PDA

View Full Version : Jack Wilshere is an interesting player.

Pat Vegas
09-21-2017, 08:17 AM
he can pick out some amazing passes.
Yet always makes one extra complicated move or elaborate pass at the end and it goes to waste.

Other thoughts,
Is Sanchez deliberately over hitting passes? he did this last week.
Why all these bloody backheels.
why did we take a proper corner in the last few seconds of extra time allowing for a possible last attack for the other team?

Mo Britain less Europe
09-21-2017, 08:20 AM
I don't think Doncaster would have scored even if we'd played without a keeper. It was a lifeless performance which you knew would be improved if it had to be.

But disappointing for the fringe players not to take the opportunity to show something.

SWv2
09-21-2017, 08:27 AM
Yet always makes one extra complicated move or elaborate pass at the end and it goes to waste.

Other thoughts,
why did we take a proper corner in the last few seconds of extra time allowing for a possible last attack for the other team?

I thought the selection of Sanchez was quite odd given the injury to Welbeck which means he is now without doubt a first 11 starter.

That is all I have to say on this game as I did not see any of it.

Sir C
09-21-2017, 08:28 AM

Other thoughts,

Wilshere will remain fit this season and his presence will be the catalyst that drives us to the treble FACT. (Possibly quadruple CONJECTURE)

Sanchez is a drama queen who plays solely for Sanchez, not for his team-mates. Hopefully his role will be confined to League Cup and UEFA cup games until he leaves in January.

Pokster
09-21-2017, 08:29 AM
I thought the selection of Sanchez was quite odd given the injury to Welbeck which means he is now without doubt a first 11 starter.

That is all I have to say on this game as I did not see any of it.

Increase match fitness ahead of a return next monday... when he will throw a strop

SWv2
09-21-2017, 08:32 AM
Sanchez is a drama queen who plays solely for Sanchez, not for his team-mates. Hopefully his role will be confined to League Cup and UEFA cup games until he leaves in January.

You have chastised me in the past, at times aggressively and excessively if I may say so, for having opinions which could be deemed as negative towards our players.

Lecturing me at length about what being a supporter means, as if I am some newbie on the scene, which we both know is factually incorrect.

Now this.

You're nothing but a Dutch Irish mongrel charlatan.

That is my final word on this. Good day.

Pat Vegas
09-21-2017, 08:34 AM
I don't think Doncaster would have scored even if we'd played without a keeper. It was a lifeless performance which you knew would be improved if it had to be.

But disappointing for the fringe players not to take the opportunity to show something.

:nod: I was sort of hoping that that Doncaster would score so we'd pick it up a bit.

Pat Vegas
09-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Wilshere will remain fit this season and his presence will be the catalyst that drives us to the treble FACT. (Possibly quadruple CONJECTURE)

Seems rather silly that we didn't sell him.

Sir C
09-21-2017, 08:35 AM
You have chastised me in the past, at times aggressively and excessively if I may say so, for having opinions which could be deemed as negative towards our players.

Lecturing me at length about what being a supporter means, as if I am some newbie on the scene, which we both know is factually incorrect.

Now this.

You're nothing but a Dutch Irish mongrel charlatan.

That is my final word on this. Good day.

Ooh, touchy.

Off you flounce, Paddy. Must be time for your breakfast pint.

Tony C
09-21-2017, 08:41 AM
That left back Josh Da Silva is quite the unit.

Think Donnie were a little over awed early and we capitalised but the longer the game went on the less our players had an impact as the system was all wrong with players out of position again.

Maitland needs to play in defensive midfield...he's the new Ray Parlour but just gets hung out on the left wing like a sick joke.

Reece cannot defend to save his life and just became a constant target for Donnie.

Norwich can do a lot better if we go with a similar set up.

SWv2
09-21-2017, 08:41 AM
Ooh, touchy.

Off you flounce, Paddy. Must be time for your breakfast pint.

I had a homemade “juice” for breakfast, not sure exactly what was in it but the colour was very green, and a digestive biscuit with Nutella.

:-\

Sir C
09-21-2017, 08:44 AM
I had a homemade “juice” for breakfast, not sure exactly what was in it but the colour was very green, and a digestive biscuit with Nutella.

:-\

mrs w has one of those juicer things? My glw bought one but luckily got bored with it inside a week. Back of the cupboard it is.

I wonder what those juices are supposed to do for you. Make you shít regular, I suppose.

