PDA

View Full Version : A corner turned or papering over the cracks?

Sir C
09-18-2017, 08:14 AM
You decide.

SWv2
09-18-2017, 08:20 AM
You decide.

A decent performance Dutch, disciplined. Ultimately a little flat as 0-0 draws go but we move on.

Interesting in as much that the performance was managed in the absence of our two wantaway superstars.

Sir C
09-18-2017, 08:24 AM
A decent performance Dutch, disciplined. Ultimately a little flat as 0-0 draws go but we move on.

Interesting in as much that the performance was managed in the absence of our two wantaway superstars.

A man of the match performance from Aaron playing at 10, I understand.

wd ar.

World's End Stella
09-18-2017, 08:25 AM
Neither, it was the performance that this team is capable of and probably not much more.

We aren't good enough to challenge for the league but we are good enough to grind out a 0-0 away from home against one of the teams that is, provided we play sensibly as we did yesterday.

On another note, now that he isn't ours, surely we can admit what an appalling little c*nt of a player your little Catalan bezzie is? I was tempted to put my fist through the screen when the balding, shark faced little weasel ran 20 yards to scream at Oliver to give Mustafi a second yellow.

Burney
09-18-2017, 08:25 AM
You decide.

It was interesting that we can actually put in a defensively competent performance when we decide to do so. The only other point of interest really was that Chelsea aren't all that, which means that United are going to win the league easily. :-(

Sir C
09-18-2017, 08:28 AM
It was interesting that we can actually put in a defensively competent performance when we decide to do so. The only other point of interest really was that Chelsea aren't all that, which means that United are going to win the league easily. :-(

We'll win our next three and be right in amongst it. :trophy:

Kolasinac appears to be made of rocks and steel bars.

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2017, 08:28 AM

I didn't want to jinx it before the game but Wenger seems to have the indian sign somewhat over Conte - we've been the better team in four out the five games we've played against them. Is our passed-it, senile etc etc manager outwitting the fiery Italian?

Peter
09-18-2017, 08:31 AM
Neither, it was the performance that this team is capable of and probably not much more.

We aren't good enough to challenge for the league but we are good enough to grind out a 0-0 away from home against one of the teams that is, provided we play sensibly as we did yesterday.

On another note, now that he isn't ours, surely we can admit what an appalling little c*nt of a player your little Catalan bezzie is? I was tempted to put my fist through the screen when the balding, shark faced little weasel ran 20 yards to scream at Oliver to give Mustafi a second yellow.

I only watched the first 8 minutes. In that period I saw us caught on the counter twice, very nearly caught out by a short corner twice in a row in the same way and watched us give the ball away in our own half under no pressure. Then my stream broke which came as something of a relief.

Still, Ramsey eh?? Man of the match I hear. Must have been a ****ing awful match ;)

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2017, 08:35 AM

I think City will be in the mix. Actually, funny thing to say as they won 4-0 but I thought United were fairly unimpressive yesterday (and the United fans I was sitting voiced the same opinion). Second half they lost control of the game but sadly Everton were as toothless as a Scouse granny so beloved of Rooney. And Ashley Williams is an utter ****

Luis Anaconda
I only watched the first 8 minutes. In that period I saw us caught on the counter twice, very nearly caught out by a short corner twice in a row in the same way and watched us give the ball away in our own half under no pressure. Then my stream broke which came as something of a relief.

Still, Ramsey eh?? Man of the match I hear. Must have been a ****ing awful match ;)

Miserable ****

Tony C
we weren't carrying players yesterday...same as the semi final and the cup final

Ox cost us points with his drama this season and maybe hit away games we don't start Ozil.

Peter
09-18-2017, 08:37 AM
I think City will be in the mix. Actually, funny thing to say as they won 4-0 but I thought United were fairly unimpressive yesterday (and the United fans I was sitting voiced the same opinion). Second half they lost control of the game but sadly Everton were as toothless as a Scouse granny so beloved of Rooney. And Ashley Williams is an utter ****

I havent watched them this season but they seemed to be installed as favourites before anyone had kicked a ball. The Mourinho Factor, I believe this is called.

SWv2
09-18-2017, 08:38 AM
I didn't want to jinx it before the game but Wenger seems to have the indian sign somewhat over Conte - we've been the better team in four out the five games we've played against them. Is our passed-it, senile etc etc manager outwitting the fiery Italian?

Well I am not sure I believe in such occult style phenomena but he has a very good record (W3,D1,L1???).

Brave picks by AW yesterday in leaving out Sanchez given the backlash to his tactical omissions at Anfield. Had we lost you know the media would have gone for that and created stories of background unrest etc. Now playing 5 defenders in defensive roles, and crucially playing them where they are accustomed to play, and screened by two midfield footballers then yesterday is what should be expected so while I am more than gracious in awarding him credit it is something we need to see repeated and consistent.

