PDA

View Full Version : I hate wednesdays... nothing ever good happened on a wednesday.

Fash
09-27-2017, 01:15 PM
that's right.......

Burney
09-27-2017, 01:24 PM
that's right.......

FASH! Back!

Fantastic. That Pat Vegas chap was all very well, but a bit grown-up.

SWv2
09-27-2017, 01:24 PM
that's right.......

We beat Parma in the ECWC final on a Wednesday.

We beat United at OT to win the league in 2002 on a Wednesday.

This post was brought to you in the deviant manner of LA.

Monty92
09-27-2017, 01:27 PM
I've noticed that most terrorist attacks seem to happen on Thursdays, which is really annoying as I look after the kids on Fridays and it's quite hard to spread race-baiting filth on social media with two sprogs tugging at your ankles.

We beat Parma in the ECWC final on a Wednesday.

We beat United at OT to win the league in 2002 on a Wednesday.

This post was brought to you in the deviant manner of LA.

Burney
09-27-2017, 01:31 PM
I've noticed that most terrorist attacks seem to happen on Thursdays, which is really annoying as I look after the kids on Fridays and it's quite hard to spread race-baiting filth on social media with two sprogs tugging at your ankles.

The last one was a Friday, wasn't it? The tube won. And I think the Bataclan and London Bridge were Fridays as well.

Monty92
09-27-2017, 01:33 PM
The last one was a Friday, wasn't it? The tube won. And I think the Bataclan and London Bridge were Fridays as well.

Well Fridays are no good either - I'm stuck with the kids all weekend too.

I really do hope they start happening earlier in the week :-(

Pokster
09-27-2017, 01:34 PM

But apart from all the ones that are on other days, Thursday is the most popular

SWv2
09-27-2017, 01:35 PM

I expect that in both your analysis and Monty’s analysis the answer lies in the simple fact that the terrorist is clearing the decks as such before the weekend which itself brings more mundane tasks such as the big shop, kids football, cutting the grass maybe or taking the car to be washed.

To have to put a few hours aside for attempted mass murder could and would only cause grief with the Mrs.

Burney
09-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Well Fridays are no good either - I'm stuck with the kids all weekend too.

I really do hope they start happening earlier in the week :-(

I'd go for Tuesdays. I usually feel quite nihilistic on a Tuesday.

Burney
09-27-2017, 01:39 PM
I expect that in both your analysis and Monty’s analysis the answer lies in the simple fact that the terrorist is clearing the decks as such before the weekend which itself brings more mundane tasks such as the big shop, kids football, cutting the grass maybe or taking the car to be washed.

To have to put a few hours aside for attempted mass murder could and would only cause grief with the Mrs.

It's a fair point. But if you then have to go on the run over the weekend, many train lines run a limited service on a Sunday due to engineering works, which could put a nasty dent in one's ability to escape the forces of kuffar oppression.

Monty92
09-27-2017, 01:39 PM
I'd go for Tuesdays. I usually feel quite nihilistic on a Tuesday.

I'd go for the Sabbath. A good day to bury bad Jews, imo.

Burney
09-27-2017, 01:40 PM
I'd go for the Sabbath. A good day to bury bad Jews, imo.

Which sabbath, though? The real one or the Jewish one?

Nice pun, btw. Original?

Pokster
09-27-2017, 01:41 PM

Nice pun, btw. Original?

He hasn't been original in his life, he's not going to start now

Peter
09-27-2017, 01:43 PM
It's a fair point. But if you then have to go on the run over the weekend, many train lines run a limited service on a Sunday due to engineering works, which could put a nasty dent in one's ability to escape the forces of kuffar oppression.

Plus Friday is generally the 'take out the trash' day, based on the fact that people Pay less attention to the press over a weekend. A sensible terrorist would go with Monday or Tuesday.

They really need to step up their PR and communications department. Its just amateur.

Monty92
09-27-2017, 01:43 PM

Nice pun, btw. Original?

Yes. More funny-sounding than clever, to be fair.

