbf.

http://www.modernarchitecturelondon.com/photos/lu-boundsgreen-01.jpg

Ash
09-28-2017, 12:46 PM
North East also has Northumberland which is stunning... North West has Blackpool

Yes, when I eventually finish exploring every hill and valley of t'lakes I would like to have a look at Northumberland.

I was expecting you to mention Maryport, Workington and Barrow.

I visited Hadraw Force near Hawes on the way up last time. I expect you've been.

http://hardrawforce.com/boximg/falls2rs.jpg

Pokster
09-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Yes, when I eventually finish exploring every hill and valley of t'lakes I would like to have a look at Northumberland.

I was expecting you to mention Maryport, Workington and Barrow.

I visited Hadraw Force near Hawes on the way up last time. I expect you've been.

http://hardrawforce.com/boximg/falls2rs.jpg

Yes, long time ago... not really done the NW apart from the lakes

Luis Anaconda
09-28-2017, 12:56 PM

Of course - silly me

Peter
09-28-2017, 12:58 PM
Don't really have one..... now get back to your streets paved with Gold

I live in Colchester.

Pokster
09-28-2017, 12:58 PM
I live in Colchester.

Poor you... I used to live in Kelvedon

Peter
09-28-2017, 12:59 PM

I went there once- the North West.

It was cold and there was a definite smell of ****. Never been to Sunderland but Newcastle is bad enough. I imagine Sunderland is a bit worse.

Peter
09-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Poor you... I used to live in Kelvedon

Well that is the posh bit compared to Colchester.

****hole would be very, very generous.

Peter
09-28-2017, 01:01 PM
And a Charles Holden at that. Though not one of his best ones tbf.

http://www.modernarchitecturelondon.com/photos/lu-boundsgreen-01.jpg

It does look a little cramped. Southgate isn't bad.

Pokster
09-28-2017, 01:02 PM
Well that is the posh bit compared to Colchester.

****hole would be very, very generous.

Some nice parts.. nearly bought near the Golf course in 98/99

SWv2
09-28-2017, 01:09 PM
I hope they throw the metaphorical book at him.

Thug.

Peter
09-28-2017, 01:12 PM
I hope they throw the metaphorical book at him.

Thug.

Did you not make any mistakes as a young man? Did you never fracture the odd law in the Queen's Head?

Dont be a grumpy old ****.

Ash
09-28-2017, 01:15 PM
It does look a little cramped. Southgate isn't bad.

Southgate is excellent. The top bit was the inspiration for the design of the dalek, apparently.

http://www.modernarchitecturelondon.com/photos/lu-southgate-01.jpg

I like Chiswick Park, too.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6465731185_3d96947976_z.jpg

Peter
09-28-2017, 01:28 PM
Southgate is excellent. The top bit was the inspiration for the design of the dalek, apparently.

http://www.modernarchitecturelondon.com/photos/lu-southgate-01.jpg

I like Chiswick Park, too.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6465731185_3d96947976_z.jpg

Yes, that is rather good.

Tony C
09-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Not that it matters but I thought the last guy was knocked out when his head hit the concrete.

He was already a bit wobbly...the punch caused him to lose more balance and fall over but he was only unconscious because of the impact with the road.

Personally...think it was a bit of a sucker punch from Stokes...the lad was retreating and offering nothing in terms of a fight

SWv2
09-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Did you not make any mistakes as a young man? Did you never fracture the odd law in the Queen's Head?

Dont be a grumpy old ****.

Whatever I may have done in the past does not matter a jot. You can’t go round just attacking chaps in the street.

If a footballer did this he would roundly be criticised as a scumbag, cricketer does it and you seem to call for leniency.

I expect a cover up. For shame.

Peter
09-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Whatever I may have done in the past does not matter a jot. You can’t go round just attacking chaps in the street.

If a footballer did this he would roundly be criticised as a scumbag, cricketer does it and you seem to call for leniency.

I expect a cover up. For shame.

In our defence, he is a very good cricketer indeed.

Your previous behaviour matters a great deal and the fact that you believe it doesnt shows you have a great deal to learn.

SWv2
09-28-2017, 01:46 PM
In our defence, he is a very good cricketer indeed.

Your previous behaviour matters a great deal and the fact that you believe it doesnt shows you have a great deal to learn.

I have just watched the video and would suggest he is in a spot of bother.

My previous behaviour is totally irrelevant as I was dealt with at that time. This is a new case and verily I hope he gets done.