I think Conte got it wrong yesterday as they looked a lot better when Bakayoko came on, as and when Hazard is fully fit then he takes Fabregas place and it is one from Willian and Pedro who both were very average. Their relative lack of summer spending sees them lag behind the Manchester duo.

Peter
09-18-2017, 08:38 AM
Miserable ****

This is the thing about not watching the game- you dont really have any cause to be happy or miserable. Its lovely.

Great result and I am told a really good performance. Well done lads :)

SWv2
09-18-2017, 08:39 AM

:hehe:

Visionary.

World's End Stella
09-18-2017, 08:39 AM

That from Alan Smith, hardly an in depth thinker.

He wasn't MOTM (that was Mustafi or Kos or maybe even Hector imo) and yes, he was only marginally better from a positional sense than he was at Liverpool. The difference was that Hector and Kolasinac were much better defensively than Hector and Ox and Iwobi and Welbeck worked their arses off so as a team we were much more compact. We looked like we were going to lose badly for about the first 10 minutes but then settled down and played much better, I think we edged it overall.

Rich
09-18-2017, 08:41 AM
You decide.

I think Mustafi is still celebrating :-(

World's End Stella
09-18-2017, 08:42 AM

Visionary.

Pep played Sterling, Aguero, De Bruyne, Jesus and Silva and still had Sane, Gundogan and Da Silva (wonderful player) on the bench.

Why on earth was he after Sanchez? :yikes:

Peter
09-18-2017, 08:43 AM

He wasn't MOTM (that was Mustafi or Kos or maybe even Hector imo) and yes, he was only marginally better from a positional sense than he was at Liverpool. The difference was that Hector and Kolasinac were much better defensively than Hector and Ox and Iwobi and Welbeck worked their arses off so as a team we were much more compact. We looked like we were going to lose badly for about the first 10 minutes but then settled down and played much better, I think we edged it overall.

Poor old Wellbz. Looks like another long spell on the sidelines which is a great shame. Even though his finishing is normally ****ing awful he certainly gets through some work.

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2017, 08:46 AM

Visionary.

:hehe: It's Monday morning, sw

Rich
09-18-2017, 08:47 AM
Poor old Wellbz. Looks like another long spell on the sidelines which is a great shame. Even though his finishing is normally ****ing awful he certainly gets through some work.

I'd have him in the team over Alexis too. As you say, does not stop running. He encourages others (rather than putting them down).

Hopefully we'll **** Alexis out of the window in Jan and bring Lemar in.

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2017, 08:50 AM
Well I am not sure I believe in such occult style phenomena but he has a very good record (W3,D1,L1???).

Brave picks by AW yesterday in leaving out Sanchez given the backlash to his tactical omissions at Anfield. Had we lost you know the media would have gone for that and created stories of background unrest etc. Now playing 5 defenders in defensive roles, and crucially playing them where they are accustomed to play, and screened by two midfield footballers then yesterday is what should be expected so while I am more than gracious in awarding him credit it is something we need to see repeated and consistent.

I think Conte got it wrong yesterday as they looked a lot better when Bakayoko came on, as and when Hazard is fully fit then he takes Fabregas place and it is one from Willian and Pedro who both were very average. Their relative lack of summer spending sees them lag behind the Manchester duo.

Technically w2 d2 l1 in the record books and penalty wins don't count. But spot on on Bakayoko. Missing Costa and Hazard massively, and only the latter will be back. Morata was quite easily handled by Mustafi - didn't help himself by going to ground at any contact. Was surprised Iwobi started ahead of other option ie Walcott but he actually worked much harder than I expected even if he was lacking a bit of inspiration

Pat Vegas
09-18-2017, 08:50 AM
You decide.

I didn't watch it properly. I had people over for lunch so I had to sneak it on and leave it on mute.

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2017, 08:51 AM

Kos for me, although Xhaka would also be in with a shout

SWv2
09-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Pep played Sterling, Aguero, De Bruyne, Jesus and Silva and still had Sane, Gundogan and Da Silva (wonderful player) on the bench.

Why on earth was he after Sanchez? :yikes:

Indeed, it is quite ridiculous and part of me wishes he had got the small Chilean so I could see what his plan was. One would have to think that after a small period of so-called acclimatisation (not weather wise) the lad Bernardo Silva will play each week, he is simply too good not to.

Gundogan also, simply brilliant footballer though his injuries leave more scope for him missing out.

Sir C
09-18-2017, 08:53 AM
I didn't watch it properly. I had people over for lunch so I had to sneak it on and leave it on mute.

What did you have for lunch?

Rich
09-18-2017, 08:55 AM
Indeed, it is quite ridiculous and part of me wishes he had got the small Chilean so I could see what his plan was. One would have to think that after a small period of so-called acclimatisation (not weather wise) the lad Bernardo Silva will play each week, he is simply too good not to.