Monty92
09-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Plus Friday is generally the 'take out the trash' day, based on the fact that people Pay less attention to the press over a weekend. A sensible terrorist would go with Monday or Tuesday.

They really need to step up their PR and communications department. Its just amateur.

But Allans like to take out the trash. And then rape them.

Burney
09-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Yes. More funny-sounding than clever, to be fair.

Yes. One of those phrases you have to build a joke around rather than it being the joke itself. Still...

I'm starting to think that the Labour party is doing the worst possible thing for its electoral chances by acting as though it's actually got a serious chance of winning the next election.

I think plenty of people last time were prepared to vote for Corbyn on the basis that he wasn't actually going to become PM. I suspect him and his party saying he is will put an awful lot of people off.

Fash
09-27-2017, 01:54 PM
FASH! Back!

Fantastic. That Pat Vegas chap was all very well, but a bit grown-up.

Yes I find him boring.. i bet he wouldn't like me. his knowledge of the London underground is vastly inferior to mine.

Monty92
09-27-2017, 01:56 PM
I've no idea. Polls still suggest corbyn has a credibility problem, despite the whole "cult of corbyn" business, I personally think he has very little to do with labour's resurgence and it would have come whoever was leader.

Populists are characterised by charisma and force of personality and he has none.

Yes. One of those phrases you have to build a joke around rather than it being the joke itself. Still...

I'm starting to think that the Labour party is doing the worst possible thing for its electoral chances by acting as though it's actually got a serious chance of winning the next election.

I think plenty of people last time were prepared to vote for Corbyn on the basis that he wasn't actually going to become PM. I suspect him and his party saying he is will put an awful lot of people off.

Burney
09-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Yes I find him boring.. i bet he wouldn't like me. his knowledge of the London underground is vastly inferior to mine.

Here's one for you: which stations on the same line are a/ furthest apart and b/ closest to one another?

Burney
09-27-2017, 02:04 PM
I've no idea. Polls still suggest corbyn has a credibility problem, despite the whole "cult of corbyn" business, I personally think he has very little to do with labour's resurgence and it would have come whoever was leader.

Populists are characterised by charisma and force of personality and he has none.

There is the theory that his very lack of discernible personality allows people to project whatever they want onto him. This whole 'he cares' stuff is bizarre, though. This is a man who nurtures anti-semites, supports terrorists and baldly refuses to condemn a Venezuelan president who is currently murdering his own people while being condemned by Amnesty and the UN. But despite all this, you get the same old guff about him 'caring' coming out.

It's all bloody odd, I must say. A madness seems to have descended on politics.

Monty92
09-27-2017, 02:22 PM
There is the theory that his very lack of discernible personality allows people to project whatever they want onto him. This whole 'he cares' stuff is bizarre, though. This is a man who nurtures anti-semites, supports terrorists and baldly refuses to condemn a Venezuelan president who is currently murdering his own people while being condemned by Amnesty and the UN. But despite all this, you get the same old guff about him 'caring' coming out.

It's all bloody odd, I must say. A madness seems to have descended on politics.

I still think the theory that they peaked in the last GE is credible and something to cling on to.

But the big fear for me is Labour's ability to mobilise non-voters, which simply can't be matched by the Tories. However, I've seen analysis that suggests the seats in which those votes are up for grabs are not in the areas of the country that are any use to them if they want to win an election.

But given the Tories can't mobilise non-voters, that leaves them with the task of persuading swing voters and traditional Tory voters who didn't turn out last time because a) they voted remain and couldn't endorse a so-called hard brexit, or b) wanted to punish May for her hubris, to return to the fold.

There's some hope of success in both categories and that could help them across the line again, I reckon.

Fash
09-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Here's one for you: which stations on the same line are a/ furthest apart and b/ closest to one another?

Epping to Ruislip central and covent garden to leicester square on the piccadilly line..

Burney
09-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Epping to Ruislip central and covent garden to leicester square on the piccadilly line..

That's interesting. I've got Chesham and Chalfont and Latimer on the Metropolitan line, which are 6.3km apart.