SWv2
09-21-2017, 08:45 AM
Maitland needs to play in defensive midfield...he's the new Ray Parlour but just gets hung out on the left wing like a sick joke.

The tactical contradiction within this statement is making me feel weak and somewhat queasy.

SWv2
09-21-2017, 08:48 AM
mrs w has one of those juicer things? My glw bought one but luckily got bored with it inside a week. Back of the cupboard it is.

I wonder what those juices are supposed to do for you. Make you shít regular, I suppose.

Yes, Nutri Bullet thing but of course that is merely a brand name which has been taken into common vernacular, see Hoover for a well know case study.

Fruit, veg, spices and seeds / powders (legal). All blitzed to fúck and then decanted into a glass sat waiting for me as I start the challenges of a new day.

Some are vile, truly so, and will be chucked down the sink.

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 10:11 AM

Other thoughts,

He simply doesn't play enough football. He needs to stay fit for a year to truly discover what sort of player he is, or can be, and then take it from there.

Peter
09-21-2017, 10:25 AM
He simply doesn't play enough football. He needs to stay fit for a year to truly discover what sort of player he is, or can be, and then take it from there.

And then sign for someone else for nothing. :D

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 10:39 AM
And then sign for someone else for nothing. :D

Probably. Can you think of another English, even British, player of Wilsh's sort that's been successful in England?

Tony C
09-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Probably Bentley but he ended up in Russia i fink.

His skills set is pretty rare.

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 10:48 AM
Probably Bentley but he ended up in Russia i fink.

His skills set is pretty rare.

Good call. I was thinking Gascoigne but can you see Jack scoring a hundert goals.

Tony C
09-21-2017, 11:14 AM
If he was taller and could do a good lucozade advert then maybe John Barnes

They don't make ads like that anymore...

https://youtu.be/BVyFSA1DCTg

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 11:55 AM
If he was taller and could do a good lucozade advert then maybe John Barnes

They don't make ads like that anymore...

https://youtu.be/BVyFSA1DCTg

loooooooool.

Peter
09-21-2017, 12:12 PM
Probably. Can you think of another English, even British, player of Wilsh's sort that's been successful in England?

I thought we were waiting to find out what 'sort' of player he was?

His englishness shouldn't be a problem.

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 02:05 PM
I thought we were waiting to find out what 'sort' of player he was?

His englishness shouldn't be a problem.

That's right, up to a point. We already certainly know he's a not-very-physically-robust midget, which would rule out the David Batty role. And he doesn't score goals either, which rules out a Dennis Wise role. He also doesn't kick people so much as he gets kicked himself, which counts against him when compared to either of them.

What's left? Scholes?

And you're mistaken about his Englishness; Wenger would've moved him aside ages ago had he been foreign.

Peter
09-21-2017, 02:10 PM
That's right, up to a point. We already certainly know he's a not-very-physically-robust midget, which would rule out the David Batty role. And he doesn't score goals either, which rules out a Dennis Wise role. He also doesn't kick people so much as he gets kicked himself, which counts against him when compared to either of them.

What's left? Scholes?

And you're mistaken about his Englishness; Wenger would've moved him aside ages ago had he been foreign.

All of the above applies to Arteta. Foreign, stuck with him for years, Wenger loved him (and rightly so).

I just meant that him being English shouldn't make it harder for him to be whatever it is he is supposed to be. So finding a foreign player who has managed it should be enough- we dont need an english example.

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 02:19 PM
All of the above applies to Arteta. Foreign, stuck with him for years, Wenger loved him (and rightly so).

I just meant that him being English shouldn't make it harder for him to be whatever it is he is supposed to be. So finding a foreign player who has managed it should be enough- we dont need an english example.

Different matter entirely; Arteta is actually foreign. The same way Wenger Himself is foreign.

I see what you mean, but I think Wenger was stung by the criticism He received when He first began to field a side with no English players in it and since resolved not to let it happen again. Too often. The point though is that England, or the Premier League, doesn't tend to produce players like Arteta. Or Jack Wilshere. There must be a reason for this.

Peter
09-21-2017, 02:25 PM
Different matter entirely; Arteta is actually foreign. The same way Wenger Himself is foreign.

I see what you mean, but I think Wenger was stung by the criticism He received when He first began to field a side with no English players in it and since resolved not to let it happen again. Too often. The point though is that England, or the Premier League, doesn't tend to produce players like Arteta. Or Jack Wilshere. There must be a reason for this.