Gundogan also, simply brilliant footballer though his injuries leave more scope for him missing out.

I wonder if Alexis would laugh at his own team missing chances he perceives as easy (see Lacazette's miss and subsequent hysterics) if he'd gone to City?

SWv2
09-18-2017, 09:04 AM
I wonder if Alexis would laugh at his own team missing chances he perceives as easy (see Lacazette's miss and subsequent hysterics) if he'd gone to City?

I have no idea what you are on about.

Rich
09-18-2017, 09:08 AM
I have no idea what you are on about.

When Ramsey hit the post and the ball bounced up to Lacazette who missed the empty net, the cameras panned around to the Arsenal bench. Players and staff alike were off their seats, head in hands. The exception here was Alexis who instead slapped Ospina on the back and laughed heartedly.

Burney
09-18-2017, 09:09 AM

On Saturday, I made Albondigas, tortilla, fried Padron peppers, ribs with a sherry glaze, chicharrones and gambas al ajillo.

Love a tapas, but cooking six different dishes to produce simultaneously is a pain in the hole.

Pat Vegas
09-18-2017, 09:09 AM

Carbonara and chicken Milanese.

I still think the pasta dish should be second but apparently this against the law of Italy.

PSRB
09-18-2017, 09:10 AM

Jeez, Rich, I suggest you watch what happened rather than read The Telegraph. He was laughing because in the excitement he hit Ospina in the face (lightly) and was trying to apologise whilst laughing about it. Had absolutely nothing to do with the miss

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Jeez, Rich, I suggest you watch what happened rather than read The Telegraph. He was laughing because in the excitement he hit Ospina in the face (lightly) and was trying to apologise whilst laughing about it. Had absolutely nothing to do with the miss
:hehe: Hadn't read that - did seem a bit odd

PSRB
09-18-2017, 09:36 AM
:hehe: Hadn't read that - did seem a bit odd

Of course that clearly doesn't fit the Sanchez hates being at Arsenal agenda

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-18-2017, 09:45 AM

To be fair, for the first 10-12 minutes, it looked like more of the same. you could only see Chelsea scoring and running out comfortable winners. After that, we got a foot hold in the game, created 2 reasonable chances very quickly and never looked back. Lacazette should have scored when the ball rebounded off the post but apart from Pedro running through and fluffing his lines, Chelsea never really looked like scoring.

The 2 moments of the match for me were when Kolasinac got a yellow for halting a Chelsea counter and Bellerin doing exactly the same thing 2 minutes later. We are often guilty of not committing those kinds of fouls.

World's End Stella
09-18-2017, 09:48 AM
To be fair, for the first 10-12 minutes, it looked like more of the same. you could only see Chelsea scoring and running out comfortable winners. After that, we got a foot hold in the game, created 2 reasonable chances very quickly and never looked back. Lacazette should have scored when the ball rebounded off the post but apart from Pedro running through and fluffing his lines, Chelsea never really looked like scoring.

The 2 moments of the match for me were when Kolasinac got a yellow for halting a Chelsea counter and Bellerin doing exactly the same thing 2 minutes later. We are often guilty of not committing those kinds of fouls.

Hector breaking up a counter attack by running behind the player on the ball and putting two hands in his back before shoving him over made me laugh out loud.

Well done Hector. :clap:

Ash
09-18-2017, 09:55 AM

Hazard could have been stopped scoring last year in this manner. Perhaps we have learned from that.

Pat Vegas
09-18-2017, 10:00 AM
That's the 3rd :redcard: in a row in a Arsenal Chelsea game.
strangely it's all for them lately.

Ash
09-18-2017, 10:15 AM
That's the 3rd :redcard: in a row in a Arsenal Chelsea game.
strangely it's all for them lately.

Seven reds in the last seven matches between these two clubs, including Costa's retrospective.

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2017, 10:25 AM
Seven reds in the last seven matches between these two clubs, including Costa's retrospective.

Hang on if Costa's retrospective is included then shouldn't Gabriel's not count then? That's a minefield, a

Peter
09-18-2017, 10:28 AM
Hang on if Costa's retrospective is included then shouldn't Gabriel's not count then? That's a minefield, a

Wasnt that other one overturned as well? The Gibbs/Ox 'they all look the same' debacle?

Peter
09-18-2017, 10:29 AM

Wonderful. 'Guilty of not committing a foul'- I love it ;)

I did think we looked rather crisp in a lot of the passing and we were playing a little quicker than usual and a little higher up the pitch. But I have seen this happen before for a spell only to then see us carved open on the counter attack and go behind so I didnt think too much of it.

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Wasnt that other one overturned as well? The Gibbs/Ox 'they all look the same' debacle?

gpwm - it was