PDA

View Full Version : Things you have no idea will confuse foreigners: Ebbsfleet

Burney
09-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Americanchap nect to me panicked because he thought he'd got on the wrong train when the French Johnny mentioned Ebbsfleet. Said to me 'Parlez vous Anglais?' at which point I reassured him.

Obviously, I should have struck the fellow for mistaking me for a Frenchman, but one must make allowances for the Yanqui, I suppose.

Sir C
09-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Americanchap nect to me panicked because he thought he'd got on the wrong train when the French Johnny mentioned Ebbsfleet. Said to me 'Parlez vous Anglais?' at which point I reassured him.

Obviously, I should have struck the fellow for mistaking me for a Frenchman, but one must make allowances for the Yanqui, I suppose.

You mean he had never heard of Ebbsfleet? Surely the football team has put the 'Fleet very much on the world map?

Pat Vegas
09-15-2017, 01:33 PM

It's your fault for wearing that Beret around.

Luis Anaconda
09-15-2017, 01:40 PM

I always love the look on people's faces when they ask me for directions in faltering German (which happens a surprising amount) and I reply in English. They look so happy

Burney
09-15-2017, 01:42 PM
You mean he had never heard of Ebbsfleet? Surely the football team has put the 'Fleet very much on the world map?

Sadly, no. Damned fellow probably doesn't even know you played at a certain level.

Sir C
09-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Sadly, no. Damned fellow probably doesn't even know you played at a certain level.

Poor benighted ignorami, they are.

Pat Vegas
09-15-2017, 01:55 PM
I always love the look on people's faces when they ask me for directions in faltering German (which happens a surprising amount) and I reply in English. They look so happy

Wo ist das Emirates stadion Bitte?

SWv2
09-15-2017, 02:07 PM

I often offer my help to obviously lost tourists around the city.

Few avail, others look at me as if I am about to rob them. ****s.

redgunamo
09-15-2017, 02:47 PM
I often offer my help to obviously lost tourists around the city.

Few avail, others look at me as if I am about to rob them. ****s.

Are you about to rob them?