Because we hack them to pieces. Or 'put them under pressure, letting them know you are there' depending on your standpoint.

Wenger is right that Jack is a special case, as are you (right that is). THere is a hell of a footballer in there somewhere and we may as well have one last go to see if we can find him.

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 02:40 PM
Because we hack them to pieces. Or 'put them under pressure, letting them know you are there' depending on your standpoint.

Wenger is right that Jack is a special case, as are you (right that is). THere is a hell of a footballer in there somewhere and we may as well have one last go to see if we can find him.

Absolutely. But if we know it, why doesn't the manager.

Peter
09-21-2017, 02:41 PM
Absolutely. But if we know it, why doesn't the manager.

He does doesn't he?

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 02:55 PM
He does doesn't he?

I meant the bit about hacking uppity young fanny dancers to pieces. He does rather seem to have forgotten that.

Peter
09-21-2017, 03:01 PM
I meant the bit about hacking uppity young fanny dancers to pieces. He does rather seem to have forgotten that.

I think he thinks it shouldn't happen and that to him is very close to saying that it doesn't.

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 03:06 PM
I think he thinks it shouldn't happen and that to him is very close to saying that it doesn't.

Yes. Senile, you see.

Also, I forgot about Bryan Robson, but can anybody see Jack playing about 800 games in his career? 8 games in a row and we'd be dancing in the streets.

World's End Stella
09-21-2017, 03:13 PM

And it might mean putting Ramsey on the bench :cloud9:

Peter
09-21-2017, 03:18 PM
Yes. Senile, you see.

Also, I forgot about Bryan Robson, but can anybody see Jack playing about 800 games in his career? 8 games in a row and we'd be dancing in the streets.

I think Robbo was capable of 'putting a foot in'......

Peter
09-21-2017, 03:19 PM

It wont though, will it. He will stick him at wing back. Or further forward (which I wouldn't have a problem with).

World's End Stella
09-21-2017, 03:25 PM
It wont though, will it. He will stick him at wing back. Or further forward (which I wouldn't have a problem with).

In 343 he should only be one of the central 2 in the 4.

In 4231 you could make an argument for the middle of the 3, although I wouldn't.

Anything else is insane. So yes, it might happen.

Peter
09-21-2017, 03:32 PM
In 343 he should only be one of the central 2 in the 4.

In 4231 you could make an argument for the middle of the 3, although I wouldn't.

Anything else is insane. So yes, it might happen.

In 343 I would put him in Ozil's role where he will do the least harm.

4231 I don't want him as one of the two.

World's End Stella
09-21-2017, 03:38 PM
In 343 I would put him in Ozil's role where he will do the least harm.

4231 I don't want him as one of the two.

Wide left in 343? Are you quite mad?

Jack is a central midfielder, Peter. Putting him anywhere else has been part of the problem. I prefer him further back as it encourages him to pass the ball more quickly, hanging on to it too long is one of his issues, one which are genius manager has never corrected.

Wenger out.

Peter
09-21-2017, 03:40 PM

Jack is a central midfielder, Peter. Putting him anywhere else has been part of the problem. I prefer him further back as it encourages him to pass the ball more quickly, hanging on to it too long is one of his issues, one which are genius manager has never corrected.

Wenger out.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Ramsey.

SWv2
09-21-2017, 03:50 PM

More than likely find a way to shoehorn them all in.

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 03:56 PM
I think Robbo was capable of 'putting a foot in'......

Right. And, importantly, without that foot falling off at the ankle each time :-\

SWv2
09-21-2017, 04:10 PM
Right. And, importantly, without that foot falling off at the ankle each time :-\

Captain Marvel had his fair share of injuries.

Fúcked shoulder from memory.

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 04:12 PM

Wenger out.

That's harsh on Veng, imo. As P says, if he (Jack) had had the **** kicked out of him at an early age, he wouldn't do that anymore. (Of course, as a result, he probably wouldn't have ever made our first team either, seeing as the *that* is what makes people like Wenger like him so much in the first place). Anyway, the manager loves him so plays him further forward, but that can't really work either, as our team, probably more than any other, simply cannot afford to carry a non-scoring #10, and we certainly cannot afford to carry two or three of the buggers.