I'm starting to doubt your tube powers. Are you really Fash? :sherlock:

Rich
09-27-2017, 02:28 PM
that's right.......

Whatttttttt!!!

Still, they are clearly superior to either Mondays or Tuesdays, no? You should see the sights I see of a Monday, F. People really get themselves into some pickles over the weekend.

Burney
09-27-2017, 02:29 PM
I still think the theory that they peaked in the last GE is credible and something to cling on to.

But the big fear for me is Labour's ability to mobilise non-voters, which simply can't be matched by the Tories. However, I've seen analysis that suggests the seats in which those votes are up for grabs are not in the areas of the country that are any use to them if they want to win an election.

But given the Tories can't mobilise non-voters, that leaves them with the task of persuading swing voters and traditional Tory voters who didn't turn out last time because a) they voted remain and couldn't endorse a so-called hard brexit, or b) wanted to punish May for her hubris, to return to the fold.

There's some hope of success in both categories and that could help them across the line again, I reckon.

You'd think that people who voted Remain because they didn't want a shock to the economy would surely struggle to vote again for a man who has to war-game a run on the pound if he wins a general election, can they?

There are things that happened last time that I simply can not ever see happening again, though. Labour won Kensington & Chelsea, ffs!

Rich
That's interesting. I've got Chesham and Chalfont and Latimer on the Metropolitan line, which are 6.3km apart.

Are you calculating this by the distance of the tube line (essentially as the crow flies) or Google mapping the distance between stations?

Burney
Whatttttttt!!!

Still, they are clearly superior to either Mondays or Tuesdays, no? You should see the sights I see of a Monday, F. People really get themselves into some pickles over the weekend.

I imagine they also get pickles into themselves.

Burney
09-27-2017, 02:30 PM
Are you calculating this by the distance of the tube line (essentially as the crow flies) or Google mapping the distance between stations?

The actual length of the track.

Fash
09-27-2017, 02:31 PM

you are correct but in fash style i did not read your question properly and thought it was from end of line to the other end..

you hate me raelly dont you? :sadface:

Burney
you are correct but in fash style i did not read your question properly and thought it was from end of line to the other end..

you hate me raelly dont you? :sadface:

Not at all! I love you, man! :hug:

Fash

yes i was doing this recently in parsons green and i got shouty policeman at my door..

Rich
09-27-2017, 02:33 PM
yes i was doing this recently in parsons green and i got shouty policeman at my door..

One of my favourite pubs (The White Horse) is at Parsons Green.

I just thought I would share that fact with you.

Ash
09-27-2017, 02:39 PM

Having walked the buggers, I can confirm that Chesham to Chalfont & Latimer felt the longest distance apart, but with Covent Garden - Lester Sq the accepted closest, it blows the 'on the same line' thing apart. Great Portland Street and Euston Square on the Met are fairly close.

Burney
09-27-2017, 02:39 PM

It's a sad day when an honest, upstanding deviant like yourself can't pursue his chosen perversion without someone thinking he's a terrorist, f. :shakehead:

Monty92
09-27-2017, 02:47 PM
You'd think that people who voted Remain because they didn't want a shock to the economy would surely struggle to vote again for a man who has to war-game a run on the pound if he wins a general election, can they?

There are things that happened last time that I simply can not ever see happening again, though. Labour won Kensington & Chelsea, ffs!

True. It's fair to assume most Tory remainers voted remain out of pragmatic concern for the economy whereas Labour remainers did so because they'd been indoctrinated into believing voting to leave was racist. This is also reason for hope.

On the other hand, Grenfell has been an absolute gift from the heavens for Labour.

Burney
09-27-2017, 02:52 PM
True. It's fair to assume most Tory remainers voted remain out of pragmatic concern for the economy whereas Labour remainers did so because they'd been indoctrinated into believing voting to leave was racist. This is also reason for hope.

On the other hand, Grenfell has been an absolute gift from the heavens for Labour.

Surely no-one still cares about Grenfell, though, do they? It was ages ago. The residents have all moved on in the public mind from plucky survivors to whining, freeloading, scrounging (almost certainly) illegal immigrants, haven't they?