If an ordinary chap was to behave in such a way on a Saturday night you would want the full wrath of law and order to prevail. Just because this ginger thug can throw a ball very fast and/or catch a ball does not make him any different.

Burney
09-28-2017, 01:46 PM
I live in Colchester.

My daughter's about to start university there.

SWv2
09-28-2017, 01:50 PM
My daughter's about to start university there.

Colchester University. Who knew.

What course is she doing?

Burney
09-28-2017, 01:56 PM
Colchester University. Who knew.

What course is she doing?

It's the University of Essex. And Drama :rolleyes:

SWv2
09-28-2017, 01:58 PM

Oh sweet baby Jesus :hehe:

Burney
09-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Oh sweet baby Jesus :hehe:

Yeah. She keeps telling me drama graduates are very employable. I nod and smile.

SWv2
09-28-2017, 02:09 PM
Yeah. She keeps telling me drama graduates are very employable. I nod and smile.

Well a degree is merely proof, or a suggestion, to a potential employer that the applicant is of a reasonable level of intelligence and capable of applying themselves to a task.

I interviewed a chap years ago whose degree was something related to archaeology so obviously when the conversation lulled and we were dealing with hobbies and interests this came up, as in “what the fúck …”. There followed a discussion about Indiana Jones which apparently is a very common misconception as what AJ does in the movies is not archaeology.

Naturally I did not offer him the position as in this case all the degree proved was that he was a complete fúcking pervert with a few letters after his name.

Peter
09-28-2017, 02:15 PM

Is she staying on campus?

Its a ****hole but marginally better than the town itself.

Burney
09-28-2017, 02:17 PM

Yes. A triumph of brutalist architecture, most of it. To be fair, the grounds around the campus are quite nice - at least in summer.

Peter
09-28-2017, 02:18 PM
I have just watched the video and would suggest he is in a spot of bother.

My previous behaviour is totally irrelevant as I was dealt with at that time. This is a new case and verily I hope he gets done.

If an ordinary chap was to behave in such a way on a Saturday night you would want the full wrath of law and order to prevail. Just because this ginger thug can throw a ball very fast and/or catch a ball does not make him any different.

Let he who is without sin and all that. So, what did you get done for then? :D

A bowler does not throw the ball.

SWv2
09-28-2017, 02:18 PM

Halls of residence eh.

Hotbeds of riding. Sorry B.

Peter
09-28-2017, 02:19 PM
Yes. A triumph of brutalist architecture, most of it. To be fair, the grounds around the campus are quite nice - at least in summer.

I know a couple of people there. I'll ask them to keep an eye on her for you.

Peter
09-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Halls of residence eh.

Hotbeds of riding. Sorry B.

Not these days. Entering another's room is 'space rape'. They take this stuff very seriously indeed. The lads keep to themselves out of sheer terror.

Plenty of weed though. That hasn't changed.

SWv2
09-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Not these days. Entering another's room is 'space rape'. They take this stuff very seriously indeed. The lads keep to themselves out of sheer terror.

Plenty of weed though. That hasn't changed.

Jesus fúcking christ. What's the point in even going then?

Burney
09-28-2017, 02:33 PM
Let he who is without sin and all that. So, what did you get done for then? :D

A bowler does not throw the ball.

Muttiah Muralitharan does not like this.

Peter
09-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Jesus fúcking christ. What's the point in even going then?

Transferable skills. Learning how to think and write- stuff like that.

Peter
09-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Muttiah Muralitharan does not like this.

His action was cleared. Suggesting otherwise is a bit racist.

Burney
09-28-2017, 03:07 PM
His action was cleared. Suggesting otherwise is a bit racist.

No. Suggesting he was only allowed to bowl because he was brown and that an English or Australian bowler with the same action would've been banned in a heartbeat would be a bit racist.*

*Albeit true, obviously.

Peter
09-28-2017, 03:28 PM
No. Suggesting he was only allowed to bowl because he was brown and that an English or Australian bowler with the same action would've been banned in a heartbeat would be a bit racist.*

*Albeit true, obviously.

I think you could argue that isn't racist either.

Anyway, I think his action was ok. Probably. Possibly.

Burney
09-28-2017, 04:32 PM
I think you could argue that isn't racist either.

Anyway, I think his action was ok. Probably. Possibly.

Once they changed the rules to make it legal, it was fine, yeah.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
09-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Just saying like.

noncing ...