Like I said, Jack simply doesn't play enough football for anyone to really work out how, of even if, he is going to work out because he never stays fit for long enough. I'm not sure there's anything the manager can do about that.

redgunamo
09-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Captain Marvel had his fair share of injuries.

Fúcked shoulder from memory.

Not really. That mental image is forged entirely by the infamous footage of him being helped off the pitch having done said shoulder early on in a World Cup game. As I say, he actually played about 800 games; hardly the career of a Sicknote, is it. I doubt Wilshere will get anywhere near that.

Luis Anaconda
09-22-2017, 08:36 AM

Wenger out.
Beautifully put - in one sentence you absolutely sum up how little you know or understand football. wd Wes

World's End Stella
09-22-2017, 08:40 AM
Beautifully put - in one sentence you absolutely sum up how little you know or understand football. wd Wes

Beautifully put - in one sentence you absolutely sum up how much of a tw@t you can be when people have an opinion which differs from yours. wd Anaconda

Luis Anaconda
09-22-2017, 08:46 AM
Beautifully put - in one sentence you absolutely sum up how much of a tw@t you can be when people have an opinion which differs from yours. wd Anaconda

:wave: Morning Wes. I'm tremendously hungover this morning, so I wouldn't take anything I say too seriously. As if you ever did :)

Pokster
09-22-2017, 08:52 AM
:wave: Morning Wes. I'm tremendously hungover this morning, so I wouldn't take anything I say too seriously. As if you ever did :)

BOOO, a good friday AWIMB fight is always fun

Sir C
09-22-2017, 08:53 AM

He didn't call you a moose-fúcker.

I'd have called you a moose-fúcker :thumbup:

Luis Anaconda
09-22-2017, 09:05 AM

I feel it would have been politically incorrect to call the moose-fúcker a moose-fúcker

Peter
09-22-2017, 09:10 AM

Wait....so Jack isn't a central midfielder?

I am confused/sober.

Pokster
09-22-2017, 09:26 AM

Ahem, big headed sweaty moose-****er shirley?

Sir C
09-22-2017, 09:31 AM

I am confused/sober.

I think 'central midfielder' means something different these days. He's a trequartista, don't you know. #jorge

Peter
09-22-2017, 09:35 AM
I think 'central midfielder' means something different these days. He's a trequartista, don't you know. #jorge

Does he play in the middle bit of the pitch doing passes and stuff, and not scoring? I dont mind what we call it.

Tony C
09-22-2017, 09:37 AM
To be honest with you guys...I don't think he's that interesting to warrant 6 pages

World's End Stella
09-22-2017, 09:38 AM
Does he play in the middle bit of the pitch doing passes and stuff, and not scoring? I dont mind what we call it.

Yes, but don't call him a central midfielder. Let's just call him Jack and not pigeonhole the poor chap.

Sir C
09-22-2017, 09:38 AM

I am afraid you are somewhat behind the times. Back in my day, a midfield player was a midfield player. Now he must be categorised as a central midfielder, a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder, or a no. 10/trequartista.

Football hipsters have destroyed our game, p :-( #jorge

Peter
09-22-2017, 10:04 AM
I am afraid you are somewhat behind the times. Back in my day, a midfield player was a midfield player. Now he must be categorised as a central midfielder, a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder, or a no. 10/trequartista.

Football hipsters have destroyed our game, p :-( #jorge

Or a holding midfielder. Or an injured midfielder, which is his best position.

Luis Anaconda
09-22-2017, 10:12 AM

I am confused/sober.
He's a footballer player, p. And a very good one - he can play in central midfield but he shouldn't be defined as a central midfield player.

Peter
09-22-2017, 10:23 AM
He's a footballer player, p. And a very good one - he can play in central midfield but he shouldn't be defined as a central midfield player.

I can see now that it was unfair. I notice we are continuing to make assumptions as to HIS gender identity.

Jack, and Jack alone, gets to decide who Jack is.

Luis Anaconda
09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
I can see now that it was unfair. I notice we are continuing to make assumptions as to HIS gender identity.

Jack, and Jack alone, gets to decide who Jack is.

Spot on p :) I apologise for my pigeonholing

Peter
09-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Spot on p :) I apologise for my pigeonholing

I accept your apology. Jack may not be so forgiving. You know what midfielders are like ;)

Ash
09-22-2017, 12:38 PM

He didn't get that no. 10 shirt for nothing, you know.

Oh. *remembers Gallas